Man arrested, held while police inves...

Man arrested, held while police investigate death

There are 57 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Apr 14, 2007, titled Man arrested, held while police investigate death. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

“The story he gave us kept changing”

'He was within an hour of fleeing,' Greenfield Police Chief Joe Grebmeier said. When police arrested Juan E. Cardona, 30, Friday, relatives from Texas were in the house, and police suspected Cardona was preparing to leave California with them.

'We needed to move soon,' Grebmeier said.

Cardona was arrested for possession of stolen property, being an ex-felon in possession of firearms, and violation of probation. Grebmeier said Cardona also is the 'prime suspect' in Wednesday's shooting death of Roxann Pedraza, 21, who lived with Cardona at his home in the 400 block of Clifton Court in Greenfield. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cinthia

United States

#1 Apr 14, 2007
I think that is so wrong of that guy to kill a 21 year old Roxann Pedraza. R.I.P
anonomus

Monterey, CA

#2 Apr 18, 2007
i dont see why he'd do something like this. i personally know him. i think he was provoked,roxanne was a tough girl and shes the kind of girl that i can picture saying "shoot me,come on do it then". they had problems in their relationship and i think juan went out of his mind and couldnt take it anymore and pulled out his gun just to scare roxanne.i think he pulled the triggar without even realizes what he was doing. i think he did it out of jealously and anger but he didnt mean to hurt roxanne.i cant explain it,i know how he is.he wouldnt do something like this
cinthia

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2007
HE diden't do that she did.
topicks

Arcadia, CA

#4 Apr 18, 2007
no one provokes anyone our actions our our responsibility.
cinthia

United States

#5 Apr 19, 2007
topicks wrote:
no one provokes anyone our actions our our responsibility.
What do you mean by that?
Michelle

Salinas, CA

#6 May 10, 2007
anonomus wrote:
i dont see why he'd do something like this. i personally know him. i think he was provoked,roxanne was a tough girl and shes the kind of girl that i can picture saying "shoot me,come on do it then". they had problems in their relationship and i think juan went out of his mind and couldnt take it anymore and pulled out his gun just to scare roxanne.i think he pulled the triggar without even realizes what he was doing. i think he did it out of jealously and anger but he didnt mean to hurt roxanne.i cant explain it,i know how he is.he wouldnt do something like this
Then please explain to me extensive criminal background including firing upon a resident in the past. he has it in to do something such as cause a death. you obviously don't know who you are talking about....
Michelle

Salinas, CA

#7 May 10, 2007
you don't know him.....then you have nothing to stand by.... so step out of the conversation.
anonomus

United States

#8 May 11, 2007
Thats bull and you all know it! Ok Juan was this idiot who claimed he WAS the man and so on.The guy sold drugs he was soo spun on meth,he still had no right to do what he did!To justify his actions are plain insane he will get what he deserves.I know Juan his brother,his sisters & his parents,so please spare me the bull on how she prevoked him nothing justifys MURDER you dumb idiot!
anonomus

United States

#9 May 11, 2007
bragging he has this gun and that gun the only people who defend him here are the ones who slept with him because we all know he would sleep around like he always did,the fact is the guy is gonna get what he deserves plain and simple.. :)
just commenting

Salinas, CA

#10 May 29, 2007
STOP talking about Juan, you dont know if he did it or not. The only ones that know what actually happen is Juan and Roxanne and unfortunantly shes dead RIP and I dought that he will confess if infact it was him that did it. stop talking about what you dont know facts of the Roxanne rest
anonomus

AOL

#11 May 31, 2007
I personally know his family and he just ruined his life just how he ruined other in his path. He is only starting to pay all the damage he did to others RIP roxanne...there is no exuse for juan he is getting what he deserves. just another looser off the streets!!!!!!!!!
pimptone

Modesto, CA

#12 Jul 15, 2007
its like this i know him , and all you shit talkers let it go..hes still familia.. for ever much love primo.....
rck

Fresno, CA

#13 Jul 16, 2007
ya! calmem las mamadas
THANKS

Modesto, CA

#14 Jul 18, 2007
SO WHATS THE HAPPS WITH HIS COURT, CAN I GET AN UPDATE? ANYONE?
Latoya

Salinas, CA

#15 Jul 26, 2007
Its a shame that the focus here is that murdering bastard...Just about everyone here seems to "know him" in one light or the other. Well I knew him too, I went to school with his sister Isela and I watched him be that town bad ass that everyone thought was so cool... but you know what I knew Roxanne even better she was my blood my little cousin and after spending years in Iraq helping other people come home alive I returned to Greenfield only to have to collect my cousins blood soaked things from that bastards house. To the Idiot who said he must have pulled the trigger without even realizing it give me a break do you know how much pressure it takes to pull a trigger. And to the person who wants to know his next court date its in hell...
rck

Fresno, CA

#16 Jul 27, 2007
ur cousin shouldnt have been messing arround with someone like him,knowing he was into drugs and had a criminal record.So easy to point fingers.
Latoya

Salinas, CA

#17 Jul 27, 2007
rck wrote:
ur cousin shouldnt have been messing arround with someone like him,knowing he was into drugs and had a criminal record.So easy to point fingers.
wow thats real genious...first he was a good guy who probably didnt realize what he was doing know its her fault because he was a bad guy...and your right its extremly easy to point fingers especially when you know facts and the fact is Juan murderd my cousin. And the officers of the law involved need to get on their job so that he rots his life away in prison
RCK LOL

Modesto, CA

#18 Aug 6, 2007
JUAN DID NOT KILL HER ....
RCK LOL

Modesto, CA

#19 Aug 6, 2007
HE DID NOT KILL HER ....
Latoya

Salinas, CA

#20 Aug 7, 2007
RCK LOL wrote:
HE DID NOT KILL HER ....
Well according to one of his many statements he did and your apparently not smart enough to be a judge so lets not get ahead of yourself! You are an embarassment, the nerve of you to actually take the time to get on the computer come to this site pretend like you can spell and read and make a mockery of someones death. Im sure you make your own friends and family proud you jerk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walker knocks Clinton for her Milwaukee shootin... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 318
News Man sentenced to 17 years in 2013 homicide 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
News Jury Selection Expected in 2010 Mathis Murder Case (Apr '13) 5 hr Sad 77
News Two Charged In Home Invasion Robbery and Rape (Aug '10) Wed little sista 170
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf Wed Jerksen 1
News a I want them in jail:a 8-year-old wounded in s... Wed grounded in reality 1
News How did Amber Woods die? (Mar '08) Wed Her cousin Diana 17
More from around the web