State police identify Carlsbad Police...

State police identify Carlsbad Police officers involved in fatal sh...

There are 46 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jun 14, 2014, titled State police identify Carlsbad Police officers involved in fatal sh.... In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

New Mexico State Police have identified the two Carlsbad Police Department officers involved in the shooting death of 24-year-old Troy Kirkpatrick Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#21 Jun 17, 2014
MLE1 wrote:
Absolutely. NM has banned the de ath penalty for any crime. A person could torture and murder a hundred children and the State of NM could not execute them. So, lets give the uneducated police officers to execute the citizens for wreckless driving and embarassing them for their incompetence. He was driving that way due to aggressive pursuit. He was in an orange jumpsuit and shackles. Any competent jurisdiction would have backed off, allow it to desecalate, and then apprehend with minimal danger to the public....
St. Matthw
16:27
For th Son of man shall kom in th
glory of His Fathr with his angls :
an thn will H rnr to vry man akkoring
to his works.
Mesquite_Thorn

Carlsbad, NM

#22 Jun 17, 2014
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that the cops are tired of these low life stupid mother effing law breaking eff ups of society. Sounds like he was ASPD.
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY GET TO KILL PEOPLE. They violated this man's right to a trial and justice as determined by a jury of citizens. They shot him in the back... in the New Mexico I grew up in, that is the act of a coward or a criminal, NOT a cop. PERIOD.
Jakeco

Carlsbad, NM

#23 Jun 18, 2014
Mesquite_Thorn wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY GET TO KILL PEOPLE. They violated this man's right to a trial and justice as determined by a jury of citizens. They shot him in the back... in the New Mexico I grew up in, that is the act of a coward or a criminal, NOT a cop. PERIOD.
They shot him while he was operating a vehicle in an extremely erratic and aggressive manner, that he had stolen.
The moment some POS makes the decision to endanger others with such blatant disregard such as this, the #1 priority is to stop the threat NOW, whether it be by the cops or someone else.
I have no doubt you would enthusiastically agree if you found yourself or loved ones in the path of this moron during his little temper tantrum.
Great Guy

Artesia, NM

#24 Jun 20, 2014
He was such a great guy with great friends... check out his Facebook page.
justsayin

Lovington, NM

#25 Jun 20, 2014
Mesquite_Thorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!
Mesquite_Thorn

Carlsbad, NM

#26 Jun 20, 2014
It really doesn't matter if this man was Satan himself. He was denied basic CONSTITUTIONAL rights because a trigger happy asshat of a cop "was given an excuse". Cops are not backed by legal support of the populace they patrol!!! Technically, police are CONTRACTORS to the local government. How long is it going to take for you people to realize that this is about CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE, in EVERY aspect???
Mesquite_Thorn

Carlsbad, NM

#27 Jun 20, 2014
... Actually, I will be surprised if that extrapolation of logic isn't mocked by the SHEEPLE not seeing that FEDERAL encroachment into law enforcement with their militant "everyone is the enemy" training is now affecting us locally.
Mesquite_Thorn

Carlsbad, NM

#28 Jun 20, 2014
...which begs the question, WHY EXACTLY DOES THE CPD NEED AN MRAP AGAIN? Who is the enemy they are being armed against and preparing for exactly? Could it possibly be a pissed off populace who refuses to obey totalitarian dictatorship's BS fiat executive mandates??? I assume so... just know, myself, and others like me are teaching as many people as we can make listen about the COMMUNIST agenda being forced on us day after day..... and intimidation tactics like militarized police use will only quicken the revolution that WILL bring some justice, at a bloody and violent price no one will agree it was worth after all is said and done. Mark my words, this IS coming.
NoMatter

Carlsbad, NM

#29 Jun 21, 2014
Police are police for a reason. As a police officer, yes you will mix with people who have f'd up lives. As an officer you may have to chase and tackle someone. You may get bumped and bruised taking a combative individual down. You volunteer to put your life at risk, you knew that when you took the job. And we the public thank you for that. Today though the police in many communities seem to feel it is acceptable to shoot before trying to use these other methods they are provided and trained on. Why do they choose the easy way out for themselves, one reason because so many will back them because after all the offender was just scum, the community is really better off without them. Secondly because we now hire officers who are not here for the community, but ones who think the uniform gives them some sort of puffed up authority and they like having the power to intimidate. While there are good officers there are just as many who are not.

This young man who I do not know had done a lot of bad stuff this is true. He also put a lot of people at risk. But at the time of the shooting if he was not presenting an immediate risk right at that moment then that gun should never have been fired. That is what the tazers, pepper spray, and old fashion chasing and tackling are for. This young man as screwed up as he was had kids, family, a mother and if it is as been said and he was shot in the back while fleeing then these officers are guilty of killing this young man. Just because someone is a deviant in society does not mean we have the right to exterminate them.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#30 Jun 21, 2014
Let me be clear on something first. I am not condoning the actions of the police in this particular incident. We do not know all of the facts yet but 2 gunshot wounds to the back leads us to believe this may not have been justified.

Now, with that being said. Police officers are performing a job/service to their respective community. Some officers on some occasions are put in a position where they have to make a split second decision to use deadly force. Officers have family too and their families are expecting them to make it home. They are not trained to "shoot them in the leg" etc. They are trained to only use their firearm in defense of their lives or that of those the perpetrator is attempting to harm. There are plenty of times when this decision is questionable and others where officers were blatantly over-zealous in their reaction. This is why every time an officer uses his/her weapon in the line of duty it is investigated and reviewed. If it does not hold up to scrutiny then charges should be filed and the judicial process started.

I find it odd that more of the "less than lethal" technologies out there are not being better utilized by the civilian police. The CPD in particular would be better off with some of these tools than the MRAP they now have.

Am sure several morons will follow up on my post making claims that I am defending the officers in this incident regardless of the fact I clearly said I am not.
leash law

Carlsbad, NM

#31 Jun 24, 2014
The entire issue is the use of deadly force v. use of non deadly force (tasar)
no question the 'bum' needed stopping, but could he have been stopped w/o GS to the back? I don't think we yet know

On the other hand, a lot of tax payer $$$ has been saved

you decide..........
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#32 Jun 24, 2014
leash law wrote:
no question the 'bum' needed stopping, but could he have been stopped w/o GS to the back? I don't think we yet know
you decide..........
Hurting or killing anyon is against th law.
Th kops shoul b arrst just lik thr viktims.
Th y r having fun with thr toys.(tasars)
Jsus' kross bkam a swor . H is mn.
Murof

Artesia, NM

#33 Jun 24, 2014
Forum is retard
Forum lives at CARC
Forum bad girl for playing with ipad
Go to bed Forum
Go to bed.
geez

Jourdanton, TX

#34 Jun 24, 2014
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>Hurting or killing anyon is against th law.
Th kops shoul b arrst just lik thr viktims.
Th y r having fun with thr toys.(tasars)
Jsus' kross bkam a swor . H is mn.
Whoa... Your argument MIGHT be valid if anyone could decipher what you are trying to say. Second and Third graders can do better than what you did here.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#35 Jun 25, 2014
Murof wrote:
Forum is retard
Forum lives at CARC
Go to bed Forum
Go to bed.
Murof?
Che

Hobbs, NM

#36 Jul 12, 2014
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
And my son has a father, allan isn't a father at all. I have nothing to do with him. You seem attracted to him. I'm sure he would suck you dry if you ask him. You can have him. I sure as hell don't want him. And so you know, you have called my ex step son and others spawns as well. For all I know you can be a child rapist. So, that's what you are to me now, a child rapist.
You want to call my child a spawn then I will call you a child rapist.
Yet another admirable post from a lovely Christian girl.
Che

Hobbs, NM

#37 Jul 12, 2014
leash law wrote:
you decide..........
BTW, how's the new police chief doin?
Imnotsure

Tucumcari, NM

#38 Jul 13, 2014
But I'm willing to put five on it. They need a new keyboard and... Bad. Like yday already!!
Murof wrote:
Forum is retard
Forum lives at CARC
Go to bed Forum
Go to bed.
Imnotsure

Tucumcari, NM

#39 Jul 13, 2014
SpotOn!!!
Che wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another admirable post from a lovely Christian girl.
Che

Carlsbad, NM

#41 Sep 26, 2014
Murof wrote:
Forum is retard
Forum lives at CARC
Go to bed Forum
Go to bed.
You dumbass!!! I know you live in Carlsbad, but show just 'an eensy teensy bit of intelligence and drop the idiotem, "retard." Calling anyone that name indicates your mommy and daddies taught you nothing about considering the feelings of others.

Remember what Jesus said: "As you treat the least of them you treat me."

Although I believe all people with all disabilities deserve to be shown love and respect, the least your parents could do is show the disabled love and respect so you could know using that word is like using the "N" word.

A woman I know graduated from high school, and is in college now. Did you graduate from high school and pursue a college education? Didn't think so dumbass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 3 hr local yokel 27
News New DNA tests planned in Jon Benet Case Mon Revelations 2
News Break Emerging in JonBenet Ramsey Case? (Oct '10) Mon Revelations 5
News Pennington pleads innocent (Jan '08) Mon Guywhowasthere 29
News Sharo Kirkwood, domestic dispute north shelby c... (Dec '09) Mon Angie 3
News Ontario woman to stand trial in husband's slaying (Dec '08) Mon Lopez 167
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) Mon weh 2,005
More from around the web