State police identify Carlsbad Police...

State police identify Carlsbad Police officers involved in fatal sh...

There are 46 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jun 14, 2014, titled State police identify Carlsbad Police officers involved in fatal sh.... In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

New Mexico State Police have identified the two Carlsbad Police Department officers involved in the shooting death of 24-year-old Troy Kirkpatrick Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Uncalled for

Lovington, NM

#1 Jun 15, 2014
Might I add escaping, running from these TWO OFFICERS, UNARMED!!!!! I can say these Officers, males who think they are bad [email protected] with a badge who can conquer the world used their guns/weapon cowardly! Do they not have tasers, they both are physically fit to have been able to apprehend him. I am wondering, are they both on administrative leave? Which or did both shoot their guns? What a pitiful sight, two badged cowards running after an individual who escaped custody in shackles , they could not CATCH up to him, so they shoot him twice in the back!!!!! In the BACK!!!! TAKE BOTH THEIR BADGES AWAY!!!!!
You sir are an idiot

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jun 15, 2014
If you were not there and don't know all the details, or the history police had with this multi convicted dangerous felon, with whom they had recently had an armed standoff, keep your armchair police chiefing piehole shut. If wrong was done by the police, it will come out in the investigation.
Doughboy

Artesia, NM

#3 Jun 15, 2014
I want to thank the two officers for the fine work they did. Thank you. Our community is safer without that repeat scumbag offender on our streets.
MLE1

United States

#4 Jun 15, 2014
Last I checked, this "scum" never murdered anyone. Guess that makes him better than these two officers...or "jack booted thugs"
Doughboy

Artesia, NM

#5 Jun 15, 2014
So glad he's gone.
MLE1

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2014
Doughboy wrote:
So glad he's gone.
Hey, don't be jealous. Maybe your heroes will shoot you or one of your loved ones in the back. Anyone that thinks they are immune from an encounter with the PD are living in a fantasy world.
You sir are an idiot

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jun 15, 2014
Well most of us don't a) cause a swat standoff while armed, b) viciously attack a guard then steal a car (a deadly weapon as defined by law) then c) escape driving through the streets endangering normal law abiding citizens. In fact, most of us with morals, values and respect for others lives and belongings DONT END UP IN JAIL IN THE FIRST PLACE!! And as the ex wife of another career criminal Michele, I can see where you get your disdain for the law since, much like an alley cat in heat, you chose a man like that to father your spawn. Having said that, if Mr. Kirkpatrick had ran into you or your children, you would be singing another tune. So I could care less where they shot that guy as long as they protected me and everyone else from someone who was determined not to go back to jail where he belongs.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Jun 15, 2014
St. Matthw
10:39
H that fin th his lif , shall
los it: an h that shall los
his lif for m , shall fin it.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Jun 15, 2014
You sir are an idiot wrote:
Well most of us don't a) cause a swat standoff while armed, b) viciously attack a guard then steal a car (a deadly weapon as defined by law) then c) escape driving through the streets endangering normal law abiding citizens. In fact, most of us with morals, values and respect for others lives and belongings DONT END UP IN JAIL IN THE FIRST PLACE!! And as the ex wife of another career criminal Michele, I can see where you get your disdain for the law since, much like an alley cat in heat, you chose a man like that to father your spawn. Having said that, if Mr. Kirkpatrick had ran into you or your children, you would be singing another tune. So I could care less where they shot that guy as long as they protected me and everyone else from someone who was determined not to go back to jail where he belongs.
Ummm, I don't write under anything but this name. So, stop bringing my name up. Disdain for the law? wtf are you talking about? I have cops in my family. Where the hell do you think I am disdain towards the cops? As for calling my son a spawn, I hope one day the cops shoot you in the back. There's no need to start crap with me when I haven't been on here except now. Do you feel like a big man now after talking shit behind a false computer huh and talking shit about my son. And why would I hate the cops for? As for my ex husband, the POS can die for all I care. And the way you talk, your kids are spawns just like you...worthless, pos, waste of oxygen. Now, try talking shit when I write under this name. I'm not in NM and I'm not MLE1. I have the registered name that I don't use. Now if you can't get a clue as to what I wrote here then you are more stupid than what I thought you to be in the first place.

Location hidden

#10 Jun 15, 2014
And my son has a father, allan isn't a father at all. I have nothing to do with him. You seem attracted to him. I'm sure he would suck you dry if you ask him. You can have him. I sure as hell don't want him. And so you know, you have called my ex step son and others spawns as well. For all I know you can be a child rapist. So, that's what you are to me now, a child rapist.
You want to call my child a spawn then I will call you a child rapist.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 15, 2014
Hey child rapist. Did you find my ex so he can suck you dry?
yanksallday

Hobbs, NM

#12 Jun 15, 2014
I called it I said 2 yrs ago duarte was going to kill some unjustly on duty. Especially since I specifically heard him say he "wished some tweaker would give him a reason". Ryan Rodriguez will be the next officer to shoot someone mark my words people!
I bet

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Jun 15, 2014
Totally agree!
yanksallday wrote:
I called it I said 2 yrs ago duarte was going to kill some unjustly on duty. Especially since I specifically heard him say he "wished some tweaker would give him a reason". Ryan Rodriguez will be the next officer to shoot someone mark my words people!

Location hidden

#14 Jun 15, 2014
yanksallday wrote:
I hope not Ryan. He has always been nice to me and I have known him all my life. I hope you are wrong.
Mesquite_Thorn

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Jun 16, 2014
If you were not there and don't know all the details, or the history police had with this multi convicted dangerous felon, with whom they had recently had an armed standoff, keep your armchair police chiefing piehole shut. If wrong was done by the police, it will come out in the investigation.
Yea right. When cops investigate cops, the cops win. Your faith in "The Justice System" is a relic of an era that officially ended on 9/11. No justice, no peace.
time to go

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jun 16, 2014
it is nearly time to leave the US and move to Ireland or panama or costa rica or....................
Headsacrossthews ters

Tucumcari, NM

#17 Jun 17, 2014
time to go wrote:
it is nearly time to leave the US and move to Ireland or panama or costa rica or..........
yep o'conus ...
Outta dodge
Jakeco

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Jun 17, 2014
When you steal a vehicle and operate it in such a reckless, dangerous manner, then you are an imminent threat to others and must be stopped at all costs.
Period.
He got exactly what he asked for, and exactly what h e deserved.
MLE1

United States

#19 Jun 17, 2014
Absolutely. NM has banned the de ath penalty for any crime. A person could torture and murder a hundred children and the State of NM could not execute them. So, lets give the uneducated police officers to execute the citizens for wreckless driving and embarassing them for their incompetence. He was driving that way due to aggressive pursuit. He was in an orange jumpsuit and shackles. Any competent jurisdiction would have backed off, allow it to desecalate, and then apprehend with minimal danger to the public....

Location hidden

#20 Jun 17, 2014
MLE1 wrote:
Absolutely. NM has banned the de ath penalty for any crime. A person could torture and murder a hundred children and the State of NM could not execute them. So, lets give the uneducated police officers to execute the citizens for wreckless driving and embarassing them for their incompetence. He was driving that way due to aggressive pursuit. He was in an orange jumpsuit and shackles. Any competent jurisdiction would have backed off, allow it to desecalate, and then apprehend with minimal danger to the public....
It is apparent that the cops are tired of these low life stupid mother effing law breaking eff ups of society. Sounds like he was ASPD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hondo fugitive caught in laundry hamper (Nov '11) 1 hr zjcastillo 221
News Tattoo shop murder suspects indicted (May '08) 3 hr Jeremys_Pimp_in_p... 75
News Man changes murder plea to guilty (Jan '08) Fri Quiarra- kristi d... 7
News Attorney: Mississippi man shot in head by police Dec 14 yidfellas hate USA 12
News Murdered decade ago, Brandon, then 8, is still ... (Oct '07) Dec 14 Sharon Taint 26
News Arizona Cop Acquitted for Fatal Shooting Dec 14 Kev from Michigan 1
News Homicide rate in Knoxville, Knox County hits hi... Dec 13 Preacher Bubba 2
More from around the web