8:49 a.m..: Man killed in drive-by sh...

8:49 a.m..: Man killed in drive-by shooting

There are 19 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Mar 13, 2008, titled 8:49 a.m..: Man killed in drive-by shooting. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A 20-year-old Pomona man was killed in a drive-by shooting late Wednesday. Kevin Castillo was pronounced dead at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center shortly after friends drove him there, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Johnny Cardenas

AOL

#1 Mar 13, 2008
It's never safe to stand with a group of people in the dark in Pomona if you are visible from the road. It's been that way for almost 30 years. The most dangerous things you can do is stand with friends on the sidewalk, in a driveway, under a streetlight, or in a front yard. If you are with two or more people you can be a target. Especially after 9:00 p.m. It's really sad, but it's still a reality. If you want to hang around with friends after dark, you need to be inside, or in a back yard. You learn that at an early age in Pomona. Very sad that this had to happen.
observador

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2008
No big loss. the victim was a Mexican, the perps were Mexican. Its all good, it thins out the Mexican illegal alien population in SoCal.
Wgirlz

Fontana, CA

#3 Mar 13, 2008
observador wrote:
No big loss. the victim was a Mexican, the perps were Mexican. Its all good, it thins out the Mexican illegal alien population in SoCal.
Then there won't be any news to read.
aaa

Diamond Bar, CA

#4 Mar 13, 2008
black lincon towncar
Curtis

Lake Elsinore, CA

#5 Mar 13, 2008
You have to be happy when mexicans take each other out!! Keep up the good work you losers!! Trust me, the whole country is hoping you can continue your pu*sy gang killings.
aaa

Diamond Bar, CA

#7 Mar 13, 2008
Curtis wrote:
You have to be happy when mexicans take each other out!! Keep up the good work you losers!! Trust me, the whole country is hoping you can continue your pu*sy gang killings.
he is from central america not mexican
David

Lake Elsinore, CA

#8 Mar 14, 2008
We're happy when anybody from mexico or latin america, south america takes each other out!! Different countries - same latin third world hellholes.
Alex

Lake Elsinore, CA

#9 Mar 14, 2008
All of the latin countries are dumps anyways - go back and live in your huts.
Cherie

United States

#10 Mar 14, 2008
SHAME ON MAYOR TORRES FOR ALLOWING POMONA TO HAVE SO MANY GANGS FOR SO LONG!
SHE WAS THE ONE THAT DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH POLICE OR GANG DETECTIVES!
SHE IS THE ONE THAT IS RUNNING THAT CITY AND ALLOWING ALL THIS CRAP TO GO ON.
SHE IS THE ONE THAT IS SPENDING OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS AT TIMES 230,000 DOLLARS FOR THE ILLEGAL POMONA DAY LABOR CENTER now it is at 170,000 of tax payers money!
Chief Ramero is doing all he can with what he has BUT UNTIL THAT MAYOR AND COUCIL STOP BRINGING IN ALL THE CRIMINALS THAT JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL OR MENTAL WARDS AND HOUSE THEM THERE IN ALL THERE LIL GOV RAN HOUSING AND YOU CAN THANK GLORIA MALINA OUR COUNTY SUPERVISOR FOR THAT!
THIS IS ALL RUN OFF FROM L A AND I KNOW IT AND THEY KNOW IT!
GET TO THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING MONDAY NIGHT AT 7PM TO DEMAND THAT THE CITY GET RID OF THE BAD GUYS BEFORE THEY KILL ANOTHER 3 YEAR OLD BOY ON HIS BIRTHDAY!! THEY STILL HAVENT FOUND THAT GUY
HE IS PROBABLY IN MEXICO.
SHAME ON THAT LA RAZA RAN TOWN "THE RACE" all for them none for us
WAKE UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY AND REMEMBER TO FIGHT AGAINST MAYOR TORRES TAKING OUR ASSEMBLY SEAT! GIVE IT TO A CONCERVATIVE THAT WILL FIGHT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION I DONT CARE WHAT BREED REPUBLICAN OR DEM OR INDEPENDENT I AM VOTING FOR THE ONE THAT IS GOING TO STOP THIS INVASION AND RESTORE LAW AND ORDER
A Mothers Cry

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#11 Mar 23, 2008
observador wrote:
Your the loser and racial because you dont no how it feels to lose a child even though your child wasn"t a gang banner and these assholds are just as stupid like people that make dumb comments like you
David

La Verne, CA

#12 Mar 23, 2008
Gangsters should be in jail or dead. Trust me, America is not sad when a gangmember is killed. If the minority community would do a better job raising their kids (instead of blaming everyone else for their problems) we wouldn't have a gang war in the U.S. between blacks and Hispanics.
LiZ

Whittier, CA

#13 Mar 23, 2008
REST IN PEACE KEVIN CASTILLO. F***K WHO DID THIS TO YOU!!!!
LiZ FROM POMONA

Whittier, CA

#14 Mar 23, 2008
AND F***k ALL THIS NEGETIVE COMMMENTS ALL THIS F***ING PEOPLE PUT ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Joe Smith

Palmdale, CA

#15 Mar 23, 2008
Liz, you sound like part of the problem! How is your attitude helping solve these killings?
David

La Verne, CA

#17 Mar 25, 2008
Throw all cholos and cholas in jail. These are the trashy people who shave their whole eyebrow and use a sharpie to draw on the rest - yes the girls have mustaches too. Gangsters are pu*sies!!!!!!! Any dead gangmember is a positive for the rest of us! You ever notice they can only fight if all their friends are with them???
Beat a gangmember today.
BSAK

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Dec 1, 2013
LiZ wrote:
ha ha ha
The Town

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jan 20, 2014
There's no bsa didn't u guys snitch on your homeys from cvp
KRAZY

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jan 20, 2014
Only real gangs run POMONA not taggers get into a gang and hide in the house.
FRESH KID TURNED ROTTEN

Pomona, CA

#21 Feb 17, 2015
observador wrote:
f*CK you homie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump on Chicago shooting: 'Just what I have be... 1 hr Captain Yesterday 27
News San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 2 hr Vote Right 208
News FBI: Drexel kidnapped, raped, shot, fed to gators 6 hr happy 2
News Long Beach man pleads no contest in student's m... (Sep '09) Mon You are all stupid 45
News Authorities name 43-year-old man whose head, ha... Sun Your Neighbor 14
News Jury Selection Expected in 2010 Mathis Murder Case (Apr '13) Sun Somebody 78
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf Sun Tommy 4
More from around the web