Testimony continues in Wallin-Reed mu...

Testimony continues in Wallin-Reed murder trial

There are 8 comments on the Feather River Bulletin story from Sep 20, 2013, titled Testimony continues in Wallin-Reed murder trial. In it, Feather River Bulletin reports that:

Forensic experts testifying in the Wallin-Reed murder trial all agreed the car six Susanville men used to flee from the shooter contained gunshot residue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Feather River Bulletin.

Helen

Burlington, NJ

#1 Oct 18, 2013
But for Rory McGuire going onto private property to steal, none of this would have happened. To his mother: you raised a thief and society is a better place now that he is gone. Also, why couldn't the DA have charge Wallin-Reed with manslaughter? I am just reminded how screwed-up California is.
Chris Miller

South Hadley, MA

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Figures you hail from NJ you waste of life. A boy who makes a mistake or two and commits petty crimes deserves to be chased down and gunned down with a AR 15? Honestly what the world needs is less people like you in it. I hope my x army ranger enjoys his life behind bars he deserves it.
Chris

South Hadley, MA

#3 Oct 18, 2013
Oh and in-case your wondering why they didn't charged him with manslaughter I would be more than happy to enlighten you.It was because the killer chased Rory and his friends who were unarmed taking pot shot along the way with a fully automatic assault rifle while they waved a white tshirt out of there window in a attempt to surrender to the man only to be continually perused until the teenage boys were cornered than sprayed nearly 50 rounds through there car windows killing one kid and injuring the others.
Irene

Burlington, NJ

#4 Oct 18, 2013
Chris wrote:
Oh and in-case your wondering why they didn't charged him with manslaughter I would be more than happy to enlighten you.It was because the killer chased Rory and his friends who were unarmed taking pot shot along the way with a fully automatic assault rifle while they waved a white tshirt out of there window in a attempt to surrender to the man only to be continually perused until the teenage boys were cornered than sprayed nearly 50 rounds through there car windows killing one kid and injuring the others.
Judging by your posts, I bet Rory and his friends (the boys) have a long history of stealing and bullying, starting in high school. As a matter of fact, you sound like the typical bully.
sicko murderer

San Jose, CA

#5 Oct 18, 2013
well, he taught them the ultimate lesson for stealing his DAMN SOLAR LAMP!!!(lol)
Concerned

Lake Oswego, OR

#6 Oct 19, 2013
Irene wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging by your posts, I bet Rory and his friends (the boys) have a long history of stealing and bullying, starting in high school. As a matter of fact, you sound like the typical bully.
You should talk, Irene. You said you were glad he was dead (the world is better off without him). What a sick, sad and disturbing thing to say. Yes, the young men did something stupid. Absolutely. To say that stealing a $4 solar lamp deserves a death sentence is psychopathic! The assailant had an illegal (in CA) firearm and chased them down over the course of nearly 8 miles! He lied about being a ranger or serving overseas so I guess he wasn't a pillar of the community either. Thankfully for him, his crimes didnt warrant a death sentence the way Rory's did...rather selective about who you think deserves to be gunned down, eh Irene. Btw, when you are celebrating a kid's death because of a stupid decision to steal a $4 solar light, YOU are the bully!!!
SickofHypocracy

Carson City, NV

#7 Oct 21, 2013
Chris you are an idiot. The AR15 is semi automatic not fully. There were far less than 50 rounds fired not sprayed. The prosecuting investigators even state that he was taking his time and taking "head shots" You're statements of false facts prove your ignorance to the real story and therefore your comment is completely based on what little info your brain absorbed from the medias biased reports. These young men were punks with extensive rap sheets. You are all focusing on the $4 solar lights. At what price would you justify Chads actions? It's not about the price of the property stolen, it's not even solely about stolen property, it was principal. These punks were terrorizing this family the stolen solar light was simply an act to taunt Chad. Maybe they wanted him to chase them. I dont know I WASNT THERE. NEITHER WERE YOU PEOPLE!!!
When it comes to my family I would break any law(s) without a thought to guarantee their safety.
I've never once met a person who said " If someone messes with my family I'm only going to defend them within the guidelines of the law"
Get over yourselves people and quit being sheep.
suz

Peoria, AZ

#8 Oct 25, 2013
OK--the carload of 6 men went the first night. A
gun shot was fired as a warning. Seriously, would
you go back a second night? Without a gun? Why?
For another solar light? They were looking for
trouble. They knew where they were going--just
trying to terrorize those people. They did.

What they didn't expect was the guy to follow them.

Weren't there casings found in the road that proved
he was shot at first?

Very sad for all concerned. Not murder one though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Valley View: Allentown's violent year 11 hr weapon X 4
News Prosecutor tampered with Jarrad Beard's sentenc... (Jan '13) 14 hr Cheryl tucker 8
Columbus Ohio Making A Run At The Record? 22 hr fat tired old and... 1
News Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) Tue Karma is a bitch 133
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... (Apr '17) Tue Buck Naked 8
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... Tue Enter Username 12
News Police Investigate Fatal Shooting (Mar '07) Tue LailaWilson_stoney 23
More from around the web