Lexington's Gangs: Signs of Trouble

Jan 28, 2008 | Posted by: Kentucky.com | Full story: Kentucky.com

“People were getting into it because he wears red or he wears blue”

When it comes to gangs, Lexington looks a lot like Kansas City did before the shooting started.

That was the conclusion drawn by Ossco Bolton, a former Kansas City gang member who was flown in by the U.S. Attorney's office last fall to assess Lexington's growing gang problem.

After touring the city and visiting a handful of schools, Bolton, 35, said he determined that Lexington's gangs are 'not really as organized as the larger cities,' but they gave him pause and caused him to reflect on his own city. Read more

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Stop Immigration

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 3, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Stop Immigration
charles gamarski

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 5, 2008
 
Bolton is right, and the community is BLIND & STUPID. Lexington as a whole is an upscale community that thinks everything is O.K. Not so, we have an extra-ordinary homeless problem. Don't believe it, visit the HOPE CENTER. And/or any of the many other outreach center's. And Lexington as a whole and the leaders of this community, are useing a band aid to fix a bleeding wound. The drug problen is epidemic, BUT it's really under cover because the kids here are more affluent and can hide it better and longer. Wait till mom's jewels end up in a pawn shop or traded for a chunk of crack rock. Don't believe, go over AND VISIT UK'S DETOX AND PHYCH WARD. Check out the METHADONE TREATMENT CENTER'S. Which are really some of the worst run operations anywhere. Go to any STATE run methadone center and see how easy it is to buy meth right outside the center. See the number of overdoses recorded due to methadone. The reason for this problem is really easy, it's because the doctors are over prescribing, and are falling victim to the addict's game of manipulation. DUH, sorry but you can't fix stupid. And perhaps there is an even greater and worse problem, THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Too bad but the best and the brightest don't go into this field of medicine. Check out the brain dead SOB's who do. And the gangs know this, and use it to their own advantage. The gangs are in the schools, 5% is a very low estimation. The gangs are here in Lexington, in the getto, the latin community and the nice lil white boys and girls who wanna be, are the victims. Gangs survive by selling drugs. The users are the ones that go out and hurt US the community to feed their addictions. WE PAY DEARLY. OH by the way, how do I know this, 45 yrs experience with this problem. On both sides of the fence.
illegal is illegal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

charles gamarski wrote:
Bolton is right, and the community is BLIND & STUPID. Lexington as a whole is an upscale community that thinks everything is O.K. Not so, we have an extra-ordinary homeless problem. Don't believe it, visit the HOPE CENTER. And/or any of the many other outreach center's. And Lexington as a whole and the leaders of this community, are useing a band aid to fix a bleeding wound. The drug problen is epidemic, BUT it's really under cover because the kids here are more affluent and can hide it better and longer. Wait till mom's jewels end up in a pawn shop or traded for a chunk of crack rock. Don't believe, go over AND VISIT UK'S DETOX AND PHYCH WARD. Check out the METHADONE TREATMENT CENTER'S. Which are really some of the worst run operations anywhere. Go to any STATE run methadone center and see how easy it is to buy meth right outside the center. See the number of overdoses recorded due to methadone. The reason for this problem is really easy, it's because the doctors are over prescribing, and are falling victim to the addict's game of manipulation. DUH, sorry but you can't fix stupid. And perhaps there is an even greater and worse problem, THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Too bad but the best and the brightest don't go into this field of medicine. Check out the brain dead SOB's who do. And the gangs know this, and use it to their own advantage. The gangs are in the schools, 5% is a very low estimation. The gangs are here in Lexington, in the getto, the latin community and the nice lil white boys and girls who wanna be, are the victims. Gangs survive by selling drugs. The users are the ones that go out and hurt US the community to feed their addictions. WE PAY DEARLY. OH by the way, how do I know this, 45 yrs experience with this problem. On both sides of the fence.
Just elect MCCAIN as president, and then everyone will see what MCCAIN means by being the best qualified to protect this country. In case you don't understand his language? Let me tell you. His passion is to give more than 20 million law breakers citizenship, a reward for breaking the law, to people he has no idea who they are, and no one ever can find out who they are, because ones they enter this country illegally, they never use the name they were given at birth. Mr. MCCAIN will never close the borders, and we will have more millions, and millions of people coming in illegally. DOES ANY ONE REALLY BELIEVES THAT THIS MAN WHO IS LYING WITH NO CONTROL IS GOING TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY? What a shame, and a disgrace, that people are voting for this man who so passionetely has been fighting in the Senate, and Congress to pass the KENNEDY-MACCAIN AMNESTY BILL.
Chylloh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Romney and Dr. Ron Paul are possibly the only two you can half way trust. The media will not give Dr. Paul any air time and he has not changed from his stance on Illegal immigration from the beginning.

Here in Shelbyville, KY, the MS-13 gang has been terrorizing the community, it took many citizens, the sentinel blogs (which the blogs were finally omitted because the latino community wanted the citizens of Shelbyville censored, it was a even a story in the sentinelnews.com )for our mayor and the aldermen to even react on the problems.

America is being sold out by our gov. and the ones running for president are selling us out as
they campaign.
Darrin shelton

Amelia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Why cant we stiffen laws so that gang activity is considered terrorizm and punish by those laws. We take down drug lord in columbia we but in all over the world but we let our own yard pile up. Im jus a simple person not very educated my grammar and spelling shows that. Ive been on wrong side of fence and can tell ya people go there because its ez.Can be a hard life but everyone knows reasponsability requires more work. Im getting late in my life and I regrett alot of my past sad thing is alot just dont care and will never start caring. Im nowere near perfect but im better than I was yesterday and Ill b even better tomorrow just wished the young ones could see that is no life
Pickel Stoned

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 19, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Patatoes are very nutritious
they sometimes even taist like mashed potatoes
i really like the taist of mashed potatoes
i hope potatoes never hurt me
they are my only friend
Interested indiana

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 21, 2008
 
I have spoken to a few law enforcement officials from Lexington and they seemed worried about the growing gang problem. I am a law enforcement officer myself that deals with gang members on a daily basis and yes nine years ago when I started my career we had members of the community including law enforcement that were in denial and said that the gangs around here arent organized like they are in big cities and then used that famous term wanna bes. Well after a few shootings,robberies,and other gang related crimes law enforcement became interested in learning about tattoos and identifiers. The fact is some current gangs are taking advantage of smaller communities because they are not identifying or properly going after the gang members. Does it really matter if the gangs in Lexington are as organized as the gangs in bigger cities? I can tell you no it doesnt because you obviously still have kids that are for some reason joining these gangs and are committing delinquent acts.
around the corner

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 22, 2008
 
just wait 5 more years and see what kinda problems gangs are in the lex area it needs to be stopped before it gets worse
Almighty Kronus

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 27, 2008
 
Gangs have been apart of this country and this state from its conception. If you truly believe that Lexington does not have functioning, organized gang operating on its street prepare to loss your children or become one of their next victims. All the major Black gangs are and have been recruiting and operating in Lexington and Louisville for I know the last 20-25 years. And with the increase of the Latin population in this area their major gangs will also become more noticeable. I can say this because I am a 20 year member of the Conservative ViceLord Nation, and if you want to save you children and not have this city become what Louisville is Lexington needs to WAKE THE FUCK UP!
KY at Heart

Plainfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 4, 2008
 
You got problems there? Come visit my little city. Or better yet to save on petro costs, come to Indianapolis forums and take a peek. I am longing for Lexington.
Media Watchdog

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 26, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Can't you people see that the whole "gang crisis in Lexington" thing is just a media scare tactic?
QHEF Sexington Ky

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 9, 2008
 
Gang activitey needs containment, because if it spreads throughout the city then we are headed for destruction!
Sman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 10, 2008
 
charles gamarski wrote:
Bolton is right, and the community is BLIND & STUPID. Lexington as a whole is an upscale community that thinks everything is O.K. Not so, we have an extra-ordinary homeless problem.


No he isn't; not even close. Gang activity in Lex ... what a joke! The homeless, and gang,, problems in Lexington are, realatively nothing compared to other cities.
charles gamarski wrote:
Don't believe it, visit the HOPE CENTER. And/or any of the many other outreach center's. And Lexington as a whole and the leaders of this community, are useing a band aid to fix a bleeding wound.
Subjective, but woefully wrong.
charles gamarski wrote:
The drug problen is epidemic, BUT it's really under cover because the kids here are more affluent and can hide it better and longer. Wait till mom's jewels end up in a pawn shop or traded for a chunk of crack rock. Don't believe, go over AND VISIT UK'S DETOX AND PHYCH WARD. Check out the METHADONE TREATMENT CENTER'S.
Haha, your rhetoric is telling on your ignorance.
charles gamarski wrote:
Which are really some of the worst run operations anywhere. Go to any STATE run methadone center and see how easy it is to buy meth right outside the center. See the number of overdoses recorded due to methadone.


Here you are confounding two separate issues. Point in fact, Ky's Methadone Authority is one of the most strick in the nation. In fact, methadone treatment centers have a very low incidence of diversion.

The vast majority of overdoses, are the result of methadone diverted from pain control clinics.

Rarely, does it happen as a result of methadone diverted from an addiction center.

See this:
http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs25/25930/inde...
charles gamarski wrote:
The reason for this problem is really easy, it's because the doctors are over prescribing, and are falling victim to the addict's game of manipulation. DUH, sorry but you can't fix stupid. And perhaps there is an even greater and worse problem, THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Too bad but the best and the brightest don't go into this field of medicine. Check out the brain dead SOB's who do. And the gangs know this, and use it to their own advantage. The gangs are in the schools, 5% is a very low estimation. The gangs are here in Lexington, in the getto, the latin community and the nice lil white boys and girls who wanna be, are the victims. Gangs survive by selling drugs. The users are the ones that go out and hurt US the community to feed their addictions. WE PAY DEARLY. OH by the way, how do I know this, 45 yrs experience with this problem. On both sides of the fence.
I don't know if your penchant for "torching" a strawman is from ignorance, or an agenda, but what ever it is, anyone with a little common since can see that bullshit for what it is.

Oh, and be the way I have 30 years in the field.

Care to compare credentials?
toilet i mean america

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 15, 2008
 
Why do people feel the need to join gangs and invade perfectly nice towns, cities, etc? It's piggish and frankly makes me sick. I think there should be laws that catagorize gangs/gang crime as terrorism. I mean...HELLO?!? are they not invading and ruiing America?

Gangs are the most selfish, redundant, discraceful, flamboyant, STuPId "club" today. I pity the people who need to join a gang. Live your own life. Grow up and grow a pair.
Redneck

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 5, 2008
 
Whatever you do, DO NOT elect McCain. I've been to Iraq twice and I don not want to go back again. It just ain't worth it. Also, I want the sale of the US to China that Bush has so slyly instituted to cease. We need a progressive leader, not an Oil and Beer baron. On the issue of gangs and drugs, we need neighborhood programs that will keep our kids occupied in constructive hobbies.
Torra

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 21, 2008
 
MEDIA WATCH DOG SAYS:
Can't you people see that the whole "gang crisis in Lexington" thing is just a media scare tactic?

Don't ever believe that. I was told today that their were thirty gang members who stormed Macys.

They were all in red. They formed a circle and watched one gang member beat down a young seventeen year old boy.

Some of them were kicking him as well.

When the police came the boy was too scared to press charges and the police didn't even want to see the video.

So don't fool yourself the gangs are here.

Citizens need to be prepared to defend themselves what ever it takes.
marquis

Covington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 22, 2008
 
there is not any serious gang violence in lexington people. so you can get your finger off the panic button. the same cities we are looking to for advice is the same cities that cant control their gangs. the mexicans are the only threat of gangs coming to this area.
theTRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 28, 2008
 
Chylloh wrote:
Romney and Dr. Ron Paul are possibly the only two you can half way trust. The media will not give Dr. Paul any air time and he has not changed from his stance on Illegal immigration from the beginning.
Here in Shelbyville, KY, the MS-13 gang has been terrorizing the community, it took many citizens, the sentinel blogs (which the blogs were finally omitted because the latino community wanted the citizens of Shelbyville censored, it was a even a story in the sentinelnews.com )for our mayor and the aldermen to even react on the problems.
America is being sold out by our gov. and the ones running for president are selling us out as
they campaign.
you think u have a gang problem in shelbyville! lmao, get real!
theTRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 28, 2008
 
KY at Heart wrote:
You got problems there? Come visit my little city. Or better yet to save on petro costs, come to Indianapolis forums and take a peek. I am longing for Lexington.
thats known as a big city. duh! the gang problem has existed there for years now, where talkin about the growin gang problem in lexington, not comparing it to larger cities!
theTRUTH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 28, 2008
 
toilet i mean america wrote:
Why do people feel the need to join gangs and invade perfectly nice towns, cities, etc? It's piggish and frankly makes me sick. I think there should be laws that catagorize gangs/gang crime as terrorism. I mean...HELLO?!? are they not invading and ruiing America?
Gangs are the most selfish, redundant, discraceful, flamboyant, STuPId "club" today. I pity the people who need to join a gang. Live your own life. Grow up and grow a pair.
"why do people feel the need to join gangs?"
well, when you live in the hood, an your mother starts doin crack, an you dnt know where your father is, an the only thing you have is a roof over your head, and your alone in the streets an all you see is your peers joinin gangs an sellin drugs to live better, lets see wat u do!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Supremacist held in slayings at Kan. Jewish center 7 min barefoot2626 185
Fatally shot Antioch teen identified 12 min Grow up 2
Conviction vacated after 24 years 1 hr DON MEEHAN 2
14-year-old charged in shooting dea... 3 hr JoeJoe 12
When Whites Are Slain, Do You Fear Blacks Did I... (Aug '07) 6 hr everybody 175
Suspects sought in fatal Pleasanton shooting 7 hr w-hide 12
Texarkana teenager pleads not guilty to murder (Dec '09) 9 hr Former bhs 3
•••
•••
•••
•••