Police: Officers Shoot and Kill Gunman

Police: Officers Shoot and Kill Gunman

There are 3 comments on the Patch.com story from Nov 11, 2013, titled Police: Officers Shoot and Kill Gunman. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Long Beach officers shot and fatally wounded a man tonight who was allegedly shooting at a vehicle in a gas station, a police spokesman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

The Mad Man

Riverside, CA

#1 Nov 11, 2013
Thank you for reporting this Patch.com . I heard this on my scanner.
I see the PT missed the mark but that doesn't surprise me. At least someone had the guts to report this.
spinner90803

Long Beach, CA

#2 Nov 16, 2013
This story is a lie. I know the victim and the truth is the so called "suspect" that was murdered by Long Beach Police was shot by Long Beach Police department 8 times in the back. The officers said that they returned fire at the "suspect". A gun was discovered- four blocks away. The man was not armed and witnesses say he never shot at police. While the 28 year old was dying at a local hospital his mother was denied visitation, and when she insisted the hospital security threatened to have her arrested by LBPD. However she was given visitation during which she was asked to ID her sons body. 19 SIO's in Long Beach this year. Another shining moment for our Long Beach Police Depatment or should they be called Long Beach Stasi?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#3 Nov 17, 2013
spinner90803 wrote:
This story is a lie. I know the victim and the truth is the so called "suspect" that was murdered by Long Beach Police was shot by Long Beach Police department 8 times in the back. The officers said that they returned fire at the "suspect". A gun was discovered- four blocks away. The man was not armed and witnesses say he never shot at police. While the 28 year old was dying at a local hospital his mother was denied visitation, and when she insisted the hospital security threatened to have her arrested by LBPD. However she was given visitation during which she was asked to ID her sons body. 19 SIO's in Long Beach this year. Another shining moment for our Long Beach Police Depatment or should they be called Long Beach Stasi?
spinner90803.

Let us not be rash in our judgement of the cops. They only do what revolutionary Council and the corrupt legal system tell them to do. We should recall when the people of color and women community was up in arms when the cops would use choke-holds to subdue violent out-of-control people of color and women. The same uproar from that community arose when the cops then began using other non-lethal force - such as stun-guns - to subdue violent out-of-control people of color and women. The only option other than the use of deadly force would to let the miscreant escape so that they might continue their reign of violence and terror throughout the community - which is apparently what the people of color and women leadership want.

I do agree, though, that less than deadly force should be employed by the cops when trying to subdue non-persons of color and women. For example, just yesterday the cops shot a diminutive White woman who was armed with a toy pistol. Why shouldn't less than deadly force be used by the cops when they need to subdue White women and other non-people of color and women? Just a non-politically correct suggestion.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Suspect in deadly drive-by shooting arr... 1 hr FunnyHoney 1
News El Paso police make 100 arrests in crackdown in... 2 hr huey goins 2
News Fatal shot in San Francisco pier shooting was r... 4 hr Asian Guy 3
News Wal-Mart to end sales of assault rifles in U.S.... 9 hr Garofolo 3
News 'Black Lives' activists detail goals 9 hr Prep-for-Dep 65
News Josh Earnest blames Vetser on Congress failure ... 9 hr Waste Water 2
News Another transgender woman murdered in Puerto Rico (May '10) 16 hr AllANKs 42
More from around the web