Parents defend murder suspect

There are 158 comments on the San Diego Union-Tribune story from Jun 20, 2007, titled Parents defend murder suspect. In it, San Diego Union-Tribune reports that:

“He got part-time (construction) jobs when he could get them”

The parents of Seth Cravens, one of four La Jolla men accused of killing professional surfer Emery Kauanui, portray their son as a "good person with a good heart," but also a young man who was aggressive and ... via San Diego Union-Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Diego Union-Tribune.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: May 08

United States

#150 Jul 5, 2010
20 years wasn't enough
I Hope Seth Dies

Modesto, CA

#151 Jul 5, 2010
Seth and all those boys WILL burn in hell, and I can't wait until that day is upon us. Hopefully they are tortured and raped in prison.
Tripod

Inglewood, CA

#152 Jul 5, 2010
The skanky lawyer's "Choo Choo" couldn't be more accurate as
Seth boy will be taking it up the caboose regularly.
gr guy

Grand Rapids, MI

#153 Jul 6, 2010
The Cravens didn't take the plea deal because they thought they could beat the system one more time, just as they have done countless other times. If you don't put away punks like Seth when they do something the first time, then they just get more brazen as time goes by.
wikki

Grand Rapids, MI

#154 Jul 6, 2010
Tripod,
Very funny "caboose" comment LOL. Wonder if Seth should change his name in prison to "Ben Dover".
Choo choo

“Hey what's up”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#155 Jul 6, 2010
He's going to get ridden more then a horse in the fifth race at Hollywood Park.

Since: May 08

Capistrano Beach, CA

#156 Jul 8, 2010
wikki wrote:
Tripod,
Very funny "caboose" comment LOL. Wonder if Seth should change his name in prison to "Ben Dover".
Choo choo
lol
specops

New Caney, TX

#157 Aug 14, 2010
Seth's a wus
Grim Reaper

United States

#158 Aug 14, 2010
dude wrote:
They're all a bunch of worthless punks. They are a blight on an otherwise awesome beach during the summer. Bunch of young, drunk morons trying to ruin other people's good times. More of them should be put in jail.
++

These punk MF's will get theirs. Mr. Cravens will need anal reconstructive surgery before he waddles his fat ass out of the pen. He is already the bitch for more than 5 big black bad ass butt rapers. And Mr. Cravens ain't lovin' it. Tough shit punk.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#159 Jan 24, 2012
seth
hanna

Germany

#160 Mar 21, 2012
love the gypsies
never enough

Waynesboro, TN

#161 Mar 22, 2012
Why only 20? Seems like justice wasn't quite done.
Concerned Citizens wrote:
20 years wasn't enough
james

Little Falls, NJ

#162 Sep 24, 2012
lived in europe ya
No prejudices

Lehi, UT

#163 Jan 9, 2013
It's so funny how people can post all this stuff about Seth like they personally know him. Yes a man died, but you weren't there, no one but the people involved know the real story and what really happened that night. The media and everything always makes someone out to be the bad guy and the good guy, but to be honest no one will EVER know what really happened that night. Evidence that and she said/he said that, it's all played up to more than it probably was. How come no one ever saw what Emery did as wrong, or how he acted as bad, I mean he was best friends with Seth. It's always a two way street. Take a step back and look at your life people, were you always the best person, did you always make the right choices, did you always speak kindly of others, did you help when you saw an opportunity to or shy away, did you always follow your parents rules, did you ever stop and think to yourself "I'm not the best person out there?" cause truth be said you're not perfect, god knows I'm not. Who gave you the right to judge Seth or even Emery. I bet they were both good men with flaws, imperfections, faults, trials, tribulations, but you don't know either of them and who are you to judge their families? I feel for Emery's family and for Seth's family. God bless both of them in their endeavors in life and what the future has in hold for them.
Kahuku Blood Lines

Lahaina, HI

#164 May 12, 2013
Unreal! I can't believe how some of Seth Craven's family and friends are coming to his defense after all of Seth's evil actions have been revealed to the world. 15 people have come forward after Seth was convicted of murder, and testified that Seth beat them up too for no reason. You don't have to know Seth personally to know that he is a dangerous person who needs to be put away. The judge and jurors didn't know him either before he was brought to court for murder, yet they were able to gather from all the evidence that he was guilty of murdering this surfer kid. So what if this surfer kid also had some trouble in life, does that make it okay for Seth to kill him with all his force by delivering a sucker punch to him in the head after he was still dazed from the fight he was in with his fellow gang banger? NO! No one has the right to take anyone's life, unless in self defense and clearly Seth's life was not threatened by this surfer kid. If the surfer kid had punched Seth in the face and caused him to die, then it would be self defense because you have Seth and his gang banger friends gaining up on him.

You people who defend this loser and murderer are just as guilty as him for the murder he had committed, because you condone it and back Seth up, so you are just as guilty as Seth.

His parents are truly at fault in not being able to get him the help he needed. His father says he had no idea that Seth was reeking all this havoc in his neighborhood? That's total B.S. The father is known for lying as well as his wife, so why should be believe him. Bill Cravens is a convicted thief and liar, who ripped off thousands of people for millions of dollars, with his wife knowing full well what her husband was doing. His family may deny it until they die, but the world and God know the truth.

The Craven's family are too coward to admit when they are wrong. It's obvious by their actions they are in denial and do not have the character or courage to face the truth.

Seth got what he deserved and now hopefully he will humble himself and become a better person because of his actions and the consequences from them. Although, I highly doubt it considering the parents he has and the examples he has been shown by them. Deny, Deny, Deny and hopefully it will cover up the truth. The facts are this, Seth's father is a liar and a thief with a big ego, Seth is a heartless and egotistical murderer, who's family is also in denial. What a sad and heartless family the Cravens' are.

God help the Cravens' family before they or their posterity reeks more havoc and destruction on our society. Hopefully, there will not be anymore Cravens' causing pain on our society.

God be with Kauanui and his family and give them the comfort and peace that they deserve.
Lexus
#165 Tuesday May 19
VIC wrote:
Sometimes people talk when they should not or start a fight when they should not. Don't be one of them. I'm saddened for Emmery, but he shouldn't have started the fight. If you don't know anything about the Cravens, shut your mouth. And you Red Raider, SHUT UP! A true Red Raider would say something nice or nothing at all.
Emory didn't start the fight. The Bird Rock Bandits drove to HIS house to confront him. And don't act like you're on some sort of moral high ground simply for being a Red Raider. Some Red Raiders are decent human beings, but a whole lot are pond scum.
Lexus
#166 Tuesday May 19
you dont even know wrote:
first of all yes seth is not perfect. yes he's made mistakes and had his fair share of bullying.BUT..the conviction against his father was false so how dare you bring that up when you dont even know half of what is going on.seth might not be an angel but he's not a murderer. those without sin can cast the first stone...read the facts people..this story is so one sided..plz dont tell me you all think emery was a saint..obviously if he was childhood friends with these guys he was invovled with the same kind of activity..yes it is very sad that he died but that doesnt mean he's innocent..every time i read the paper the story has changed..get ur facts straight and grow some balls so you can handle BOTH sides of the story. how dare you talk about his parents like that..they are two of the most wonderful people..people always judge and jump to conclusions..GET IT RITE!!!
The conviction of his father was false? His father PLED GUILTY, for crying out loud! Did he perjure himself in pleading guilty? If so, he's a liar as well as a crook. And addition to pleading guilty, he ratted out his co-conspirators fora lighter sentence. such a morally upstanding guy for a former stake president!

My main issue with William Cravens however, was not his honesty or lack of it, but that he wasn't very nice to people who were in no position to do him any huge favors. You can somewhat gauge the measure of a man by how he treats the little people. He was a big bully. So was his son, apparently. The fruit doesn't often fall all that far from the tree.
Lexus
#167 Tuesday May 19
ANNE MARIE wrote:
Dear Hagg
I speak four languages, write two; English is my third language, could you write to me a letter in Spanish, Italian, French and i will tell you if you can spell?
thanks anyway for the uncalled cruelty and racist
bias
I thought that America was unprejudiced and i do like some aspects of America
Most Americans are kind to me
Thank you anyway
Because I cannot write fluently in any language other than English, I will not only refrain from casting judgment regarding your English literacy skills but will compliment you, as i cannot write nearly so well in any other language. I apologize for those who rudely proclaim themselves The English Language Spelling and Grammar Police. I commend you for your skill at communicating clearly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 25 min BoneYard 93
News This Isn't The First Time Mike Huckabee Has Sid... 35 min Tazo 1
News Streets calm after 71 arrested in Cleveland pro... 2 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 20
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 22 hr thetruth 115
News Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) 23 hr barb 59
News The Latest in Cleveland: Holiday arraignments f... Mon goonsquad 1
News Two charged in murder (Feb '12) Mon anonymous 21
More from around the web