Parents defend murder suspect

Jun 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: San Diego Union-Tribune

“He got part-time (construction) jobs when he could get them”

The parents of Seth Cravens, one of four La Jolla men accused of killing professional surfer Emery Kauanui, portray their son as a "good person with a good heart," but also a young man who was aggressive and ... via San Diego Union-Tribune

Comments
1 - 20 of 155 Comments Last updated May 12, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
sickend and shocked

Haleiwa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

Judged:

How can seth's cravens parents say he was a good person when the evidence is stacked against him that he was a big bully who beat people up for no reason. Is that what his parents think a good person is. His father was guilty of scamming $75 million from over 2,000 innocent victims, and he claimed he was innocent, then he pleaded guilty and snitched on his partners to get a lessor sentence. This is the kind of upbringing Seth has had. With parents like this, it's no wonder he's where he's at now, in jail, and hopefully will rot there forever.
you dont even know

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Judged:

first of all yes seth is not perfect. yes he's made mistakes and had his fair share of bullying.BUT..the conviction against his father was false so how dare you bring that up when you dont even know half of what is going on.seth might not be an angel but he's not a murderer. those without sin can cast the first stone...read the facts people..this story is so one sided..plz dont tell me you all think emery was a saint..obviously if he was childhood friends with these guys he was invovled with the same kind of activity..yes it is very sad that he died but that doesnt mean he's innocent..every time i read the paper the story has changed..get ur facts straight and grow some balls so you can handle BOTH sides of the story. how dare you talk about his parents like that..they are two of the most wonderful people..people always judge and jump to conclusions..GET IT RITE!!!
you dont even know

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Judged:

first of all yes seth is not perfect. yes he's made mistakes and had his fair share of bullying.BUT..the conviction against his father was false so how dare you bring that up when you dont even know half of what is going on.seth might not be an angel but he's not a murderer. those without sin can cast the first stone...read the facts people..this story is so one sided..plz dont tell me you all think emery was a saint..obviously if he was childhood friends with these guys he was invovled with the same kind of activity..yes it is very sad that he died but that doesnt mean he's innocent..every time i read the paper the story has changed..get ur facts straight and grow some balls so you can handle BOTH sides of the story. how dare you talk about his parents like that..they are two of the most wonderful people..people always judge and jump to conclusions..GET IT RITE!!!
Red Raider

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2007

Judged:

Seth was definately not a saint. He came to school at Kahuku for a year and in that year he got every player to hate him. His mom and dad must be idiots to think he was a good boy. Wake up mom....if your husband is a criminal...your son most likely is one too....maybe his mom and dad should join him in jail for being idiots....and who ever wrote that "you don't even know" comment above......UH CHUT YO MOUF
ANNE FLORI

Nice, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Judged:

I do not know Seth therefore i would not judge him as it is unfair to pass judgement on someone we do not know
i grieve for the poor surfer; no one deserves to die so young it is a tragedy and a tragedy for all : this kids had taken different routes after school yet now and then they saw each other i guess i know that they were not a gang as i was told by many people from the area who know best
One thing i know is that Hank Hendricks could not have split himself into two people and live in Natick Mass for three years working and doing sports as he said " it was so hard to keep up and improve" and at the same time be in a gang in California he would have had to have a twin to carry on in his absence for he just was not there
except for a few days each year. Doug Flutie said so himself and he is an honest man
All THIS IS INCOMPREHENSIBLE TO MOST OF US
Hank NEVER STRUCK THE GUY / EMERY SAID SO HIMSELF TO THE POLICE BEFORE HE DIED
HANK WAS JUST THERE AS HE WAS IN SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR AS HE HAD ARRIVED THE DAY BEFORE FROM BOSTON
I GUESS THAT HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER ENTERED THAT CAR
They were fighting over a girl maybe she should not have made her boy friend Emery jealous by dancing with another guy ; she was in charge of a situation and she should have handled it so that it would not come to that point of anger on the part of Emery who threw beer on the guy who danced with her
iT WAS A CHAIN OF EVENTS NOT A PLANNED MURDER
IT SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE AN AGATHA CHRISTIE NOVEL AND THESE KIDS DID NOT HAVE THIS KIND OF SUBTLETY BY ANY STRECH . THEY WERE FOOLS YES BUT NOT SOPHISTICATED MURDERERS
IT WAS A FIGHT WHICH TURNED TO SOMETHING TERRIBLE
THERE GUILTY

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

----------MURDER----------IS MURDER----------THERES NO ----------EXCUSE----------FOR- KILLING---------SOME-ONE------ ----HOW CAN U JUSTIF TAKIN SOME INACENT MANS LIFE----------MURDER---------I S----------MURDER-----PREMIDIT ATED----------PRISON---------- MANY YRS,
THERE GUILTY

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

KILLERSSSSSSSSSSSSSKILLERRRRRR RRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSKLIIERKILLER- KILLERS----------MURDERS------ ----MOM----------UR JUST AS SICK AS THE KILLES----------KILLERS------- ---
A good parent

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Judged:

There parents are just as guilty as Seth is
For them not to be able to control Seth and let him go around beating on people is a crime
Parents need to be held responsible they should feel the communties wrath.
And Seth and his Posse needs to be beaten a humiliated like all thier victims.
Only then will they get the message
The fact that no one stepped up and confronted them, or hunted them down one by one is why the enjoyed the power over people.
RAIDER FO LIFE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

Judged:

HIS BROTHER MARK CRAVENS WAS AN IDIOT AND A BULLY IN HIGH SCHOOL TOO
dude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

Judged:

They're all a bunch of worthless punks. They are a blight on an otherwise awesome beach during the summer. Bunch of young, drunk morons trying to ruin other people's good times. More of them should be put in jail.
dude

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Judged:

I drove by Windansea yesterday, one of those little retarded miscreants spraypainted the side of the pumphouse with what I guess is their gang name.

The Pumphouse Gang????

Sounds like a bunch of queers to me.
DISGUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Judged:

With a father like William Cravens, who is a convicted liar, thief and cheat,it's no wonder his son Seth, turned out to be a cold blooded murderer. What a senseless and disgusting tragedy!!!
DISGUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Judged:

the only reason the cravens live in upscale la jolla, is because the father william cravens, a convicted criminal, ripped off millions of dollars from relatives, friends, and anybody he could steal money from. this is a classic case of "like father, like son".
shackled with seth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2008

Judged:

i was shackled w/ seth on a bus in june 07 from a court hearing-----I got to go home----he's still in jail---thats some cowardly shit seth pulled and believe me---hes gonna get plenty of chances in jail to be the victim-------enjoy your life seth, behind bars!
ANNE FLORI

Nice, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2008

Judged:

again all the kids are not like Seth
the battle was started by Emery who threw beer at Eric House, he had done it before ; his records show that he had a trigger temper, Eric House was drenched in beer
His girl friend being aware of his temper ( and it has been discussed) read the LA time article by joe Sappell on december 18 TH 2007 Ms grosso should not have spoken to the other guys, mostly Eric House if she knew that it would turn to a confrontation , why did she do that? Emery and we weep for him, he should be alive today is the one who phoned House and dared him to a fight ; Eric house is small and lost a tooth from Emery , it seems that the events leading to the accident are not described fairly
still no excuse
But some of this kids never touched Emery that also should be said : it was more like; emery, eric house and seth craven who gave the blow
forget about Osuna and Hendricks they were not into it, meaning the battle ; i do not know about the third kid
it seems that Emery gave a lot of stiches to a few kids in Florida, Oceanside; he had a record for temper
ANNE FLORI

Nice, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2008

Judged:

i came to la Jolla in 1959 . Lived in La Jolla for thirty years, my kids live there , i am not an outsider to San DIEGO at all
i am part of the community
Dr Mengele

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2008

Judged:

I understand it must be hard for you Anne Flori, being the grandmother of one of the accused. I am sure you discuss this tragedy no less than 15 hours a day...so I am sure you have heard that since your grandson has no priors and was clearly a pillar of society (according to Doug Flutie - the next in line for the Nobel Prize) he is looking at a couple years of summary probation-max. I know it, you know it, Vegetable Lasagna knows it. I know you "weep" for Emery but I am sure you "weep" more the hefty price your family pays for a private criminal defense attorney. Seth has some hard time in his future, I'm thinking Salinas, the beer drenched Eric House will receive at the least formal probation and the most 2 years in Donovan.
ANNE FLORI

Nice, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

Judged:

What a terrible thing to call yourself: you probably were not born but Mangele conducted horrible tests on ; malformed, Gypsies, jewish people as well as anti Nazi people
Ludicrous; a nobel prize for a kind man like Doug Flutie who has a wonderful family , he has much more than that: caracter and heart which is missing from your message
As for myself i spend time with the poor the diseabled and weighed fourty lbs at the end of ww two ; of course you think of dollars and dimes what else? it shows one's caracter; there would be less wars if people were truly kind and less evil and cynical : I hold no grudge to you , hope that you find peace? ALL THE BEST
ANNE MARIE

Nice, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

Judged:

I am American and moved to La Jolla in 1959? YOU SHOULD JOIN THE COMMUNITY
ANNE FLORI

Nice, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

i have lived in Europe for four years now ans all i really know is what i read in the papers

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••