Woman shoots husband, calls 911

Woman shoots husband, calls 911

There are 67 comments on the WREG story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Woman shoots husband, calls 911. In it, WREG reports that:

Cayce, MS - FAST FACTS: Marshall County, MS woman says she shot husband dead Investigators found 53-year-old Harvey Gipson Junior in the master bedroom, shot multiple times Woman refused to answer questions A Marshall County woman calls 911 and admits killing her husband, but refuses to explain herself to investigators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tom

Southaven, MS

#1 Jul 12, 2010
Bush or Obama had something to do with this.
tired of stupid people

Memphis, TN

#2 Jul 12, 2010
Who the f**K cares!!!!!!!!!!
Seville

Cordova, TN

#3 Jul 12, 2010
where are all the racist comments about animals, monkeys & jungles from you angry white men??? I'm stumped!!!
Cain

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 12, 2010
leslie ballin<sp> to the rescue!!!
None of your business

Memphis, TN

#6 Jul 12, 2010
Wow, ONLY four comments. Memfrica where are you???
Johnny

Jackson, TN

#7 Jul 12, 2010
Seville wrote:
where are all the racist comments about animals,**** & jungles from you angry white men??? I'm stumped!!!
A person usually thinks they have a good reason to do this.

I heard about one woman that was abused so bad by her alcoholic husband, that she waited until he was passed out drunk in bed, and rolled him up in a sheet with his hands at his sides, and beat the **** out of him with a frying pan.

I'm not going to judge people like this, they are either insane, or they are in fear of their lives.

Either way, she was willing to give up what's left of her life.
Seville

Cordova, TN

#8 Jul 12, 2010
I know right, it just goes to show who the hate mongers and who are still the real racists in our beloved society. They won't discuss what happens when its something negative concerning someone who is not of color. They are all hypocrites, race baiters, and prejudiced... God bless you all!!!
Baffled

United States

#9 Jul 12, 2010
Seville wrote:
where are all the racist comments about animals,**** & jungles from you angry white men??? I'm stumped!!!
Well, if it happened EVERY day that a 50-something white woman shot her husband, there would be plenty of negative comments. The fact is that it doesn't happen! Genocide is not high on the list of activities for middle aged people (of any race). However, for young black men, we hear a story nearly EVERY day of one being shot and/or killed. Just yesterday a 17-year old male was shot in a drive-by. Unfortunately, a lot more will have their lives taken away by some twisted sense of power and community (gangs). This starts at home!

If people would stop living their lives like a stereotype, change might creep in. I was at a gas station in Southaven yesterday and within the 5 minutes it took to fill up, two cars came through with the music "thumpin'" at 120 dB. Hats tipped sideways. Man-dresses for shirts and "shorts" (if you can call them that) hanging off their azzes at a length that came down to their ankles. No surprise that they were Shelby county tags. Guess what color they were? STOP living a stereotype!!!
ILEFTMEMPHIS

Derry, NH

#10 Jul 12, 2010
Seville wrote:
I know right, it just goes to show who the hate mongers and who are still the real racists in our beloved society. They won't discuss what happens when its something negative concerning someone who is not of color. They are all hypocrites, race baiters, and prejudiced... God bless you all!!!
As a white male, I have to admit, you raise a valid point.
Johnny

Jackson, TN

#11 Jul 12, 2010
"She talked briefly to us, she advised us she wanted to speak to a lawyer," said Investigator Kelly McMillen with the Marshall County Sheriff's Department.
In other words, McMillen suggested she seemed to taunt officers by refusing to explain a crime she'd clearly admitted to."
So when the cops tell you, you have a right to remain silent, and you do remain silent, they say you are taunting them?
docb

Burlingame, CA

#12 Jul 12, 2010
Seville wrote:
Don't be stumped. We still think you're savage animals!!
docb

Burlingame, CA

#13 Jul 12, 2010
ILEFTMEMPHIS wrote:
<quoted text> As a white male, I have to admit, you raise a valid point.
As a white male I think you're an idiot. What was the valid point?
bettina

United States

#14 Jul 12, 2010
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. May his soul rest in peace and let's pray for her.
Big White Boss

Humboldt, TN

#15 Jul 12, 2010
Cause he didn't train his Bitch right. Now he is dead. Any lessons learned, men ?
Polaroid

Memphis, TN

#17 Jul 12, 2010
Tom wrote:
Bush or Obama had something to do with this.
YES< YES< They did it and they sucked out my brain......AAAAAGH
Polaroid

Memphis, TN

#18 Jul 12, 2010
Seville wrote:
All you have to do is read the news paper, or have someone read it to you if you don't know how. You will see the disparity in the number of murders by race. It is a fact that blacks kill other blacks higher than any other ethnic group here in Memphis. So DISPUTE THAT. So now a white woman blows away her husband amd you want to start the race thing.

That is called trolling, shooting your husband is called murder, stating facts is called realism, one black male killing another black male is called murder. What is the difference in murder? Only the statistics by volume per 100,000 of black on black crime and white on white crimeshow the reality of who is killing who.

You are the racist.
Seville

Memphis, TN

#20 Jul 12, 2010
Where's the equal opportunity hate? Polaroid you are a foolish man, screw you statistics. Your silly mathmatics does not apply to me. I refuse to let cowards like you place a number in front of my destiny, thats child's play please grow up!! There's a box that you fit into perfectly & all that hatred & disdain you have for those who do not look like you will surely consume & devour your soul. You are spineless & you are a coward. And docb who cares what you think, since when do the opinions of the uneducated, belligerent mean anything to anybody?
Seville

Memphis, TN

#21 Jul 12, 2010
Baffled wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if it happened EVERY day that a 50-something white woman shot her husband, there would be plenty of negative comments. The fact is that it doesn't happen! Genocide is not high on the list of activities for middle aged people (of any race). However, for young black men, we hear a story nearly EVERY day of one being shot and/or killed. Just yesterday a 17-year old male was shot in a drive-by. Unfortunately, a lot more will have their lives taken away by some twisted sense of power and community (gangs). This starts at home!
If people would stop living their lives like a stereotype, change might creep in. I was at a gas station in Southaven yesterday and within the 5 minutes it took to fill up, two cars came through with the music "thumpin'" at 120 dB. Hats tipped sideways. Man-dresses for shirts and "shorts" (if you can call them that) hanging off their **** at a length that came down to their ankles. No surprise that they were Shelby county tags. Guess what color they were? STOP living a stereotype!!!
At the end of the day you're not the Judge who sits on high & looks down low. Who are you to tell people how to live their lives, how to dress, and how to listen to their music. You were a kid once (many many many moons ago) You are pretty much preaching to the choir, I am an adult not a child. I accept full responsibility for my existence and all that it encompasses. I am a man, I am a human being, I was created in God's image & there is nothing that you haters can say or do to take that away from me. I pray that you don't die a violent horrid death at the hands of some lost, misguided youth. You will reap what you sow (so just know that it could happen to you too) I will continue to instill the ideals that were bestowed upon me in not so subtle ways to the youngsters that I come across regardless of how they wear their clothes or what their enthnicities may be
David Duke

Memphis, TN

#22 Jul 12, 2010
ohh Lord she dun wint on an kilt June Yor.. What you reckin we gone do bout that Jeffro?
shugsryan

Atoka, TN

#23 Jul 12, 2010
My thoughts and prayers are with the Gipson family. May you find peace and understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charleston church shooting coverage criticized ... 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 443
News 1 dead, 14 wounded in Monday shootings across C... 10 hr Right Wing 3
News Leominster man pleads not guilty in Fitchburg m... 12 hr Ha ha 1
News Mental evaluation ordered for suspect in Weakle... (Feb '13) Mon sammy 9
News Riverside Murder Suspect Turns Himself In (Dec '07) Mon MIRA LOMA RIVA 12
News Teen recounts horror of sex slavery (Oct '08) Mon Yikes 25
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... Mon jobo 1
More from around the web