Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers

Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers

There are 102 comments on the SFGate story from Dec 18, 2012, titled Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers. In it, SFGate reports that:

Andrea Clark holds son Tyler, 1, as they visit his grandfather Bill Morgan's Guns, Fishing and Other Stuff store in Vacaville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Besara

Omaha, NE

#81 Jan 4, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly what Imam Barack HUSSEIN Obama would have us believe. Believe me, it's more like 70-85% according to Fox News.
I don't care what Obama or Fox News says. They're both wrong.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#82 Jan 4, 2013
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s an assault weapon look like?What’s an assault weapon look like?
You tell me.
random observer

Aberdeen, WA

#83 Jan 4, 2013
I believe teachers who have permits and are comfortable with the idea should be allowed to. Giving all teachers guns with their notebooks is not a good idea. No one who is not perfecty comfortable with a firearm should be forced to carry one. That is how mishaps occur.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#84 Jan 4, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Fox "News"? It is to laugh!
Now, now, some of these goons believe everything they hear on fux!

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#85 Jan 4, 2013
Or MSNBC
random observer

Aberdeen, WA

#86 Jan 4, 2013
Researcher wrote:
All too often people why buy guns for their own protection wind up being shot by their own guns, as happened in Connecticut to the mother of the school shooter.
Law enforcement officials have told us that over and over and over.
The Connecticut shooting is yet another example that law enforcement officials know more about this subject than most civilians know, which is why law enforcement officials should be the ones with the guns in public places.
I've been asking for days if anybody has any EVIDENCE from a credible source of any armed civilian EVER, anywhere, preventing, stopping or even having any effect on a mass shooting.
So far, nobody has been able to find such evidence from any credible source.(Wishful thinking or word of mouth from a gun club blog is not a credible source.)
I will ask you to go to youtube. There are several news bits of such cases. Local news stations are way more honest the any political jargen from our leaders.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#87 Jan 4, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Now, now, some of these goons believe everything they hear on fux!
Agreed. And the loons that spew what they hear on MSNBC are certifiable.
random observer

Aberdeen, WA

#88 Jan 4, 2013
Here is the start wrote:
I would like to see the owners of these guns that are stolen and used to commit murder be held just as responsible as an accomplice.
If not for their lack of responsibility their fire arms would not of been stolen and used for murder or any crime.
What about cars, when somebody steals your car it should be your fault if that somebody hits and kill somebody else, right. Or how about your perception pills. They get stolen someone else got high you should go to rehab. Sounds nuts when its not about a firearm. Firearms do carry a stigma but they are just objects. Which don't carry nearly the body count of cars or perception drugs.

Since: Aug 10

South San Francisco, CA

#89 Jan 4, 2013
random observer wrote:
<quoted text> What about cars, when somebody steals your car it should be your fault if that somebody hits and kill somebody else, right. Or how about your perception pills. They get stolen someone else got high you should go to rehab. Sounds nuts when its not about a firearm. Firearms do carry a stigma but they are just objects. Which don't carry nearly the body count of cars or perception drugs.
I asked the same thing weeks ago and big surprise, no response.

Newnan, GA

#90 Jan 4, 2013
random observer wrote:
<quoted text> What about cars, when somebody steals your car it should be your fault if that somebody hits and kill somebody else, right. Or how about your perception pills. They get stolen someone else got high you should go to rehab. Sounds nuts when its not about a firearm. Firearms do carry a stigma but they are just objects. Which don't carry nearly the body count of cars or perception drugs.
Exactly!!!!!

Newnan, GA

#91 Jan 4, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked the same thing weeks ago and big surprise, no response.
They don't have an answer because that would require them to be able to reason...like the jury at the OJ Simpson trial. They were told to find him innocent if they had any reasonable doubt,the problem was no one on that jury was capable of reasoning.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#92 Jan 4, 2013
Untill someone steals a gun with the gun owners hand attached I am going to blame the criminal.
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#93 Jan 4, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>They don't have an answer because that would require them to be able to reason...like the jury at the OJ Simpson trial. They were told to find him innocent if they had any reasonable doubt,the problem was no one on that jury was capable of reasoning.
“...the problem was no one on that jury was capable of reasoning.”

Agreed. And that shows that he got a jury of his “peers.”
random observer

Aberdeen, WA

#94 Jan 5, 2013
CarolO wrote:
Columbine, Red Lake Indian Reservation and Virginia Tech have proven armed guards do not work. There was an armed civilian when Gabby Gifford was shot that almost shot the wrong person.
What about movie theaters, shopping malls, football games, churches or walking down the sidewalk? The NRA is simply another lobbyists allowed to run our political system just as Big Banks, Big Oil, Wall Street, Grover Norquist and drug manufacturers do.
Our unions are being broken because they charge their members dues. So why aren’t the Governors of our States breaking the NRA who also collects dues? Supporting a self-serving lobbyists is fine but not the working man?
If the NRA wants to hug the Second Amendment, then I say let’s go back to the muzzle loaders for why this Amendment was written. What are next? Drones, missiles and rocket launders under the guise of our Second Amendment?
If armed guards weren't at those places the death toll would have been much worse.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#95 Jan 5, 2013
Since when did a male teacher need a gun to kill his first graders ?

A young male, armed with a sword or machete can slice twenty small throats in a few minutes. A few more minutes and they bleed-out and die.

YOU are so stupid !

A large male can quietly decapitate twenty small throats in only a few minutes too.

The whole thing is facilitated by the gun-free law for schools and by the lockdown feature instituted by stupid pigs. All the tiny targets are forced to stay inside the school so the killer can have enough targets. The school gun law ensures the swordsman the adults are unarmed and defenseless. This is how it's been done in China and Japan.

Are you a con-artist ? Are YOU posting from North Korea ? The nut house ?
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<>I'm not an expert at killing first-graders. Peddle your prattle elsewhere.
You're not expert at anything, including protecting 1st graders.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#96 Jan 5, 2013
NO such thing as an assault weapon.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#97 Jan 5, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me.

Since: Aug 10

Vacaville, CA

#98 Jan 6, 2013
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think that all guns are asssult weapons, For that matter, a rock could be an assult weapon if it were used to knock someone in the head.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#99 Jan 6, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I think that all guns are asssult weapons, For that matter, a rock could be an assult weapon if it were used to knock someone in the head.
Are your sheep assault weapons?
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#100 Jan 6, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think that all guns are asssult weapons, For that matter, a rock could be an assult weapon if it were used to knock someone in the head.
Wrong, define an assault weapon (Rifle or (Gun) for us.
The rock was used in the assault.
The gun was used in the assault.
The pen was used in the assault.

At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. An assault is carried out by a ...

BTW arm someone or anyone at all Gun Free Zones and these whacks wanting their 15 minutes of fame will think twice. It would have been better if the adults at S.H.E.S. had a fighting chance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Valley View: Allentown's violent year 1 hr weapon X 1
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... (Apr '17) 3 hr Buck Naked 8
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... 5 hr Enter Username 12
News Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) 6 hr CousinOfSteven 130
News Police Investigate Fatal Shooting (Mar '07) 9 hr LailaWilson_stoney 23
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) 18 hr Jules2000 67
News Wecht talks about some of his most famous cases Mon Buck Naked 2
More from around the web