Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers

Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers

There are 102 comments on the SFGate story from Dec 18, 2012, titled Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers. In it, SFGate reports that:

Andrea Clark holds son Tyler, 1, as they visit his grandfather Bill Morgan's Guns, Fishing and Other Stuff store in Vacaville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Charlie-Ar

Fayetteville, AR

#41 Dec 24, 2012
Researcher wrote:
All too often people why buy guns for their own protection wind up being shot by their own guns, as happened in Connecticut to the mother of the school shooter.
Law enforcement officials have told us that over and over and over.
The Connecticut shooting is yet another example that law enforcement officials know more about this subject than most civilians know, which is why law enforcement officials should be the ones with the guns in public places.
I've been asking for days if anybody has any EVIDENCE from a credible source of any armed civilian EVER, anywhere, preventing, stopping or even having any effect on a mass shooting.
So far, nobody has been able to find such evidence from any credible source.(Wishful thinking or word of mouth from a gun club blog is not a credible source.)
Off-duty cop shoots gunman, prevents mass shooting at theater ...
If not for an off-duty sheriff’s deputy in San Antonio, Texas, America would be mourning its second mass shooting in as many days, police said Monday, Dec. 17 ...
www.examiner.com/article/off-duty-cop-shoots-... ...- Cached
More results from examiner.com »

“Grrrrr”

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#42 Dec 24, 2012
Charlie-Ar wrote:
<quoted text>Off-duty cop shoots gunman, prevents mass shooting at theater ...
If not for an off-duty sheriff’s deputy in San Antonio, Texas, America would be mourning its second mass shooting in as many days, police said Monday, Dec. 17 ...
www.examiner.com/article/off-duty-cop-shoots-... ...- Cached
More results from examiner.com »
Hi Bob! You're still among the living? lol...
I'm reposting this for you because your links didn't go to the story!
http://www.examiner.com/article/off-duty-cop-...
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#43 Dec 24, 2012
Amazing. Barbi AH is still breathing. Promised to leave topix, yet here she is. Run along to your other forums to spread your swill now.

“Grrrrr”

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#44 Dec 24, 2012
Antwan wrote:
Amazing. Barbi AH is still breathing. Promised to leave topix, yet here she is. Run along to your other forums to spread your swill now.
When did I promise to leave Topix? Oh, and you're off topic.
Go get in your car and get pulled over for driving while black.
Charlie-Ar

Fayetteville, AR

#45 Dec 24, 2012
Thanks Barb and Merry Christmas to you and family.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#46 Dec 24, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>When did I promise to leave Topix? Oh, and you're off topic.
Go get in your car and get pulled over for driving while black.
Can't remember? How convenient for you! Off chemo this week?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#47 Dec 24, 2012
Researcher wrote:
I've been asking for days if anybody has any EVIDENCE from a credible source of any armed civilian EVER, anywhere, preventing, stopping or even having any effect on a mass shooting.
So far, nobody has been able to find such evidence from any credible source.(Wishful thinking or word of mouth from a gun club blog is not a credible source.)
- Calakamas Mall, Portland, OR, this month: Concealed-carry-holder
Nick Meli hadn’t noticed that the mall was a gun-free zone. He
confronted and pointed his (otherwise legal) gun at the shooter
as he paused to reload, and the next shot was the attempted mass
murderer killing himself.(Meli aimed, but didn’t shoot, because
there were bystanders behind the shooter.) Total dead: Two

– Mayan Palace Theater, San Antonio, Texas, this week: Jesus Manuel Garcia shoots at a movie theater, a police car and bystanders from the nearby China Garden restaurant; as he enters the movie theater, guns blazing, an armed off-duty cop shoots Garcia four times, stopping the attack. Total dead: Zero.

– Winnemucca, Nev., 2008: Ernesto Villagomez opens fire in a crowded restaurant; concealed-carry permit-holder shoots him dead. Total dead: Two.(I’m excluding the shooters’ deaths in these examples.)

– Appalachian School of Law, 2002: Crazed immigrant shoots the dean and a professor, then begins shooting students; as he goes for more ammunition, two armed students point their guns at him, allowing a third to tackle him. Total dead: Three.

– Santee, Calif., 2001: Student begins shooting his classmates —
as well as the “trained campus supervisor”; an off-duty cop who
happened to be bringing his daughter to school that day points his
gun at the shooter, holding him until more police arrive. Total
dead: Two.

– Pearl High School, Mississippi, 1997: After shooting several
people at his high school, student heads for the junior high school; assistant principal Joel Myrick retrieves a .45 pistol from his car and points it at the gunman’s head, ending the murder spree. Total dead: Two.

– Edinboro, Pa., 1998: A student shoots up a junior high school
dance being held at a restaurant; restaurant owner pulls out his
shotgun and stops the gunman. Total dead: One.

By contrast, the shootings in gun-free zones invariably result in
far higher casualty figures — Sikh temple, Oak Creek, Wis.(six dead); Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va.(32 dead); Columbine High School, Columbine, Colo.(12 dead); Amish school, Lancaster County, Pa.(five little girls killed); public school, Craighead County, Ark.(five killed, including four little girls).

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#48 Dec 24, 2012
God wrote:
"And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."
- Isaiah 2:4 (KJV)
Them that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that didn't.
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#49 Dec 24, 2012
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>Them that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that didn't.
Many VV police & Solano Co. deputies (male and female) have told me they love the way that my sword plows.
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#50 Dec 24, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>
I support the right to arm bears.
emergency

Rochester, MN

#51 Dec 24, 2012
Adam Lambert wrote:
<quoted text>
I support the right to arm bears.
Me also But
those in power like this Obama are corrupt hypocrites who have no qualms about the authoritarian use of deadly force when it serves their needs. They just don’t believe you, the individual, should ever have that option.
Heywood Jablomi

Fairfield, CA

#52 Dec 25, 2012
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Can't remember? How convenient for you! Off chemo this week?
I gave Korra the red-hot radioisotope! Ask her if she remembers. LOL! I know she'll lie to you!
Long Tall Sally

Clarksburg, CA

#53 Dec 30, 2012
In Utah, teachers are moving forward with arming themselves in the classroom. I'm for it. The crazies who enter schools and movie theaters may not see those places as defenseless if we have armed employees there who WILL use their weapons to defend the innocent.

Since: Aug 10

Fairfield, CA

#54 Jan 3, 2013
CarolO wrote:
Columbine, Red Lake Indian Reservation and Virginia Tech have proven armed guards do not work. There was an armed civilian when Gabby Gifford was shot that almost shot the wrong person.
What about movie theaters, shopping malls, football games, churches or walking down the sidewalk? The NRA is simply another lobbyists allowed to run our political system just as Big Banks, Big Oil, Wall Street, Grover Norquist and drug manufacturers do.
Our unions are being broken because they charge their members dues. So why aren’t the Governors of our States breaking the NRA who also collects dues? Supporting a self-serving lobbyists is fine but not the working man?
If the NRA wants to hug the Second Amendment, then I say let’s go back to the muzzle loaders for why this Amendment was written. What are next? Drones, missiles and rocket launders under the guise of our Second Amendment?
Bi g difference between forced union dues and voluntary membership in the NRA. No one is subject to a forced payroll deduction to fund the NRA.

Since: Aug 10

Fairfield, CA

#55 Jan 3, 2013
Antwan wrote:
So what happens when your sheep get out on the road and cause an accident?
Again idiot, I don't have any sheep. Except of course the one in the freezer, and if she can put herself back together, climb out of the freezer and head out to the road,(remember, that's over a half mile), I will take full responsibility.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#56 Jan 3, 2013
How about this... Hire retired cops as substitutes? That way there would be no specific pattern where they are day to day for a gunman to study. Most retire in their early 50's and look for other work. Many have college degrees and are experienced trainers and teachers already. And... Are trained for defusing or ending confrontations and can legally carry firearms in their retirement.

Certainly better than Pelosi's grand idea of putting the National Guard in all our schools; or is it...

This is all.... just A THOUGHT!

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#57 Jan 3, 2013
Here is the start wrote:
I would like to see the owners of these guns that are stolen and used to commit murder be held just as responsible as an accomplice.
If not for their lack of responsibility their fire arms would not of been stolen and used for murder or any crime.
The lets do the same thing with cars,baseball bats golf clubs hammers,screwdrivers,gasoline or anything else that can be stolen from someone and used to kill another. If your car was stolen and used in a drive by shooting do you think you should spend the rest of your life in jail? Keeping that car from being stolen is your responsibility

Newnan, GA

#58 Jan 3, 2013
Long Tall Sally wrote:
In Utah, teachers are moving forward with arming themselves in the classroom. I'm for it. The crazies who enter schools and movie theaters may not see those places as defenseless if we have armed employees there who WILL use their weapons to defend the innocent.
I agree....I think we should try an experiment with the anti gun crowd,including teachers. I don't understand their objections. Police are usually at schools to make sure that the speed limits in school zones are enforced to protect kids OUTSIDE the schools. Why would they object to someone trained and armed inside the schools. Since 9/11 we now have armed air marshals and pilots on some flights. Lets give the traveling public a choice...make the airlines create a system where you can do one of two things. The choice would be 1) there is a 75% chance that a certain flight will have an Air Marshal or armed pilot on board or 2) that their is a 75% chance the flight WILL NOT. Those opposed to guns can choose the one that will not. Those who favor guns can also choose. I wonder which flights will sell out first. We can do the same with schools. Divide the district in half and give the parents and teachers a choice. Some schools will be identified as having a 75% chance that someone in the school will be trained and armed while other schools will be identified as having a 75% chance NO ONE will be armed. Any parent or teacher who does not want the possibility of a gun being at school can transfer or send their children to that school.Parents and teachers who would prefer the possibility of having an armed teacher or administrator can transfer or send their children to that school. Wich one would fill up first?
Grannies with Fannies

Oakland, CA

#59 Jan 3, 2013
Georgia - the most IGNORANT state in the Union.

Newnan, GA

#60 Jan 3, 2013
Grannies with Fannies as big as Alcatraz wrote:
Georgia - the most IGNORANT state in the Union.
california....the brokest state in the union.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City Man Arrested In 2006 Slaying Of Woman (Nov '07) 55 min Sarap 51
News Last suspect in Mound Bayou shooting jailed (May '07) 4 hr lol 15
News Final man sentenced in Owensboro, Ky., robbery ... (Aug '11) 4 hr Bud 22
News Shooting probe turns to distance (Mar '09) 9 hr Its me 26
News Police seek murder suspect (Oct '07) 17 hr Anonymous 46
News Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) Mon Random concerned ... 72
News Augusta Woman No Longer Faces Animal Cruelty Ch... (May '12) Mon Buk 7
More from around the web