Woman's slaying baffles her family | ...

Woman's slaying baffles her family | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 86 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 27, 2011, titled Woman's slaying baffles her family | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Vanessa R. Richardson "was a good kid that got a bad break," a family member said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Brent

Columbus, OH

#1 May 27, 2011
R.I.P.

Let this be a learning lesson for you thugs out there (White and Black) Think before you pull that trigger!! Karma will come to collect, You will get your payback in prison and the day you stand before god. Shame on you, and shame on the rest of you gang banging thugs..STOP RUINING OUR CITY!!

No wonder why all of our young people are bolting out of Ohio. You can put me on that list, We're out of here in july...FINALLY and THANK GOD!!
Reynoldsburg Ohio 43068

Blacklick, OH

#3 May 27, 2011
Brent wrote:
R.I.P.
Let this be a learning lesson for you thugs out there (White and Black) Think before you pull that trigger!! Karma will come to collect, You will get your payback in prison and the day you stand before god. Shame on you, and shame on the rest of you gang banging thugs..STOP RUINING OUR CITY!!
No wonder why all of our young people are bolting out of Ohio. You can put me on that list, We're out of here in july...FINALLY and THANK GOD!!
OMG, shut up! You are such an embarrassment. You sound like someone's grandma.
Antagonist

Newark, OH

#4 May 27, 2011
Brent wrote:
R.I.P.
And go where?
Spend a little time researching newspapers in other states. You will find you are running directly to the things you are trying to escape.
It's everywhere.
Brent

Columbus, OH

#5 May 27, 2011
Someones Grandma? I am a 24 year old college grad so trust me when I say We have done our research. It is not EVERYWHERE, Sounds like your a little delusional and need to do YOUR research. I guess someone wanting to better their family's life is "Clueless" Listen here you schmuck, walk in my shoes and you will agree. Let me ask you something, What have you done to help? I dedicated 2 years of my life trying to help clean the streets. I drove my beat up car around these ghettos offering food, shelter and basic living needs. I go out every weekend and pick a block I want to help clean up BY MYSELF. Are you out there with me raking yards and picking up trash and empty bullet shells? Nope.

I'll talk to you when I get home from work, Until then keep finding ways to try and cover up our problems.
Hank G

Columbus, OH

#6 May 27, 2011
Brent wrote:
R.I.P.
When will you people realize that the problem is not specific to Columbus or Ohio. Try Detroit or Memphis or St. Louis and you'll find cities a lot worse off than Columbus. Stop complaining and make the best of the great city that you live in or just shut up and leave!
common sense

Columbus, OH

#7 May 27, 2011
I am speechless.
Columbus seems to attract bad people.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 May 27, 2011
Reynoldsburg Ohio 43068 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, shut up! You are such an embarrassment. You sound like someone's grandma.
Brent is right and from the looks of your comment??? You are the reason I am moving from Reynoldsburg. Reynoldsburg has been ruined by section 8 and the scum it brought with it.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9 May 27, 2011
Hank G wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you people realize that the problem is not specific to Columbus or Ohio. Try Detroit or Memphis or St. Louis and you'll find cities a lot worse off than Columbus. Stop complaining and make the best of the great city that you live in or just shut up and leave!
Ha Ha, leaving. Bye Hillbillies and Thugs.That is all Central Ohio is.
House For Sale_Cheap

Columbus, OH

#10 May 27, 2011
Brent wrote:
Someones Grandma? I am a 24 year old college grad so trust me when I say We have done our research. It is not EVERYWHERE, Sounds like your a little delusional and need to do YOUR research. I guess someone wanting to better their family's life is "Clueless" Listen here you schmuck, walk in my shoes and you will agree. Let me ask you something, What have you done to help? I dedicated 2 years of my life trying to help clean the streets. I drove my beat up car around these ghettos offering food, shelter and basic living needs. I go out every weekend and pick a block I want to help clean up BY MYSELF. Are you out there with me raking yards and picking up trash and empty bullet shells? Nope.
I'll talk to you when I get home from work, Until then keep finding ways to try and cover up our problems.
Best Wishes. I was born and bred here, and I'm back but not for long. People who have never lived anywhere else don't know how opressive and judgemental the government and society in general here is. Everything is black and white, or so they think. If you don't fit their concept of 'good' then you must be 'bad.'

Good luck.
So Sad

Columbus, OH

#12 May 27, 2011
I hope the police find the person or persons responsible for taking this young woman's life. My heart goes out to her family.
Retired Deputy

Chillicothe, OH

#14 May 27, 2011
Funny how the family of ebery young black person shot and killed in the drug infested crime ridden parts of the city are "baffled" Seems like "Baffled" is the new word of the day by the media to help ignore the true issue of black upon black crime in the streets.
Young black males find it too damn easy to pick up a gun and kill another young black person. The black community is the place where the problem exists and where the solutions lie.
Tim

United States

#15 May 27, 2011
Don't worry folks Coleman promised to fight crime once he is reelected in Nov.. He said he would take guns off the street.
MrsSmith

Mansfield, OH

#16 May 27, 2011
Retired Deputy wrote:
Funny how the family of ebery young black person shot and killed in the drug infested crime ridden parts of the city are "baffled" Seems like "Baffled" is the new word of the day by the media to help ignore the true issue of black upon black crime in the streets.
Young black males find it too damn easy to pick up a gun and kill another young black person. The black community is the place where the problem exists and where the solutions lie.
Interesting comment. Family and friends seem to have an idea who did this. I also am wondering about the young man who passed by and seemed to know who was involved in shooting this young woman, and when her friends approached him, he walked away. I hope those who have suspicions of who did this are talking to the police and not covering for whoever may have done this.
Sharon Columbus

Columbus, OH

#17 May 27, 2011
Brent wrote:
I tip my "hat" off to you this morning! Your actions are the level of attitude and a can do approach which is making you have a better life.

Don't lower yourself to uneducated, whining snot nose immature young adults who don't have a clue. It is easier for them to be disrespectful, chippy to all including their peers and than actually make a difference for anyone.

Have a wonderful, productive and happy life.
Wowza

Zanesville, OH

#19 May 27, 2011
Brent wrote:
I salute you.
Shark

Dublin, OH

#20 May 27, 2011
"They said she was planning to finish the work required to get her high-school equivalency certificate."

Every.Damn.Time.
The Real Private Citizen

Columbus, OH

#22 May 27, 2011
Retired Deputy wrote:
The solutions lie with all of us.
For the last 40 years since the murder of Dr. King...there has been a sizeable segment of American White society that has been resentful and angry for the gains in civil rights that Black Americans marched for.
For the last 30 years... the Republican Spirit of things was actively worked to diminish or reverse those gains; especially in the employment arena!
A large number of young Blacks (especially men)have not only had to deal with eroding employment opportunities(as many Americans)...but a workplace whose change has been elusive in scope.
Though many gains and achievement were made: ten years is not near enough time for a downtrodden society to economically ramp up to the rest of the country!
Couple that, with a sustained racial bias toward them,the mysterious introduction of 'Crack' in the inner cities, along with a host of other factors...many young Blacks are simply disenfranchised from main stream society, being no different than the Whiteman in the old Wild West, or like the gangsters in Old Chicago.

Tragically the killer/gangster mentality has become ingrained in a number of Black youth.
They see that the Whiteman ain't gonna give em' nuthing'.
Gotta get it someway. Gotta survive somehow!
And the attitude and antics a number of whites display toward the President... only serves to reinforce their perdceptions and beliefs.

Yes, it's the Whiteman's fault.
Again.

The Real Private Citizen

Columbus, OH

#23 May 27, 2011
...perceptions...
Simply Amazed

Chillicothe, OH

#24 May 27, 2011
You are to be commended and I wish you well as you begin your life's journey. It is sad that many, not all, people that live in these ghettos simply do not want a better life. They are born into poverty and then choose to continue this way of life. There are so many opportunities for the underprivileged - welfare, Section 8, assistance with utilities, food stamps, Pell grants, day care, etc. Our government has made it too easy for people.

Take advantage of education opportunities, get out of the ghetto, stand up for what you believe and don't allow gangsters to take over your communities. I have no sympathy for anyone that chooses the easy way over the hard way.
Brent wrote:
Robin

Columbus, OH

#25 May 27, 2011
i hope they catch that person real soon. she was a good girl she did't bother nobody.my prayers and thoughts go out to the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor 'deeply disturbed' over incident between ... 49 min wtf 1
News Corbin Woman Charged With Rape 9 hr Yep 2
News Chicago homicides soar, with seven fatalities W... 18 hr Walter Samone 5
News Toone murder case set for grand jury 18 hr yoyo 1
News Man arrested in shooting outside Northeast Ela 22 hr The Law 6
News Mayor a deeply disturbeda over incident between... 23 hr disturbed 1
News Malone man facing six felonies in alleged drive... Thu Its a shame 5
More from around the web