Palmerton Couple Sentenced in Child's...

Palmerton Couple Sentenced in Child's Death

There are 20 comments on the PAHomepage.com story from Aug 30, 2012, titled Palmerton Couple Sentenced in Child's Death. In it, PAHomepage.com reports that:

Carbon County-Kimberly Ann and Jacob Taschler from Palmerton admitted they didn't feed their 11-month old daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PAHomepage.com.

Charles Darwin was RIGHT

Wellsboro, PA

#1 Aug 30, 2012
Inferior creatures tend not to have the "maternal" or the "paternal" instinct to rear young. They do, however, possess the ability to get high off of anything under a kitchen sink.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 30, 2012
11 month to 24 months. Seriously? They killed an innocent child and this is justice. I think not.
know the facts

Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Aug 30, 2012
RLBK wrote:
11 month to 24 months. Seriously? They killed an innocent child and this is justice. I think not.
According to the pleas, THEY did not cause her death only her mother did. The 11-24 was for the father for only endangering her. Mom got the harsher sentence for causing her death. As I am being told sentencing laws prevented the judge from giving her more.

Location hidden

#4 Aug 31, 2012
know the facts wrote:
<quoted text>According to the pleas, THEY did not cause her death only her mother did. The 11-24 was for the father for only endangering her. Mom got the harsher sentence for causing her death. As I am being told sentencing laws prevented the judge from giving her more.
They both reside under the same roof? They are both responsible.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 31, 2012
know the facts wrote:
<quoted text>According to the pleas, THEY did not cause her death only her mother did. The 11-24 was for the father for only endangering her. Mom got the harsher sentence for causing her death. As I am being told sentencing laws prevented the judge from giving her more.
According to the article THEY BOTH ADMITTED NOT FEEDING THEIR CHILD. So before correcting me please double check yourself. Thank you.
know the facts

Stroudsburg, PA

#6 Aug 31, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>According to the article THEY BOTH ADMITTED NOT FEEDING THEIR CHILD. So before correcting me please double check yourself. Thank you.
According to the article SHE also pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter a more serious charge. That is why he sentence was less than hers. So before correcting ME not only do you need to read the WHOLE article but you need to know the facts and something about the system. Oh wait, aren't you that crazy biotch who had a problem with the system and claims this big lawsuit against the county. Yep, that's you. That explains everything. By the way, when did you file that lawsuit?? I must have missed your gloating!!!!

Location hidden

#7 Aug 31, 2012
know the facts wrote:
<quoted text>According to the article SHE also pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter a more serious charge. That is why he sentence was less than hers. So before correcting ME not only do you need to read the WHOLE article but you need to know the facts and something about the system. Oh wait, aren't you that crazy biotch who had a problem with the system and claims this big lawsuit against the county. Yep, that's you. That explains everything. By the way, when did you file that lawsuit?? I must have missed your gloating!!!!
I read the article first off and no need for name calling. I was just making a comment about that is not justice for that crime. Second off I am no longer discussing my personal matters here anymore. Create a real account on here stop hiding and fishing for information
redneck bob

Wellsboro, PA

#8 Aug 31, 2012
How about that, they were white folk.
sick and tired

Lehighton, PA

#9 Aug 31, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article first off and no need for name calling. I was just making a comment about that is not justice for that crime. Second off I am no longer discussing my personal matters here anymore. Create a real account on here stop hiding and fishing for information
I am truly getting sick and tied of you posting on various blogs PRETENDING to know EVERYTHING. You claim you worked for the county of Carbon and claim to know it all. We have yet to see even a hint concerning this big lawsuit. When you were questioned, you stated the DA's office was holding everything up. Well, let me tell you something, sweetheart, if what you are claiming is true, I would be screaming at the top of my lungs to everyone and anyone who would listen. I would be in contact with every aspect of the media I could. I would every possible elected official putting pressure on the DA's office. I would stop at nothing, until the case started moving forward and there was some sort of resolve. Now, if you know as much as you claim, then you SHOULD know that a judge's hands are somewhat tied. Do you think they can just pull sentencing out of thin air ? Since you claim to know it all, you DO KNOW THAT THE SENTENCING GUIDELINES ARE SET FORTH BY THE LEGISLATURE OF PA, right ?

Now, to the case at hand. I read and RE-READ the Times News article and obviously my edition of the Times News was different than yours. The husband was gone due to his double working. He inquired about the child and trusted his wife. WRONG on his part. Agreed. Should he have been more diligent in checking on the child. ABSOLUTELY. But is was the wife who committed the worst of the offenses. All three Carbon County judges are fathers. Had Judge Matika been able to "throw the book" at either of them, he would have. Any of the three, who had the case, would have. I suggest, and HIGHLY, that you at least familiarize yourself with the law and sentencing guidelines. Since you have so much time on your hands to post on the blogs, maybe you could go to law school and REALLY FIND OUT THE LAWS. You have a personal axe to grind and you are trying to rally support for what you believe to be a flawed legal system. People like you are dangerous. You have limited knowledge yet try to pass it off as if it was complete and true. And, it is anything but !

Location hidden

#10 Aug 31, 2012
sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>I am truly getting sick and tied of you posting on various blogs PRETENDING to know EVERYTHING. You claim you worked for the county of Carbon and claim to know it all. We have yet to see even a hint concerning this big lawsuit. When you were questioned, you stated the DA's office was holding everything up. Well, let me tell you something, sweetheart, if what you are claiming is true, I would be screaming at the top of my lungs to everyone and anyone who would listen. I would be in contact with every aspect of the media I could. I would every possible elected official putting pressure on the DA's office. I would stop at nothing, until the case started moving forward and there was some sort of resolve. Now, if you know as much as you claim, then you SHOULD know that a judge's hands are somewhat tied. Do you think they can just pull sentencing out of thin air ? Since you claim to know it all, you DO KNOW THAT THE SENTENCING GUIDELINES ARE SET FORTH BY THE LEGISLATURE OF PA, right ?

Now, to the case at hand. I read and RE-READ the Times News article and obviously my edition of the Times News was different than yours. The husband was gone due to his double working. He inquired about the child and trusted his wife. WRONG on his part. Agreed. Should he have been more diligent in checking on the child. ABSOLUTELY. But is was the wife who committed the worst of the offenses. All three Carbon County judges are fathers. Had Judge Matika been able to "throw the book" at either of them, he would have. Any of the three, who had the case, would have. I suggest, and HIGHLY, that you at least familiarize yourself with the law and sentencing guidelines. Since you have so much time on your hands to post on the blogs, maybe you could go to law school and REALLY FIND OUT THE LAWS. You have a personal axe to grind and you are trying to rally support for what you believe to be a flawed legal system. People like you are dangerous. You have limited knowledge yet try to pass it off as if it was complete and true. And, it is anything but !
Like I said I stand by what I say. My personal situation is no longer up for discussion. I'm not a liar nor can I do anymore than what I have at this point.

I stated my opinion and Matika is a good judge. I do not feel it was a harsh enough sentence that's all. I find it funny attack everything I post. Have a nice night.
the problem is

Stroudsburg, PA

#11 Aug 31, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said I stand by what I say. My personal situation is no longer up for discussion. I'm not a liar nor can I do anymore than what I have at this point.

I stated my opinion and Matika is a good judge. I do not feel it was a harsh enough sentence that's all. I find it funny attack everything I post. Have a nice night.
The problem is in some cases judges hands are tight by sentencing guidelines. As I understand it that included this case. Was it harsh enough, in my opinion no. However, you can't always blame the judge if the law restricts what they can do. Blame the lawmakers that make the laws.
sick and tied

Lehighton, PA

#12 Aug 31, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said I stand by what I say. My personal situation is no longer up for discussion. I'm not a liar nor can I do anymore than what I have at this point.
NOBODY and I will wager even the judge who imposed the sentences, thinks the sentences were what they deserved. But it was what the judge was ALLOWED TO DO ACCCORDING TO THE LAW. Start lobbying Harrisburg to get the sentencing guidelines changed.Take a negative situation, such as your own, and turn it into a positive. I have a nice night, every night, sweetheart. You do the same.
ImTiredOf_It

Wellsboro, PA

#13 Aug 31, 2012
stfu you two blithering babies!!!

Location hidden

#14 Aug 31, 2012
the problem is wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is in some cases judges hands are tight by sentencing guidelines. As I understand it that included this case. Was it harsh enough, in my opinion no. However, you can't always blame the judge if the law restricts what they can do. Blame the lawmakers that make the laws.
That's what I am doing here. I blame the laws. Not the judge. I understand some laws tie hands. I'm all about taking care of your children. I stay at home. My husband works. If something would ever happen our girls always come first. That's a parents job. Protect your children and raise them to respect and to have manors.
Liar Liar

Lehighton, PA

#15 Aug 31, 2012
ImTiredOf_It wrote:
stfu you two blithering babies!!!
You are NOT the person who posts as ImTiredofit. He is registered. You are the same pathetic one who posts under many different names on many different blogs. YOU, troll are the one who shut up and leave these people post their opinions.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 1, 2012
sick and tied wrote:
<quoted text>NOBODY and I will wager even the judge who imposed the sentences, thinks the sentences were what they deserved. But it was what the judge was ALLOWED TO DO ACCCORDING TO THE LAW. Start lobbying Harrisburg to get the sentencing guidelines changed.Take a negative situation, such as your own, and turn it into a positive. I have a nice night, every night, sweetheart. You do the same.
That's what we intend to do. Personally I feel if a young child dies at the hand of a parent or is wronged in any way they should not be allowed (by law) to have anymore children. These women that are on welfare, and I'm not saying they were, need to stop making babies for us to support as well. I also believe there are some facts missing from this article. But I could be wrong there as well. It's so hard in some cases to understand why things happen or why they are decided the ways they are, especially when an innocent is lost or damaged in anyway. If a judge feels that a stiffer penalty should be imposed in these situation they should be allowed to. Just my opinions though. Doesn't mean everybody else needs to feel the same way.
ImTiredOf_It

Wellsboro, PA

#17 Sep 1, 2012
Liar Liar wrote:
<quoted text>You are NOT the person who posts as ImTiredofit. He is registered. You are the same pathetic one who posts under many different names on many different blogs. YOU, troll are the one who shut up and leave these people post their opinions.
I never claimed to be the dumbfukistani that coughed up his email to topix.com , so it could be sold to spamming firms. I was parodying the low IQ of him, as were several other people.

Now go back to the pissing contest you have with this guy. It is entertaining us. That's the point of these forums, to entertain.
sick and tired

Lehighton, PA

#18 Sep 1, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what we intend to do. Personally I feel if a young child dies at the hand of a parent or is wronged in any way they should not be allowed (by law) to have anymore children. These women that are on welfare, and I'm not saying they were, need to stop making babies for us to support as well. I also believe there are some facts missing from this article. But I could be wrong there as well. It's so hard in some cases to understand why things happen or why they are decided the ways they are, especially when an innocent is lost or damaged in anyway. If a judge feels that a stiffer penalty should be imposed in these situation they should be allowed to. Just my opinions though. Doesn't mean everybody else needs to feel the same way.
Sit down, for this one. I totally agree with you ! I have heard from others that the Times News article was not totally complete with the information. But once again, you have the hard liner liberals who lobby the legislature have seen to it that the sentencing guidelines are what they are. It is going to be interesting to see if hands are tied concerning the snake biting incident in Lehighton. If that doesn't throw up a red flag for a future disaster, I don't know what does ! All one had to do was read the father's comments comparing a python to a rabbit, gerbil, and hamster ! If that's not a situation where the authorities should step in, I don't know what is. But, it will be interesting what the authorities are "allowed" to do, according to the law. Sadly, there are alot of non welfare people out there who should also be sterilized and not allowed to procreate as well as the welfare group. There is just no respect for life, anymore.
enrique

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Sep 1, 2012
White people. LOL
RomneyCare

Ardsley, NY

#20 Sep 8, 2012
Charles Darwin was RIGHT wrote:
Inferior creatures tend not to have the "maternal" or the "paternal" instinct to rear young..
Darwin was a fraud and evolution is a bogus theory. God created the Taschler family in his own image and loves them very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murder (Oct '06) 4 hr Curious 9
News Homicide Charges Against Mother, Daughter Sent ... (Apr '07) 7 hr msreen269 1,939
News Seventeen homicides this year leave Columbus fa... Tue George Jackson III 3
News SF Murder Victim Identified As Daly City Man (Oct '08) Tue Anonymous 42
News Woman shot in head after drug deal goes bad in ... Mon Shhhhhh-- 2
News No new trial for Caius Veiovis in triple murder... Mon Cops are Degenerates 15
News True crime isn't as true in its depiction of fe... Jul 23 Tex- 1
More from around the web