Parsons case hits home for family of ...

Parsons case hits home for family of murder victim

There are 30 comments on the Chillicothe Gazette story from Aug 24, 2006, titled Parsons case hits home for family of murder victim. In it, Chillicothe Gazette reports that:

Editor, the Gazette: For the people who are living in fear of their lives because of where they live, brought on by the escapee from the Ross County Jail, you will not find any comfort in this letter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chillicothe Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mary

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Aug 24, 2006
If your not happy with the way the law enforcement is in Ross County, MOVE OUT!!! My son is a deputy sheriff in Ross County and he has spent alot of time looking for this so called INNOCENT MAN. He was 1 of those deputies driving up and down the road looking for him, in the woods at 100 degrees searching for Parsons, while you were in your air conditioned home watching the News. Did you have hot meals while this was going on? He didnt, he ate cold cuts and fruit. Slept maybe 2 hours a time on the ground, while you were laying in your bed with nice sheets and pillows. He took an oath to protect his community and thats what he and all the other law enforcement agents are planning to do. I say if your not happy with them, MOVE to another county. Quit complaining and be supportive, cause there may come a day you might need them.
british chick

Loughborough, UK

#2 Aug 31, 2006
Does your son get paid for being deputy sheriff? If so surely it is his job then to make sure the community feels safe. I am sure you son had to sacrifice a meal or two but compared to the soilders fighting for your country his sacrifice must seem small. The same soilders that get abused like it was there choice to go to war. All people have a right to express an opinion, it might differ from yours so rather than being defensive with them why not educate them into the job your son actually has to do. Also if all the people in Ross county moved out there would be no need for a sheriff and the criminals could run free.
You need to remember who is paying your sons wage.
If he does work for free i apologise for this post.
JBH

Coudersport, PA

#3 Sep 1, 2006
Second, with chick. Critizism (or complaining as you call it) is a basic privilage we have in this country, it initates change. There was a group of men with the gall to critize a very powerful government about 230 years ago, any guess as to who?
british chick

Loughborough, UK

#4 Sep 1, 2006
GO on tell me, i am sure it isnt something i have heard a 100 times on this forum. But you know what the british deserved what they got for their gread. I just hope we never have to experience that again, with the gread for oil. As you are also aware without the British, The USA would not be such a multi cultural society. As really the land belonged to the Natives. Anyway i am not here to discuss history of 230 years ago. It amazes me how many americans comment on things because my location says uk it might surprise you but there are several bases in the uk, all with american citizens on.
JBH

Coudersport, PA

#5 Sep 1, 2006
I didn't mean that as a slam against your country. It was just to reafirm your point with something that many americans identify. The British ran the globe for nearly 500 years, and that cannot be over looked, we are babies globally having fits of power and temper tantrums all the time. I would like to see the UK, our close allie, stand up more to the american theocracy, but I am not familier with your politics so really don't know what your political leaders are feeling.
british chick

Loughborough, UK

#6 Sep 1, 2006
oh ok sorry if i took the comment wrong ijust hear it all the time. The fact my step father is american and i spent many years in the usa, i just always feel i have to explain that haha. because my name says british chick, its only so my mum knows where i have posted haha.
JBH wrote:
I didn't mean that as a slam against your country. It was just to reafirm your point with something that many americans identify. The British ran the globe for nearly 500 years, and that cannot be over looked, we are babies globally having fits of power and temper tantrums all the time. I would like to see the UK, our close allie, stand up more to the american theocracy, but I am not familier with your politics so really don't know what your political leaders are feeling.
JBH

Coudersport, PA

#7 Sep 1, 2006
I have spent alot of time abroad also, and I get very tired of having to defend american policies. I feel your pain!=P
ohiolady

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Sep 10, 2006
Mary wrote:
If your not happy with the way the law enforcement is in Ross County, MOVE OUT!!! My son is a deputy sheriff in Ross County and he has spent alot of time looking for this so called INNOCENT MAN. He was 1 of those deputies driving up and down the road looking for him, in the woods at 100 degrees searching for Parsons, while you were in your air conditioned home watching the News. Did you have hot meals while this was going on? He didnt, he ate cold cuts and fruit. Slept maybe 2 hours a time on the ground, while you were laying in your bed with nice sheets and pillows. He took an oath to protect his community and thats what he and all the other law enforcement agents are planning to do. I say if your not happy with them, MOVE to another county. Quit complaining and be supportive, cause there may come a day you might need them.
Mary your son is paid to protect the people of ross county.He chose that career and with every job comes responsability.Doctors spend days at the hospital and also sacrifice many of meals.You are right we was in our beds and in the comforts of our homes,but we was not getting paid to be searching for the Accused cop killer.I am sorry but it was the sheriffs departments fault that John Parsons is not still behind bars,they failed to protect the citizens by not taking the time to check cells and phone recordings and to moniter the inmates corectly.Don'tbe harsh on every person that makes a comment.We have the right to voice our opinions!!
Waverly

Edison, NJ

#9 Oct 3, 2006
Mary wrote:
sounds like maybe he needs to find another job..That so called cop killer out smarted him too. If Chillicothe is anything like Waverly, They will lie and say they found him...You are guilty untill proven other wise in OHIO.
Waverly

Edison, NJ

#10 Oct 3, 2006
ohiolady wrote:
<quoted text>Mary your son is paid to protect the people of ross county.He chose that career and with every job comes responsability.Doctors spend days at the hospital and also sacrifice many of meals.You are right we was in our beds and in the comforts of our homes,but we was not getting paid to be searching for the Accused cop killer.I am sorry but it was the sheriffs departments fault that John Parsons is not still behind bars,they failed to protect the citizens by not taking the time to check cells and phone recordings and to moniter the inmates corectly.Don'tbe harsh on every person that makes a comment.We have the right to voice our opinions!!
Her son was probley the working the day Parsons out smarted the PO~PO...I have lived here for 40 years and thing will never change...
such funny idiots

Alpine, TX

#11 Oct 17, 2006
From what all I see on this forum crap with everyone talking like they know what is going on and have comments on everything. For one any one who says soldiers in the war did not have a choice to go to war yes they did they signed all those papers when they joined the forces which is in a manner of applying for the job. They are getting paid, yes they are in more danger than almost any other job but there hasnt been a draft for at least 30 years in the US. I was in the Marines for 9 nine years and went to the middle east in 1991 for 14 months and I went knowing I may have been killed, but without complaints because I joined on my own freewill to defend my believes.
I have been reading all these comments on here and it makes me wonder if people are really all that stupid in the USA, but then again Bush was elected twice so maybe so. If this parsons escaped and is on the run because of him not being guilty of the murder then why didnt he stand trial for his charges. If he was charged with the robbery and theft of the vehicle and now with escape he should be considered dangerous and should be punished for his crimes as with all criminals should be. There is an old saying I enjoy very much "If you cant do the time dont do the crime" All the excuses on here about him being not guilty how do you know he is or isnt he didnt stand trial. Instead he broke another law and is putting so many other peoples lives in danger. As far as you being guilty until proven innocent in Ohio, it is that way anywhere and the law should change to being that way. If you are being charged you should be considered guilty until you have proven your innocense. Something everyone out there needs to realize is law enforcement and soldiers are humans just the same as a baker, cashier, journalist, businesspeople and anyone else who tries to make a living getting up going to work everyday. I get up every morning and drive 60 miles to rebuild houses that have burntout most by arsonist so criminals help me keep a job but I would rather lose my job and go into building homes again if the criminals could be stopped, but I will probably retire in 30 years with no sight of slowing down with a loss of crime.
another thing if you really think parson is outsmarting the law you may try looking at it a different way the law may have thought he would get off and then let him escape knowing his demeanor and knowing that he would make it to the FBI top ten list making it almost impossible for him to be brought in alive I think Parsons will be shot and killed for each day he is on the run adds more tension to teh law and he will be taken out with the slightist sign of resistance.
jeff in ohio

Enumclaw, WA

#12 Oct 31, 2006
british chick wrote:
GO on tell me, i am sure it isnt something i have heard a 100 times on this forum. But you know what the british deserved what they got for their gread. I just hope we never have to experience that again, with the gread for oil. As you are also aware without the British, The USA would not be such a multi cultural society. As really the land belonged to the Natives. Anyway i am not here to discuss history of 230 years ago. It amazes me how many americans comment on things because my location says uk it might surprise you but there are several bases in the uk, all with american citizens on.
Hi chick .I have served in the airforce at mildenhall........im a deputy in ohio also.....
Truth

Venice, FL

#13 Nov 1, 2006
JBH wrote:
I have spent alot of time abroad also, and I get very tired of having to defend american policies. I feel your pain!=P
Amen to that. When I lived in the UK, all I had to do was open my mouth and instantly a political debate had begun. It was pretty irritating having people who had only read about or seen issues of our country on TV. Some many that I encountered, could swear they had a better handle on what our society was like without having experienced it.

They really hated me during the Rider Cup of '95!
Truth

Venice, FL

#14 Nov 1, 2006
Correction: "...so many....
Patrick Thomas cousin

Johnstown, PA

#15 Nov 27, 2013
For the so-called sheriff's department my cousin was murdered when the deputy showed up she told this guy to go home and change his bloody clothes and take a bath then come back over for his statement supposedly this guys mother works at the sheriffs department who killed my cousin. Chillicothe law enforcement is just as crooked as the criminals running the streets
hello

Neenah, WI

#16 Nov 27, 2013
Patrick Thomas cousin wrote:
For the so-called sheriff's department my cousin was murdered when the deputy showed up she told this guy to go home and change his bloody clothes and take a bath then come back over for his statement supposedly this guys mother works at the sheriffs department who killed my cousin. Chillicothe law enforcement is just as crooked as the criminals running the streets
who is this guy
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#17 Nov 27, 2013
Patrick Thomas cousin wrote:
7 years ago? WTF?
Peo

Portsmouth, OH

#18 Nov 27, 2013
One cop shot another oink oink. AAAARRRRAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
Superman

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Nov 28, 2013
Charlie was ruining peoples life's by selling drugs. I think it was a drug deal that went bad.
Realize

Wilmington, OH

#20 Nov 28, 2013
John is innocent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 dead, 10 wounded in TX high school shooting;... 6 hr judy 19
News Shooting in West Side leaves one man dead, one ... 8 hr Capt Pepe 2
News Crazed Youtube videos of Oklahoma shooter who s... 10 hr factoidfinder 1
News Police deserve to be honored 11 hr lol 1
News Man who stuffed Lubbock woman's body into lugga... 13 hr judy 8
News Harvey Weinstein arrested by NYC authorities, c... 19 hr BPT 1
News 1 dead, 1 in ICU after Bridgeport shooting Fri Daniels Conscience 3