18-Year Old in Orange Cove Killed in ...

18-Year Old in Orange Cove Killed in Drive-By Shooting

There are 116 comments on the www.fresnobee.com story from Jul 6, 2008, titled 18-Year Old in Orange Cove Killed in Drive-By Shooting. In it, www.fresnobee.com reports that:

Drive-by shooting kills man in Orange Cove Fresno County sheriff's deputies are investigating a fatal shooting Friday night in Orange Cove in eastern Fresno County.

The victim was found shot on the street at Fourth and Park streets when deputies were dispatched there about 7:30 p.m., investigators said.

The victim, identified by the Fresno County Coroner's Office as Juan Rico, 18, of Orange Cove, was taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno, where he was pronounced dead at 11:56 p.m. Rico reportedly was standing with a group of people when he was shot by someone in a passing vehicle.

~~~~~

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.fresnobee.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
UPDATE - ABC-30 TV

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Jul 6, 2008
~~~~~

7/6/2008
Orange Cove, CA (KFSN)-- Sheriff's deputies are looking for clues in the murder of a teenager who was riding his bike through Orange Cove Saturday night.

Witnesses say a drive-by shooter opened fire on 18-year-old Juan Rico when he was on his bike at Fourth and Park at about 7:30 pm.

They saw the suspect's blue Honda drive away eastbound on Manning at Highway 63.

Paramedics took Rico to the trauma center in Fresno, but he died from the gunshot wounds.

~~~~~
La Nene

Stevinson, CA

#2 Jul 7, 2008
R.I.P Shy 1

“Government Accountability”

Since: Oct 07

Orange Cove

#3 Jul 7, 2008
~~~~~

UPDATE ... Fresno County Sheriff's Department needs YOUR HELP !!!

Information sought in Orange Cove slaying
~~~~~~~~~~

The Fresno County Sheriff's Department is seeking the public's help to locate suspects in the slaying of an Orange Cove man Saturday.

Around 7:30 p.m. officers responded to the area of Fourth and Park streets and found 18-year-old Juan Rico shot and lying on the ground, according to the Sheriff's Department. Rico was taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno, where he was pronounced dead at 11:56 p.m.

Witnesses said Rico was riding his bicycle on Fourth Street, north of Park Street, when a vehicle drove up to him and one of the occupants fired. The vehicle, described as a blue Honda with tinted windows, was last seen traveling east on Manning Avenue from Highway 63 in Tulare County.

Anyone with information is asked to contact;

Detective Jaime Loredo (Fresno County Sheriff)... PHONE NO. on-line in the Fresno Bee story

.. or ..

CrimeStoppers at PHONE NO. on-line in the Fresno Bee story

~~~~~

Read the complete story here;
http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/713126.htm...

~~~~~
concerned citizen

United States

#4 Jul 7, 2008
I wish the head of the city council would open his eyes and see that we are in DESPERATE need of a FULL TIME POLICE STATION...AND POLICE ON DUTY HERE in the city of ORANGE COVE because "Truly working together, Nothing is impossible" is not working for the community right now!!!
O C resident and a mom

Gridley, CA

#5 Jul 7, 2008
I read the comment written by the concerned citizen. This person wrote " working together is not working for the community right now." Everyone is intitled to their opinion.
Please don't give up on working together. Unfortuneatley crime does exists.
My condolences to the family and friends of the young man that was killed. One day after his death a car wash was organized in Orange Cove to help his family. Friends and relatives got together to help.
Orange Cove does not have a police station. We do have the sheriff Dept. patrolling our area. They do their best and I appreciate them. Blaming a member of the O.C. city council is not good. They are not to blame for the death of the young man.
concerned citizen

United States

#6 Jul 8, 2008
O C resident and mom, how beautiful you are to express hope and condolences at this time.. can't wait to come across more people like you. Intentions are not to blame O.C. City council it's just been acknowledged that when the head of the council really wants something, He gets it .. so can't help to wonder if a police or sheriff station is pursued by Him. The city of Orange Cove would get it.... and Orange Cove is in great need of a 24 hour police station. I appreciate the sheriff Dept. They are doing there best...I'm not trying to degrade anyone at all. Just stating the facts.. and many have agreed we need 24/7 police or sheriffs here in our community..Thank you for the hope..
ORANGE COVE RESIDENT

Visalia, CA

#7 Jul 18, 2008
O C resident and a mom wrote:
I read the comment written by the concerned citizen. This person wrote " working together is not working for the community right now." Everyone is intitled to their opinion.
Please don't give up on working together. Unfortuneatley crime does exists.
My condolences to the family and friends of the young man that was killed. One day after his death a car wash was organized in Orange Cove to help his family. Friends and relatives got together to help.
Orange Cove does not have a police station. We do have the sheriff Dept. patrolling our area. They do their best and I appreciate them. Blaming a member of the O.C. city council is not good. They are not to blame for the death of the young man.
I AGREE NEVER GIVE UP ON HOPE WORKING TOGETHER LIKE THE MAYOR SAYS IS ALL YOU CAN DO YOU COULD HAVE TWENTY POLICE OFFICERS THERE IS NO WAY THERE GOING TO BE IN EVERY CRACK AND CRANNY ALOT OF CITIES LIKE REEDLEY AND DINUBA HAVE HUGE GANG PROBLEMS ITS JUST THAT THE PAPER DOESNT PUT IT OUT THERE LIKE THEY DO ORANGE COVE AND THE MAYOR HELPS SO MANY PEOPLE AND DOES ALOT FOR THE CHILDREN IN THIS COMMUNITY ITS HARD TO SAY THAT HE HAS NOT. THE PROOF IS THERE .WE HAVE SPECIAL GANG UNIT MAGEC CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY
ADRIANA

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2008
AGAIN FRESNO COUNTY SHERRIFS WASTING GOOD TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO FIND THE TRASH THAT TOOK OUT THE TRASH LETS JUST LET THEM FINISH THEM SELVES OFF THERE ARE INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT REALY NEED HELP ALONG WITH ALOT OF UNSLVED CASES THAT SHOULD BE GETTING SOLVED BUT THERE TO BUSY PLAYNG DETECTIVES !!
sam

Fresno, CA

#11 Jul 22, 2008
shut up big booty bertha i know that you or is it that preagnent 13 year old grand daughter YOU WERE A ;;SLUT'' STILL ARE BY THE WAY .YOUR DAUGHTER IS A SLUT AND YOUR TWO LITTLE GRAND DAUGHTERS AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
ORANGE COVE RESIDENT

Fresno, CA

#12 Jul 23, 2008
ADRIANA AND SAM PART OF THE FUTURE LEADERS WOW PEOPLE YOU GOT SOME REAL WINNERS ON YOUR SIDE
amy

Fresno, CA

#13 Jul 23, 2008
some people are still afraid to speak the truth at least we are honest and not some comformest like you when you see victor finally paying for his dirty deeds and all that fraud he and his gang our doing come back and join our side open your eyes that if f you are not related to him !!!!!!!!
Sorry Town

Stockton, CA

#14 Jul 23, 2008
I live in Orange Cove, but since I remember James Brown owns this town. If James Brown has been succesful is because he has the love of his family and all those bunch of getto thugs. Which means at leat 95% of Orange Cove. Just my thoughts, but I could be wrong.
ADRIANA

Fresno, CA

#15 Jul 23, 2008
no i hear you ! and i belive you right but do you really think he looks like james brown ? lets not insult the king of soul victor lopez takes the prize for the ugliest littlest alien being from the planet lopez where all the fuglys live !

“FUTURE LEADERS!”

Since: Jul 08

orange cove

#16 Jul 24, 2008
ORANGE COVE RESIDENT wrote:
ADRIANA AND SAM PART OF THE FUTURE LEADERS WOW PEOPLE YOU GOT SOME REAL WINNERS ON YOUR SIDE
i guess we do!
ORANGE COVE RESIDENT

United States

#17 Jul 24, 2008
samduncan88 wrote:
<quoted text> i guess we do!
COME ON GLENDA YOUR THAT SCARED LIL MIS HOT TO TROT

“FUTURE LEADERS!”

orange cove

#18 Jul 26, 2008
ORANGE COVE RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
COME ON GLENDA YOUR THAT SCARED LIL MIS HOT TO TROT
WHATEVER DUDE, OR SHOULD I SAY VICTOR LOPEZ JUNIOR!
white boy

United States

#19 Jul 26, 2008
the stupid people are all of you in here now thats a fact

“FUTURE LEADERS!”

orange cove

#20 Jul 26, 2008
white boy wrote:
the stupid people are all of you in here now thats a fact
PLEASE NO NEED FOR YOUR COMMENTS, KEEP THEM TO YOUR SELF!!!!!!!!!!
anonymous

Fresno, CA

#21 Sep 3, 2008
R.I.P Shy 1
in our hearts forever
loved <3
XOXOXO
Have some shame

Arvin, CA

#22 Sep 3, 2008
La Nene wrote:
R.I.P Shy 1
keep up the ignorance dummy !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Final man sentenced in Owensboro, Ky., robbery ... (Aug '11) 2 hr Truth 20
News Shooting probe turns to distance (Mar '09) 3 hr Its me 26
News Police seek murder suspect (Oct '07) 11 hr Anonymous 46
News Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) 21 hr Random concerned ... 72
News Augusta Woman No Longer Faces Animal Cruelty Ch... (May '12) Mon Buk 7
News Police say Omak shooting shows gangs are gettin... (May '09) Mon south side locos13 22
News Teen murderer gets life (May '06) Sun justme 12
More from around the web