Could 22-Year Old Murder Be Linked To Sanchez

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

Investigators are looking into whether a 22-year old murder is linked to Altemio Sanchez.
Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tonawanda Woman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 16, 2007
 
it sounds like it was his work. it's to bad that it takes so long for some things to come out. that was his area and his trade mark. may he live long and suffer much. then burn in hell
Lived in Fear

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 16, 2007
 
I lived in the area of Amercian Brass and heard of many rapes on or near tracks in the area and was very afraid for years. I had said over and over it was someone who lived or worked in the area to know how to get to those tracks and that alot of people took shortcuts thru there. I for one believe this is the work of that monster. Hopefully at some point he will admit to other rapes and murders so the many victims will at least know he is behind bars and they are safer. As a rape survivor I know I wont feel safe until my rapist is locked up or at least known to me.
OhNO

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 16, 2007
 
Lived in Fear wrote:
I lived in the area of Amercian Brass and heard of many rapes on or near tracks in the area and was very afraid for years. I had said over and over it was someone who lived or worked in the area to know how to get to those tracks and that alot of people took shortcuts thru there. I for one believe this is the work of that monster. Hopefully at some point he will admit to other rapes and murders so the many victims will at least know he is behind bars and they are safer. As a rape survivor I know I wont feel safe until my rapist is locked up or at least known to me.
Thank you for saying "rape survivor" and not victim. I always hated that word. We were victims at the time but not after. I myself can't believe that this is all coming together soo many years later and there being so many attacks. I hope that everyone who thinks this monster was their attacker can get some sort of closure. Speaking for myself, I won't be satisfied until mine is dead and I've outlived him.
Aut Unumbumbum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 16, 2007
 
Can they exhume the body and check for traces of forensic evidence they may have missed 22 years ago? Sounds like there were a lot of mistakes made. Prayers to the family and the cops who still care.
former kenmore woman

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 16, 2007
 
I've wondered for all these years, "who killed Kathy"? When Sanchez was arrested, I said he had to have done this.Due to the proximity of American Brass and where it happened, the fact that she was strangled and also the police were apparently looking into a suspect who had similar physical feature. I didn't find out until today that she was strangled with a ligature. Does it really matter if it was double or single?! I hope and pray for her sister and mother, if she is still living, that the police and investigators look into this as deeply as possible to finally put this to rest.
MJC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 16, 2007
 
Don't be too quick to blame Sanchez, however. Not to defend this animal, but if you are wrong, the real murderer will get away with it.

The authorities must be careful not to blithely classify this as another Sanchez crime unless there is concrete evidence.
former kenmore woman

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 16, 2007
 
Did they mention if there is any forensic evidence in the case of Kathy Herold? I just hope that the DA doesn't shut this down too quickly due to lack of evidence. Maybe there's someone out there who has some information and will come forward or as Aut Unumbumbum has mentioned, maybe they can exhume the body. We will be watching for developments on this story. It is so sad; all the devestation and heartbreak the this sick,evil individual has inflicted on so many people, I,too, am sick of seeing his disgusting face all over the news. Lock him up and throw away the key. He will rot in Hell.
Susan

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 17, 2007
 
Aut Unumbumbum wrote:
Can they exhume the body and check for traces of forensic evidence they may have missed 22 years ago? Sounds like there were a lot of mistakes made. Prayers to the family and the cops who still care.
Pray that she wasn't cremated...I don't that there would be any hope of DNA...even on a body decomposed 24 years...
Avenging Angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 17, 2007
 
This may have nothing to do with Sanchez. According to the info from a reliable source, he had single-handedly figured out this murder and the cops covered it up because one of the killers was the son of a high-ranking local police official. This individual confronted the police who then swept this under the carpet. In the mid-80's there was a devil-worship cult that used to walk up and down Delaware Avenue on Friday nights chanting jibberish & wearing KKK-like costumes. These punks ritually strangled her as a devil-worship human sacrifice. The cops covered this up because the leader of the group was miserable, wussy punk whose father was a high-ranking cop! Sanchez is garbage, but he didn't do this one.
God demands that justice be done. These punks will be indicted within 180 days.
Avenging Angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 17, 2007
 
former kenmore woman wrote:
I've wondered for all these years, "who killed Kathy"? When Sanchez was arrested, I said he had to have done this.Due to the proximity of American Brass and where it happened, the fact that she was strangled and also the police were apparently looking into a suspect who had similar physical feature. I didn't find out until today that she was strangled with a ligature. Does it really matter if it was double or single?! I hope and pray for her sister and mother, if she is still living, that the police and investigators look into this as deeply as possible to finally put this to rest.
see my post below:
This may have nothing to do with Sanchez. According to the info from a reliable source, he had single-handedly figured out this murder and the cops covered it up because one of the killers was the son of a high-ranking local police official. This individual confronted the police who then swept this under the carpet. In the mid-80's there was a devil-worship cult that used to walk up and down Delaware Avenue on Friday nights chanting jibberish & wearing KKK-like costumes. These punks ritually strangled her as a devil-worship human sacrifice. The cops covered this up because the leader of the group was miserable, wussy punk whose father was a high-ranking cop! Sanchez is garbage, but he didn't do this one.
God demands that justice be done. These punks will be indicted within 180 days.
Hyman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 17, 2007
 
To Avenging Angel: your friend should leave some info on this board but first contact the feds if he knows that the locals did this. Anyone with an axe to grind against someone can write these things:

"son of high-ranking cop/lawyer/doctor/politician/p ainter"
Bookey the Elephant

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 17, 2007
 
The Town Cops couldn't solve a crime if it was handed to them. Let another department work on this one!
Molly

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 17, 2007
 
He admitted to a bunch of rapes he commited but the statute of limitations had expired. Murder doesn't have a statute of limitations. He's not going to easily to admit to this one. I also think a statue of limitations should not exist on anything that causes physical harm to someone, including rape. Rape is a murder where you are still alive physically. But you're changed. Circumstantial evidence that exists now...most likely him. My prayers are with the family of Kathy, I hope you find some peace.
Avenging Angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 17, 2007
 
Hyman wrote:
To Avenging Angel: your friend should leave some info on this board but first contact the feds if he knows that the locals did this. Anyone with an axe to grind against someone can write these things:
"son of high-ranking cop/lawyer/doctor/politician/p ainter"
There is no axe to grind, just a known fact. It was an open secret all over North Buffalo & the Tonawandas about who committed the crime. The cops never followed any leads. I did not personnaly know the perpetrators or the victim. All leads need to followed as her sister said. The authorities have not done so. If I am a crackpot & wrong, so be it. This murder demands justice. It would be so easy to blame Sanchez, but if he didn't do it them somebody has gotten away with murder for 22 years. Even the DA does not think it was Sanchez. Is that not telling?
Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 17, 2007
 
Mr. Clark, If Sanchez didn't do it, then that means there is another monster out there. That is why this is so important. Keep up the good work Tonawanda Police.
The Wolf

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 17, 2007
 
Tonawanda Police, LOL thats funny, had it not been for Sanchez those morons would've never had any clue. The Tonawanda police are a complete Joke, if its not DWI, those idiots are lost.

And another thing, if it turns out to be Sanchez, what are they going to do? Spend more tax payer money and give him another 25 year? He is never getting out anyway, why waste the time and money.
Former Tonawanda Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 18, 2007
 
Avenging Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
see my post below:
This may have nothing to do with Sanchez. According to the info from a reliable source, he had single-handedly figured out this murder and the cops covered it up because one of the killers was the son of a high-ranking local police official. This individual confronted the police who then swept this under the carpet. In the mid-80's there was a devil-worship cult that used to walk up and down Delaware Avenue on Friday nights chanting jibberish & wearing KKK-like costumes. These punks ritually strangled her as a devil-worship human sacrifice. The cops covered this up because the leader of the group was miserable, wussy punk whose father was a high-ranking cop! Sanchez is garbage, but he didn't do this one.
God demands that justice be done. These punks will be indicted within 180 days.
I would have been 21 at the time of this murder and I can't recall any details. I was hoping someone would rerun the original story. I do remember there was some satan worshiping going on in or near the old grain mills by the railroad tracks that crossed Woodward. I also remember a boy who died there (in a fall I think). I met his distraught father once and I will never forget it. Any one else remember trouble at the former grain mills?
Former Tonawanda Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 18, 2007
 
Another thing...while the entire community has been looking for unsolved links to Sanchez for almost a year since Joan Diver went missing...why hasn't anyone mentioned this murder before now??? Hasn't this been an active investigation?
Avenging Angel

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 18, 2007
 
"Also under suspicion are some people who were close to Herold at the time and who came under investigation following the murder back in 1985."

Who were "those people" close to her in 1985? The Woodward Avenue mill is less than two miles from the site where the body was found. The dirtbags who did this knew her at least casually and did this deliberately. It will be the bombshell I thought it was when this breaks open soon. The Tonawanda Keystone Cops will have egg on their faces & have much to answer for when the entire truth comes out. Covering up for one of its own was a disgrace in 1985 and will not stand now.

Apparently, I am not the only one who remembers the rotten satanists who did this. God moves in mysterious ways and will make the people who did this pay at last for this heinous, hateful crime. Justice will be done. Shame on you, Tonawanda PD! You are going to be embarassed & humiliated. It will be for everyone to see that you purposely covered this up in '85.
Werewolf

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 18, 2007
 
What do you expect the Tonawanda PD are a joke, they cant solve any case cept for DWI or when some crackhead is caught on camera, they are idiots....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Classmates turned rival gang members: What led ... 4 hr Rick 1
Man charged in two Cumberland County murders (Aug '06) 11 hr laker 150
Indianapolis man faces murder charge in shootin... 12 hr Ole John 10
2 men charged with attempted murder in shooting... 12 hr reality is a crutch 1
Hocking County prosecutor says coroner not doin... 15 hr yesyesyes 2
For Pomona, gangs are not a new problem (Feb '08) 19 hr SgvKills 336
Victim ID'd in fatal Cumberland Ave. shooting 3... 22 hr Bess Blaise 2
•••
•••