Messer found guilty of murder

Messer found guilty of murder

There are 242 comments on the Appalachian News Express story from Jan 12, 2007, titled Messer found guilty of murder. In it, Appalachian News Express reports that:

After less than three hours of deliberation, a Mingo County Circuit Court jury convicted a 20-year-old Kermit, W.Va. man on two counts of murder yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Appalachian News Express.

rider

Marquette, MI

#236 Nov 21, 2010
This is a news story releated to the franklin coverup..... we find the newly appointed medical examiner of Mingo County arguing that the ...
www.indybay.org/newsitems/2003/02/06/15709461... -
old friend

Milton, WV

#237 Nov 22, 2010
randall didnt deserve any of this. if you knew the two boys he killed, you would have done the same. they were all three good friends of mine & they just got mixed up in a bunch of stuff. but, randall had to make his decision, to take their lives or lose his. what would anyone do?? anybody would have done the same thingg. i just think randall has spent too much time in prison as it is & he should have gotten off on self defense!!
ghetto bootie

Paintsville, KY

#238 Nov 25, 2010
brs hsyem esyy
william43

Bellefontaine, OH

#239 Dec 7, 2010
just thought i would say hello to everyone in wv there. i used to live there years ago been in ohio for about 35 years now. roy lyons is my dads borther he lived on marbone i think. my dad pasted away about 3 months ago he lived in ky kennis lyons dont know if any of u knew him or not. but anyways just thought i would say hello to everyone there.
okok

Virgie, KY

#240 Feb 17, 2011
Does anyone know if he is going to get relased anytime soon? Please let me know, Thanks
okok

Virgie, KY

#241 Feb 17, 2011
BROTHER wrote:
THOSE TWO BOYS CAME IN MY BROTHERS HOME TO HURT HIM AND HE PROTECTED HIMSELF AND IT IS A SHAME THAT HE HAS TO DO ONE DAY IN JAIL FOR IT...I THINK THAT HE DESERVES A METAL FOR WHAT HE DID..AND IF ANYBODY DONT LIKE IT..KICK MY DOOR IN.AND I WILL GO GET ME A PRISON CELL WITH MY BROTHER AND THEN U CAN CRY OVER TWO MORE PIECES OF SHIT!!!!
Really? You are going to take up for your brother no matetr what, but calling people who are alrady dead names is beyond low. Deserves a metal? huh? He derseves to be locked up and never get any phone calls or to see any of his family. And that still doesnt even come close to what those boys family have went through and still are going through
ronnie

Logan, WV

#243 Mar 12, 2011
they should have let randall go so that us creek boys could take care of him but maybe it will be done in jail
jim

Prestonsburg, KY

#244 Mar 13, 2011
it's called breaking and entering? I thought a person had the right to defend themselves under those conditions?
itnahjwf

Van Lear, KY

#245 Mar 13, 2011
jim wrote:
it's called breaking and entering? I thought a person had the right to defend themselves under those conditions?
I hate to tell you but no one broke in no where, so therefore its not called self defense. Get a clue.
jim

Prestonsburg, KY

#246 Mar 14, 2011
Excuse me the clue I went by is posted above. Why don't you get a clue and read. I went by that when I asked the question.
Logan, WV

#247 Mar 14, 2011
ronnie wrote:
they should have let randall go so that us creek boys could take care of him but maybe it will be done in jail
hey ronnie, bad boys bad boys what cha gonna do what cha gonna do when they come for you?
itnahjwf

Van Lear, KY

#248 Mar 14, 2011
jim wrote:
Excuse me the clue I went by is posted above. Why don't you get a clue and read. I went by that when I asked the question.
I'm sorry I didn't relize that you had the police report. Oh wait you didn't. People need to stop running their mouth when they dont know what they are talking about. HE is locked up for a reason. At least his family can go and see him. So please stop posting stuff when you don't know what your talking about. Thanks
itnahjwf

Van Lear, KY

#249 Mar 14, 2011
old friend wrote:
randall didnt deserve any of this. if you knew the two boys he killed, you would have done the same. they were all three good friends of mine & they just got mixed up in a bunch of stuff. but, randall had to make his decision, to take their lives or lose his. what would anyone do?? anybody would have done the same thingg. i just think randall has spent too much time in prison as it is & he should have gotten off on self defense!!
I am sorry to tell you but everyone wouldnt of done the same thing.
jim

Prestonsburg, KY

#250 Mar 14, 2011
freedom of speech
gfhfhfdhgf

Charleston, WV

#251 Oct 13, 2011
Everyone has their own dang opinions .. &, No one cares that you think you know everything about the story , It doesn't concern you so why is your darn nose in this mess ... Things happen for a reason people!
oh my

Chapmanville, WV

#252 Oct 13, 2011
Sorry to tell ya but how the hell do you justify self defense when you shoot someone in the back?? that's NOT self defense, that's MURDER by a f*cking COWARD!! He knew he couldn't go toe to toe with either one of them without getting his @ss handed to him on a silver platter, so that's why he shot them like the b!tchhe was born & bred to be.
cindy

Princeton, WV

#253 May 12, 2013
I have read ever single post reguarding this situation, and seems to me that this young boy 20yrs old got a raw deal, wonder why his lawyer did not ask for a change of venue, also seems the two boys killed had an awful lot of being a bad ass attituded, seems as tho their family friends and love ones cannot except that their bad ass attitude got the best of them, don't seem like these familys have learned a very vualable lesson, they keep making the same threats trying to be bad asses, i for one don't know anyone involved in this situation, was having to do a project on bulling and came across this topix, i think i would like to know more of the truth about what really happened that night, did anyone give a statement that was actually there? Maybe this 20 year old man should receive a new trial, just a thought.
Truth

Rupert, WV

#254 May 12, 2013
The truth is that someone was eventually gonna kill those two boys. They thought they could do or say anything to anyone without anything happening. Randall made a decision that he was not going to be their next victim. These two boys were adults at the time of their deaths, but had they been taught better instead of being encouraged to be heathens, then they might still be here. To "CINDY"...I hope you can show this as an example for your project: BULLYING DOES NOT PAY OFF IN THE END.
The rat

Elkview, WV

#255 May 23, 2013
Two in hell. One in jail. What's the down side of this situation.
Walter gauze sister Beth

Sandyville, WV

#258 May 24, 2013
If sumone want get hold of me mesh me at [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No new trial for Caius Veiovis in triple murder... 15 hr blueballs 11
News Seventeen homicides this year leave Columbus fa... 16 hr Crime Watcher 1
News True crime isn't as true in its depiction of fe... Sun Tex- 1
News Angela-Chanselor neighborhood in Pomona sees re... (Apr '13) Sun olevas 26
News Man with knife shot by school police near Westl... Sat Marcavage s Emission 1
News Stanley Dishon expected to take plea deal in co... (Jan '15) Jul 20 nope 20
News Nye Co. teen held in rifle slaying of girl (Jun '06) Jul 20 HIT IT 113
More from around the web