Messer found guilty of murder

After less than three hours of deliberation, a Mingo County Circuit Court jury convicted a 20-year-old Kermit, W.Va. man on two counts of murder yesterday. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Jane Doe

Apple Grove, WV

#1 Feb 20, 2007
"If it acts like a monster, looks like a monster,and talks like a monster"....what do you have? This is the family that no matter what you would tell them Randall did, they would defend and deny. I hope Bubba keeps Randall company in jail. I have no compassion for a person that can take another ones life, simply because he could not fight his way out, just kill!! Premeditation all the way!!
Jane Doe

Hurricane, WV

#2 Mar 13, 2007
I think that Melvin Randal Messer should have gotten the death penalty for the two murders he commited. At least his family can talk to him and go visit him. The other two boys' parents, family and friends have lost them forever. They will never be able to communicate with them ever again. I think the jury done an O.K job but these boys were innocent. They came to a gun fight with a case of beer. Where is the real justice system when you really need it? I understand Messer was scared of Gauze and Chapman, because I will have to admit they were real tough boys, but that's no reason to kill them. Some times you can't win every fight. You give some and you take some.
Buddy

London, KY

#3 May 6, 2007
Where did this take place at?...Thanks.......
John doe

Tarboro, NC

#4 Feb 28, 2008
Yea right, Randall had been gettin harrassed and threatened almost everyday by those 2. You threaten someones life continously, they are gonna end up defneding themselves, in my opinion randall should of got off on self defense.
Buddy

London, KY

#5 Feb 28, 2008
Did this happen in Kermit?
1WHOKNOWS

AOL

#6 Mar 19, 2008
YOU SIT IN YOUR HOME AND THINK YOU KNOW THE WHOLE SITUATION. THESE MEN WERE NOT JUST 2 INNOCENT MEN. THEY BROKE INTO NUMEROUS HOMES AND CUT AND STABBED NUMEROUS PEOPLE IN THEIR LIVES. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF 2 MEN OF THAT NATURE CAME IN ON YOU AND WANTED YOU DEAD SO THAT YOU COULDNT TESTIFY AGAINST THEM? TELL ME PLEASE BECASE GOD ALWAYS HAS A WAY OF BRINGING PEOPLE DOWN WHO THINK THEY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THEN OTHER PEOPLE AND DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE REMOTELY TALKING ABOUT.THE ONE THING THE PROSECUTOR WOULDNT LET IN THE COURT ROOM WAS THEIR VIOLENT PAST AND BELIEVE ME I KNOW THEY WERE VERY VIOLENT.
Jane Doe wrote:
"If it acts like a monster, looks like a monster,and talks like a monster"....what do you have? This is the family that no matter what you would tell them Randall did, they would defend and deny. I hope Bubba keeps Randall company in jail. I have no compassion for a person that can take another ones life, simply because he could not fight his way out, just kill!! Premeditation all the way!!
CREEK GURL

College Station, TX

#7 Apr 18, 2008
randall was a friend of mine and so was the two guys he killed he done it on self defense and im sad that the other two are gone but they deservced it..
gone from there

Clay City, KY

#8 Aug 25, 2008
It happened on marrowbone. The law doesn't respond. Messer had been threatened before and was acting in self defense. Did they do a drug test on those that got killed? I know it would be off the charts!!
mcg

United States

#9 Sep 15, 2008
No one deserves to die, especially at the hands of another person. I know for a fact that no one bothered to call the police until both guys were almost dead,it had to be a setup. Come on..look at how, when, and where it happened. All of these guys were known junkies/trouble makers...no wonder people talk about mingo county like they do...and the law does/did respond,they went out on these guys many times before, listen to your scanner,the night the shooting happened they were there all damn night. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get to marrowbone? Apparently not...both guys were probably dead before the ambulance knew where they were going...Dont talk about things that you know nothing about..unless you have worked as an officer,ems,911, or firefighter, you have absolutely no idea of what its like to do your job BY THE RULES and then have people talk shit about you and say that you didnt do anything to help..alot of times things happen before you have time to do anyhting about it..You should be GRATEFUL to have some of these workers because they work their asses off for this damn county and hardly ever get any recognition. So unless you think that you can do a better job, stop bashing the police and everyone else.
jdA

Millersville, MD

#10 Oct 16, 2008
stupid backwoods shufflefooted HILLBILLYS!
PTL

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2008
CREEK GURL wrote:
randall was a friend of mine and so was the two guys he killed he done it on self defense and im sad that the other two are gone but they deservced it..
I am glad someone is speaking u for Melvin Randell I have known him from a child his grandparents have camped with us for years. God knows what happen yes all this is sad but try to remember having compassion on others can never be wrong and someday we all be judge the way we judge. This has broken his grandparents heart. pray for all of the familys.
sss

Kinston, NC

#12 Oct 18, 2008
Actually Kentuckians are Hillbillies..WV is ridge runner....and like Canada is any better..
PTL wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad someone is speaking u for Melvin Randell I have known him from a child his grandparents have camped with us for years. God knows what happen yes all this is sad but try to remember having compassion on others can never be wrong and someday we all be judge the way we judge. This has broken his grandparents heart. pray for all of the familys.
a suggestion

Hurricane, WV

#13 Nov 8, 2008
jdA wrote:
What a way for someone from Canada to speak to us in WV. Canadians are the rudest people and think they know it all.
I would rather be a hillbilly than to know Dudley do Right, and let me say this someday you might need help from us Americans from what i read Russia maybe taking some land you think you have rights to . who you going to call for help than?
got her did

Marietta, OH

#14 Nov 8, 2008
Canada's not even a real country anyway, bunch of hockey watching, piss water beer drinking turds.
You dont know

Byesville, OH

#15 Dec 11, 2008
i knew Randall and his family. I dont think he should be serving anytime ... Let me tell you something if some man walked up in a house on you with tats on his arms of the people he had killed wouldnt you be scared and think you should defend yourself... cause i do.. i feel it was kill or be killed ... and yeah everyone can run their mouths and say crap until it happens to them or a close one.. No one said this wasnt a sad thing.. but YOU AINT NO ONE TO BE JUDGING !!!!
WVHickTown

Humble, TX

#16 Dec 23, 2008
It happened up Marrowbone Creek. I think there is alot more to this story that none of us will never know... IT WAS WRONG TO TAKE TWO LIVES, PERIOD! He could have just left. From what I do know, the deceased were actually just going to a party, and Messer happend to be there.. I don't think Messer was all by himself.. That's all i'm gonna say... He did wrong things before this, but never like this... Things were not investigated as much as they should have been...
a friend

AOL

#17 Dec 31, 2008
jdA wrote:
I hope you do know that it is illegal to call anyone a hillbilly. You can be sued for that comment you made. They can trace your ip and well you may call us stupid but left the comment in writing on the internet. That is really not a very smart thing to do. Apparently you arent aware that you can be traced on the computer. If someone is offended enough you will probably loose money and theres no way to deny you did it. Oh well good luck!
MIMI

Louisa, KY

#18 Jan 4, 2009
a lot of ppl have no clue what really happened, they werent just going to party, who the hell parties with someone that has been threatening you, i sure as hell dont, so that BS about them juss partyin is just that "BS", randall should have gotten self defense, i would have done the same thing, kill or be killed, and theres no way u can honestly say that you would juss walk away, who turns their back and walks away from someone who wants you dead???? ppl need to stop sayin sh*t if they dont know what their talkin bout!!!!!
MIMI

Louisa, KY

#19 Jan 4, 2009
I also think that "YES" some ppl deserve to die, like the idiots that walk up to ur house, threatening to kill you, and expect them not to shoot you...its crazy, they were kinda askin for it when they went there!!!
SISTER

Sutton, WV

#20 Jan 6, 2009
well clearly none of you know anything about this case or much about randall i know he was no angel but he was good person and would not have done this if he wasent scared for his life and trust me he was and is sorry for what he done and has to life with that ever day but i dont think he should have got the time he did but mingo county court house is a joke if you ask me but if i was him i would have done the same thing anyone would

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nation briefs: Cheney, Gonzales indicted in pri... (Nov '08) 7 hr Swedenforever 531
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 9 hr Ronald 3,012
Pennsylvania police hunting for survivalist wan... 11 hr Joe 1
Ky. has counties added to federal drug program Mon come on 1
Two people wounded in Far East El Paso drive-by... Mon Veronica Escobar 3
Widow of murdered Rumney chiropractor says fata... Sun Momof3 1
Coroner identifies Allentown shooting victim Sep 28 silly rabbit 6

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE