Granite City officer-involved shootin...

Granite City officer-involved shooting kills man

There are 28 comments on the KSDK-TV Saint Louis story from Jul 9, 2014, titled Granite City officer-involved shooting kills man. In it, KSDK-TV Saint Louis reports that:

An early morning officer-involved shooting resulted in the death of a man at a Granite City service station, according to Granite City Chief Richard Miller.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSDK-TV Saint Louis.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dumbdumb

Belleville, IL

#25 Jul 11, 2014
Elisa wrote:
<quoted text>You are utterly ignorant and offensive. Steve was my cousin. He was a kind, unassuming man. He leaves behind two beautiful daughters and a loving extended family. We are shocked and saddened by his passing.

I only hope you never suffer such a loss as this. And if you do, I hope you don't have to read asinine comments made by idiotic strangers.
This is GC topix. It gets worse. It's best to just stay away. I'm sorry for your loss
Laughing At You

Collinsville, IL

#26 Jul 11, 2014
If he was your cousin, you should have helped him. When someone gets to a point where they might take out a police officer, the police officer has every right to defend himself. He's got a family to go home too as well you know and his family cares about him as much as you supposedly did your cousin.

People need to stop blaming cops when all they try to do is finish their day alive.

Your cousin wanted to die apparently. Well, he got what he wanted and I'm glad it was him and not the police officer.
yes

Belleville, IL

#27 Jul 12, 2014
Laughing At You wrote:
If he was your cousin, you should have helped him. When someone gets to a point where they might take out a police officer, the police officer has every right to defend himself. He's got a family to go home too as well you know and his family cares about him as much as you supposedly did your cousin.

People need to stop blaming cops when all they try to do is finish their day alive.

Your cousin wanted to die apparently. Well, he got what he wanted and I'm glad it was him and not the police officer.
Agreed!
Notmehim

Tulsa, OK

#28 Jul 13, 2014
Elisa is right, Steve was a good man, unassuming and very kind. Those of us who knew him have an idea as to why based on knowing him, but his reasons are his own.
I will miss him
curious

Detroit, MI

#29 Jul 13, 2014
Who were the officers
Joester

Saint Louis, MO

#30 Jul 28, 2014
Such a shame to know they couldn't have at least winged him and got this guy some help. Then again I am glad that no opne else was hurt. This doesn't help Granite City gaining any polite positive new comers though.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31 Nov 18, 2014
I know this happened way back in July I just wanted to add this because of the "police must be hiding something" comments. Ok, when it comes to suicide's they normal do not give much info about the incident. Glorifying/putting to much info out about the suicides can sometimes cause a domino effect in mental health residences in the area. Not always but history has shown this to be true. The catch 22 here is with a suicide by cop incident. They have to share it because a public service person was involved. They risk copycat incidences from all over. No police officer want's to take someone's life.
unknown

Granite City, IL

#34 Nov 24, 2014
Hands up don't shoot. Police are getting abusive now days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 18-year-old accused in deadly southeast Missour... 2 hr Guest 4
News Brandon Cochran of Rochester charged in two hom... (Sep '10) 7 hr KNOWOFYOURBUSSINESS 24
News Suspects arraigned in Lowell murder (Sep '09) 16 hr Truth 91
News Four arrested in uptown protests after Keith Sc... 18 hr ThomasA 4
NBI PHILIPPINES - http://nbi.gov.ph (Nov '07) 21 hr margaritte 226
News Shaun Dowdy arrested at his home Tuesday night. (Feb '09) Thu Dubz 10
News DA to announce whether charges will be sought i... Wed Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web