Huntington Park cops shoot, kill unarmed robbery suspect

An investigation was under way today into an officer-involved shooting in which Huntington Park police pursued and fatally shot an armed-robbery suspect who turned out to be unarmed, authorities said. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Bonesaw

Riverside, CA

#1 Feb 9, 2009
he brought it on himself.
mrkds1

Moreno Valley, CA

#2 Feb 9, 2009
Another classic case of over zealous pigs taking their anger and frustration out on an unarmed minority. If its never about race, then can someone please explain to me why the pigs don't shoot unarmed white folks? And, once again, they investigate their own. We all know the outcome, they will be cleared of murder and it will be ruled a justifiable homicide. Then we will revisit this agin next month when another pig knows that he too will get away with murder.
los angeles riot

Reseda, CA

#3 Feb 9, 2009
well said bonesaw
get a life

United States

#4 Feb 9, 2009
What a joke! Is there any questions here? No! Innocent drivers pull over when the police turn on their lights. Criminals speed away. Then to stop in an alley and one guy bails out....well duh! Does the word GUILTY fit in here??? If he wasn't the hold up guy he, he was guilty of something. Great job Officers, righteous shooting.
Adios

Monterey Park, CA

#5 Feb 9, 2009
mrkds1..lemme get this right and I'll try to dumb it down for you. Unarmed minority commits a felony, victimizes the innocent, flees from police, and gets shot. Sounds like justice to me. One day this thug culture we've grown into will die.
get a life

United States

#6 Feb 9, 2009
mrkds1 wrote:
Another classic case of over zealous pigs taking their anger and frustration out on an unarmed minority. If its never about race, then can someone please explain to me why the pigs don't shoot unarmed white folks? And, once again, they investigate their own. We all know the outcome, they will be cleared of murder and it will be ruled a justifiable homicide. Then we will revisit this agin next month when another pig knows that he too will get away with murder.
Seems like YOU might be part of the problem there son. Please tell us what you would do if you see the lights of a Police car in your rear view mirror? Maybe, just maybe the "white folks" respect and abide by the LAW! And those that don't have the same out come as your minority fellow here. And just what do you think would have been the outcome if this young man had been the robber and had given himself up? He's still be alive right now! Personally with the legal system we have in place at the moment and the high cost of keeping a prisoner alive on tax payers money, I think was cheaper to end this way.He made a bad decision, but I'm willing to bet it was not his first!
Unbelievable

Glendale, CA

#7 Feb 9, 2009
If they would have been at Chipotle where they belong, this never would have happened. Or maybe they were at Chipotle about to enjoy a burrito and they got the call. Probably they were angry because there burrito break was interupted.
u r a joke

Brea, CA

#8 Feb 9, 2009
mrkds1, are you serious. Overzealous pigs! You are a complete waste of life and should be banned from breeding. It has nothing to do with race. Read the law, peace officers have the right to shoot a fleeing felon.
get a life

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2009
Unbelievable wrote:
If they would have been at Chipotle where they belong, this never would have happened. Or maybe they were at Chipotle about to enjoy a burrito and they got the call. Probably they were angry because there burrito break was interupted.
You're a jerk. Are you legal???? Maybe you're angry because you work there and when the Police Officers do come in to eat it interrupts your play time and you actually have to do something for your pay!!
Mickey

Pleasanton, CA

#10 Feb 9, 2009
I am so sick and tire of these pigs killing inocent people. What kind of exuse is that "they felt their lives were in danger" and opened fired. If this person was a white male, I am sure that the stupid cops would not have fired. They feel in danger when people are Latinos or African American. Shoot and those KKK's that are out there commiting crime.
rnvanquish

Temecula, CA

#11 Feb 9, 2009
mrkds1 wrote:
LOL, cops aren't out there killing unarmed white folk because unarmed white folk aren't out there committing armed robberies...at least not to the extent of the so-called "minorities"
We want the truth

Encino, CA

#12 Feb 9, 2009
Get a life & Adios,

It sounds like the two of you might be part of a whole different kind of problem. Regardless of what the the suspect/victim had done we still have a justice system (Albeit imperfect) that needs to be given a chance to play out. Yes, the alleged suspect did make a poor and costly decision but, for the police to open fire on an unarmed suspect is criminal. And let me remind you that it still hasn't been determined that he actually was the robbery suspect. At this point he was just a passenger in a vehicle that fit the description of the one involved. I can look down my block this instant and see several vehicles that are very similar if not identical in make, model, and color. Not uncommon when we have cookie cutter vehicles rolling off the assembly line. I also find it interesting that no one in the vehicle was arrested either. I'm assuming that while detained the police might have had the robbery victim try and identify any possible suspects or the vehicle. Again, they were let go.

So, until I see a law passed that says "you run, you die" I'm going to continue to believe officers should try to practice restraint and let the courts decided a suspects fate. Street justice on either side of the law enforcement fence is wrong.
Not Surprise

Pleasanton, CA

#13 Feb 9, 2009
These white folks need to go back to europe where they came from. This is mexican land, the gringos are the immigrants!!!!!!

“Just saying”

Since: Feb 09

Springfield, Il.

#14 Feb 9, 2009
Jaun Down more to go.

Since: Mar 08

Arcadia, CA

#15 Feb 9, 2009
Mickey wrote:
I am so sick and tire of these pigs killing inocent people. What kind of exuse is that "they felt their lives were in danger" and opened fired. If this person was a white male, I am sure that the stupid cops would not have fired. They feel in danger when people are Latinos or African American. Shoot and those KKK's that are out there commiting crime.
i am sick and tired of these gangs killing babys.gangs kill more then the police wakeup.

Since: Mar 08

Arcadia, CA

#16 Feb 9, 2009
Not Surprise wrote:
These white folks need to go back to europe where they came from. This is mexican land, the gringos are the immigrants!!!!!!
mexicans are the worst people we have in america they are the ones are here thats the problems
get a life

United States

#17 Feb 9, 2009
Mickey wrote:
Mickey, read #6. BTW are you make Latino or black American? Do you pull over when you see the lights of a Police car??? Or are you one of the tuff guys?
MexWoman

Redondo Beach, CA

#18 Feb 9, 2009
Everyone of you is UNBELIEVABLE, especially unbelievable. He wasn't EVEN part of the robbery, hence he wasn't a robbery suspect; you all jumped to the conclusion that because he was Hispanic that he was guilty. ALL OF YOU GET A LIFE!!
get a life

United States

#19 Feb 9, 2009
Mickey wrote:
I have an idea for you if you hate the PIGS so much, move to Mexico. I understand that the police are kind, considerate and thoughtful and always put you, the outstanding upright citizen first! I'm rather sure that if I'm too busy to pack your bags they are many POLICE OFFICERS that will gladly help you!
daniel de pacas

AOL

#20 Feb 9, 2009
there pigs till you need to call 911 for help !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 28 min Let us pray 16
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 3 hr Kettle 22
Hundreds march to protest recent grad jury deci... 3 hr cops are liars an... 7
'They Deserved It': The Repulsive Reaction to B... 3 hr Stop the war 16
Bill Kristol Expects Liberals To Have Same Mass... 4 hr Jeff Brightone 1
State police investigating officer-involved sho... 4 hr really 1
Father executes son for inappropriate touching ... (Nov '09) 5 hr Vengeance 7 266
More from around the web