Savannah business owner charged in em...

Savannah business owner charged in employee's shooting death

There are 47 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from Jul 23, 2008, titled Savannah business owner charged in employee's shooting death. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

The owner of Savannah Furniture Exchange was charged today with first-degree murder in connection to the fatal shooting of one of his employees outside his store on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
margie

Tullahoma, TN

#1 Jul 23, 2008
Qualls need the death . He took a young mans life and this is not the frist time i am charlies wifes aunt and this family wont to see him die just like he killed our loved one he dose not need to be housed and taken care of he needs death ,he deserves death. the law inforcement need to give us justis and show all others you cant kill people and get by with it the way he did the last time . KEN QUALS NEEDS TO DIE NOT BE HOUSED AND FEAD BY GOOD PEOPLES TAX MONEY.
Dead_Man_Walking

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2008
All you Saint Charlie fans can kiss my ass. I never said the man deserved to die. I said he had threatened a man & his child over a rumor. So that shows he too was capable of doing to someone else what Ken Qualls did to him. My understanding is that both of them did drugs & drank so neither one is better than the other!

To the person who said I might feel different if it were MY family member, well guess what? I've lost a mother,an uncle & a son to murder & guns!!! So shut the fuck up yourself since you know nothing about me. You can get off your Holy High Horse & kiss my ass as you dismount!!!

Half the people who commented are showing their lack of education & what ignorant hicks they are by rambling, misspellings, and typos.

I went to school with Ken & his brother too, so it's not like they were "nice only to someone who spent $ at their store". They were both good kids back then. Life changes people. If Ken is an abuser of drugs, alcohol & also a domestic abuser he certainly needs some mental health help & should have long ago.

Try SPELLCHECK too! Jeez!
LEIGHANN

Jackson, TN

#3 Jul 30, 2008
WHY DONT YALL JUST LEAVE IT ALONE
Get Over Yourself

United States

#4 Aug 9, 2008
Leighann, consider yourself lucky you aren't pregnant. Why don't YOU just leave it alone & stop writing in CAPS? It's considered SHOUTING just so you know. It's very rude and shows how you have no class, of course we already knew that.
If you're so broken up about all this why are you online answering everyone? When do you find time to grieve? Oh yes, that benefit: do you really think anyone will show up to provide you with more money to buy drugs? If Charlie was so "special" why do you need a benefit from those hard working people in Sav. who work for a living and don't waste money on drugs? Why should they support you or pay for a burial that is YOUR responsibility?
leighann garrard

Kingsport, TN

#5 Aug 10, 2008
i didnt ask no one to throw that benifet they took that apon there selfs to do in fact iwished that they have not of done it because i was worried about what someone like you might say i dont have to answer to noone but me and god above i know it is my responsibilty i am hurting more then any one of yoiu will every know yall dont make it no better on here talking this mess yall dont know me or him we wasnt on drugs like i said yall dont know me
U R All Losers

United States

#6 Aug 20, 2008
Since when were you ever worried about what someone might say Leighann? Shit fire girl, look what you were hanging out with, that right there tells a lot about you. Like,ummmmmm, you don't give a rats ass. What makes you think we don't know you? How dumb can you be anyway!
How much did you rake in on the benefit? Not much I bet....na na na na na naaaaaaaaaa
maegan garrard-siders

Memphis, TN

#7 Aug 20, 2008
so u want to run ur mouth to lee(U R ALL LOSERS).WELL,LET ME TELL U SOMETHING The benefit wasn't gave by my family.other people set that up.and also the money never went to her.in the first place.you need to back the f off leelee.she has lost the love of her life.the people that talk all this crap didn't know charlie and i bet u don't know lee.b/c if u did u would know that the benefits went great and rasied lots of money for the right reason.u people need to leave my family along...the GARRARD family is a proud familly and i will not stand back and let any one run charile or lee down.they had a good life together and now that he is gone.leeann still has her life to live and charlie would say that if he was here.this will be one of the hardest this she will ever do.so why sit and run her down.she has had more then what u would ever know on her.
who really knows you

Brandon, MS

#8 Oct 2, 2008
leighann garrard wrote:
i didnt ask no one to throw that benifet they took that apon there selfs to do in fact iwished that they have not of done it because i was worried about what someone like you might say i dont have to answer to noone but me and god above i know it is my responsibilty i am hurting more then any one of yoiu will every know yall dont make it no better on here talking this mess yall dont know me or him we wasnt on drugs like i said yall dont know me
well how is your new stand in at least he is a husband oh yah just not yours and he has 2 kids and what kind of sex issues was that we were all talking about how many women does he wont to see you with i heard his wife is crazy and shes going to treat you like the trashy whore you really are and its not hard to find out info on him or lee
Mine

Jackson, TN

#9 Aug 10, 2009
Wow! What are Ya'll people talkin about ? Charlie did'nt do anything but try to help Ken and his shitty drug business I mean furniture buisiness, in the first Damn place and of course everybody knows that the man or ( PIECE of SHIT ) is freakn
nuttier than a squirrel turd . Obviously the POS had an ulterior motive in the first place he's just not man enough to admit it . It was'nt just because of a little scrap metal the POS does'nt have to worry about $ that much I mean look who his parents are I mean come u freakn dumb FUCKS . Ya"ll really should'nt talk about shit you don't have a clue about in the first place . If you knew anything at all about Lee and Charlie first of all Charlie did'nt even drink . Smoking a little pot never made anybody go crazy like POS did or is . POS will get his in the long run so it does'nt even matter cept my friend is'nt here any more. Besides I think this is Leeann's life to live now so just FUCK OFF you sorry FUCKERS ! Oh if this affends you then in the words of my good friend FUCK YOU ! P.S. Have great southern day !
Jessie

United States

#10 Aug 11, 2009
don't you dumbasses know any one can put their name is lee ann and say something.... f*ck, from now on refer to me as Mr. Ken Qualls....
just someone

United States

#11 Aug 13, 2009
why don't you give it a rest it has been a year and still you are on here running off at the mouth it really does not matter what you say because noone can bring charlie back no matter how much we would like for that to happen it is not going to,,,so let him r.i.p..and leave him alone.we all love and miss him everyday as much or more than the day it happen,we love you charlie and we will see again i know we will...
just someone

United States

#12 Aug 13, 2009
why don't you leave it alone it has been over a year and no matter what you get on here and say he is not coming back so why don't you let him r.i.p. we all love and miss charlie more now than the day it happen no i guess you could say we miss him all the time,but i know we will see him again one day.. we love and miss you very much charlie and one day you will see us all again..have a good time in heaven duke boy we will see you there....
plumgreen

Lexington, TN

#14 Aug 20, 2009
U R All Losers wrote:
Since when were you ever worried about what someone might say Leighann? Shit fire girl, look what you were hanging out with, that right there tells a lot about you. Like,ummmmmm, you don't give a rats ass. What makes you think we don't know you? How dumb can you be anyway!
How much did you rake in on the benefit? Not much I bet....na na na na na naaaaaaaaaa
If you did not wont the money why did you take bumb.
plumgreen

Lexington, TN

#15 Aug 20, 2009
Mine wrote:
Wow! What are Ya'll people talkin about ? Charlie did'nt do anything but try to help Ken and his shitty drug business I mean furniture buisiness, in the first Damn place and of course everybody knows that the man or ( PIECE of SHIT ) is freakn
nuttier than a squirrel turd . Obviously the POS had an ulterior motive in the first place he's just not man enough to admit it . It was'nt just because of a little scrap metal the POS does'nt have to worry about $ that much I mean look who his parents are I mean come u freakn dumb FUCKS . Ya"ll really should'nt talk about shit you don't have a clue about in the first place . If you knew anything at all about Lee and Charlie first of all Charlie did'nt even drink . Smoking a little pot never made anybody go crazy like POS did or is . POS will get his in the long run so it does'nt even matter cept my friend is'nt here any more. Besides I think this is Leeann's life to live now so just FUCK OFF you sorry FUCKERS ! Oh if this affends you then in the words of my good friend FUCK YOU ! P.S. Have great southern day !
you are sorry as charlie.
plumgreen

Lexington, TN

#16 Aug 20, 2009
leighann garrard wrote:
i didnt ask no one to throw that benifet they took that apon there selfs to do in fact iwished that they have not of done it because i was worried about what someone like you might say i dont have to answer to noone but me and god above i know it is my responsibilty i am hurting more then any one of yoiu will every know yall dont make it no better on here talking this mess yall dont know me or him we wasnt on drugs like i said yall dont know me
why did you take the money then.
just someone

United States

#17 Aug 20, 2009
finally you are off the business of trashing the dead so now what is it time to trash the one that is left? anyway i just want to say that i hope that charlie can rest in peace now and everyone will leave him and leighanne alone because you can talk about her and him all you want but you know what nothing is going to change the fact that he is gone so why not let it go and move on to talking about someone else... i am not on here to make anyone mad but please let it be. he is gone and is not coming back so nothing you say hurts him it only hurts the ones that are still here dealing with living without one person we all loved and still love no matter what he did or did not do so let him r.i.p...we love and miss you "duke boy".....
haha

Shelbyville, TN

#18 Aug 21, 2009
just someone wrote:
finally you are off the business of trashing the dead so now what is it time to trash the one that is left? anyway i just want to say that i hope that charlie can rest in peace now and everyone will leave him and leighanne alone because you can talk about her and him all you want but you know what nothing is going to change the fact that he is gone so why not let it go and move on to talking about someone else... i am not on here to make anyone mad but please let it be. he is gone and is not coming back so nothing you say hurts him it only hurts the ones that are still here dealing with living without one person we all loved and still love no matter what he did or did not do so let him r.i.p...we love and miss you "duke boy".....
It looks as though you are the one that want leave it alone...boohoo..they are now trashing Charlie's wife the one who deserves the trashing..get a life..
just someone

United States

#19 Aug 24, 2009
all i have to say is why don't you get a life because i have one... i have left it alone because i do not get on her talking about people all i have to say is let charlie r.i.p and stop talking about him because he is not here to defend hisself.we love you charlie and we miss you!!!
savannah

Manchester, TN

#20 Nov 22, 2009
what happened to that money that the judge gave leighann after the trial? I hear she got quite a bit of money

“Avatar”

Since: Oct 09

This one

#21 Nov 22, 2009
OMG You people are so sad, You will all face God! I hope he understands your thoughts and ill speakings on here. I mean OMG, I hope the best for you all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 43 min INFIDEL 1,885
News Shooting suspect stole woman's car during robbe... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 1
News Man Accused of Shooting at Rochester Police Off... 2 hr Yankee Dave 8
News Pregnant woman shot, learning to walk again 13 hr commenters 1
News Binghamton man charged in 2010 murder on Longa Thu Cletus 4
News Maryville man indicted on murder, other charges (Feb '08) Thu Gcollins 46
News Mayfield up for parole for 1985 murder (Mar '09) Wed Reg Dunbar 969
More from around the web