Karen Nolan: Face down on Florida

Karen Nolan: Face down on Florida

There are 40 comments on the The Reporter story from Jul 17, 2013, titled Karen Nolan: Face down on Florida. In it, The Reporter reports that:

I have dreaded this week since I made the appointment with the ophthalmologist six weeks ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#23 Jul 20, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Check again. He had large screwdrivers and pliers in his backpack. It was not allowed as evidence in the Zimmerman trial but neither was evidence of trayvon martins extensive history of drug use including the night he thought he was a tough guy.
He was a good boy, turning his life around. The tools just happened to be useful in burglaries --- a mere coincidence!--- but he was actually first in his general home repair class at his technical school where he started a “help the needy” and was headed to an old widow’s house to fix, for free, her electrical problems and plumbing problems so she could have heat, light, and running water once again. He got the marijuana in his system from his giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a weeded-out homeless person who was “coding.” That was just after becoming Eagle Scout where his final project was raising over $2 billion for foster children by donating his cancer cure to a local hospital.

Since: Aug 10

Vacaville, CA

#24 Jul 20, 2013
Breslau wrote:
through the filter of racism. He used pot a couple of times a week, no more than most teenagers his age and if he had a backpack full of tools, where was it in the pictures from the store and where was it at the scene of the murder. I get it he is black so therefore he must be a criminal. No further explanation is needed
Nice try but no cigar. Not only did he smoke pot an a regular basis but he also took combinations of over the counter drugs that when combined have similar effects to LSD. He also had a history of abuseing stolen prescription drugs. This was confirmed through autopsy results that showed severe liver damage.

The tools were INSIDE his packpack.
Jairy All Of

United States

#25 Jul 20, 2013
Adam Lambert wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a good boy, turning his life around. The tools just happened to be useful in burglaries --- a mere coincidence!--- but he was actually first in his general home repair class at his technical school where he started a “help the needy” and was headed to an old widow’s house to fix, for free, her electrical problems and plumbing problems so she could have heat, light, and running water once again. He got the marijuana in his system from his giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a weeded-out homeless person who was “coding.” That was just after becoming Eagle Scout where his final project was raising over $2 billion for foster children by donating his cancer cure to a local hospital.
lol. Classic!
Breslau

Vacaville, CA

#26 Jul 20, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try but no cigar. Not only did he smoke pot an a regular basis but he also took combinations of over the counter drugs that when combined have similar effects to LSD. He also had a history of abuseing stolen prescription drugs. This was confirmed through autopsy results that showed severe liver damage.
The tools were INSIDE his packpack.
A flathead screwdriver, that was it. So I guess everyone who carries a screwdriver should watch out because it is a burglary tool. So I guess you are getting his background information from faux news, because there is no actual evidence of what your are posting. I love how you demonize the victim. Funny how his family shows such class in all of this and how that speaks to the great family they are but you on the other hand seem to derive great joy in spewing lies about their son with no actual facts.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#27 Jul 20, 2013
"A flathead screwdriver, that was it. So I guess everyone who carries a screwdriver should watch out because it is a burglary tool..."

Yes, coupled with intent (and in some states past history) a screwdriver is a burglary tool in FL, CA, and several states....
Breslau

Vacaville, CA

#28 Jul 20, 2013
So it was irrevelant. Can't prove intent and was not part of the trial. All these accusations are just accusations..no proof just speculation. So carrying a screw driver is a crime but shooting an unarmed man is not. No logic in that

Vacaville, CA

#29 Jul 21, 2013
Breslau wrote:
<quoted text>
A flathead screwdriver, that was it. So I guess everyone who carries a screwdriver should watch out because it is a burglary tool. So I guess you are getting his background information from faux news, because there is no actual evidence of what your are posting. I love how you demonize the victim. Funny how his family shows such class in all of this and how that speaks to the great family they are but you on the other hand seem to derive great joy in spewing lies about their son with no actual facts.
Good job, your research turned up a screwdriver finally so go ahead and continue your homework and you will find the evidence of his cronic drug abuse.

Remember, it was only a day ago you were sure that he didn't have any tools at all so maybe you should start watching Fox news.
Fred in VV

Vacaville, CA

#30 Jul 21, 2013
<hic> I mix Philip's Milk of Magnesia and vodka for a Philips screwdriver; tastes good, settles my stomach, and makes me feel nice and warm inside. <hic>
Oh Bubby, did you read this letter to the editor? it's well written. You know the letter you have continually posted for months? The letter you can't get enough of? The letter you love to hate?
----------
The political poison in the opening sentence of Danette Mitchell's column ("Get a handle on poverty," May 18) referring to bipartisan congressional hearings as "gotcha games" ruined what could have been an interesting column about poverty and how various programs are addressing the needy.
After reading that first sentence, the rest of her column was merely a back story to what Mitchell must have had on her mind when penning her weekly column. With her deep credentials and vast experience in writing, I would think Mitchell would have noticed this or that someone at The Reporter might have brought it to her attention.
Perhaps finding out the truth wherever the stories take us in a time of ethical poverty by this administration isn't as important to Mitchell as marginalizing inquiring minds that might find out facts that Mitchell doesn't really want to know.
Jerry O.
Vacaville
----------
I doubt you could ever put together two or three sentences that are good enough to be published in any newspaper which explains why you love Topix so much. The sheep never complain either.
----------
Time for a drink...
Breslau

Vacaville, CA

#31 Jul 21, 2013
Still irrevelant in the trial. I was originally speaking of evidence in the trial and the "tool" you speak of was not evidence of anything. I know you need to find justification for shooting an unarmed man.

Vacaville, CA

#32 Jul 21, 2013
Breslau wrote:
Still irrevelant in the trial. I was originally speaking of evidence in the trial and the "tool" you speak of was not evidence of anything. I know you need to find justification for shooting an unarmed man.
You need to go back and reread posts 20 and 21. You stated that he did not have any tools and I stated that he did in fact have burglary type tools and a vast history of drug use. Sadly this was not allowed as evidence in the Zimmerman trial because the entire agenda was to paint Martin as some type of a choir boy that never did anything wrong. Why else would the lamestream media keep putting up photos of Trayvon as a younger and younger boy? If the trial would have gone on a couple more weeks they would probably be putting up photos of him in diapers.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#33 Jul 21, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Where exactly in my post did I mention or imply anything about race.You Jer are the one who is all about race. But what can we expect from an old fat bald white guy who pretends to be black in the comment. Forums.
Race? Your whole life is about race. White guy? I'll be under oath you'd admit to using the N word like Paula Dean. Better not go under oath, you might lose all your sheep contracts.
Needa Spell

Fairfield, CA

#34 Jul 21, 2013
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Race? Your whole life is about race. White guy? I'll be under oath you'd admit to using the N word like Paula Dean. Better not go under oath, you might lose all your sheep contracts.
Now you're Antwan? Give us a break.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#35 Jul 21, 2013
Now you've gone from Breslau to Needa Spell. Give me a break.

----------

The political poison in the opening sentence of Danette Mitchell's column ("Get a handle on poverty," May 18) referring to bipartisan congressional hearings as "gotcha games" ruined what could have been an interesting column about poverty and how various programs are addressing the needy.
After reading that first sentence, the rest of her column was merely a back story to what Mitchell must have had on her mind when penning her weekly column. With her deep credentials and vast experience in writing, I would think Mitchell would have noticed this or that someone at The Reporter might have brought it to her attention.
Perhaps finding out the truth wherever the stories take us in a time of ethical poverty by this administration isn't as important to Mitchell as marginalizing inquiring minds that might find out facts that Mitchell doesn't really want to know.
Jerry O.
Vacaville

---------

BTW Bob, here is that letter you can't get enough of. LOL!
Randal

Vacaville, CA

#37 Jul 21, 2013
JER wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be a hater NS your mom didn't complain when she was bent over my desk.lol
Dance little monkey, dance!
JER

Vacaville, CA

#39 Jul 21, 2013
JER wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hate me because your spouse prefers the purple crayon.
More projection...

Vacaville, CA

#40 Jul 21, 2013
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Race? Your whole life is about race. White guy? I'll be under oath you'd admit to using the N word like Paula Dean. Better not go under oath, you might lose all your sheep contracts.
Yeah you're right Jer, I am a white guy, the same as you. Although I am not fat and bald like you nor do I try to pretend that I am black to comment on Topix.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#41 Jul 21, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you're right Jer, I am a white guy, the same as you. Although I am not fat and bald like you nor do I try to pretend that I am black to comment on Topix.
Cite your source meat head.

United States

#45 Jul 22, 2013
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Cite your source meat head.
Look at your own State Farm website, that is my source. You can also look to your yelp listing where you wrote yourself a review posing as Maximus V. as more proof of just how much of a moron you are.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#46 Jul 22, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your own State Farm website, that is my source. You can also look to your yelp listing where you wrote yourself a review posing as Maximus V. as more proof of just how much of a moron you are.
Who? There you go again with your insurance rant. Jesus, if you want to work for an insurance company, sell off your sheep and go get a job.

United States

#47 Jul 23, 2013
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Who? There you go again with your insurance rant. Jesus, if you want to work for an insurance company, sell off your sheep and go get a job.
Nice try Jer but no cigar. There you go again with your sheep fetish, you really should seek professional help for that.

I have no doubt that I could do a much better job selling insurance than you do but I still don't want to do it since it would be such an enormous cut in pay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Valley View: Allentown's violent year 12 hr weapon X 4
News Prosecutor tampered with Jarrad Beard's sentenc... (Jan '13) 14 hr Cheryl tucker 8
Columbus Ohio Making A Run At The Record? 22 hr fat tired old and... 1
News Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) Tue Karma is a bitch 133
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... (Apr '17) Tue Buck Naked 8
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... Tue Enter Username 12
News Police Investigate Fatal Shooting (Mar '07) Tue LailaWilson_stoney 23
More from around the web