Seeking the Death Penalty for Jonatha...

Seeking the Death Penalty for Jonathan Burns

There are 47 comments on the KFYI-AM Phoenix story from Apr 9, 2007, titled Seeking the Death Penalty for Jonathan Burns. In it, KFYI-AM Phoenix reports that:

Jonathan Ian Burns, 25, is accused of killing Jackie Hartman, 19, after she agreed to go out on a date with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFYI-AM Phoenix.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Leah

Madison, WI

#41 Jul 20, 2011
Playing God wrote:
When did any of you become god? If u think he did it and you want him put to death how are you any better! YOU'RE NOT! No one knows what went down that night other than the people there! So to put a person to death on speculation is no better than the crime you say he did!
Don't you think Casey Anthony or John Burn's was "playing God" when they murdered their children? Death penalty is "consequences for your actions".

If you don't want the death penalty, don't commit murder!
Vera

Stuttgart, Germany

#42 Jul 20, 2011
Ed's: you're right. But I really don't think anyone should involve Hitler in this discussion. It was an era full of hate and racism and we should have gotten over it.
@ all the others who want to see "Burns burning in hell"
Please keep in mind that Jesus preached to exercise clemecy and grace of charity. The Lord will forgive those who sinned and who are you not to follow our Lord's advices? Who are you to judge someone? How can you KNOW what happened that night? Only the murderer, Jacky and God knows. In my eyes the evidences against Burns are not sufficient but I only know what the media distributed. You are just crying out for killing Burns because you think you might find peace. But I bet you won't. There will always be that blankness inside you which you felt for the first time when Jacky was missing. Even if you go on a rampage and kill everyone who caused trouble for Jacky it won't take away the blankness.
reasonable doubt Yes

Hardyville, VA

#43 Nov 29, 2011
WOW Im not sure if making a comment so far past the last is going to even be seen? I cant just read this blog and not comment on a topic so very close to my heart. No death by government is ever a step up in our attempts to ever evolve into a world that we will be proud to leave for our childrens children etc. The 1% "Ray Krone" that is convicted, sentenced to death, and Murdered because they themselves did not commit the crime but payed the price with their life NO WAY. This case is not based on DNA its based on emotions and speculations has anyone even looked into Mandi Smith who is serving time, who did buy the gun used in this murder who was in a broken relationship with Burns and I might add was very jelous, and had the motive, weapon, and time to also commit this murder? Reasonable doubt is the name of this case and Death-by government will not bring back Jackie Hartman. In memory of Miss Hartman I would like to offer many prayers for her family and may with God will they find peace..NO DEATH BY STATE is my stand..
Jorden

Scottsdale, AZ

#45 Jun 18, 2012
i spent countles hours with randi (jackies younger sister)serching the desert on foot and horse back. it was heart breaking. this man took jakies life and she was so young!! it was horrible looking for her knowing that every moment looking was another moment we may have found her. all though we did not i am blessed i was not the one to see her the way she was found. this man took her life he deserves thee same.
AZ DOC Officer

Lynchburg, VA

#46 Feb 5, 2013
To "Playing God" Are you serious right now? Speculation? Look at the facts of the case...
And,
You say "So to put a person to death on speculation is no better than the crime you say he did!"
I wonder what crime Shit for brains Burns speculated Jackie (God rest her soul) did? And what right did he have to play "GOD" that night?

To the Heartman Family,
God bless you, Jackie, her soul and memory..
Eds

Phoenix, AZ

#48 Sep 8, 2013
chuck_tempe wrote:
i can hear the "right to life" people complaining about the death penalty already.
why should someone who commits murder sit in jail for the rest of his/her life?
they obviously didn't care enough for the person they MURDERED!!!
murderers should pay the ultimate penalty - they should not be living themselves.
do you really think that the prison system will reform them??
to do what? become citizens of society again?
bring back the wild west, maybe people would think twice about committing criminal acts.
scum like this should not breed either.
that family tree needs it's branches trimmed.
The death penalty serves only revenge, costs several times what life can and errors are made. That's why no DP.
Prison is punishment not reform.
Deterrence is a farce, as we increase or decrease the rate of execution so does the murder rate increase and decrease in murders in no consistent statistically significant way. People know what's in store and they still commit murder; murderers don't care if they will get caught or think they won't, so you can't deter people like that.
Eds

Phoenix, AZ

#49 Sep 8, 2013
Keith DePriest Phoenix AZ wrote:
Ed's I get it since you talk so much of Nazism and racism CRAP.
You must be a La Raza jerk off and study the false history of reconquista. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha...
I'm done with you. Your just a parasite that means nothing, I laugh to your FACE..........
look at the hate you spew. Hate = death penalty. I'll keep it short and sweet: tell me the DP is ok after reading about this and all the other overzealous works of the CA office all over the country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Krone

If you had your way a great and innocent American would be long dead and appeals deemed moot. How about the next mess this office perpetuated that is now before the court: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Milke

Clearly innocent to me. That's the problem with the DP, no chance to right a wrong. Most people convicted are guilty, but some get framed by dirty or lazy cops and prosecutors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 people charged in drive-by 1 hr Judge Roy Bean 3
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 1 hr Danny Carranza 106
News West Plains student is charged with threatening... (Dec '12) Sun elf 52
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... Sun inbred Genius 57
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Sun Steven Deaks 65
News Police say Omak shooting shows gangs are gettin... (May '09) Aug 19 kosher nostra 23
News Police say camouflage suit linked Oklahoma teen... Aug 18 elmerfudd 1
More from around the web