Lawndale gang member is convicted in attack on teen

There are 20 comments on the Apr 29, 2008, Daily Breeze story titled Lawndale gang member is convicted in attack on teen. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

The Torrance Superior Court jury deliberated one day before finding Gilbert Espinoza, 32, guilty of three counts each of attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Dano

El Segundo, CA

#1 Apr 29, 2008
Couldn't this guy have pulled a gun on the TPD? It hurts to know our tax dollars will support this POS in prison. It would be better for the human race for this productive, fine citizen to have gone home to a better place. But maybe someone in prison that isn't where he's from will take care of him?
lee

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Apr 29, 2008
I wonder how these gangs, and gang members, would equate to the old west vigilante justice, using some of the tactics that they use. Except the vigilantes would just hang them on a tree or lamp post, and let them hang there for a while, as an example. Bet ther would be a lot less intimating looks. extorion, intimidation, and a lot less drugs, and crime.
Llee
bootzy

Venice, CA

#5 Apr 29, 2008
Whoa, this happened VERY VERY close to my house. Sure is getting and seems to be staying Bad around here.
have a heart

Long Beach, CA

#7 Apr 29, 2008
you know none of you great people even know this man and none of you were at his trial so you don't even know what even happened, how do you know if he even did it, you know because our tax dollars also go to kurupt police officers and kurupt judges and to leave this man's life in the hands of some random people that don't know him or what he's done in his life
lee

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Apr 29, 2008
have a heart wrote:
you know none of you great people even know this man and none of you were at his trial so you don't even know what even happened, how do you know if he even did it, you know because our tax dollars also go to kurupt police officers and kurupt judges and to leave this man's life in the hands of some random people that don't know him or what he's done in his life
Where have you been living? don't you look out side,and see the streets.
Idiots

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Apr 29, 2008
There are a bunch of gangs in the harbor area and redondo is hated by many, this guy didnt do it they just want someone to pin it on,
Idiots

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Apr 29, 2008
lETS SEE HOW YOU FEEL WHEN UR FAMILY IS FALSELY ACCUSED
his wifey

Pacific Palisades, CA

#14 Apr 29, 2008
Dano wrote:
Couldn't this guy have pulled a gun on the TPD? It hurts to know our tax dollars will support this POS in prison. It would be better for the human race for this productive, fine citizen to have gone home to a better place. But maybe someone in prison that isn't where he's from will take care of him?
you stupid idiots,do any of you people know him??
no u don't.That man you are talking about is my husband and father of 4 boys.He did'nt even do this crime.He just happened to go to a racist court.So why don't you stupid ass people just keep your comments to yourself.Oh and as foe ICE raiding our house ...lmao that aint going to happen.Go get a life!And a job so you can keep paying your taxes for your kurupt ass white justice system
usc steve

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2008
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Torrance rocks wrote:
Pull that crap in my area and see what happens, Torrance would have shot him in the head and then laughed about it at lunch...stupid latino POS. I hope ICE raids his house and deports his entire family
his wifey

Pacific Palisades, CA

#17 Apr 29, 2008
TED wrote:
PUT HIS A@$ TO SLEEP!
Idiot! Put your self to sleep .
his wifey

Pacific Palisades, CA

#20 Apr 29, 2008
Native SOL wrote:
Dude your 32 and they are 14?
Dude,he's innocent
lee

United States

#22 Apr 29, 2008
Every dude in "The Big House"is innocent. Wifey is he a gang member from glendale? All gang members are innocent, right! Well how stupid do you think "joe Plublic" is? 32 years old with 4 kids, what the hell is he doing running around playing gang banger. Oh yes i remember all gang members are innocent
Dee

Alpine, CA

#24 Apr 29, 2008
Don't listen to these uneducated people. Pray for there stupidity. He's innocent, and with time it will be proven. People shouldn't speak about things that they really know nothing about, he is a husband, father and a friend. God bless his family, I wish you the best. Hopefully friends and family can be there for you during this painful time in you life.
And for all you people with negative, hurtful things to say, step back for a minute, has it made your day better? Really pathetic !
lynn

Norwalk, CA

#25 Apr 29, 2008
he is a gang member that says it all. piece of cr--.
usc steve

United States

#26 Apr 29, 2008
yeah he did but i didnt want to put it in ...didnt wanna bring god or religion into the mix ..people get crazy when you do that
Native SOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt he say may god have mercy on your soul? WHAT A GREAT MOVIE!!!
usc steve

United States

#27 Apr 29, 2008
tell us what happened then - let me guess he tripped and actualy fired the gun into some kids back
his wifey wrote:
<quoted text>
POS?!Stop judging people !Do you even know what happened?NO! You dont POS.YoU did'nt sit in that courtroom and hear the story.DID YOU!?POS!Do you know him?NO! again."DiD he do it"you ask??NO ! you did'nt ask did you?POS!You are just quick to judge someone you don't know.GeT A freakin life Dick! Take your dumb ass back to work so that you can support my husband until I get him oput on an appeal. POS!
Gang Life

Pacific Palisades, CA

#28 Apr 29, 2008
I grew up with a brother in "Lawndale" and although I didn't hear about this story or the "real" story I do know that if your in the gang life you are pretty much up to no good and I know the history about all the Lawndale boys having issues with the Redondo Boys and the Gardena Boys and so on....
They have a need to belong because they have not had something in their life that has made them feel wanted or whatever the reason is why they are in a gang to begin with. All I know is if he is from Glendale, why was he down here and if he has 4 kids why is he running the streets??
I grew up with these guys asking that same question to non "Lawndale" members "where are you from or where do you claim?? Such bull shit!!!
Yes hes probably innocent on this case but I am sure it makes up for all the others they didn't catch him doing??
When they choose to be in gangs there is a certain code they live by and their not in a gang to have fund raisers or help the needy or even serve the community. They are in gangs to serve one purpose and we all know what that is?
My brother doesn't bang anymore, hes in his 40's and although he still goes Back and forth to prison periodically to visit his homies for 6 months at a time, he goes back for violations from being a 2 striker since he was about 20 years old and back them it was for attempted murder 2 times if I recall correct, no these days it because he is now just a tweaker.
Yup! The gang life is wonderful isn't it?? And wifey I am sure your children will grow up just as their daddy has and think the same way about the gang life??
My 2 kids grew up in Redondo Beach and although I am half spanish they are just a quarter they seem to think that they are full blooded Mexicans and the gang life is so wonderful only because the friends that their ass hold father allowed them to have are in gangs. They see more than I ever did and what I did see growing up has made me so ANTI gang that its so sad to me that they think the gang life is so great when it offers nothing but heartache to the innocent ones such as your children wifey??
I am sure you know exactly what I am referring to, don't you??
Who's the real victims here, your husband or your children?
By the way all you racist people or those of you that think you know anything really about the world or her world keep it to yourself because I am pretty sure you don't know shit!
lee

United States

#29 Apr 29, 2008
Dee wrote:
Don't listen to these uneducated people. Pray for there stupidity. He's innocent, and with time it will be proven. People shouldn't speak about things that they really know nothing about, he is a husband, father and a friend. God bless his family, I wish you the best. Hopefully friends and family can be there for you during this painful time in you life.
And for all you people with negative, hurtful things to say, step back for a minute, has it made your day better? Really pathetic !
Dee i take objection to uneducated people. you don't have to be a rocket engineer to see that these gangs out there on the streets are killers, drug pushers, and so on, so who is uneducated, they are why else would they preaders on kids and ones that can't defend themselfs, they run in groups, they carry guns,knives,and clubs. i don't. i don't go arround killing people, or selling drugs.
Dee

Alpine, CA

#30 Apr 29, 2008
lee wrote:
<quoted text>Dee i take objection to uneducated people. you don't have to be a rocket engineer to see that these gangs out there on the streets are killers, drug pushers, and so on, so who is uneducated, they are why else would they preaders on kids and ones that can't defend themselfs, they run in groups, they carry guns,knives,and clubs. i don't. i don't go arround killing people, or selling drugs.
I'm proud of you. Do you know this whole story? Do you know the family's involved? Or are you just making judgement. Do you always believe everything you read or hear? Think about this has anyone ever said anything about you that wasn't true?
SloMo

United States

#31 Apr 29, 2008
Here's a simple solution to the Gang problem: STOP Illiegal Immigration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gangs in Jacksonville 3 hr discocrisco 1
News Source: Drive-By Shooting During Baltimore Riots 3 hr ArtSwenson 1
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... 6 hr Truth and Facts 43
News 2 Gary Men Charged With Shooting 12-Year-Old Girl (Jul '08) 7 hr jeff 4
News Thousands remember slain IU student in 2 vigils 9 hr No doubt 1
News Officer charged with murder after shooting man ... 11 hr Minneserable 338
News Editorial: Accept grand jury's decision in poli... 11 hr Zeppelin 1
More from around the web