No charges for Robbins cop in family-related slaying

The Cook County medical examiner's office Tuesday morning identified the dead man as Cornel McKinney of the 6100 block of South Langley Avenue. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truck Driver

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Feb 18, 2008
Another cop Murder justified, Hey new TOP COP, what's up?
Bye Bye

Elkhart, IN

#2 Feb 18, 2008
Truck Driver wrote:
Read the story Goober..
EX HOFFMAN

Plainfield, IL

#3 Feb 18, 2008
Somebody has to take out the trash right! He is just saving taxpayer’s court cost and time. Draw down on a cop, and you should be taken out immediately and permanently! THANKS TOP COP!
Truck Driver wrote:
Right

Pleasanton, CA

#4 Feb 18, 2008
You weren't there. You must think EVERY police shooting is a murder. Your bias is evident.
TOPCOP GOOD

Plainfield, IL

#5 Feb 18, 2008
Do you keep arms in your rig "Truck Driver" - to shoot deer in Wisconsin? If you have ever been in Robins, you would know that you need to decide quickly what to do in this mans situation; hesitation means your dead instead Fred. Harvey Illinois is the opposite it should be the citizen that shoots first; or your dead Fred! Gotta know your areas?

Truck Driver wrote:
just southern

United States

#6 Feb 18, 2008
What we have here now folks is another 'good' criminal. LOL
Jack

Carmel, IN

#7 Feb 18, 2008
They should've stood back to back, took ten paces , turned and then fired.
keith smedger

Aurora, IL

#8 Feb 18, 2008
What does the new "top cop" have to do with the Robbins police department? Is it just me or does he have absolutely nothing to do with it? Completely different city?
barbara

Northbrook, IL

#9 Feb 18, 2008
From what I read this man have every right to defend himself. If someone was aiming a gun at you, would't you defend yourself? I know I would.
Jack

Carmel, IN

#10 Feb 18, 2008
keith smedger wrote:
What does the new "top cop" have to do with the Robbins police department? Is it just me or does he have absolutely nothing to do with it? Completely different city?
The guy who wrote that is a truck driver, therefore he has no sense of boundary.
JJJ

United States

#12 Feb 18, 2008
I knew Cornell.. and this is crap!!! That cop didn't shoot him in self defense. This cop needs to go to jail. Enough is enough!
TOP COP

Plainfield, IL

#13 Feb 18, 2008
I was writing back to the writer who called himself "truck driver". Learn how to comprehend the English language fool!

The guy who wrote that is a truck driver, therefore he has no sense of boundary.
more bs

South Holland, IL

#14 Feb 18, 2008
why did the idot have a gun ..good for him to get shot. another idiot with a pistol off the street..i love how people are upset when a person gets shot by a police officer but cry for police officers to shoot a man that breaks in THEIR home and wish they could shoot him..people are such cry babbies and want to talk bs until the situation is turned on them
Jeeez

Des Plaines, IL

#17 Feb 18, 2008
An autopsy is schedual for today.I think I can save all that cutting,He died of LEAD poisoning.
Jeeez

Des Plaines, IL

#18 Feb 18, 2008
pigs wrote:
in**
Not you again,please take your meds and go back to bed,will ya,or you're parents might catch you on the computer,now go.
A Kahn

United States

#19 Feb 18, 2008
pigs wrote:
another pig gets away with murder..only ion the good ol us of a
This is why we have these police problems in Chicago, you think no matter what just because a nice black man was arguing with another nice black man with a gun waving all around, and a police officer says HEY what's going on? and the nice black man with the gun points the gun at the nice police office...I wonder how the other nice black man feels now that he is still alive.
Truth

United States

#20 Feb 18, 2008
It's so easy for people to judge a situation when they know nothing about it. None of you were there, so you cannot judge the police officer, nor the man that was killed. Rather it was self defense or a domestic situation, a mother just lost a son, a wife just lost a husband, and children have lost a father. So instead of talking about this tragedy, just pray for the family and all who are involved.
REAL TALK

Mukwonago, WI

#22 Feb 19, 2008
FIRST OF ALL REST IN PEACE CORNELL! I DON'T KNOW IF THIS STORY IS TRUE BUT I DO KNOW POLICE STICK TOGETHER! SO YOU THINK ABOUT IT... IF CORNELL WAS ACTING THE WAY DESCRIBED, WHY WOULD YOU(THE WIFE) CALL YOUR EX-HUSBAND INSTEAD OF THE POLICE???? SO THIS MAKES ME THINK.... ANOTHER BROTHER LOST HIS LIFE NOT BECAUSE HE HAD A GUN, BUT BECAUSE A WOMAN,(HIS WIFE) CALLED HER EX KNOWING THEY PROBABLY DIDN'T GET ALONG IN THE FIRST PLACE.
DEAD OVER A FEMALE'S STUPID ACTIONS? OR DEAD BECAUSE HE HAD A GUN? WELL WIFEY, HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW KNOWING YOU MADE THE PHONE CALL THAT TOOK YOUR KIDS FATHER AWAY? I'M NOT JUSTIFYING CORNELL'S ACTIONS, I'M JUST MAKING A POINT, THINK BEFORE YOU DO THINGS, THE CHOICE YOU MAKE CAN BE LIFE CHANGING, OR SHOULD I SAY LIFE ENDING IN THIS CASE. I'LL PRAY FOR YOU! YOU NEED IT. I'LL ALSO PRAY FOR YOU CHILDREN AND HOPE YOU TAKE THEM TO COUNSELING BECAUSE OF THE RIFF THAT'S GOING TO COME UP BETWEEN THEM LATER, " YOUR DADDY KILLED MY DADDY" HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE!
GOD BLESS YOU LADY, YOU NEED IT RIGHT NOW.
Kids

Chicago, IL

#23 Feb 19, 2008
This is just another cowardly act of a cop that does even belong in Chicago. If his ex-wife called him to come over, she knew the consequences. That cop should of brought a supervisor or a witness. I think he had motive because that was his ex-wife and children. Mr. McKinney worked for a good company and if you interview his co-workers they will tell you he was a hard working man. Motive is all clear in this investigation. I hope justice will be serve a lock up that Robbins cop. Top Cop my behind. Dirty cops like this should be put in jail just like any other civilian that commits a crime escpecially shooting the poor guy four times. JUSTICE WILL BE SERVE and I hope his ex-wife learned her lesson. People should she the motive and stop defending these dirty cops......
Kids

Chicago, IL

#24 Feb 19, 2008
more bs wrote:
why did the idot have a gun ..good for him to get shot. another idiot with a pistol off the street..i love how people are upset when a person gets shot by a police officer but cry for police officers to shoot a man that breaks in THEIR home and wish they could shoot him..people are such cry babbies and want to talk bs until the situation is turned on them
What news channel are you watching. This dirty cop had a motive. Hello his ex-wife and Kids. Why couldn't the wife call a Chicago police officer instead of her ex-husband. That dirty cop will get what he deserves JAIL time because their is plenty of motive for him. Its his word against a innocent dead man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man 'Cooked' Ex-Girlfriend's Dog And Fed It To Her 7 min Brilliant 6
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 40 min harmonious 2,639
Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) 10 hr Tina Marie 19
Motion hearing in Saad case pushed back to Oct.... Sat Steve 1
School to begin in Chicago with more safety guards Sat WELL GOLLEEE JETHRO 5
Hendersonville teen car burglar was former foot... Sat Website Operator 2
Shooting stays with officer for 20 years [The H... Sat akamai 9
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••