West Virginia sheriff shot dead, susp...

West Virginia sheriff shot dead, suspect wounded

There are 31 comments on the Reuters story from Apr 3, 2013, titled West Virginia sheriff shot dead, suspect wounded. In it, Reuters reports that:

A drug-fighting West Virginia sheriff was shot to death as he ate lunch in his car on Wednesday and the suspected gunman was wounded and captured after a chase, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mountain Moon

Prestonsburg, KY

#29 Apr 6, 2013
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Arrested for what? Being happy that a pig is dead? I'm not going to hurt or kill anyone myself.
You're insensitive but worse than anything you're a fool. You apparently think because you didn't pull the trigger that you have no blood on your hands. You are deluded. People with attitudes like yours contribute to a environment in Southern West Virginia that motivates people to violence. Stop pretending you're some innocent bystander. Your very soul is decayed and as long as we have people like you in our community, we are a troubled population.
lol

Charleston, WV

#30 Apr 7, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's $20 dollars and you can have this post removed and names traced through your ip or cell carrier!!
For $20 Topix would set itself up for a slam dunk privacy lawsuit? Sweet.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#31 Apr 7, 2013
Sad story...
Hillbilly Jim

Prestonsburg, KY

#32 Apr 7, 2013
Golliwog wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are in pain, go to your doctor.
If your doctor wont give you anything for your pain is because you are a druggie. Then you need to go to rehab.
Very good reply. The poster sounds mentally and physically sick and would be doing themselves a favor going to rehab. I hope he/she comes to realize its the right thing to do for themselves and their family.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#33 Apr 7, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying that when I'm in pain (and it has to pretty bad).. I go see a doctor so they can pinpoint the source of that pain, and ask what they can do to fix it.
Your doctor asks you what he can do to fix it? really?
Local Person

Charleston, WV

#34 Apr 8, 2013
Cold blooded murderers do not need a second chance in life. All of you rehab addicts and daily drug users apparently think the same way. It seems like a human life that is taken is just not important to you, especially when it's a police officer. You all will never feel the pain that the Crum family feels. I came from a family that were very much alcoholic and I chose not to follow in their footsteps. When I went to college my roommate did drugs, but I chose not to, and when I joined the Army my buddies did about everything, but I stayed cleaned. Today I work for Homeland Security, but I know I would have never got this job unless I stayed cleaned. Self determination is a great asset to have. Sheriff Crum will always live in the hearts of those who knew him and to those who may not knew him, but knew what he stood for. RIP. Sheriff Crum.
onDope

Logan, WV

#35 Apr 8, 2013
I have a drug problem, but it's mine and I work to support it, mostly with suboxone, but I do not steal for it nor do I deal drugs, I am just someone who made mistakes and now has a hard time with life. Maybe harder than most, but it is my personal hell to live in. Even I feel so sad for the sherriff's family, I wish someone like this had came along sooner so that I may have never knew what this road was like.
Draper

Logan, WV

#36 Apr 8, 2013
its a war out here. the cops aint goin to save you. look with happen. you cant have my guns.
Draper

Logan, WV

#37 Apr 8, 2013
brotherhood is with we need. nobody wants to help. all ppl do is talk crap like yall.

wheres my brothers at?
piggFARMER

Logan, WV

#38 Apr 9, 2013
Draper wrote:
brotherhood is with we need. nobody wants to help. all ppl do is talk crap like yall.
wheres my brothers at?
I got some crap for ya, yea I'm talking! I am your brother and I think its a terrible shame that someone shot the sherriff and tried to shoot the deputy. AND OOOOOO yea BROTHER what are ya gonna do when the methamfedimean comes down on yOU!!! I finger this is what some of the wrong side people are talking about, but for me, I cant seem to stop crying you see. Rodigarry-O and Nick are still out there and they are not like that good sherriff, he was a great man that upheld the old time southern ways, but Nick Tucker and some others are just as bad as the trash they are supposed to be protecting us from. Everyone is not lieing about the wrong doing that is going on in the county and especially in Chapmanville. There are manny people in the world doing wrong today and we need a counter force to ensure that evil dooers do not over populate the well meaning, law abiding citizens here in MY beautiful West By God Southern through Grace Virginia but many por Lice are over stepping thier boundry lines in order to help themselves while defficating on my civil liberties. Hell a man can't even drive down the street after dark and stop to talk to a friend without a wanna be supper trooper stoping to herass them, it has gone to far. I'm all for upholding justice and putting a stop to crime but, hay! remember due diligance and innocent until proven guilty!!! NOOOO, round here it's more like hay? he looks like he's doing drugs or dealing them, I better go stick me nose in and make sure that next time they will stay home instead of trying to be social like me hero HITLER. It seems as if everyone is guilty till tucker decides thier inocent in his eyes, If he has a hard on for you like he does for jmes farass you can't even go in town an country becase nick said so this is what we live with every day Its about time that this unfair communist way of PROTECTing & SERVING comes to an end hell I'd like to know, just who is they PROTECT? anyway and who are they SERVing? it sre as hell idn't me or james farass

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#39 Apr 11, 2013
blueintoday wrote:
<quoted text>
Your doctor asks you what he can do to fix it? really?
No, not really. Put an "I" in between and/ask in my post. I'm thinking that most people probably realized my little omission, and understood what I was saying. But thanks for pointing that out to me.

Feel better?

Now, go blow elsewhere tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 11 min Niggler 207
News Police: Teenager sought in double homicide rela... 22 min BuildTheWall 1
News East Tennessee family waits for justice after D... (Nov '16) 13 hr Big Foot 2
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 20 hr Danny Carranza 67
News Jeronimo Yanez, Minnesota officer in Philando C... Thu fingers mcgurke 40
News Matt Cushing's Friends Speak Out (Feb '08) Thu anonymous 11
News Pickaway County man arrested in teena s fatal s... Thu seems hypocritical 3
More from around the web