N.H. mom 'felt like a monster' with t...

N.H. mom 'felt like a monster' with toddler

There are 24 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 30, 2008, titled N.H. mom 'felt like a monster' with toddler. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A Nashua woman accused of killing her toddler two years ago in a fit of anger described to police in a videotaped interview three incidents in which she may have used more force than necessary to discipline her ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mom

Marlborough, MA

#1 Oct 30, 2008
That poor baby...The Stupid mother...why do people think that you can get a baby to stop crying by hitting.
Bella

Brookline, NH

#2 Oct 30, 2008
This monster, Nicole Belonga, should not have been free on bail for 2 years. What the hell? She is a disgusting human being and does not deserve to be called a "mother." How dare she put her hands on her child in a violent manner? Uneducated inept people use physical means because they can not communicate effectively because they are so limited. Anyone with half a brain knows that if a situation is already stressful, that hitting is not going to make it any better or fix it or bring a positive result! It only worsens it which causes further frustration and the situation escalates! This poor little girl, Rylea, a 2 year old child, who loved and trusted her mom, was beated and abused by her. I can not imagine the hurt and confusion and fear that went through her mind! A mother is supposed to be even keeled and treat her children with love, care and respect. Hitting a child causes fear and breaks trust. People can discipline without the use of physical force. This awful disgusting woman, Nicole Belonga, needs help and needs to be kept out of society. She never ever deserves to mother a child ever again!
Disgusted

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Oct 30, 2008
Put this person away....She IS A MONSTER!!!!Why does it seem that people are falling for her stupid story?She clearly couldn't handle being a mother...She was loosing it on this poor kid all the time...I'm sure there were more incidents..Lock her up and throw away the key!
so sad

Baltimore, MD

#5 Oct 30, 2008
if any one of you have kids you know they can push your limits, do you really think she meant to kill her daughter? This is a terrible tragedy and everyone should take a lesson from it.
Sftwhspr

AOL

#6 Oct 31, 2008
Someone should do to her as she did to the child.
Sad thing is the "mom" and i use that term lightly, gets to live...
ignorence is bliss

Burlington, MA

#7 Oct 31, 2008
LOL.....SHE SAYS UNEDUCATED ....LOL.....SHE ALSO SAYS BEATED......LOL....
Bella wrote:
This monster, Nicole Belonga, should not have been free on bail for 2 years. What the hell? She is a disgusting human being and does not deserve to be called a "mother." How dare she put her hands on her child in a violent manner? Uneducated inept people use physical means because they can not communicate effectively because they are so limited. Anyone with half a brain knows that if a situation is already stressful, that hitting is not going to make it any better or fix it or bring a positive result! It only worsens it which causes further frustration and the situation escalates! This poor little girl, Rylea, a 2 year old child, who loved and trusted her mom, was beated and abused by her. I can not imagine the hurt and confusion and fear that went through her mind! A mother is supposed to be even keeled and treat her children with love, care and respect. Hitting a child causes fear and breaks trust. People can discipline without the use of physical force. This awful disgusting woman, Nicole Belonga, needs help and needs to be kept out of society. She never ever deserves to mother a child ever again!
ignorence is bliss

Burlington, MA

#8 Oct 31, 2008
I HAVE TWO CHILDREN......TRUST AND BELIEVE THEY PUSH ME TO THE LIMIT ON A DAILY BASIS BUT I WOULD NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER PUT MY HANDS ON THEM IN SUCH A WAY TO EVEN LEAVE A MARK NEVER MIND KILL THEM....IF YOU FEEL THAT ANGRY AT TIMES ASK FOR HELP IF NOT YOUR FAMILY ,CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND IF NOT YOUR FRIENDS CALL THE AUTHORITIES THEY WILL HELP
Bella

Brookline, NH

#9 Oct 31, 2008
If I were YOU, I would have checked the spelling of my "Name" before attempting to correct someone else's grammar and spelling!! Whoah did you ever just put your foot in your mouth. If all you can do is read my post and find fault in typo's then you really have no arguement at all.
ignorence is bliss wrote:
LOL.....SHE SAYS UNEDUCATED ....LOL.....SHE ALSO SAYS BEATED......LOL....<quoted text>
ignorence is bliss

United States

#10 Oct 31, 2008
actually that is spelled that way for a reason....personal joke between a friend and myself.....lol

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

#11 Oct 31, 2008
so sad wrote:
if any one of you have kids you know they can push your limits, do you really think she meant to kill her daughter? This is a terrible tragedy and everyone should take a lesson from it.
Are you saying that it's okay??? THIS WAS A CHILD!!!!!

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

#12 Oct 31, 2008
Bella wrote:
If I were YOU, I would have checked the spelling of my "Name" before attempting to correct someone else's grammar and spelling!! Whoah did you ever just put your foot in your mouth. If all you can do is read my post and find fault in typo's then you really have no arguement at all.
<quoted text>
LOL!
LISA

Dracut, MA

#13 Oct 31, 2008
so sad wrote:
if any one of you have kids you know they can push your limits, do you really think she meant to kill her daughter? This is a terrible tragedy and everyone should take a lesson from it.
well that just proves that she was not ready to be a parent, i know that being a mother is hard i have two of my own, one of the things my mother always taught me about being a mother is to know your own limits and know when to ask for help, if you can't see that you are at the end of the rope and go through with hurting your child like that intentional or not it should NEVER get to that point. there are always people out there who would be willing to help. people go to parenting groups all the time!!!

“Tis the season”

Since: Sep 08

USA

#14 Oct 31, 2008
so sad wrote:
if any one of you have kids you know they can push your limits, do you really think she meant to kill her daughter? This is a terrible tragedy and everyone should take a lesson from it.
You're dumb as a stump.
Yes I have kids. How could anyone do such an evil thing to a child.
If you let a child get on your nerves like that, then you shouldn't have any.

This woman doesn't deserve to be alive breathing in my fresh air. I hope she suffers in hell for eternity.
Bella

Brookline, NH

#15 Oct 31, 2008
LOL yeah OK, no I just called you out and you are just embarassed. Enough with straying from the seriousness of the topic of the article - back to the topic at hand not grammar check here, my computer can do that for me if need be :-)
ignorence is bliss wrote:
actually that is spelled that way for a reason....personal joke between a friend and myself.....lol
Angry Parent

Plymouth, MN

#17 Nov 13, 2008
Forced sterilization is the only answer for people like this. They should never be allowed to be able to harm a child ever again.
A Friend of Nicoles

Reading, MA

#18 Feb 16, 2010
So sad none of you knew Nicole or her daughter, yet you all think you have a right to comment on what happened! All this time later I stumble onto this page and find the rantings from a bunch of people who weren't there and don't know the people involved! You all must be perfect, never done a single thing in your life wrong right? The only thing Nicole did wrong was chose the babysitter that she had! No one wants to take a hard look at the facts in this case! Nicole is the most loving and caring person I know! She could never do the things that she has been convicted of! All of you sit in judgement, whats going to happen on your judgement day? Wishing harm or death on someone you don't even know all based on what you read in the paper?!? How sad for all of you!
latinlady

United States

#19 Feb 16, 2010
A Friend of Nicoles wrote:
So sad none of you knew Nicole or her daughter, yet you all think you have a right to comment on what happened! All this time later I stumble onto this page and find the rantings from a bunch of people who weren't there and don't know the people involved! You all must be perfect, never done a single thing in your life wrong right? The only thing Nicole did wrong was chose the babysitter that she had! No one wants to take a hard look at the facts in this case! Nicole is the most loving and caring person I know! She could never do the things that she has been convicted of! All of you sit in judgement, whats going to happen on your judgement day? Wishing harm or death on someone you don't even know all based on what you read in the paper?!? How sad for all of you!
listen u stupid retard u need to be slapped the scum just killed her baby and u say she is a wonderful mother u and her both need to be shot u piece of trash
A Friend of Nicoles

Reading, MA

#20 Mar 30, 2010
latinlady wrote:
<quoted text> listen u stupid retard u need to be slapped the scum just killed her baby and u say she is a wonderful mother u and her both need to be shot u piece of trash
I guess you just proved my point for me. It is really sad that you feel the way you do about this. You don't know either one of us. But to wish death on us, maybe you are the one that needs some help? You seem to have a lot of anger in you? Too bad it is sadly aimed at the wrong people :(
Baby Killer DIE

Cambridge, MA

#21 Apr 1, 2010
baby killers, when they finaly get into a jail, will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Another friend

United States

#22 Oct 9, 2011
She is a wonderful person and her friend is right. The ignorance you display is what is disgusting! The things you are saying about this woman are wrong and unwarranted. As her friend said there is a lot to this story that was not revealed to the public. Your ignorance is very disappointing. Everyone has an opinion, and without accurate knowledge of the situation you should not voice yours. For the one that said she was not an educated person, do some research, she was in the honors society at Rivier College. You should not say such hateful things, who are you to judge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scesny convicted of murder and rape (Mar '12) 12 hr Suomi 82
News Warrant: Man charged with murder agreed to meet... Sun Lilac St Cyr 1
News Recent SF Murder Seems Certain To Figure Into S... Sun Wildchild 4
News St. Louis braces for more protests after police... Sep 16 Team Kelly 1
News Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting (Dec '14) Sep 16 Brian 99
News Attorney: Mississippi man shot in head by police Sep 16 treason watch 2
News Shumpert legal fights continues to shift, narrow Sep 16 Shift and narrow 29
More from around the web