Vallejo police kill man with pellet gun

Vallejo police kill man with pellet gun

There are 262 comments on the SFGate story from Sep 2, 2012, titled Vallejo police kill man with pellet gun. In it, SFGate reports that:

Police Sgt. Jeff Bassett said officers opened fire because they believed the man - who was standing behind the open door of a car - "was about to engage them with the handgun." Another 21-year-old man was also injured in the shooting when he was struck in the buttocks, Bassett said in a written statement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Wrong Again

Fairfield, CA

#1 Sep 3, 2012
journalist sucks!! always distorting the facts to sell a story
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#2 Sep 3, 2012
The other terd was shot in the ass; Man, that was awful..... These bullet-heads can take one in the skull but that ass is for sittin' on; now what's he going to do? Wait, I know; hire some degenerate shyster and sue the citizens of our town, then collect 100% Social Security disability for the rest of his worthless life. What a Country, no wonder the unwashed masses are tunneling into OUR America. Three more months and we take out the trash.

Since: Sep 12

Vallejo, CA

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Wanglow must be kkk

Vallejo, CA

#4 Sep 3, 2012
Wanglow wrote:
The other terd was shot in the ass; Man, that was awful..... These bullet-heads can take one in the skull but that ass is for sittin' on; now what's he going to do? Wait, I know; hire some degenerate shyster and sue the citizens of our town, then collect 100% Social Security disability for the rest of his worthless life. What a Country, no wonder the unwashed masses are tunneling into OUR America. Three more months and we take out the trash.
u and ur lil buddies need to go tell the dude that got killed fam all this bull u yaking
Salty Dog

Vallejo, CA

#5 Sep 3, 2012
No, Vallejo police killed a man who displayed a hand gun at 4:30 in the morning, in the dark and without submitting to police investigation.

That it turned out to be a pellet gun is entirely irrelevant when a potentially lethal weapon is pointed at you...at 4:30 in the morning, in the dark and without submitting to police investigation, in a known gang area.

You would do the same if you felt your life was threatened under similar circumstances and has nothing to do with racism or the KKK. Just forget about that nonsense.

Vallejo, CA

#6 Sep 3, 2012
Salty Dog wrote:
No, Vallejo police killed a man who displayed a hand gun at 4:30 in the morning, in the dark and without submitting to police investigation.

That it turned out to be a pellet gun is entirely irrelevant when a potentially lethal weapon is pointed at you...at 4:30 in the morning, in the dark and without submitting to police investigation, in a known gang area.

You would do the same if you felt your life was threatened under similar circumstances and has nothing to do with racism or the KKK. Just forget about that nonsense.
its got alot to do with being black if they was white wouldnt none of u be saying shh so wateva u hav

Vallejo, CA

#7 Sep 3, 2012
Salty Dog wrote:

no idea how it is with blacks and police so shut up
Salty Dog

Vallejo, CA

#8 Sep 3, 2012
Hammk wrote:
<quoted text>
its got alot to do with being black if they was white wouldnt none of u be saying shh so wateva u hav
First, why not try to communicate in proper sentences so your opinion can be considered.

Second, this incident has absolutely zero to do with race, color, ethnicity or sexual preference. Bad guys selling drugs in the wee hours and being questioned is the issue. Don't walk around with a gun, phoney or otherwise. That applies to whitie too. Easy stuff, if you are working and living on the right side of the law.
Salty Dog

Vallejo, CA

#9 Sep 3, 2012
Hammk wrote:
<quoted text>
no idea how it is with blacks and police so shut up
Oh, I see, so you must be black to know how it is with the blacks and police? I sense you to be a racist.

Shut up? Or what?

Vallejo, CA

#10 Sep 3, 2012
Salty Dog wrote:
<quoted text>First, why not try to communicate in proper sentences so your opinion can be considered.

Second, this incident has absolutely zero to do with race, color, ethnicity or sexual preference. Bad guys selling drugs in the wee hours and being questioned is the issue. Don't walk around with a gun, phoney or otherwise. That applies to whitie too. Easy stuff, if you are working and living on the right side of the law.
i work hard evry day and the police still mess wit me and i no my lil cuz was not selling drugs so u need to talk wat u no we seen the hole thing i was there thats my family i dont have a record i neva go to jail or nuthin and u say it aint race lol
uts tip for the day

Union City, CA

#11 Sep 3, 2012
My pellet rifles and pistols are as lethal as any .22 long rifle. I treat them the same as any firearm. I know what they can do. They are not toys.

Vallejo, CA

#12 Sep 3, 2012
Salty Dog wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I see, so you must be black to know how it is with the blacks and police? I sense you to be a racist.

Shut up? Or what?
u already kno

Vallejo, CA

#13 Sep 3, 2012
uts tip for the day wrote:
My pellet rifles and pistols are as lethal as any .22 long rifle. I treat them the same as any firearm. I know what they can do. They are not toys.
btw soft pellets dont hurt anyone they dont even go thru paper
look here ninjaa

Vallejo, CA

#14 Sep 3, 2012
Hammk wrote:
<quoted text>
i work hard evry day and the police still mess wit me and i no my lil cuz was not selling drugs so u need to talk wat u no we seen the hole thing i was there thats my family i dont have a record i neva go to jail or nuthin and u say it aint race lol
wuz dey gibben de drugs away?
youll put your eye out

Union City, CA

#15 Sep 3, 2012
Hammk wrote:
<quoted text>
btw soft pellets dont hurt anyone they dont even go thru paper
Sure they go through paper. They have a Thompson sub machine gun version of an air soft over at Big Five. I gurantee that if you point it at a cop you will be one dead idiot.
Salty Dog

Vallejo, CA

#16 Sep 3, 2012
Hammk wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry, but I don't understand your language. Communicate in standard English and maybe we can have a discussion.
Salty Dog

Vallejo, CA

#17 Sep 3, 2012
Hammk wrote:
<quoted text>
u already kno
No, I don't know what you imply when you say "shut up". Perhaps you can explain....in standard English.
Matlock

Vacaville, CA

#18 Sep 3, 2012
Cops kill another innocent Vallejoan even your dog isn't safe here. Investigate them to many killings by them.

Vallejo, CA

#19 Sep 3, 2012
Salty Dog wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't know what you imply when you say "shut up". Perhaps you can explain....in standard English.
meaning if you wasnt there why speak on what happend

Vallejo, CA

#20 Sep 3, 2012
Salty Dog wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but I don't understand your language. Communicate in standard English and maybe we can have a discussion.
what do you mean my language?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 people charged in drive-by 1 hr Judge Roy Bean 3
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 1 hr Danny Carranza 106
News West Plains student is charged with threatening... (Dec '12) Sun elf 52
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... Sun inbred Genius 57
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Sun Steven Deaks 65
News Police say Omak shooting shows gangs are gettin... (May '09) Aug 19 kosher nostra 23
News Police say camouflage suit linked Oklahoma teen... Aug 18 elmerfudd 1
More from around the web