Relatives react angrily as Suber gets 10 years in Danny Flores shooting

Dec 15, 2007 Full story: Monterey County Herald 43

“I had thought that when a man goes to the defense of his child and is confronted with a young man ... threatening to bash his head in (he'd be) given more consideration”

Former Stevenson School track coach Willie Suber was sentenced to 10 years in prison Friday for fatally shooting his daughter's boyfriend. via Monterey County Herald

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Suber Family Friend -

Maple Heights, OH

#1 Feb 13, 2008
Willie is one of the kindest people I have ever known. He is not only a family friend but I attended Robert Lewis Stevenson as well. As this was a tragic event he protected his daughter and my prayers go to him and Maria. I feel more consideration should of gone into his sentence and the event and do not feel this is fair to the Suber Family. Danny had history of violence and past and yes a young life lost maybe one spared for the future (Willies daughter she just does not realize it yet).
seaside ca

Nampa, ID

#2 Feb 19, 2008
So many sides to this story . Salina , a spoiled daughter that was use to having things her way. Daughter of a biracial family that had drug abuse in its past. " so I was told"by her father. Willie suber , a man who could not face that he was black. Janitor to head of facilitys department at a private school. This man acted like hecwas white when he was in the presence of any one who he thought was at his stature or above . And then acted like a black master to anyone who he thought was beneath him. And he would blackmail his employees and hire only woman who he thought he could disrespect and belittle. He was wonderful as a track couch! " he was paid to do that job! He was paid to bring out the best in spoiled drug addicted teenagers .. Danny asked willie to " get out of his house" willie did not comply . Danny and selina asked Wilkie to " leave don't be stupid and blow this up , just go" willie didnt leave. His wife was in the car , we all that know maria , are asking why did you not call the police. Willie was in the wrong that's why she didnt call the police. She knew what he was doing was wrong. And all he got was ten years ? The judgment was a joke. An eye for an eye!
Observer

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2008
Oh, well...
sad

United States

#4 Feb 24, 2008
Learn how to spell and get your facts straight. It sounds like you have no clue who these people are. I grew up with both Selena and Danny. Willie was my track coach.Danny was a friend of mine, but I also knew the Subers. They were all decent people. Everyone has family issues, and yes unfortunately Selena and Danny were both drug users. Willie was way more than a coach he was a mentor. No one won in this tragedy and everyone suffers.
seaside ca wrote:
So many sides to this story . Salina , a spoiled daughter that was use to having things her way. Daughter of a biracial family that had drug abuse in its past. " so I was told"by her father. Willie suber , a man who could not face that he was black. Janitor to head of facilitys department at a private school. This man acted like hecwas white when he was in the presence of any one who he thought was at his stature or above . And then acted like a black master to anyone who he thought was beneath him. And he would blackmail his employees and hire only woman who he thought he could disrespect and belittle. He was wonderful as a track couch! " he was paid to do that job! He was paid to bring out the best in spoiled drug addicted teenagers .. Danny asked willie to " get out of his house" willie did not comply . Danny and selina asked Wilkie to " leave don't be stupid and blow this up , just go" willie didnt leave. His wife was in the car , we all that know maria , are asking why did you not call the police. Willie was in the wrong that's why she didnt call the police. She knew what he was doing was wrong. And all he got was ten years ? The judgment was a joke. An eye for an eye!
MIG

Miami, FL

#5 Apr 29, 2008
Danny, a DRUG USER? WTF is wrong with you people... WOW, u know what whatever with thse comments!
Yet Another

Nigeria

#6 Jun 14, 2008
The black guy gets it again. Not surprised at all. His selfish daughter does him in. Perhaps he should have let Danny bash her head in with his bat.
R Lusk

Modesto, CA

#7 Jul 10, 2008
Growing up in Seaside, I knew the Subers. We played baseball with the kids and coach. Willie was a control freak, and always hitting on the mothers of his players. I am happy we have a working justice system. Willie got what he deserved. If you think he was a good person, you did not know him well enough, as he was expert at pretending to someone he was not. C ya bro.
gwen

Auckland, New Zealand

#8 Jul 21, 2008
im watching the program on tv here now in zew zealand. id lose it to if somone was bashing my daughter and coming at me with a bat. for those of you that are sticking up for danny u to must be a women bashers too!
lets all remember we are only on about this crime of passion! what whould you do in that situation?
JENNIFER MEDRANO

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Dec 9, 2008
gwen wrote:
im watching the program on tv here now in zew zealand. id lose it to if somone was bashing my daughter and coming at me with a bat. for those of you that are sticking up for danny u to must be a women bashers too!
lets all remember we are only on about this crime of passion! what whould you do in that situation?
you know what woman you dont know crap this is his cousin and im a female ok and he was never a woman beater so get your facts straight you stupid woman dont just go by what you see or hear unless u know them personally then you can have your own opinion if u dont then shut the hell up and get your facts straight p.s i wouldve cussed the crap out of you but it wont let me
dannys cousin jennifer
abdulmalik Reading uk

Reading, UK

#10 Dec 30, 2008
i have just watched the programme and read all comments posted online, all i would like to exercises is that both families are torn apart as a result of a girl who does not realised that their is a CRIME OF PASSION,let us all learn from this unforeseen circumstances.
Free Willie

Livermore, CA

#11 Jan 29, 2009
This is all Selena's fault. And now, she has nothing.
Suber supporter

Maple Heights, OH

#12 Feb 24, 2009
I think alot of you dont know what happened or the Suber family. Willie was a great person and as well as his family. Alot of Seaside people hold a grudge to those trying to better themselves and /or there family to hold them down. Some of you whom I know wrote these really suprise me to the comments made and certainly sucked up to him while he was there for you. Subers gave alot and his daughter while I feel this was hard for anyone caused all of it and is a spoiled, selfish brat and always has been growing up with her. Pls keep in mind two families suffered. This sentence was a horrible decision and no justice served. My prayers to you Suber family!! Willie should be freed and will be with the new release program in California I hope. Good Luck!

“Ban Michael Vick”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 25, 2009
JENNIFER MEDRANO wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what woman you dont know crap this is his cousin and im a female ok and he was never a woman beater so get your facts straight you stupid woman dont just go by what you see or hear unless u know them personally then you can have your own opinion if u dont then shut the hell up and get your facts straight p.s i wouldve cussed the crap out of you but it wont let me
dannys cousin jennifer
Jennifer, All you did with your comment is come across as a "STUPID WOMAN". I can understand that you are upset by your cousin's death but some people reading this get their information from the news only (including myself) and from what I read I would also protect myself if someone was coming at me with a baseball bat. So maybe you could explain why we are wrong for thinking this.
Lilian from Sweden

Lund, Sweden

#14 Feb 25, 2009
Suber Family Friend - wrote:
Willie is one of the kindest people I have ever known. He is not only a family friend but I attended Robert Lewis Stevenson as well. As this was a tragic event he protected his daughter and my prayers go to him and Maria. I feel more consideration should of gone into his sentence and the event and do not feel this is fair to the Suber Family. Danny had history of violence and past and yes a young life lost maybe one spared for the future (Willies daughter she just does not realize it yet).
I recently watched the story on tv and this is so
sad - more sad is that the daughter helped the prosecutor against her father...what is in her head? He is the grandfather of her child - doesn´t she want that band? I am wondering if he got a new trial?
Suber friend

Maple Heights, OH

#15 Feb 27, 2009
No there is no trial Willie will not put his family through anymore. I only can hope and pray they choose to release/ parole him early. Ca currently is doing early release and with the support of friends and family he will be ok I hope. Alot of Seaside res have suprised me to the comments they have made. The support for Willie as a person was always there and they turned on him to make themselves look better. Its sad and to keep in mind to always know who your friends are.
julie

Valleyfield, Canada

#16 Feb 27, 2009
dapres moi willie suber ne merite pas 10 ans de prison,il a defand sa fille ,comme nimporte quel pere laurait fait....je suis une jeune femme de 23ans et jaurais fait pareil dans la meme situation....si un homme saproche de vous avec un bat de baseball ne croyez-vous pas que vous feriez la meme chose???
DiSu

Richelieu, Canada

#17 Feb 28, 2009
Je viens de voir le documentaire sur Willie Suber......je me pose beaucoup de questions sur la justice et ses règles......tant au U.S.A qu'au Canada.Ou est la règle de légitime défense dans tout cela??? Il aurait peut être fallu que Willie se laisse tabasser a coup de bâton de baseball???Et sa fille, elle, aurait elle été accusée de complicité de crime si c'est son père qui avait été tué??? MONDE DE FOU!! JUSTICE DE FOU!!!
Rene Alaska

Wasilla, AK

#18 Mar 20, 2009
I don't know any of the people in this tragic story, but I can say from experience that it is likely someone is being misrepresented, and the dead cannot defend themselves. My mother was murdered by my step father, and I just recently learned that this awful event in my life was made into a TV program (Crimes of Passion)without even notifying the victims. Since it has not been broadcast in the USA, I have only web site information to go by, and from that it is easy to see my mother was unjustifiably villified.... blamed for her own murder by producers who will not even tell me how they obtained their inaccurate and slanderous information. The jury convicted in less than two hours... first degree murder and first degree attempted murder of my mother's friend. I shudder to think what the verdict would have been had my mother's friend not survived to testify. Point is, don't take TV docu-drama's information as fact because it's all done to titilate an audience, not present a true and accurate accounting of facts. Neither family comes out unscathed. Domestic violence is a plague that destroys single lives and entire families.
Suber friend

Maple Heights, OH

#19 Mar 23, 2009
julie wrote:
dapres moi willie suber ne merite pas 10 ans de prison,il a defand sa fille ,comme nimporte quel pere laurait fait....je suis une jeune femme de 23ans et jaurais fait pareil dans la meme situation....si un homme saproche de vous avec un bat de baseball ne croyez-vous pas que vous feriez la meme chose???
Can some one translate these pls ..?
Sue Ellen

Livermore, CA

#20 Apr 8, 2009
JENNIFER MEDRANO wrote:
<quoted text>
dannys cousin jennifer
#1 Are you sure you're a female?
#2 Are you known for dating your cousins?
#3 Do you believe in freedom of speech?
#4 Have you completed High School or equivalent education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadly force a " in black and white 22 min James 80
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 47 min Truth 3,361
Jury selection continues in Kiplinger murder trial (Aug '07) 1 hr hey 8
Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape 2 hr Lies Within 73
Darren Wilson's account of Michael Brown shooti... 5 hr Black Rhino 18
City releases video of fatal police shooting of... 18 hr CHARLES 30
Katy Burns: Locked and loaded - " and only 9 ye... Tue Kentucky-Mitch 8

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE