WZZM13 - Jeffrey Van Vels arraigned

WZZM13 - Jeffrey Van Vels arraigned

There are 56 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Jul 10, 2007, titled WZZM13 - Jeffrey Van Vels arraigned. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Grand Rapids- Jeffrey VanVels was arraigned this afternoon in Grand Rapids District Court for the shooting death of Grand Rapids Police Officer Robert Kozminski.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#22 Nov 10, 2007
Louis wrote:
Oh come on. This guy was a cop. He isn't any more special then the next person. He jumped in the middle of a domestic situation. I don't know if any of you know how vital those situations can turn into. However more times then not they solve themselves without police interferance. I have time and time again seen officers walk into these situations and then judge for themselves right there on the scene who was at fault without any factual information. They usually lock up the male who isn't always to blame. I don't blame this guy for going off and doing what he felt he had to do. No one should step into family business.
Another FINE speciman of our so-called *civilization*.

“Go TIGERS!!”

Since: Nov 07

Wayland, MI

#23 Nov 10, 2007
it wasn't the front door, it was the garage.
he didn't just "walk" into the situation, he was covering the back along with several other officers. And yes, it is their job but does that make their lives any less importent?? Tell that to my kids..you wouldn't walking away as my 10 year old daugher would take your candya** out!!!!!!!
Grunt - Grand Rapids

United States

#24 Nov 12, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
he was covering the back along with several other officers.
Sorry, but that's just a flat out LIE!
thank you Koz

United States

#25 Nov 12, 2007
Louis wrote:
Oh come on. This guy was a cop. He isn't any more special then the next person. He jumped in the middle of a domestic situation. I don't know if any of you know how vital those situations can turn into. However more times then not they solve themselves without police interferance. I have time and time again seen officers walk into these situations and then judge for themselves right there on the scene who was at fault without any factual information. They usually lock up the male who isn't always to blame. I don't blame this guy for going off and doing what he felt he had to do. No one should step into family business.
True, spoken like an abuser. You can only assume this "man" has preached his rhetoric while locked up with the rest of the weaklings. Someday he will call on the police to protect his sorry a**, no matter the outcome, he will never be satisfied. Continue your weak and sorry life Louis - you'll die a sad, lonely, little man.
please stop

Granbury, TX

#26 Nov 12, 2007
Sharon B wrote:
THIS IS IN REPLY TO "RLT COMMENT" I AM PRAYING FOR "BOTH,COP AND KILLER'S FAMILIES, I'M SURE THE KILLER WILL GO TO PRISON FOR LIFE AND WHAT HE DID WAS HORRIBLE,BUT THINK BACK 15 OR SO YEARS AGO WHEN A GRAND RAPIDS COP KILLED A JUDGE,I DON'T REMEMBER ANY CRIES FOR A PUBLIC HANGING FOR HIM,JUST NEWS OF WHAT A HARD TIME HE WAS GOING THROUGH,BUT NO MENTION OF HOW HE SAT DOWN AT KONKLES BAR ON BRIDGE ST. GETTING DRUNK BEFORE HEADING DOWN TO THE COURT-HOUSE TO SHOOT HER. IF WE ARE GOING TO START HANGINGS DOWNTOWN,LETS START FIRST WITH THE PERVERTS OUT THERE THAT HURT THE CHILDREN...THEN NEXT GO ON TO THE COP KILLERS,OKAY?...LETS PUT SOME ORDER TO THESE HANGINGS...
you have to much time. you are always on here talking out your ass.go get a job.and then you come on here. do you think you know ever thing that gose on with ever one? Eleven-year-old Jodi Christine Parrack.sorry Uncle Mike.we all wish she was here with us. get a life soon

Since: Jul 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Nov 12, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
it wasn't the front door, it was the garage.
he didn't just "walk" into the situation, he was covering the back along with several other officers. And yes, it is their job but does that make their lives any less importent?? Tell that to my kids..you wouldn't walking away as my 10 year old daugher would take your candya** out!!!!!!!
...sorry,maybe you have to re-read the Whole story..from my understanding there was only him and ONE other cop at first when it happened.(but then again as you have mentioned several times,your husband is a cop,so maybe You do know more than the rest of us.)

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 Nov 12, 2007
AND YES,IT WAS SAD THAT HE WAS KILLED.and i hope the man gets a life sentence for it.

“Go TIGERS!!”

Wayland, MI

#29 Nov 12, 2007
Grunt - Grand Rapids wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected, my husband said was not with other officers but he was covering the back.
I am sorry for miss speaking.

“Go TIGERS!!”

Wayland, MI

#30 Nov 12, 2007
<quoted text>
What are you saying is a lie? That Koz was at the back of the house or that he was with other officers? Like I said, I was incorrect about other officers being with him. Several officers were at the house, but he was by himself at the back.

Also, in reading back in past posts I believe I misunderstood what was said about Koz walking to the front door. I thought the person stating that was talking about the front of the house. In re-reading, I understand that he meant the front of the garage. Sorry for the confusion.

Grand Rapids, MI

#31 Nov 12, 2007
hey duck,i was NOT being a smartass ,i was just saying to re-read,i understood that it was just koz and one other when he got shot.

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Nov 12, 2007
please stop wrote:
<quoted text>you have to much time. you are always on here talking out your ass.go get a job.and then you come on here. do you think you know ever thing that gose on with ever one? Eleven-year-old Jodi Christine Parrack.sorry Uncle Mike.we all wish she was here with us. get a life soon
...OK , i will get a job as soon as YOU LEARN TO SPELL...
please stop

Granbury, TX

#33 Nov 12, 2007
Sharon B wrote:
<quoted text>...OK , i will get a job as soon as YOU LEARN TO SPELL...
i am only 12year old.and i am some one that love Jodi Christine Parrackve.you know that 11year old that just die.we can not sleep at night and for what you are saying all the time dose not help us out. we think some of you need to just go away for some of the sutff you say on here.my mom say to me god always take the good one home. god love us all we all know that.but we all know that there is alot of bad out there.but god take him home maybe he needing a good Police Officer Robert Kozminski.up there with him any way all this is sad.dont you think so.mommy say i have to be nice to ever one and i am sorry if i was not nice.for give me

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#34 Nov 13, 2007
please stop wrote:
<quoted text>i am only 12year old.and i am some one that love Jodi Christine Parrackve.you know that 11year old that just die.we can not sleep at night and for what you are saying all the time dose not help us out. we think some of you need to just go away for some of the sutff you say on here.my mom say to me god always take the good one home. god love us all we all know that.but we all know that there is alot of bad out there.but god take him home maybe he needing a good Police Officer Robert Kozminski.up there with him any way all this is sad.dont you think so.mommy say i have to be nice to ever one and i am sorry if i was not nice.for give me
Then take this back to the thread on Jody... Don't hit Sharon about what she says on EVERY thread you see her name on.

Grand Rapids, MI

#35 Nov 13, 2007
i would dare bet "please stop" is NOT a 12 yr.old...read the notes she wrote and she goes from telling me I'm talking out of my a$$ to all this BABY TALK...ok,I'm done commenting back to this SO CALLED 12 yr.old..

Grand Rapids, MI

#36 Nov 13, 2007
HEY "PLEASE STOP" IF you are a 12 yr.old as you say and you listen to your MOMMY,maybe you should not have been up at 2:30 in the morning writing back to me,HUH???? SO give it up and go play elsewhere !!

“& My Favorite Dog Muttley ”

Myrtle Beach, SC

#37 Nov 13, 2007
Sharon B & Neecer. I was here reading various threads around 2 am. Right at that time - 4 people made postings: 1 by "please stop", and 2 by "Andrew", all of them made within minutes of each other. Of course I went to see who was saying what, & without going into a ton of detail here - lets just say that I think "Andrew & Please Stop" are the SAME person - only here to try to ruffle feathers or to see if anyone responds to their stupidity - Just Ignore it!!
Grunt - Grand Rapids

United States

#38 Nov 13, 2007
5ducklings wrote:
<quoted text>Several officers were at the house
Please define that statement for me - what do you mean when you say that several officers were at the house?

Since: Oct 07

out in the sticks

#39 Nov 13, 2007
I am praying for both families, and that justice be served.

Grand Rapids, MI

#40 Nov 13, 2007
Trouser Cough wrote:
Sharon B & Neecer. I was here reading various threads around 2 am. Right at that time - 4 people made postings: 1 by "please stop", and 2 by "Andrew", all of them made within minutes of each other. Of course I went to see who was saying what, & without going into a ton of detail here - lets just say that I think "Andrew & Please Stop" are the SAME person - only here to try to ruffle feathers or to see if anyone responds to their stupidity - Just Ignore it!!
...I agree with you,whoever it is ,they are acting like a child and spouting off a lot.like i said b4,no 12 yr.old would be up posting at that time.kinda sounds like "the creep" (from a day or so ago)just trying to pit us against each other....ANYWAYS ,you all have a good day and we will ignore the ones that spout the BS.(and neecer,thanks for having my back on that one)

Grand Rapids, MI

#41 Nov 13, 2007
<quoted text>
Please define that statement for me - what do you mean when you say that several officers were at the house?
...oh give it a break...if you want to know "what she meant" go back and read the comments.she has already explained it.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packing pistols: Is Texas safer with more licen... (Jul '11) 4 hr Public farts 6
News One dead, three wounded in East Oakland shootings 4 hr Disgusted 2
News Gangs here but shouldn't be tolerated (Mar '10) 18 hr trust_noneeee 10
NBI PHILIPPINES - http://nbi.gov.ph (Nov '07) 20 hr Rodolfo ruiz III 206
News Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) Wed vic 1,159
News Man shot in Delhi (May '14) Wed sunil 3
News Chief Keef Hologram Concert Shut Down By Police Jul 28 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web