Judge reserves ruling in 1991 Erie ho...

Judge reserves ruling in 1991 Erie homicide case

There are 21 comments on the GoErie.com story from Apr 2, 2009, titled Judge reserves ruling in 1991 Erie homicide case. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Daniel Wyant is led from a holding cell to a hearing at the Erie County Courthouse on April 2. CHRISTOPHER MILLETTE/ ERIE TIMES-NEWS An Erie County judge today said he wants more information before ruling on a request to overturn a second conviction in an Erie homicide case 17 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Travis Hanson

Corry, PA

#1 Apr 2, 2009
Hi my name is travis hanson, my brother inlaw is Daniel's brother..I Beleave daniel shud have a fair trial.. Grinnell is the one who shud be doing life not Daniel... Grinnell put it all on Daniel to save his own but... rob Kremer is not inacent even tho he was the one who was shot, but i beleave the gun shot wound did not kill Kremer, when he was shot and sped off he hit a tellaphone pole witch i beleave killed him NOT the gun shot....
Travis Hanson

Corry, PA

#2 Apr 2, 2009
FREE DANIEL
DIGGER

Stow, OH

#3 Apr 2, 2009
ARE YOU A F ING MORON. THEY SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE ELECTRIC CHAIR.
lakerman1

Erie, PA

#4 Apr 2, 2009
Travis, interesting, if illogical thinking. two boys agreed to go to griswold park to rob someone. The location is a gathering spot for ladw who want to sell their bodies for homosexual sex, according to the police.
They conspired to rob someone, who they might have thought would not complain to the police, because he was picking up lads for gay sex.
The man was shot by one of the lads, and the other lad plus a juvenile were involved.
Case closed. Guilty of murder.
StupidLiberals

Charlotte, NC

#5 Apr 2, 2009
Travis Hanson wrote:
Hi my name is travis hanson, my brother inlaw is Daniel's brother..I Beleave daniel shud have a fair trial.. Grinnell is the one who shud be doing life not Daniel... Grinnell put it all on Daniel to save his own but... rob Kremer is not inacent even tho he was the one who was shot, but i beleave the gun shot wound did not kill Kremer, when he was shot and sped off he hit a tellaphone pole witch i beleave killed him NOT the gun shot....
PLEASE GO BACK TO SCHOOL!

If your post was not a joke I would suggest you seek counseling
Red Wine

Edinboro, PA

#6 Apr 2, 2009
Travis buddy, I think you better use a spell-checker.
Tater Troll

Canada

#7 Apr 2, 2009
Sorry to bother you, but there is this m0 r0n at http://www.topix.com/forum/source/orlando-sen... that claims he knows and hates you.

What did you do to this 1d10t that left such a lasting impression?
StupidLiberals wrote:
<quoted text>
StupidLiberals

Charlotte, NC

#8 Apr 2, 2009
Tater Troll wrote:
Sorry to bother you, but there is this m0 r0n at http://www.topix.com/forum/source/orlando-sen... that claims he knows and hates you.
What did you do to this 1d10t that left such a lasting impression?
<quoted text>
Thank you !

Since: Apr 09

Erie, PA

#9 Apr 3, 2009
You people make me laugh.... DIGGER, lakerman1, StupidLiberals, Red Wine. I thought some of those same things while reading the post. However you all summed up my thoughts.
Jeff

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Apr 3, 2009
So Travis despite what you think rob should be serving does not change the fact that he won his appeal for freedom and is now free living a life trying to become a better person than he was, i wish the best for danny and hope he has the same opportunity to prove himself as my BROTHER, they were both in the wrong that night but one thing is clear my brother was not the gun man who shot kramer.
ghhhhh

Canada

#11 Apr 3, 2009
ghf
not sure

Waterford, PA

#12 Apr 3, 2009
Jeff wrote:
So Travis despite what you think rob should be serving does not change the fact that he won his appeal for freedom and is now free living a life trying to become a better person than he was, i wish the best for danny and hope he has the same opportunity to prove himself as my BROTHER, they were both in the wrong that night but one thing is clear my brother was not the gun man who shot kramer.
I thought I read that Mr. Wyant admitted killing the guy????
John Wyant

Madison, OH

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Who among us has never made a bad choice, never done anything we regret, or wish we could go back to one day & change everything? I guess it's in our nature to be quick to pass judgment, & slow to forgive,so i understand.A man's life was taken that day,& my brother's & Rob's lives were over as they knew it.We all lost that day!Nobody knows the sadness my brother carries for what happened that day,& nobody knows the loss the Kremer's feel.Think back to age 17, or 18 & tell me how many good decisions we made? I love my brother & Rob remains my friend.To Rob i say (do good with the blessing you were given, & i know you will) & to my brother (god is good & he knows your heart,see you soon)& last but surely not least, to the Kremer's(may god ease your pain and comfort you all, i am so sorry for your loss)
Realist

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Apr 7, 2009
John Wyant wrote:
Who among us has never made a bad choice, never done anything we regret, or wish we could go back to one day & change everything? I guess it's in our nature to be quick to pass judgment, & slow to forgive,so i understand.A man's life was taken that day,& my brother's & Rob's lives were over as they knew it.We all lost that day!Nobody knows the sadness my brother carries for what happened that day,& nobody knows the loss the Kremer's feel.Think back to age 17, or 18 & tell me how many good decisions we made? I love my brother & Rob remains my friend.To Rob i say (do good with the blessing you were given, & i know you will) & to my brother (god is good & he knows your heart,see you soon)& last but surely not least, to the Kremer's(may god ease your pain and comfort you all, i am so sorry for your loss)
You can love your brother, but hate what he did. You think he deserves another chance, but the person he killed won't ever have another chance.
not sure

Waterford, PA

#15 Apr 7, 2009
John Wyant wrote:
I can relate to what you are saying, I have a family member that has regrets for some of his choices, and yes everyone loses, and as a family member to someone who has made those bad choices, it's a sad and painful feeling for all involved, no matter what the circumstances are, it is hard when you love someone and they do something to someone else, it is a mix of feelings, for the family member, the victim, the victim's family, some days it is way to much to have to think about and feel, you wonder how this could have happened, and because of compassion your heart hurts for everyone involved and unfortunately it can't be taken back or changed, and there are no answers for the whys. I hope your brother gets another chance at living his life right, I know it doesn't make the victim's family happy that he might get that chance, I also hope they can learn to forgive, but it is a hard thing for them to do when they lost a loved one at the hands of someone else.
John Wyant

Madison, OH

#16 Apr 8, 2009
Not Sure, thank you for your considerate response. It is a very hard situation for all families involved. It's good to know there are people who can look at an issue and say things after thinking of everyone involved, and not just respond with uneducated and inconsiderate responses.
Carrie

Youngstown, OH

#17 Apr 8, 2009
As a close personal friend of Daneys I know the pain he feels everyday, and the regret he has for what happened that night. There is nothing anyone can do to bring Mr. Kramer back, and nothing anyone can do to ease the pain the family feels for their loss. Daney was young and made a stupid mistake that night, but after 17 years in jail he has grown up and turned into a wonderful kind loving man. I know in my heart of hearts that if Daney is given a second chace he will be a possitive member of society and the courts will never here his name again. I hope the victims family can find it in their hearts to forgive. Daney truely is a kind loving man who does deserve a second chance.
Brit

Oil City, PA

#18 Apr 20, 2009
StupidLiberals wrote:
<quoted text>
just because there are people in the world that cant spell that good doesnt mean that they need counseling. And as for you, you uneducated piece of feces, maybe you need to seek some counseling because maybe the man who was killed in the altercation touched you when you were a little boy. FYI: research it, the guy was a registered sex offender. So don't mess around and show a little respect for people's opinion because your opinion on people's views are not very polite so maybe you should go back to first grade so someone can teach you manners. Thanks!!!
Travis

Erie, PA

#19 May 29, 2009
ok what i said was harsh, if thay let garnel go why not wyant thay both where there..so if one gets cut loose the other shud 2 weather or not he did or didnt pull the trigger, thay both new what thay where getten in to or may be thay didnt but the fact is the man who's life was lost that day (may he rest in peace) you naver no if he would of servied he probley would of 4 gave them both..

To the Kremer's we all fell the pain your going through weather we lost a loved one or a close friend....

Rest in Peace MR.Kremer
Brandon vorhese
T.J.
&
Jay Sacks
OldFriend

Buffalo, NY

#20 Aug 30, 2009
So did the judge let Daniel go? I have been trying to find out for quite some time now and would love to get in touch with him if he is indeed out. Thanks for the updates if anyone has one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 1 hr Retribution 29
News Duson officer injured; driver and vehicle sought 2 hr Joes Smith Public 1
News SF Murder Victim Identified As Daly City Man (Oct '08) 5 hr LIL YATTA 43
News Tulsa Police Arrest Three For Homicide (Dec '09) 6 hr JessicasLilSister 74
News Police: Lincolnton man shot wife in head (May '13) Wed wondering 7
News Lifetime Is Making a TV Movie about Robert Durs... Wed Tex- 7
News Many Allentown homicides unsolved (Jun '09) Wed weaponX 95
More from around the web