Killer Shane Mark to be resentenced -...

Killer Shane Mark to be resentenced - News

There are 32 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 9, 2009, titled Killer Shane Mark to be resentenced - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The state Intermediate Court of Appeals upheld yesterday the murder conviction of Shane Mark for the shooting death of a Honolulu police officer but overturned his prison sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aging Observer

Honolulu, HI

#22 May 9, 2009
Top Gun wrote:
It seems that the justice system here in Hawaii is broken (the police do excellent work to catch the criminals but the judges give lenient sentences for major felonies).
Why can't these judges get on the same page as the Police that catch the bad guys and the juries that convict them.
Aren't we all tired of felons commiting serious crimes and having rap sheets miles long back on the street again commiting yet another major crime?
Maybe these lenient judges will get their act together someday and save some innocent citizen the pain of being victimized by a repeat offender.
this time Judge Ahn got it right it is the appellate judges who make unrealistic rulings from their "lofty" offices. I.e., they are not on the line, so they are clueless!
Still a Casual Observer

Honolulu, HI

#23 May 9, 2009
Hopefully the jury makes the just decision.
Maunawiliboy

United States

#24 May 9, 2009
I hope a jury of his peers decides life with no parole. Too bad no death penalty - we will have to pay for him. He doesn't deserve to breathe the same air.
Big Kahuna

Dublin, CA

#25 May 9, 2009
alice wrote:
I hope Hawaii can improve..under Lingle and Mufi, the state was deteriorated badly.
Alice hon,I just get so excited when you write the words of wisdom from Waterloo Canada.Need a squad of Police like they had in the Dirty Harry movie Magnum Force then we would not waste the tax payers money on these people.
Yes We Cant

Honolulu, HI

#26 May 10, 2009
alice wrote:
Mufi and Lingle have been bad for Hawaii
ALICE you are an idiot

Since: Jan 08

Kailua, HI

#27 May 10, 2009
Convicted murderers have all of the appeals they want. Victims and families have none. Let's hope the jury exercises some good sense.
Big Al

AOL

#28 May 10, 2009
Set Shane free!!!!!!!!
APtofView

Kaneohe, HI

#29 May 10, 2009
If this loser doesn't get life w/o parole and gets out of jail alive, let him live next to the idiots who overturned the judge's sentence that would have kept him out of society.

Since: Jan 08

Kahului, HI

#30 May 10, 2009
Big Al wrote:
Set Shane free!!!!!!!!
To run across the Kokohead range during firearm qualification.
alice

Kahului, HI

#31 May 10, 2009
Marauder wrote:
Convicted murderers have all of the appeals they want. Victims and families have none. Let's hope the jury exercises some good sense.
well stated and I have said the same for months.
Melorvan

Honolulu, HI

#32 Aug 24, 2014
Big Al wrote:
Set Shane free!!!!!!!!
Everyone deserves a 2nd Chance. Dumb cop should have been wearing a vest
Melorvan

Honolulu, HI

#33 Aug 24, 2014
APtofView wrote:
If this loser doesn't get life w/o parole and gets out of jail alive, let him live next to the idiots who overturned the judge's sentence that would have kept him out of society.
Let God teach u to judge people & call them losers what if that was ur son wouldnt u love him still & hope a life wasnt lost in vain. Everyone is loved by our lord regardless of wrongs done u make urself sound like a loser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor 'deeply disturbed' over incident between ... 49 min wtf 1
News Corbin Woman Charged With Rape 9 hr Yep 2
News Chicago homicides soar, with seven fatalities W... 18 hr Walter Samone 5
News Toone murder case set for grand jury 18 hr yoyo 1
News Man arrested in shooting outside Northeast Ela 22 hr The Law 6
News Mayor a deeply disturbeda over incident between... 23 hr disturbed 1
News Malone man facing six felonies in alleged drive... Thu Its a shame 5
More from around the web