Killer Shane Mark to be resentenced -...

Killer Shane Mark to be resentenced - News

There are 32 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 9, 2009, titled Killer Shane Mark to be resentenced - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The state Intermediate Court of Appeals upheld yesterday the murder conviction of Shane Mark for the shooting death of a Honolulu police officer but overturned his prison sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
put up or shut up

Satellite Provider

#1 May 9, 2009
Let a jury put him in jail for life then. He may end up worse off than he already is.

He took a good man that day. We are truly diminished.

I hope Mark burns in hell.
dewdalohajoey

New Orleans, LA

#2 May 9, 2009
Da cops catch'em but da judges let'em go.

Das why hard.
Top Gun

Kula, HI

#3 May 9, 2009
It seems that the justice system here in Hawaii is broken (the police do excellent work to catch the criminals but the judges give lenient sentences for major felonies).
Why can't these judges get on the same page as the Police that catch the bad guys and the juries that convict them.
Aren't we all tired of felons commiting serious crimes and having rap sheets miles long back on the street again commiting yet another major crime?
Maybe these lenient judges will get their act together someday and save some innocent citizen the pain of being victimized by a repeat offender.
Henry da 8th

United States

#5 May 9, 2009
off with their heads ....
Be Real

Kalaheo, HI

#6 May 9, 2009
Soem of you are either ignorant or didn't even read the article. This guy is not being freed, now or ever, the ruling is merely a formality to insure that the innocent people like you and I receive justice and fair treatment should we ever be a victim of the justice system. THE LAW in this case says that it's US - WE THE PEOPLE- who must and will decide the fate - his fate- not the judges. So his case just goes back to the court for US to decide, and if you follow this case I'm sure that you'll find that he deserves to get what he had. This is what makes our justice system and our nation a civilized nation - or would you rather have Sadam insane running our country?
Confused

Puunene, HI

#7 May 9, 2009
We have a lot of idiots in Hawaii, and many of them post right here. You make it sound like the Hawaii courts had a choice. They didn't. They were ordered by the Supreme Court of the United States to do this. Besides, the sentence wasn't the problem, it was the way the sentence was decided.
manini

Kapaau, HI

#8 May 9, 2009
Any jury called back in to set the sentence shouldn't need that much time. Walk it, vote for life without parole and walk back into the court room and tell the judge. Don't need no stinking hearing or nothing.
Huh

San Diego, CA

#9 May 9, 2009
I think he qualifies!
student

San Diego, CA

#10 May 9, 2009
manini wrote:
Any jury called back in to set the sentence shouldn't need that much time. Walk it, vote for life without parole and walk back into the court room and tell the judge. Don't need no stinking hearing or nothing.
They must agree that someone who shoots another is not a danger to society......bunch of winners!
alice

Kahului, HI

#11 May 9, 2009
Top Gun wrote:
It seems that the justice system here in Hawaii is broken (the police do excellent work to catch the criminals but the judges give lenient sentences for major felonies).
Why can't these judges get on the same page as the Police that catch the bad guys and the juries that convict them.
Aren't we all tired of felons commiting serious crimes and having rap sheets miles long back on the street again commiting yet another major crime?
Maybe these lenient judges will get their act together someday and save some innocent citizen the pain of being victimized by a repeat offender.
yup
marky mark

Kaneohe, HI

#12 May 9, 2009
I'd sentence the guy to life w/no parole in a heartbeat but I'd make sure we stuck around long enough to get a free meal on the judges tab.
manini wrote:
alice

Kahului, HI

#13 May 9, 2009
I hope Hawaii can improve..under Lingle and Mufi, the state was deteriorated badly.
coolbeanz

United States

#14 May 9, 2009
I got to know officer Glen Gaspar when I had my buisness in Haleiwa town. He was a good guy. No one deserves to go out that way. I say life w/out parole is not enough. They need the death penalty.
yash

Honolulu, HI

#15 May 9, 2009
Don't let the guy out. He killed a good man.
Right on

Honolulu, HI

#16 May 9, 2009
Just give him the one year or parole that everyone else gets for murder here, unless he is haole than he gets 200 death sentenes.
alice

Kahului, HI

#17 May 9, 2009
alice wrote:
I hope Hawaii can improve..under Lingle and Mufi, the state was deteriorated badly.
very true
Pocho

Honolulu, HI

#18 May 9, 2009
What a Joke!

Lose Money Already!!!
alice

Kahului, HI

#19 May 9, 2009
Mufi and Lingle have been bad for Hawaii
WSS

San Diego, CA

#20 May 9, 2009
If a jury is supposed to make the sentencing decision, why does the Hawaiian Paroling Authority always get to decide much much more lenient sentences. They are a major contributor to crime in Hawaii.
alice

Kahului, HI

#21 May 9, 2009
wss is spot-on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Official: Chicago to hire 100s mor... 3 hr WeTheSheeple 48
News CMPD releases body camera, dash-cam footage in ... 8 hr Go Blue Forever 6
News Jury selection continues in Kiplinger murder trial (Aug '07) 20 hr Lucas 37
News Funeral service set for Ohio boy fatally shot b... 22 hr ClintonSuperPreda... 1
News Charlotte protesters: 'Why does it go right to ... Sat TrapMusic 4
News Homicide Charges Against Mother, Daughter Sent ... (Apr '07) Sat JLO 1,935
News Third night of protests in Charlotte over Keith... Sat ky man 4
More from around the web