Man killed, brother injured in drive-by shooting

There are 16 comments on the WBRZ-TV Baton Rouge story from Feb 6, 2006, titled Man killed, brother injured in drive-by shooting. In it, WBRZ-TV Baton Rouge reports that:

From a report by News 2's Ken Pastorick Police are interviewing suspects in an overnight drive-by shooting that left one man dead and his brother injured, while narrowly missing a 3-year-old girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBRZ-TV Baton Rouge.

Sister

Folsom, LA

#1 Mar 28, 2006
Just want to comment on the articles in reference to my family. I am the sister of one of the gunshot victims. My brother, his brother and my two cousins and one of my cousins daughter were in this vehicle. This is/was a wake up call for me to really see One Day you're here, Then you're gone. Quinton was a good child despite what others might say. Going after them and gunning them down the way they did was unnecessary. Nobody deserves to die that way. I know people die everyday but when it hits close to home it is tough. I have a word for the younger as well as the older generation , Whatever it is you maybe experiencing there is nothing God cannot bring you through. Quinton was like my own brother and I am going to miss him dearly. We are now awaiting his trial and I know God will bring all of us through this. Keeping reading and listening for posts. Responses are welcomed.
someone

United States

#2 Dec 1, 2006
I am the wife of one of the gun shot victims. When I tell you that there would be things in your life you never thought you would experience. It's sad that something like this took place. I pray that one day we could all come together and put all this hatred behind. Quinton was very sweet and would do anything for you. His life was short, but God wanted him to be with him. We never know why things happen. When I got the call I didn't know really what to do. My husband was the only thing I was worried about. He was my love, my everything. I don't know what happened to him. Through God all things are possible. You first believe and have faith in him, all miracles will happen. TO the families affected, hold your head up high, don't seek revenge, let God deal with it. Focuse more on prayers to help you out of your situations. I just hope and pray that everyone gets it together and focus on God and that you all realize that's where your strength comes from. Pray for this family and keep them in your prayers. When praises goes up blessings will come pouring down.
Jroc

Seattle, WA

#3 Jan 23, 2007
damn lil bro. that was ma first cousins in that car mayne, but we gon bounce back
2 da point

Folsom, LA

#4 Jan 23, 2007
It is not worth it. They have to deal with a higher power in other words the battle is not yours it's the Lord's. There is a lot of conflict about the situation blaming everybody for his death. But when you trust and believe in God you know it was his time to go. He is resting now and we are left behind to deal with the madness. But for me personally the madness is over. I sleep peacefully at night knowing I have God on my side. I don't want to get a phone call again saying another one of my people are dead or they have killed somebody. Either way it goes we are all affected by it. This is a bunch of crap to me. The way that car was shot up nobody should have walked away. They were left here for a reason and they have a work to do. There is nothing wrong with seeking God. So yes you will bounce back but on a good note. I see the accused I speak to them. Most speak but some don't that's okay. I am covered by the blood of Jesus so no weapon formed against me shall prosper. So lil cuz, whatever it is you might be going through or is on your mind seek Jesus he will make a way out of no way. I will be waiting to here from you.
God has a plan 4 us

Folsom, LA

#5 Mar 12, 2007
2 da point wrote:
It is not worth it. They have to deal with a higher power in other words the battle is not yours it's the Lord's. There is a lot of conflict about the situation blaming everybody for his death. But when you trust and believe in God you know it was his time to go. He is resting now and we are left behind to deal with the madness. But for me personally the madness is over. I sleep peacefully at night knowing I have God on my side. I don't want to get a phone call again saying another one of my people are dead or they have killed somebody. Either way it goes we are all affected by it. This is a bunch of crap to me. The way that car was shot up nobody should have walked away. They were left here for a reason and they have a work to do. There is nothing wrong with seeking God. So yes you will bounce back but on a good note. I see the accused I speak to them. Most speak but some don't that's okay. I am covered by the blood of Jesus so no weapon formed against me shall prosper. So lil cuz, whatever it is you might be going through or is on your mind seek Jesus he will make a way out of no way. I will be waiting to here from you.
couldn't agree with you more. If we can all come together and just let this be a lesson rather than an eye opener for all of us to come together as one. Jesus died for us, and look what thanks we have gave him by killing and hating one another.
2 da point

Folsom, LA

#6 Mar 13, 2007
Thanks. I hope they take heed to it too. That is for both sides. No all sides. Especially the victim's family. They blame everybody for his death but themselves. They are the ones to blame. When you have a CHILD step up and make a way for his family something is wrong. They put him out there. I loved that dude but we must know You die how you live. Live by the streets, Die by the streets.
Exactly

United States

#7 Mar 17, 2007
2 da point wrote:
Thanks. I hope they take heed to it too. That is for both sides. No all sides. Especially the victim's family. They blame everybody for his death but themselves. They are the ones to blame. When you have a CHILD step up and make a way for his family something is wrong. They put him out there. I loved that dude but we must know You die how you live. Live by the streets, Die by the streets.
I couldn't agree with you more. We are always the way they claim to blame, when really it should be an eyeopener to them instead of accusing and wanting to fight everyone like the little sister who thinks she Lala Ali and really doesn't think she can be dealt with one day. I never could understand those people. Smile in your face cry on your shoulder like it's all good. The way the car was shot up, they should have all been dead. It just wasn't there time to go. God protected them and he wanted him home with him. So they just need to face the fact. He was a loving person to those he knew and would do anything for you too. If they want to blame someone, blame God. They no the life he lived and the life they lived too (a confused one) So if anyone got affended it applies to you. Open up your eyes and realize that there is a God up above. By you around here sneaking, fighting, and trying to mess people cars up. Stop and think first because nothing is being accomplished. Go to church, pray sometimes. Relive your way the opposite. If you start hating everyone, who is going to be there for you in the time of need. Think about it, no one is going to be there to help you but God.
2 da point

Folsom, LA

#8 Mar 17, 2007
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree with you more. We are always the way they claim to blame, when really it should be an eyeopener to them instead of accusing and wanting to fight everyone like the little sister who thinks she Lala Ali and really doesn't think she can be dealt with one day. I never could understand those people. Smile in your face cry on your shoulder like it's all good. The way the car was shot up, they should have all been dead. It just wasn't there time to go. God protected them and he wanted him home with him. So they just need to face the fact. He was a loving person to those he knew and would do anything for you too. If they want to blame someone, blame God. They no the life he lived and the life they lived too (a confused one) So if anyone got affended it applies to you. Open up your eyes and realize that there is a God up above. By you around here sneaking, fighting, and trying to mess people cars up. Stop and think first because nothing is being accomplished. Go to church, pray sometimes. Relive your way the opposite. If you start hating everyone, who is going to be there for you in the time of need. Think about it, no one is going to be there to help you but God.
We are his real family. We may not have been blood relatives but he was like our own. We help pay for the funeral, we had a repast with plenty of food, we bought flowers & cards, we laid awake late at night; we mourned. They had a party. I know you are suppose to celebrate death but it was the way he died. You don't celebrate that. You find answers. The only thing we could do is give them to God. He has a plan for them as well as us.
life

Hattiesburg, MS

#9 Mar 17, 2007
let's get along!
sexy black

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Mar 17, 2007
2 da point wrote:
<quoted text>We are his real family. We may not have been blood relatives but he was like our own. We help pay for the funeral, we had a repast with plenty of food, we bought flowers & cards, we laid awake late at night; we mourned. They had a party. I know you are suppose to celebrate death but it was the way he died. You don't celebrate that. You find answers. The only thing we could do is give them to God. He has a plan for them as well as us.
i am trying 2 figure u out u need 2 make up ur mind are u holy or messy make up your mind.
inside news

United States

#11 Mar 17, 2007
I use to work for the police department, his family is blaming everyone for his death. You are right they need to go to church. You can't blame anyone for his death. First they say he was saving someone's child because that person wasn't man enough then they say another person knew about it because they have phone records. First of all Only God knows if it was his time to go it was his time to go. Point blank, whether he was saving someone or not! God knows. Secondly these people must really be dumb because if they have phone records, it is just that records of made and received calls. Not recorded conversation! If they say someone knew because of a phone record they will definitely lose their case. Please take it from me don't go to court with that!
To comment on "Exactly" she ain't Lala Ali because Lala is a beast by her self. This little girl only likes to jump on people. I heard she jumped on Debbie and Leo's daughter. Now if she was Lala Ali she would've have handled her own business. Sounds to me like she's Scary Ali!
But back to the subject GOD KNOWS and fighting everyone in town won't changed what has happened and it won't bring him back. So let this be a lessoned learned and an eye opener for everyone so called, living by the streets! Like it was said earlier you live by the streets, you die by the streets!! That's why we all should draw closer to God he is the only way out. Because as for me, know weapon formed against me shall prosper I am more than a conqueror.
2 da point

Folsom, LA

#12 Mar 18, 2007
sexy black wrote:
<quoted text>i am trying 2 figure u out u need 2 make up ur mind are u holy or messy make up your mind.
See, that is when ignorance comes into play I am being real. I don't hold nothing back for no one. I am not going to look for nothing and trust me I won't back down from anything. I, unlike some, am educated enough to know how to handle mine in more than one way. I fight folks in many different ways. So if you think I am being messy, you have a right to your opinion. But when you read my comments read it with an clear, open mind. The person I commented to knows what the deal is and what is going on unlike you that know nothing. We are living this nightmare. It is like a fire, just when you think it has died out, the flames start again. So Miss Sexy Black, if keeping it real makes you think I am messy, then I am what you say I am. One thing about people in New Roads is that they don't like the truth. But from me that is all you will get.
sexy black

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Mar 18, 2007
2 da point wrote:
<quoted text>See, that is when ignorance comes into play I am being real. I don't hold nothing back for no one. I am not going to look for nothing and trust me I won't back down from anything. I, unlike some, am educated enough to know how to handle mine in more than one way. I fight folks in many different ways. So if you think I am being messy, you have a right to your opinion. But when you read my comments read it with an clear, open mind. The person I commented to knows what the deal is and what is going on unlike you that know nothing. We are living this nightmare. It is like a fire, just when you think it has died out, the flames start again. So Miss Sexy Black, if keeping it real makes you think I am messy, then I am what you say I am. One thing about people in New Roads is that they don't like the truth. But from me that is all you will get.
girl please i am saying the facts i am reading all of your different comments and u are messy.u start mess then u cop a plea bitc* please save it 4 the church
Billy bob

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Mar 18, 2007
Well Are there going to be more killings and drug deal yes because you now only have half of a police dept the mayor in order to get money for his pay rase has cut it in half two officers to a car instead of a officer in each car no driving over 50 miles in a shift go sit at the office do not patrol to prevent crime or be out on the street and be seen buy not only your familys INS but your own as well and now buy your own uniforms and equipment he gets a fat payday you get short change police dept wake up vote him out and off the island
2 da point

Folsom, LA

#15 Mar 18, 2007
Like I said ignorance comes into play. I will not stoop to you. I am better than you will ever be. All heated and calling me names. I applaude you for your lower than low efforts. Keep up the good work. As far as church, you need to try it sometimes. I know where I am going, do you?
someone

Folsom, LA

#17 Mar 18, 2007
2 da point wrote:
Like I said ignorance comes into play. I will not stoop to you. I am better than you will ever be. All heated and calling me names. I applaude you for your lower than low efforts. Keep up the good work. As far as church, you need to try it sometimes. I know where I am going, do you?
You don't owe anyone an explanation. We all know what's up. Some people just can't face the fact, it the truth though. The name calling is really not called for SEXY BLACK, she's telling the truth and you can't take it. No one is being messy or trying to be holy, just stating true facts. If you are offended get over it and face it. No one's beefing, because we are all like family. We loved him just as much as his own family did. Remember no one can judge us but God, so lay off the name calling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leominster man arrested in Fitchburg murder 1 hr insider 1
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 2 hr superwilly 88
News Man gets 21 years for fatal shooting | The Colu... (Dec '09) 4 hr reply to kimberly 20
NBI PHILIPPINES - http://nbi.gov.ph (Nov '07) 12 hr Jaja 201
News Fresno man facing murder charge after shooting ... 21 hr Covered 13
News Drive-By Shooting In Quincy (Apr '11) Thu dave 12
News 'Game of Thrones' has always been a show about ... Thu American_Infidel 14
More from around the web