Cabbie testifies about shooting in Li...

Cabbie testifies about shooting in Liggins trial

There are 4 comments on the York Dispatch story from Apr 7, 2009, titled Cabbie testifies about shooting in Liggins trial. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

A former cab driver testified Monday that he was stopped in his taxicab doing paperwork when someone shot him in the head two years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 7, 2009
"During opening statements Monday for the cabbie shooting, defense attorney Sandra Thompson told jurors that witnesses to Eyster's shooting -- and Eyster himself -- told police the shooter was 5-feet-8 or 5-feet-9."

Ms Thompson I respect your abilities as an attorney but you can't argue the man off this crime because of a few inches in described height. I wonder if you could tell me how tall I am? First, you have to be in a car and I have to be at your window pointing a gun at you. Then, I pull the trigger and you tell me how tall I am. Do this at 2:30 am and see how accurate your height estimate is.

The man confessed. Put him away.
just a girl

Newtown, PA

#3 Apr 7, 2009
I often wonder how a Lawyer can sleep at night, when they get someone off with murder ,when they know for a fact they did it. Never understood that part!!!!

Since: Mar 08

AOL

#4 Apr 7, 2009
Computer Steve wrote:
"During opening statements Monday for the cabbie shooting, defense attorney Sandra Thompson told jurors that witnesses to Eyster's shooting -- and Eyster himself -- told police the shooter was 5-feet-8 or 5-feet-9."
Ms Thompson I respect your abilities as an attorney but you can't argue the man off this crime because of a few inches in described height. I wonder if you could tell me how tall I am? First, you have to be in a car and I have to be at your window pointing a gun at you. Then, I pull the trigger and you tell me how tall I am. Do this at 2:30 am and see how accurate your height estimate is.
The man confessed. Put him away.
You are right on point Computer Steve, I agree with you 100%, put him away and keep him away from society for ever.

Since: Mar 08

AOL

#5 Apr 7, 2009
just a girl wrote:
I often wonder how a Lawyer can sleep at night, when they get someone off with murder ,when they know for a fact they did it. Never understood that part!!!!
I feel the same way "just a girl"... That's a job that I could never feel comfortable doing to save my life.... I guess a defense attorney has to take sleeping pills to get to sleep at night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Protesters Stage Sit-In after Officers Awarded ... 1 hr cbo 1
News Teen faces murder charge (Apr '06) 5 hr Leroy 2
Question for a Professional 5 hr Please review 2
News Man guilty in fatal home invasion for K2 and money 8 hr silly rabbit 20
News Lawyer tells rape trial jury women are 'good' a... Fri Mr Spock 4
News Bond denied for suspect in girlfriend's murder (Sep '16) Thu SARA1 3
News Woman gets 'time served' in 2008 attempted murd... Wed justiceforfew 1
More from around the web