Monrovia cousins convicted of murderi...

Monrovia cousins convicted of murdering 16-year-old Sammantha Salas

There are 349 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Jul 13, 2010, titled Monrovia cousins convicted of murdering 16-year-old Sammantha Salas. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Nickelis and Rayshawn Blackwell, of Monrovia, look towards relatives as their guilty verdicts were being read Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at Burbank Courthouse for the 2008 murder of 16-year-old Sammantha Salas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
SGV626

Monrovia, CA

#1 Jul 13, 2010
Who does the Blackwells used as their attorney? Look at him.. what an A$$... has his hand on one of the murderer... looks like his trying to confort him.. What a joke...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 13, 2010
Not unexpected, the low life ghetto rats and their people are going to act up in court, now that things have finally caught up to them. Life in prison with no parole, is the only just punishment for these scum.
mr roc town

Santa Barbara, CA

#3 Jul 13, 2010
thats weak popo given all du roc fake cases an given them 2 much time tha popo shuld go 2 jail4 weak convictions
What was that again

Baldwin Park, CA

#4 Jul 13, 2010
What was that again, Geoffrey Pope?
Nickelis' attorney, Thomas White, said his client was upset at the prospect of spending the rest of his life in prison. "They're looking at several hundred years, and no one on this earth will be alive to see them get out of custody," said Geoffrey Pope, Rayshawn Blackwell's attorney.
What an idiot! Do you really think they will get out of custody after "several hundred years?" HAHAHAHAHA!
istj04

San Diego, CA

#9 Jul 13, 2010
Let the victim's families SENTENCE these pathetic wastes of oxygen consumption, and call it even!
Jaded

United States

#11 Jul 13, 2010
SGV626 wrote:
Who does the Blackwells used as their attorney? Look at him.. what an ****... has his hand on one of the murderer... looks like his trying to confort him.. What a joke...
Who did the Blackwells use as their attorney? Most likely an underpaid and under appreciated public defender.
Jaded

United States

#12 Jul 13, 2010
we need the naacp wrote:
its so many holes in the da's kase its krazy there lettin these judges and jury play god with to many peoples life it a heart breaking cycle of events
What the world are you talking about. Your sentence makes little, to no, sense even when I substitute the k's for c's. I believe the judicial system has been around for quite a bit; they are not playing 'god', the murderers tried to do that by taking people's lives. The jury is made up of our peers.
unity4all

Canada

#14 Jul 13, 2010
This is jus a terrible traggic situation no1 know for a fact100% if nick n rayshawn did this only the lord..at end of the day the mpd n duarte sherrif are dirty shady cops as we all know n can not deny! They build these bullshit cases on hearsay jus because people had a past or knew someone and used their association as ammo... We all know on the streets these dirty cops jus wanted to make themselves look like they caught the right persons to all these cases dam well knowing they have the wrong guys in custody they just wannted to seem like they were on top of the investigations but did short cutts n set up n charged lots of people with bullshit circumstantial nonsense...they portray the accused in the worst way of. Course all these white collar jury will buy into it...this system is so corrupted n manipulated by people in authority just to "solve close a case" judgement day will come for all them pigs who destroyed all these accused men in custody fight for. Their life! This is a loose situation to all! No1 wins! Many live and familys destroyed! Doesn't change what's done but raises the question do we know they did it? No a jury made a decision based on information that I'm sure was tampered wit no true facts! I'm a mother n feel for the victim...but for the victims mother does it make u feel better seeing 2 young mens freedom taken away!? Or wishin them death? Wishing them death makes u the same as a murderer its self! No1 on earth has right to decide or wish death to anyone! As no1 had the right to take samanthas life! My hearts go out to all! I am mexican american! N I wish for all us blacks n browns to stop the racial hate that society/cops/ignorant people create! We are more alike then we realize! I love all my black n mexican folks! May god bless u all!
Jan Williams

Downey, CA

#15 Jul 13, 2010
A welcome relief of sorts for Sammantha's family. At least this part of the ordeal is over for them. However, they are still sentenced to a lifetime of grief and loss. You don't recover from the death of a child - ever. This isn't a crime drama where it all comes to an end when the verdict is read. It's a very real human tragedy that will affect Jeannette and her family forever. Please try to be sensitive to that in your comments. And, it is a tragedy that will affect the families of the two young men forever as well. That won't be easy either.
unity4all

Canada

#16 Jul 14, 2010
Rayshawn & Nick!! Hang in there.....I'm sure you will be back n fight this! May the truth come out! I knew them personally and have love for people! Nick would never do what he's been accused of as nor rayshawn! This is the reason why I am so ambitious to become a defense attorney to defend those who r innocent n make society a little better if that's all I can do then I will... These people who are victims and accused whenn innocent are my drive..to put my heart into being the best attorney I can n will become...n if I can will try to assist those already convicted to a 2nd chance! Many have been freed after being convicted wrongfully due to our system failing the people! That is my adrenaline that will fuel me to succeed n make a difference! all innocent individuals in jail I see you baby!someones always prayin n thinking of you! Your not forgotten! Justice will be served where its due! Keep ur head up boys!!!I love yall!
Al-Qaeda Central

Whittier, CA

#17 Jul 14, 2010
I would rather be euthanized.
msmore

Sherman Oaks, CA

#18 Jul 14, 2010
What was that again wrote:
What was that again, Geoffrey Pope?
<quoted text>
What an idiot! Do you really think they will get out of custody after "several hundred years?" HAHAHAHAHA!
That was my thought too!

I can't work up any sympathy for these two. And I don't understand loved ones who know darn well they are in a gang, involved with guns, and are so sure they are innocent. Just not buying it. Sounds to me like some major denial issues.

Hopefully, this will allow the victim's family some measure of peace.

And for pete's sake, if you know a family member is in a gang, do whatever you need to get them out. This could be their fate as well.
truth

West Covina, CA

#19 Jul 14, 2010
you want to play, now you got to pay

“Gangbangers smoke pole.”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#22 Jul 14, 2010
Is these even english?
mr roc town wrote:
thats weak popo given all du roc fake cases an given them 2 much time tha popo shuld go 2 jail4 weak convictions
mr roc town

Santa Barbara, CA

#23 Jul 14, 2010
the popo put the sketch of these 2 in the paper months ago ok and the sketch was a mugshot ok. what happen 2 the mnv that ran he shuld be charged sumting for running and leaving the girls

“Gangbangers smoke pole.”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#24 Jul 14, 2010
Rayshawn Blackwell looked back into the audience, smiled and said, "It's all right. We'll be back."

No Rayshawn, you won't be back.
Maybe if you somehow live 5 lifetimes you MIGHT be back.

I love how the gang family got all emotional when they read verdict.

How about putting some of that passion and emotion behind trying to keep your loved one from joining a gang in the first place?
---abc

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Jul 14, 2010
unity4all wrote:
This is jus a terrible traggic situation no1 know for a fact100% if nick n rayshawn did this only the lord..at end of the day the mpd n duarte sherrif are dirty shady cops as we all know n can not deny! They build these **** cases on hearsay jus because people had a past or knew someone and used their association as ammo... We all know on the streets these dirty cops jus wanted to make themselves look like they caught the right persons to all these cases dam well knowing they have the wrong guys in custody they just wannted to seem like they were on top of the investigations but did short cutts n set up n charged lots of people with **** circumstantial nonsense...they portray the accused in the worst way of. Course all these white collar jury will buy into it...this system is so corrupted n manipulated by people in authority just to "solve close a case" judgement day will come for all them pigs who destroyed all these accused men in custody fight for. Their life! This is a loose situation to all! No1 wins! Many live and familys destroyed! Doesn't change what's done but raises the question do we know they did it? No a jury made a decision based on information that I'm sure was tampered wit no true facts! I'm a mother n feel for the victim...but for the victims mother does it make u feel better seeing 2 young mens freedom taken away!? Or wishin them death? Wishing them death makes u the same as a murderer its self! No1 on earth has right to decide or wish death to anyone! As no1 had the right to take samanthas life! My hearts go out to all! I am mexican american! N I wish for all us blacks n browns to stop the racial hate that society/cops/ignorant people create! We are more alike then we realize! I love all my black n mexican folks! May god bless u all!
Do not blame the "cops"they didn`t raise those kids ! Their actions speak for themselves!"Rayshawn Blackwell looked back into the audience,smiled and said,{"it`s alright,we`ll be back."}"." Nickelis Blackwell unleashed a tirade of expletives as the deputies led him away in handcuffs."When other family members attend these court cases,it becomes a circus.They attend it as if it was an invent such as graduation! The only family members that should be allowed in these types of cases are Parents and grandparents.
bzguy1

Burbank, CA

#26 Jul 14, 2010
One day real justice will return to this one time great country, line them up and shoot... end of problems.
Justice Served

Ventura, CA

#27 Jul 14, 2010
They were good boys. It's society that did this. Blah blah blah. Jesse Jackson, set them free and let them live with you.
Tammy

Sylmar, CA

#32 Jul 14, 2010
Nick and Rayshaun are very special to both my daughter crystal and I. and i am devistated about their conviction...We still believe they are innocent and i cannot believe that a jury found them guilty.Hang in there both of you, Nick is like a son to me a a brother to my girls, one of whom i lost in 2004, Nick was the first person at my moms side after she got the call. I love you kid...God's got your back baby....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shooting victim's family begs de Blasio: - We n... 25 min cops are psychopaths 1
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 2 hr The_Box 139
News Police: Pennsylvania man ran fake DUI checkpoin... 2 hr one for the road 1
News February trial set in Tulare murder case (Aug '07) 15 hr dntlseurdedsistrskds 1,064
News Suspect in 30-year-old Roseville kidnapping, mu... (Sep '10) 21 hr loyalalways 35
News Canton man pleads guilty to murder (Oct '07) 23 hr LJay 5
News Fatal shootings by police total nearly 400 nati... Mon reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web