Deputy Involved Shooting

Troop A Deputy Involved Shooting On Sunday, February 4, 2007, State Police detectives were called to a fatal shooting involving an Iberville Parish Sheriff's deputy. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Are You Kiddin Me?”

Since: Jan 07

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

#22 Feb 28, 2007
snark wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't it a bit odd that the passenger didn't try to run while the deputy was getting the driver into the back of the patrol car
we only have the deputy's word on that
No, not really. He wouldn't run if it was his intention to kill the officer from the start.

His buddy was already in cuffs, so if he ran they would most likly identify him from his buddy.

So why would you THINK the officer would just kill him? What purpose would that serve?
further update

Maringouin, LA

#23 Apr 17, 2007
After a complete investigation d. gaudet has been cleared of any wrong doing and has recently returned to duty. for all doubters, JUSTICE was served.
Law Enforcement Officer

United States

#24 May 23, 2007
You know those that have never done the job or had to answer the emergency call are so quick to judge. But when its you against all the unknown factors that rule the day to day work of law enforcement officers, you do not know what you would do. Its easy to second guess the officer after the situation is code 4, but put yourself in his shoes for a second. Many cannot handle it. To all of you that think you can do it better. I challenge you to man the hell up and take the badge! The problem is so many that are talking all this crap, are probably no longer eligible to work in our field.
Boogert

Palo Alto, CA

#25 May 23, 2007
Law Enforcement Officer:
My hat is off to all of you that continue to do what you do day after day. Would I do it? Well, I considered it once, years ago. My father was an officer for about seventeen years. I almost followed his example, but I concluded that I don't like people enough to risk my ass for them. Unfortunately, you folks don't make near enough money either. I'm much too materialistic for that. However, with that said, Kudos to you folks that aren't like me. Your contributions and sacrifices are appreciated by many of us, even if we wouldn't emulate you. Be safe out there. Your family needs you more than society appreciates you.
demetris

Oklahoma City, OK

#26 Jan 6, 2014
Just A Fellow Citizen wrote:
I feel that the state should look into this investigation and get down to the bottom of what really happened. You just can't go off of what the officer said and here a young man is now dead. I believe that something else happened and that the officer should loose his job and let jusitce be served. That's my comment.
he was dead wrong not a day go by I don't think of my brother but God sits high and look low he have my family covered

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Latest Alleged Murder in Bradford 5 hr duh 5
Oklahoma cop's body-cam shows fatal police shoo... Sat Kelly 1
Chicago teen testifies about simple argument qu... Sat reality is a crutch 1
This black woman was shot dead by Ann Arbor pol... Sat Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
Officer involved shooting in Dinuba (Sep '10) Fri keysmith 4
Stanley Dishon expected to take plea deal in co... Fri Big Ed 6
8/20 - Man in Jail for Murder in Cheboygan County (Aug '08) Fri jersey 567
More from around the web