Deputy Involved Shooting

Troop A Deputy Involved Shooting On Sunday, February 4, 2007, State Police detectives were called to a fatal shooting involving an Iberville Parish Sheriff's deputy. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just A Fellow Citizen

Saltillo, MS

#1 Feb 16, 2007
I feel that the state should look into this investigation and get down to the bottom of what really happened. You just can't go off of what the officer said and here a young man is now dead. I believe that something else happened and that the officer should loose his job and let jusitce be served. That's my comment.
Another Citizen

Estherwood, LA

#3 Feb 16, 2007
Where did this happen?
an adult citizen

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2007
Just A Fellow Citizen wrote:
I feel that the state should look into this investigation and get down to the bottom of what really happened. You just can't go off of what the officer said and here a young man is now dead. I believe that something else happened and that the officer should loose his job and let jusitce be served. That's my comment.
You must have read more information than what was in this post or are you just thinking that any officer is guilty till poven innocent.
hmmmm

Batchelor, LA

#5 Feb 16, 2007
why dont you put your chicken ass in a uniform and be out on the streets doing your best to protect the general public and have a thug attempt to hurt you and this thug has no rules to follow as the police do,,,this guy can do anything he wants to and does'nt have to worry about anything but getting cought while the officer must follow the word of the law very carefully,,,how can you say the officer needs to loose his job,,,they are trained to use deadly force when they are asulted to save their lives,,that thug had no business attacking that deputy,,,,i can only imagine what kind of person you are with a stupid comment like that,gut a life ! bet you call the police all the time,and prob. get policed alot too,,,thats why you think like you do.
Xxnemisisx

Batesville, AR

#6 Feb 16, 2007
Glenmora sucks and the school sucks u suck and i wish there was no Glenmora!!!!!!!!!!

lol stfu
Xxnemisisx

Batesville, AR

#7 Feb 16, 2007
i live here in Glenmora, Louisiana and only wish that the town was able to get better things and not be so worthless.

-.-
= I hate this city because there are no true events and that there r not many good people!
ELVIS JR

United States

#8 Feb 16, 2007
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>why dont you put your chicken ass in a uniform and be out on the streets doing your best to protect the general public and have a thug attempt to hurt you and this thug has no rules to follow as the police do,,,this guy can do anything he wants to and does'nt have to worry about anything but getting cought while the officer must follow the word of the law very carefully,,,how can you say the officer needs to loose his job,,,they are trained to use deadly force when they are asulted to save their lives,,that thug had no business attacking that deputy,,,,i can only imagine what kind of person you are with a stupid comment like that,gut a life ! bet you call the police all the time,and prob. get policed alot too,,,thats why you think like you do.
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%, COPS, DAMM IF THE DO, DAMM IF THEY DONT.
audit

United States

#9 Feb 16, 2007
Always innocent until proven guilty unless it is a police officer. Get the rope out and hang him the hell with an investigation. I bet if it were your life directly that he was trying to protect you would have a different attitude.
homer

Atlanta, GA

#10 Feb 17, 2007
cops are not saints like you all think they are. they have the easiest job in the world. more people are killed working in circle k stores then police. 99.9% of the time just are just riding around chasing girls, looking for people running red lights or trying to figure out how to get over on the next person whos path they cross.

“Are You Kiddin Me?”

Since: Jan 07

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

#11 Feb 21, 2007
So since you BELIEVE something else happened here the officer should loose his job? Were you there? Did you get some inside info that no one else here got? If not, I can't understand why you would instantly call for this officers job.

Alot of people like to point fingers at the police and call for heads to roll when this kinda thing happens but we weren't the one in the life or death situation. You can't really understand what goes through a persons mind when they are faced with the possibilty of death, everything happens in slow motion, at that point a person is relying solely on instinct.

“Are You Kiddin Me?”

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

#12 Feb 21, 2007
homer wrote:
cops are not saints like you all think they are. they have the easiest job in the world. more people are killed working in circle k stores then police. 99.9% of the time just are just riding around chasing girls, looking for people running red lights or trying to figure out how to get over on the next person whos path they cross.
Easiest job in the world??? Riding around chasing girls??? You Sir are a total idiot. Your probably just a pissed off ex convict. Everybody who has read your comment is alittle dumber because of it.
John Doe

Covington, LA

#13 Feb 26, 2007
Well, we can see from the education level of this individual,("jusitce ") his comment should be ignored.
Help a brother out

United States

#14 Feb 27, 2007
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we can see from the education level of this individual,("jusitce ") his comment should be ignored.
I see that the spelling police are still on the job.
homer

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 27, 2007
Tell me what cops do if they don't ride around doing nothing all day. They stop cars only if they want to, they might get a few calls to answer everyday but most of the time they are just riding around burning gas, checking out the girls, talking to people or they are stopping people for not wearing seat belts because they have people convinced not wearing your seat belt is dangerous. More cops are killed because of bad driving habits than are shot. They break the law more then we do. Check them out on the hiway. Sometimes you can count 4 or 5 of them from different towns/cities/parishs passing thru driving well above 80 mph. I see them all the time. I guess you're right. Their job is dangerous. driving that fast talking on a cell phone to some girl could get you killed.
COPS are lazy. thats why they are cops.
snark

United States

#16 Feb 27, 2007
murder

Deputy John Gaudet attempted to interview the passenger, identified as Kenneth Miller, 28, of White Castle, State Police said.

Police said Gaudet, who had gone back to Lewis’ car, got into a struggle with Miller, who reportedly attempted to disarm the deputy, and shots were fired.

Police said they believe the shooting took place at 9 p.m.

Miller was pronounced dead at the scene by the Iberville Parish Coroner’s Office.

Lewis was booked into the Iberville Parish Detention Center on counts of speeding and reckless operation.

Iberville Parish sheriff's deputy, John Gaudet told investigators he shot and killed a man after that man attacked him and tried to grab his gun during a traffic stop, but the dead man's family isn't buying the sheriff department's story.

The deputy had stopped a 23-year-old for speeding and already had him in his patrol car when he went back to the car to question Miller, who was the passenger.
ELVIS JR

United States

#17 Feb 27, 2007
homer wrote:
Tell me what cops do if they don't ride around doing nothing all day. They stop cars only if they want to, they might get a few calls to answer everyday but most of the time they are just riding around burning gas, checking out the girls, talking to people or they are stopping people for not wearing seat belts because they have people convinced not wearing your seat belt is dangerous. More cops are killed because of bad driving habits than are shot. They break the law more then we do. Check them out on the hiway. Sometimes you can count 4 or 5 of them from different towns/cities/parishs passing thru driving well above 80 mph. I see them all the time. I guess you're right. Their job is dangerous. driving that fast talking on a cell phone to some girl could get you killed.
IF YOU EVER HAVE A KRACK HEAD WITH A KNIFE TO YOUR THROAT, DONT CALL THE COPS, THE MAY DRIVE TOO FAST AND THATS NOT A GOOD THING. RIGHT

“Are You Kiddin Me?”

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

#18 Feb 27, 2007
homer wrote:
So what exactly were you in jail for?
We know it couldn't have been stupidity, because you would have gotten a life sentence for that.

“Are You Kiddin Me?”

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

#19 Feb 27, 2007
snark wrote:
murder
Deputy John Gaudet attempted to interview the passenger, identified as Kenneth Miller, 28, of White Castle, State Police said.
Police said Gaudet, who had gone back to Lewis’ car, got into a struggle with Miller, who reportedly attempted to disarm the deputy, and shots were fired.
Police said they believe the shooting took place at 9 p.m.
Miller was pronounced dead at the scene by the Iberville Parish Coroner’s Office.
Lewis was booked into the Iberville Parish Detention Center on counts of speeding and reckless operation.
Iberville Parish sheriff's deputy, John Gaudet told investigators he shot and killed a man after that man attacked him and tried to grab his gun during a traffic stop, but the dead man's family isn't buying the sheriff department's story.
The deputy had stopped a 23-year-old for speeding and already had him in his patrol car when he went back to the car to question Miller, who was the passenger.
This proves nothing, its just a statement. How did you conclude this was murder from this simple statement?

The only murder charges of any kind I can see from this statement is Attempted Murder of a police officer against the dumbass who is now dead. CASE CLOSED.

Listen people, if you are stupid enough to try to wrestle a police officers gun away from him, you deserve to be shot.....PERIOD.
snark

United States

#20 Feb 27, 2007
BatonRouge wrote:
<quoted text>
This proves nothing, its just a statement. How did you conclude this was murder from this simple statement?
The only murder charges of any kind I can see from this statement is Attempted Murder of a police officer against the dumbass who is now dead. CASE CLOSED.
Listen people, if you are stupid enough to try to wrestle a police officers gun away from him, you deserve to be shot.....PERIOD.
isn't it a bit odd that the passenger didn't try to run while the deputy was getting the driver into the back of the patrol car

we only have the deputy's word on that
ELVIS JR

United States

#21 Feb 28, 2007
BatonRouge wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anniston man arrested on capital murder charges... 3 hr pss4557 1
Mayfield up for parole for 1985 murder (Mar '09) 17 hr Here Is One 956
Post a Comment (Feb '10) Thu rockyraj 5
Husband, Wife Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide (Jan '07) Thu tellinitlikeitis 18
Police: Man who shot at officer, committed suic... Wed dolores myers 1
Sheriff Coy Reid Supports Armed Defense of Home Wed EdgeSafetyandSecu... 1
The Latest Alleged Murder in Bradford Wed really 6
More from around the web