Allen charged with first degree murde...

Allen charged with first degree murder of Moffett

There are 27 comments on the Tomahawk Online story from May 12, 2010, titled Allen charged with first degree murder of Moffett. In it, Tomahawk Online reports that:

A joint investigation between the Johnson County Sheriff's Department and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has led to the arrest of Michael Craig Allen, 41.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tomahawk Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dishearted

Erwin, TN

#1 May 14, 2010
no one elese got that high of a bond .when they have killed someone even in car accidents .they have all been out within a month or less. what is up with this.
People

Kingsport, TN

#2 May 14, 2010
dishearted wrote:
no one elese got that high of a bond .when they have killed someone even in car accidents .they have all been out within a month or less. what is up with this.
We feel much sadness for families involved. Our prayers are for both families.
Enforcer

Raleigh, NC

#3 May 14, 2010
Allegedly killing someone in a car accident does not reflect the high level of danger to society or the same level of malice as allegedly plotting to kill your girlfriend and then shooting her in the head. Is your question for real? If so, I assume that you would have released Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer out into society on the mere "promise" they'd show up for their trials...

But for your edification, in general, a person who is facing capital murder charges has absolutely no reason not to skip bond. So the system wants to make absolutely sure he'll show up or that, at a minimum, somebody's going to look really hard for him if he doesn't show for court (which if you've ever been potentially out $1 Million probably means you'll do whatever you have to avoid paying up if he skips bond)
Patience

Kingsport, TN

#4 May 14, 2010
Enforcer wrote:
Allegedly killing someone in a car accident does not reflect the high level of danger to society or the same level of malice as allegedly plotting to kill your girlfriend and then shooting her in the head. Is your question for real? If so, I assume that you would have released Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer out into society on the mere "promise" they'd show up for their trials...
But for your edification, in general, a person who is facing capital murder charges has absolutely no reason not to skip bond. So the system wants to make absolutely sure he'll show up or that, at a minimum, somebody's going to look really hard for him if he doesn't show for court (which if you've ever been potentially out $1 Million probably means you'll do whatever you have to avoid paying up if he skips bond)
Most are aware of what you are saying. There are people that are in shock of this tragedy and sometimes ask questions that we tend to find kind of absurd. Need to have patience-that person could possibly be a child on Topix?
deerhunter

Glendale Springs, NC

#5 May 18, 2010
need to build a swinging tree for that bastard!!!!!!!!!coward words cant say what he is !!
time will tell

Johnson City, TN

#6 May 18, 2010
deerhunter wrote:
need to build a swinging tree for that bastard!!!!!!!!!coward words cant say what he is !!
There may be more to the story than you know. We are too swift to find someone guilty, ready to swingum from a tree>then find they weren't guilty after all.
BlueMoon

Kingsport, TN

#7 May 18, 2010
time will tell wrote:
<quoted text>There may be more to the story than you know. We are too swift to find someone guilty, ready to swingum from a tree>then find they weren't guilty after all.
He shot her in the freakin' head for goodness sakes. She was a TINY woman!! Not even five feet tall! What could she have done to cause him to shoot her in the head?
Sadness

Johnson City, TN

#8 May 18, 2010
time will tell wrote:
<quoted text>There may be more to the story than you know. We are too swift to find someone guilty, ready to swingum from a tree>then find they weren't guilty after all.
Well nobody wants to think facts but, this person, small or large was in a situation that got her murdered. The very best we can do to stay away from danger, sometimes will find us. But when we place ourselves, whether tiny or huge, in harms way, we are asking for dangerous goings on. This person was in 50's, a grandparent, and was in very dangerous company. We can surely see the facts of this horrible happening. Beware of bad company.
suk won

Johnson City, TN

#9 May 19, 2010
time will tell wrote:
BLAh BlaH bLAH....guilty is guilty and I hope the murderer / low life drunk / scum rots in HELL with the rest of his no good family! wish we could hang him from a tree and watch his f'ing eye balls pop out!
suk won

Johnson City, TN

#10 May 19, 2010
Sadness wrote:
<quoted text>Well nobody wants to think facts but, this person, small or large was in a situation that got her murdered. The very best we can do to stay away from danger, sometimes will find us. But when we place ourselves, whether tiny or huge, in harms way, we are asking for dangerous goings on. This person was in 50's, a grandparent, and was in very dangerous company. We can surely see the facts of this horrible happening. Beware of bad company.
go crawl back under your rock you back woods freak...life is danger and surely you are not that stupid! Beware of stupid people that think bad things only happen to bad people.
Sadness

Johnson City, TN

#11 May 20, 2010
suk won wrote:
<quoted text>BLAh BlaH bLAH....guilty is guilty and I hope the murderer / low life drunk / scum rots in HELL with the rest of his no good family! wish we could hang him from a tree and watch his f'ing eye balls pop out!
People do wind up in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the WRONG thing!!!!!
Enforcer

Raleigh, NC

#12 May 20, 2010
And some people are killed for completely senseless reasons, without having done anything at all to cause, much less, justify their death. I guess in your scenario, the school children at Columbine shouldn't have been in class. People shouldn't have been working in the World Trade Center either. Kennedy shouldn't have visted Dallas...and so on.

If you're thought process is that she was drinking and therefore invited someone to kill her, then consider the FACTS. Ms. Moffett went to a birthday party for a friend and coworker. That birthday party featured karaoke and was held at the Town & Country. Mike Allen came separately to that party. Ms. Moffitt seemed to have a good time at the party, but certainly was not intoxicated. Later, Mike Allen killed her, apparently after an argument...and according to the Sheriff's report and the TBI criminal investigation...after "plotting" to kill her for several weeks. So I guess to your way of thinking, she somehow placed herself in danger of being killed. Having known the lady myself - and clearly you didn't - I don't think she had any idea that she was about to be killed and if going to a friend's birthday party somehow gives another human being to kill you, then I guess we'd all better stay home and only interact with each other by Topix.
Sadness

Johnson City, TN

#13 May 20, 2010
Enforcer wrote:
And some people are killed for completely senseless reasons, without having done anything at all to cause, much less, justify their death. I guess in your scenario, the school children at Columbine shouldn't have been in class. People shouldn't have been working in the World Trade Center either. Kennedy shouldn't have visted Dallas...and so on.
If you're thought process is that she was drinking and therefore invited someone to kill her, then consider the FACTS. Ms. Moffett went to a birthday party for a friend and coworker. That birthday party featured karaoke and was held at the Town & Country. Mike Allen came separately to that party. Ms. Moffitt seemed to have a good time at the party, but certainly was not intoxicated. Later, Mike Allen killed her, apparently after an argument...and according to the Sheriff's report and the TBI criminal investigation...after "plotting" to kill her for several weeks. So I guess to your way of thinking, she somehow placed herself in danger of being killed. Having known the lady myself - and clearly you didn't - I don't think she had any idea that she was about to be killed and if going to a friend's birthday party somehow gives another human being to kill you, then I guess we'd all better stay home and only interact with each other by Topix.
When we are at home, in our vehicle going to school, work, worship, we know that we can be taken out at any moment. When we enter a "bar" for an entertaining evening, then we can expect tragedy. These types of goings on have lead to disaster from the beginning of time. Oh, and the evilness that has gone on as in Columbine and the World trade Center, as numerous other tragedies, were and are most always caused by Boozing,Drugging individuals,allowing their emotions to run a-muk, plotting against society. We may have someone, getting smashed, plotting to kill us as we chat here on Topix,the Lord only knows. We just live from moment to moment and need to be careful where and with whom we associate ourselves with.
Martia

Garland, TX

#14 May 20, 2010
Sadness wrote:
<quoted text>People do wind up in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the WRONG thing!!!!!
Could it be death comies anytime, even in the "right" place, then
you know it's the "wrong " time, or would you have to do the "wrong" thing ? How does that work ?
Sadness

Johnson City, TN

#15 May 20, 2010
Martia wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be death comies anytime, even in the "right" place, then
you know it's the "wrong " time, or would you have to do the "wrong" thing ? How does that work ?
Can't figure quite frankly, if you are using sarcasm. If this comment is meant for sarcasm, have at it. I just know, from loosing a close family member, being entertained at bar one evening, that this loved one was shot at close range 3 times and of course didn't live. I'm just saying, we know that death for all of us is sure, but we can place ourselves in harms way. We all know that this is a fact. We grieve over our losses and place blame on whoever, when in reality we sadly are aware of circumstances-but the anger is still with us,but will not bring our loved one back to us.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#16 May 20, 2010
Sadness wrote:
<quoted text>Can't figure quite frankly, if you are using sarcasm. If this comment is meant for sarcasm, have at it. I just know, from loosing a close family member, being entertained at bar one evening, that this loved one was shot at close range 3 times and of course didn't live. I'm just saying, we know that death for all of us is sure, but we can place ourselves in harms way. We all know that this is a fact. We grieve over our losses and place blame on whoever, when in reality we sadly are aware of circumstances-but the anger is still with us,but will not bring our loved one back to us.
No sarcasm here, just believe there is a time for everyting.
Martia

Garland, TX

#17 May 20, 2010
Sadness wrote:
<quoted text>Can't figure quite frankly, if you are using sarcasm. If this comment is meant for sarcasm, have at it. I just know, from loosing a close family member, being entertained at bar one evening, that this loved one was shot at close range 3 times and of course didn't live. I'm just saying, we know that death for all of us is sure, but we can place ourselves in harms way. We all know that this is a fact. We grieve over our losses and place blame on whoever, when in reality we sadly are aware of circumstances-but the anger is still with us,but will not bring our loved one back to us.
I'm sorry for your loss and sadness. She was shot in a garage wasn't she ? Maybe you are trying to understand why she trusted enough to go there with him.

Location hidden

#18 May 20, 2010
Sadness wrote:
I am sorry for your loss. you are only trying to understand why she trusted him and not knowing what he was capable of doing.

Location hidden

#19 May 20, 2010
At first I didn't see a post. Sorry for the reposted one.
too bad

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jun 19, 2010
too bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Together Tupelo set today at Link Centre 3 hr Jobs 8
News Black Lives Matter, But So Does The Truth 5 hr captain schmuck 4
News Vice Lords feel squeeze of arrests (Jul '06) 18 hr 5 Poppin 6 Droppin 373
News Chicago Police union to officers: Don't request... 20 hr bozo 1
News Pam Frampton: America: shot through the heart, ... 22 hr Watchdog 1
News Local officials react to a week of national vio... 23 hr the truth 7
News Fitchburg police: Level 3 sex offender charged ... Tue Louie 3
More from around the web