Family of Three Including Toddler Mur...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe D

United States

#22 Jul 23, 2013
Campbell i commented in another thread where Miriam the survivor of the Stuart Family murders had posted.

From what i was told by a friend in law enforcement back then was that Louis Giambi and his 2 friends, James Cloran and a former Pagan MC member were suspected of killing the Deal family. I don't know anything about Gary Deal but the suspects were real lowlifes who were heavily involved in the manufacture and distribution of methamphetamine in the south jersey-philly area. Cloran was murdered shortly after the Stuart family murders and the police said Giambi was the main suspect in that murder also. The Pagan member testified at Giambi's triple murder trial and was put into the witness protection program. He died several years later. The law let him off the hook on several crimes as a reward for testifying against Giambi.

Giambi got the gun he used in the Stuart family murders from Willard Moran who was covicted in the mob hit on Roofers Union President John McCullough. All these guys were part of the criminal network that controlled the manufacturing and distribution of methamphetamine in the philly-south jersey area back in the late 1970's and 1980's.
Tony L

Roanoke, VA

#24 Jul 9, 2014
I remember when this happened, I was 9 years old at the time growing up in Hammonton, later I I moved out to Folsom when my mother remarried and my step father had lived there his whole life, in fact one of his employees lived in that house for many years and I went there many times. The story I always knew was it was a drug related hit, and the Pagans were involved. I also knew some of the Deal family, and the ones I knew were involved with drugs. I know because I used to party with them back in the day!
Pam

Vineland, NJ

#25 Aug 2, 2014
Angel wrote:
I sometimes wonder if it could have been a murder/suicide. Is that crazy?
I use to live in this home as well. I would like to talk to you Angel ......
Pam

Vineland, NJ

#26 Aug 2, 2014
Tom wrote:
I remember that a night or two before the murder occured that I went to a Halloween party at the house across the street.
It was about 7pm and as my Mom tried to turn left into the driveway, we were almost hit by a car traveling at a high rate of speed without its headlights on.
The mom of the girl that was having the party was on the steps watching and said that the car came out of the Deal Family driveway.
My Mom reported this to the police when she was stopped at the roadblock. Never heard anything come of it.
I heard that the Deals were killed in the early morning hours though, so I don't know if this helps at all.
It was in the evening......
Tom

Wetumpka, AL

#27 Aug 2, 2014
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes!

I think the party was at 7pm on either Friday or Saturday night (27th or 28th of October respectively).

It does fit the time-frame a little closer then - that's scary...
Pam

Vineland, NJ

#28 Aug 10, 2014
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes!
I think the party was at 7pm on either Friday or Saturday night (27th or 28th of October respectively).
It does fit the time-frame a little closer then - that's scary...
It was their anniversary. Their anniversary dinner was still on the table when they were found. Apparently they was all just sitting down to eat when the bell rang ...
Terrid856

Madison, VA

#31 Dec 31, 2015
Larry Lutz wrote:
Campbell,
Gary Deal was my best friend in 1978. I can tell you he was not a member of a motorcycle club and he did NOT want to be a member of any club. He rode with a few friends, myself included and he did own a 1957 Harley Davidson Pan Head that was a daily driver and also was shown in many bike shows. Took best of show at the Philadelphia Civic center, I believe in 1975. He did have many biker friends and was well liked. He should not be portrayed as some outlaw biker involved in some big drug operation, therefore his death is meaningless. His only enemy at the time in 1978 was a $300.00 a month mortgage payment that he struggled to pay every month. I can't tell you how many times Gary borrowed money from me to pay his mortgage, but I can tell you that Gary always paid me back and was a true friend in every regard. Joan his wife was an angel and my son was named after Gary's three year old son, Jason. If Gary was involved in some drug deal, I can assure you, it was out of desperation and the only way that he felt he could provide for his family. They were good people, and to this day I stop at the cemetery in Hammonton where Gary is laid to rest and say hello. Unfortunately Joan and their son Jason are laid to rest somewhere in Philly. I have my own theory of who was involved in the family's murder and truly believe that those who were involved are now deceased or incarcerated for other unrelated crimes. I hope I was able to portray the Deal family as a good wholesome family. Gary loved life and loved people. There will never be another Gary Deal at least not in my lifetime. He was a gifted individual that was always positive, energetic, and so full of life. What a tragedy. Thank you for keeping their memory alive.
Thank you Larry for describing my brother and his beautiful wife and son and for remaining his friend all these years later. God bless you for that.
My brothers murder was not drug related nor was he ever a motorcycle gang member. He liked Harleys and he rode with friends, period. He was a guy who would give you the very shirt off his back. Quick to help or with a joke and a smile.
Shame on you folks for spreading lies and rumors. My, our mother taught us if we had nothing nice or true to say then remain silent. Thinking your moms taught you that too and you just forgot.
I'd thank you to remember it now on things you know nothing about, sincerely, Terri Deal
Terrid856

Madison, VA

#32 Dec 31, 2015
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
It was their anniversary. Their anniversary dinner was still on the table when they were found. Apparently they was all just sitting down to eat when the bell rang ...
This is a lie! It was their anniversary, there was no party and no dinner on the table. Sincerely, Terri Deal
Terrid856

Madison, VA

#33 Dec 31, 2015
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to live in this home as well. I would like to talk to you Angel ......
Let's think about this for a minute, murder-suicide theory. Lol
First Gary would have shot his wife, cut her throat then cut his sleeping 3 year olds throat and then shot himself 5 times in the face, cut his throat. AND THEN went out in the woods to bury the knife and gun because the murder weapons were never found! Came back in the house, laid on the floor to die!
This theory is ludicrous at best
Terrid856

Madison, VA

#34 Dec 31, 2015
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to ruin your theory but I talked to my sister in law that night around 7:30. So the car your mom saw could not have had anything to do with my brother and his family being murdered.
But thank your mom for my family that she stepped forward to give what may have been valuable evidence.
God bless, Terri Deal
Terrid856

Madison, VA

#36 Dec 31, 2015
Campbell West wrote:
I would like to learn any information regarding the execution of the Deal family in rural Atlantic County NJ- Folsom. The family was executed and it remains unsolved. No arrests or suspects. Very brutal- no known motive. Robbery not a motive. No known enemies- family was of modest means. No family issues.
There was very little media coverage- no follow up stories. A very cold case.
Any information would be appreciated.
Who are you and how does this case pertain to you?
Sincerely, Terri Deal
Terrid856

Madison, VA

#37 Dec 31, 2015
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Pam, this is a total lie. Sincerely, Terri Deal
Terrid856

Madison, VA

#38 Dec 31, 2015
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>. Nance please tell me more-- describe area ? Any nicknames or club ? Anything I can verify thru other sources or against investigative file?
Mr. Campbell, if you want information on my brothers murder you're not going to get it from people that are clueless and are only interested in slander and lies.
My brother was not then or ever a "biker" nor was he a drug dealer.
If he was, wouldn't we, the family know? Or at the least, the State Police or FBI? And yet these were never uncovered facts of my brothers life that were ever shared with us
It is a Unsolved case on paper. But the detectives are 99% certain they were murdered by Louis Giambi, the same man responsible for a family of 3 murder in Pine Hill.
He won't cooperate as he is already serving 3 life sentences.
An FYI. The State Police continue to work on this case and are in contact with the family.
Again, sir, I'd like to know what your interest in my brothers case is about.
Sincerely, Terri Deal
Angel

Sewell, NJ

#39 Mar 4, 2016
Terrid856 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Campbell, if you want information on my brothers murder you're not going to get it from people that are clueless and are only interested in slander and lies.
My brother was not then or ever a "biker" nor was he a drug dealer.
If he was, wouldn't we, the family know? Or at the least, the State Police or FBI? And yet these were never uncovered facts of my brothers life that were ever shared with us
It is a Unsolved case on paper. But the detectives are 99% certain they were murdered by Louis Giambi, the same man responsible for a family of 3 murder in Pine Hill.
He won't cooperate as he is already serving 3 life sentences.
An FYI. The State Police continue to work on this case and are in contact with the family.
Again, sir, I'd like to know what your interest in my brothers case is about.
Sincerely, Terri Deal
Terri, I didn't mean any disrespect I just feel connected to this family ever since my husband and I moved in! I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Andrew

Philadelphia, PA

#43 May 8, 2016
Larry Lutz wrote:
Campbell,
Gary Deal was my best friend in 1978. I can tell you he was not a member of a motorcycle club and he did NOT want to be a member of any club. He rode with a few friends, myself included and he did own a 1957 Harley Davidson Pan Head that was a daily driver and also was shown in many bike shows. Took best of show at the Philadelphia Civic center, I believe in 1975. He did have many biker friends and was well liked. He should not be portrayed as some outlaw biker involved in some big drug operation, therefore his death is meaningless. His only enemy at the time in 1978 was a $300.00 a month mortgage payment that he struggled to pay every month. I can't tell you how many times Gary borrowed money from me to pay his mortgage, but I can tell you that Gary always paid me back and was a true friend in every regard. Joan his wife was an angel and my son was named after Gary's three year old son, Jason. If Gary was involved in some drug deal, I can assure you, it was out of desperation and the only way that he felt he could provide for his family. They were good people, and to this day I stop at the cemetery in Hammonton where Gary is laid to rest and say hello. Unfortunately Joan and their son Jason are laid to rest somewhere in Philly. I have my own theory of who was involved in the family's murder and truly believe that those who were involved are now deceased or incarcerated for other unrelated crimes. I hope I was able to portray the Deal family as a good wholesome family. Gary loved life and loved people. There will never be another Gary Deal at least not in my lifetime. He was a gifted individual that was always positive, energetic, and so full of life. What a tragedy. Thank you for keeping their memory alive.
Not 100% sure how accurate this is but today my uncle was talking about them because my grandpa was saying when he was riding down a road in folsom he saw a beautiful young woman atleast 24 standing on the side of the road and as him and his buddy were getting closer she walked infront of the car and both saw her and right before inpact she disappeared, but my uncle said something about a week before the deals were murdered their dog was killed too is it true?
creepyguy

Blackwood, NJ

#44 May 16, 2016
Coleen wrote:
I just recently found out about the Stuart triple murders. I moved to Pine Hill 3 years ago and my daughter just recently got a job at a local grocery store.When her manager found out where she lived he told her about the murders. Now I have found conflicting address for this. The local paper listed my house as address but somebody thought it was the house next door. Do any of you happen to know the right address?
Donnie boy said it was your place col &#128521; lol
S-bear6

Williamstown, NJ

#45 Sep 27, 2016
I recall this happening even though i was pretty young. I have lived in this town for my entire live and have had great relationships with people of every age in this community, and a interest in its history. From what i have heard over the years is that the murders that occurred were true, however that family was not the intended target. They were accidentally killed by whoever it was by a mix-up off the intended location. Not sure how true it is but that's what i have heard from a couple people over the years...
Annon

Williamstown, NJ

#46 Nov 2, 2016
So there was truly no suspects or anything regarding thing case.
Terry Derstine

United States

#47 Feb 8, 2017
Is the case still open
Stuart

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Apr 4, 2017
S-bear6 wrote:
I recall this happening even though i was pretty young. I have lived in this town for my entire live and have had great relationships with people of every age in this community, and a interest in its history. From what i have heard over the years is that the murders that occurred were true, however that family was not the intended target. They were accidentally killed by whoever it was by a mix-up off the intended location. Not sure how true it is but that's what i have heard from a couple people over the years...
If you are referring to the Stuarts. They were not the intended target and he broke into the wrong house. I should know I am the only survivor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Black groups in Cincinnati upset by... 5 hr Whites Sick of Ki... 2
News Toone murder case set for grand jury 5 hr Lady Mckinnie 4
News $3.5 Million Bond In Deadly Waukegan Gang Shooting (Jun '08) 6 hr Ramsey 45
News Trump's First 100 Days: Has Black America Been ... 7 hr Daniel your a star 21
News Jeronimo Yanez, Minnesota officer in Philando C... 10 hr slick willie expl... 82
News Oak Hill man dies after shots exchanged in Faye... 18 hr Upeopleneedtogeta... 15
News Crime 43 mins ago 3:44 p.m.Closing arguments un... 20 hr Vandam 2
More from around the web