San Pablo police kill woman reportedly attacking husband with knife

Dec 27, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SFGate

“During the investigation, an officer-involved shooting occurred when Rosalyne McHenry age 57 armed herself with a butcher knife and attempted to assault her husband, Harry McHenry age 51. Rosalyne McHenry was pronounced deceased at the scene.”

A 57-year-old San Pablo woman who was trying to attack her husband with a butcher knife was fatally shot by police on Christmas night, police said Wednesday. via SFGate

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Nov 8, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Meow

San Pablo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

San Pablo needs to take a page from Richmond Police play book. Don't show up. Or show up after someone is dead and wrap a bunch of yellow tape around the house and add the case to the pile they already have.

Since: Oct 07

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

attacking her husband with a butcher knife. I find this hard to believe.
Jason B

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2007

San Pablo Police department needs to take responsibilty for their actions this was a 57 year old women.
Police Overkill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

This is just amazing!

“When she was about six feet away, Schuld said, both officers began shooting. Each fired nine rounds. Rosalyne McHenry died at the scene. "Officers are trained to fire multiple times," Schuld said.” And so now we know the definition of “multiple”: it means, empty your magazine. You wanna bet if you or I emptied our magazines into a burglar coming at us with a knife or worse, in our own homes, the DA would jump all over us for using excessive force.

I wonder if Rosalyne McHenry is black. If so, you can expect the black reverend-parasites to jump on this like they did on the Clearlake 3 and like the Asians did when the crazy woman with the cleaver-looking vegetable peeler got taken out of the gene pool. However, if white, we won’t be hearing much of anything.
Hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Yes, she was black 4 foot 11 inch 90 pound ball of joy. We will miss her greatly. Funeral is scheduled for Friday, January 3rd.
Hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

It's not about race, it's about right and wrong. And clearly, the police were wrong.
5150IAM

Albany, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2008

YES THE POLICE WERE WRONG. THE POLICE ARE TAUGHT
SHOOT TO KILL.WHY? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HAND OR AT
THE FEET AS A SCARE TACTIC WARNING SHOT IN THE AIR! OH IF THEY DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO SHOOT.THEY WANT TO USE A TAZER. NOT, IF THAT WOMAN WAS 90LBS
IT PROBABLY WOULD GIVE HER HEART ATTACK. CLEARLY SHE WAS UPSET BUT I THINK A SHOT IN THE AIR WOULD
HAVE STUMPED HER LONG ENOUGH TO TAKE THE KNIFE.IM
WHITE AND ITS NOT ABOUT RACE.IM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS FOR THE FAMILY AND THOSE WHO KNEW HER.2 COPS!
WELL SHE IS IN A BETTER PLACE.WE HAVE TO STAY
BEHIND WITH THE COPS THAT WILL PROBABLY GO INSANE
AND TAKE IT OUT ON FAMILY OR KILL THEMSELVES.I TRULY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED.
Paradox

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Paradox

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Paradox

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Paradox

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Come on people, you know women do not commit acts of violence.Right or..........wrong?
Allan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

How in the world do both officers empty thier magazines on this 90 pound woman. And to top it off, they shoot the husband too. This must be investigated to the utmost to make sure the San Pablo Police Department doesn't have a couple of loose cannons for cops. I don't know all the circumstances, but even in the worse scenario I can understand their reasoning for firing....but nine times each...cmon!
Saftey Pin

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

They could have done everything in their power besides killing her. These two officers need their badges taken and taught what the differnce is between self defense and restraint. Her life was taken as if she threatned them. They should be brought to justice and I would not stop fighting this until justice was served on these two suppose to be "Officers of the Law".
Hi-C

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2008

You are so right! I wonder if either one of those police officers have a heart or concious to do the right thing? Do any of you actually expect them to be honorable????? I would hope they didn't mean it and they just lost it but, to add insult to death takes it to another level.
Hi-C

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2008

By those police officers reacting as they did, they took a bad situation and made it worse! It started as a argument and ended in tragic. They supposedly responded to help the McHenrys but instead; killed and wounded them. I'm glad those officers' didn't respond to any of my calls!!!
Zakiyya

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2008

Lets' take a moment and pray for Rose. May the Lord have mercy on her soul! I also pray Harry find peace!
Zakiyya

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2008

Yes, I agree! They came in the guise of helping and instead of being a part of the solution; they became the PROBLEM! What type of education and degree are these officers required to have? These are the people we choose to protect us???? I don't like how FAST THEY THINK ON THEIR FEET, their response is lethal....
A close friend

Pleasant Hill, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

It was senseless. Those officers will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. How can they justify someone getting shot 18 times. Insurgents don't get shot that many times in Iraq and the lion that killed the young man at the
San Francisco was shot 3 times.
Rhonda Williamson

Richmond, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

The San Pablo Police was so far out of line.. Rose was a special lady and will be deeply missed..I'm still getting over the shock..
a friend of hers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

i do agree with everyone too.I dont believe that she should have been killed that way..........the police could have went about it in a totally different manner, they were so out of pocket........i still cant believe that this tragedy happened to Rose.........My family has so many memories with her she will most definitly be truly missed and FOREVER LOVED....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••