Maple Heights police investigating late-night shooting

Sep 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cleveland.com

A man is in critical condition this morning after being shot multiple times in front of his home Tuesday night, according to news reports .

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

I have a house on the west side of Maple now and when I get some outdoor chairs, I'll be sitting in my back yard and hopefully just have to be chasing the mosquitoes out of the yard and not little thugglets. But if any thugglets do come in my yard, well, I hope they like dogs because I have a couple that don't like intruders. lol!

This year there was a shooting near my old house on the east side and the other week, that repo driver was found all beat up near my house so there still are crimes here, just not as many.

Just a theory.....say for some reason, in the next 5 years, all the blacks moved out of Maple Hts. and all the people here were white, no Muslims, no Jehovah Witness, no terrorists of any kind. I wonder what the crime stats would then be? The same? More? Less? lol! We probably all know the answer to that one. lol!
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Maple Resident wrote:
I have a house on the west side of Maple now and when I get some outdoor chairs, I'll be sitting in my back yard and hopefully just have to be chasing the mosquitoes out of the yard and not little thugglets. But if any thugglets do come in my yard, well, I hope they like dogs because I have a couple that don't like intruders. lol!
This year there was a shooting near my old house on the east side and the other week, that repo driver was found all beat up near my house so there still are crimes here, just not as many.
Just a theory.....say for some reason, in the next 5 years, all the blacks moved out of Maple Hts. and all the people here were white, no Muslims, no Jehovah Witness, no terrorists of any kind. I wonder what the crime stats would then be? The same? More? Less? lol! We probably all know the answer to that one. lol!
As I explained to MapleMan repeatedly, if it were legal to discriminate against blacks, our property values would double overnight. That means no blacks living here, working here, visiting here, driving through the city, no shopping here, no blacks period.

MapleMan had no disagreements because he knows it is true. White people love to live among themselves. On the other hand, American blacks are the only race of people in the world (with the exception of those with religious or territorial issues) that constantly strive to move away from their own kind.

White middle-class neighborhoods are safe, clean, have thriving businesses, lower tax rates, lower automobile and home insurance rates, and have safe and successful schools. The only problem with an all white suburb is that because housing would increase in value, so would county taxation. However, I would be willing to pay the price.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Yeah, taxes might be higher but think of the money we'd save on not having to have all our outdoor lights on all night and have fences installed, alarm system monthly payments and to have to pay premium rates to ship our kids to private schools. The money we'd save there would probably cover the higher tax rate. Oh yeah, and all the guns we need to buy to protect our homes and families.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Maple Resident wrote:
Yeah, taxes might be higher but think of the money we'd save on not having to have all our outdoor lights on all night and have fences installed, alarm system monthly payments and to have to pay premium rates to ship our kids to private schools. The money we'd save there would probably cover the higher tax rate. Oh yeah, and all the guns we need to buy to protect our homes and families.
I would not only break even, but perhaps even realize a profit given the fact I would be able to charge more for my rental units. Add in the lower insurance premiums on my auto and rentals, I would be doing a lot better than I am today.
Male Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

And plus we wouldn't need such a big police force and fire dept. if the blacks all moved away. Less tax dollars.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Male Resident wrote:
And plus we wouldn't need such a big police force and fire dept. if the blacks all moved away. Less tax dollars.
This is true. Before the blacks moved in, we had one fire department: Dunham Road. After the blacks moved in, we needed a second fire department on Warrnsville Center Road.

It seems on weekends all I hear are ambulances. I don't know if this goes on during the working days because of course, I'm at work. But it's a constant thing.

From time to time, the police go out on these rescue calls and I can't believe what these black people call ambulances for. I hear calls like a persons arm is hurting them. I heard one call where the mother suspected her kid swallowed a penny. If your kid swallowed something and is not dying, take him to the ER yourself!

We have an apartment building near where I live. Obviously, the smoke detectors are directly monitored by our fire department. Every time some black person burns a hamburger, the fire department comes out with the hook and ladder, an ambulance, and a police car. At least when I'm home after work and on the weekends, the fire department goes to those apartment buildings at least four times a week..... probably more when you add in the times they go there when I'm at work.

I don't know what all this costs taxpayers, but I'm sure it's into the thousands. I often wonder how many other apartment buildings in the city have the same commotion going on?
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

For some reason the 'P' wasn't working on my keyboard and I was being listed as Male Resident. Oh well, same thing.

I used to hear sirens all day long but it slowed down in Maple. Maybe the Obama phones can't keep a charge and they can't call as often. Ha ha ha!

They do call police, EMS and fire for the dumbest things though. I remember seeing on the news a story about what they call for, like you said, xxx, stuff like they need a ride to the hospital for an appointment or they got a sliver. They don't have the brains to know what these services are for.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Maple Resident wrote:
For some reason the 'P' wasn't working on my keyboard and I was being listed as Male Resident. Oh well, same thing.
I used to hear sirens all day long but it slowed down in Maple. Maybe the Obama phones can't keep a charge and they can't call as often. Ha ha ha!
They do call police, EMS and fire for the dumbest things though. I remember seeing on the news a story about what they call for, like you said, xxx, stuff like they need a ride to the hospital for an appointment or they got a sliver. They don't have the brains to know what these services are for.
Or the police for that matter. That's why we only allow so many calls per year to police. If they have to keep coming out, beyond (I think it's twice a year) then they start to charge you for it. The charges appear on your property tax bill so there's no getting around it.

The charge system started because of the multiple calls to police about petty issues. A mother constantly calling the cops about her son or daughter, neighbors that argue three times a week, domestic arguing and so on. They finally got sick of it.
mapleman

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Maple Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as crime is concerned ... the police aren't publicly reporting the crime .. doesn't mean crime doesn't exist. Residents must insist that crimes committed in their city be posted on the internet
We thought that a few years back. It was a fact that some crimes didn't make the Plain Dealer. Why? Once the local papers died, there was concern that people wouldn't find out what was going on in the city.

But crime has died down a lot in recent years. It's definitely helped that Maple chose to let houses sit empty instead of letting slumlords purchase them and rent them out. I've seen houses sitting empty for years on the westside. The property is kept up though. All it takes is one family to turn a block into nightmare.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
We thought that a few years back. It was a fact that some crimes didn't make the Plain Dealer. Why? Once the local papers died, there was concern that people wouldn't find out what was going on in the city.
But crime has died down a lot in recent years. It's definitely helped that Maple chose to let houses sit empty instead of letting slumlords purchase them and rent them out. I've seen houses sitting empty for years on the westside. The property is kept up though. All it takes is one family to turn a block into nightmare.
Had nothing to do with it. Our biggest downfall was the housing bubble that invited all the inner-city lowlifes to come here and live for free. Zero percent down and no credit check instituted by HUD during the Clinton administration allowed all this destruction to take place. Because of the overload of foreclosures, it took a couple of years for banks to catch up on everybody. After they caught up and kicked the blacks back into Cleveland, that's when things started to improve around here.

As I said repeatedly: rental property was part of Maple Heights before you were even born, part of Maple Heights now, and will be part of Maple Heights in the future. Rental properties had nothing to do with the problems we experienced. In fact, because of the housing crash, rental properties are more popular than ever. We are experiencing record levels of renters and just about the only people purchasing homes today are landlords. In Maple Heights and across the US, there is more rental activity than anytime in our lives.
mapleman

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

It's been proven rental properties can be the downfall of neighborhoods. It was LOW-INCOME renters that started the downfall of Maple Heights. I'm well aware that renters were part of Maple Heights before I was born, but low-income renters from Cleveland were not.

The east side of Maple had a gang problem before Clinton took office. There were gang related shootings and robberies. It was all due to low-income renters and their visitors.

The housing bubble only made matters worse. But the fact remains, if you keep slumlords out, you have a better city. That's not even up for debate. There have been a number of crime maps posted online showing crime following section 8 renters.

You're too old to remember the problem Maple Schools had when residency requirements weren't enforced. Low-income renters were bringing in kids of other family members to go to school in Maple.

They once had all black males report to the cafeteria due to gang issues brought in from low-income renters.

Do you remember a few years back when the mayor of Cleveland Heights wanted to make section 8 renters take classes before moving into Cleveland Heights? It was due to all the issues the city had with low-income renters. I guess the residents and mayor were just wrong about the renters. lol

Stop using Republican talking points for everything.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

If you take a look at Cleveland Heights, they still have problems today. In fact it was only a year or two ago where the Mayor changed the curfew law to 6:00 pm for all people under the age of 18. The blacks cried discrimination even though the law applied to all minors and he had to rescind his law.

I'm not saying Maple didn't have problems before the housing bubble; we did. What I am saying is the problems skyrocketed during the 0% down era. We were averaging three murders a year during the heart of all this. Hell, one year, all three murders took place less than a mile from my home!

Your landlord theory holds no water. Why? Because there is no consistency.

Again, rental properties were always here, yet the increase in violent crime took place during and shortly after the housing bubble. HUD and rental properties are still here (no changes) and our crime and violence decreased after the banks caught up with their foreclosures. In fact I don't recall us having one murder this entire year. No consistency.

About four years ago my police scanner was non-stop. We had officers cutting each other off on the radio and very frequently needed the assistance from other police forces such as Garfield, Bedford and even Independence. Now on the weekend I forget my scanner is on because it's so quiet and sometimes have to get up out of bed to turn it off when a call finally comes through.
mapleman

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

As I said, there were shootings before the housing bubble. They were because of low-income renters. There are shootings now(no murders). Still the same thing. Low-income renters and the trash they bring to the city.

Before the low-income renters arrived, there weren't any shootings. Think back to when most of the black population owned homes across Broadway. No crime. There were a few black homeowners sprinkled elsewhere in the city. No Crime. It was the influx of low-income renters that brought crime. The housing bubble made problems much worse, but it started with low-income renters and slum lords.

Cleveland Heights has been dealing with a gang problem since I was in school. Again, low-income renters. It was getting worse during the housing bubble. Why? Slumlords buying homes and renting to section 8'ers.

Again, look up the stats on how crime follows section 8 renters.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Better still, why don't you post the crime statistics of renters vs home owners?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••