Scottsville Weekly Publishes Dumler P...

Scottsville Weekly Publishes Dumler Petition Signatories' Names

There are 133 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 30, 2013, titled Scottsville Weekly Publishes Dumler Petition Signatories' Names. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The latest twist in the Chris Dumler story, and the effort to force him off the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors after a sexual battery conviction, now includes a very public listing of the people who oppose him staying on the board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
stunned in albemarle

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 5, 2013
I would have not signed the petition because I knew it was a public document. However, I see nothing wrong with the publishing of this information since anyone can request and get a copy of the document. It is public record.
Ray Ray

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 5, 2013
The names should be published and the signers should be banished from Scottsville! Shame on them for not backing their liberal!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 5, 2013
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 5, 2013
what's next, registered gun owners?
stunned in albemarle

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Apr 5, 2013
huck wrote:
what's next, registered gun owners?
I do not think that is a public document, huck.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 5, 2013
stunned in albemarle wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think that is a public document, huck.
not in VA
http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/2012... -
Naomi Adcock

United States

#8 Apr 5, 2013
My address is Scottsville,but I don't live in Albemarle County, so I didn't vote for Dumler. But I sure wish I could sign that petition. I'm so sick of seeing that smirk and hearing his name. The board of supervisiors has become a joke. IF Dumler cares about the county at all he needs to leave before the court date, to spare the expense and to avoid part 3 of this circus act. Just go away, far far away.
Ice Dogg

Cumming, GA

#9 Apr 5, 2013
Good to see the pettiness in Scottsville is still there. I kinda miss my old hometown.
Enough

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Apr 5, 2013
1st amendment to get scum out of Scottsville and off of the BOS, you f______ right its worth it. The rest of you cackling hide behind your shades don't deserve any input.

Forced Sodomy is rape and Dumler plead guilty to Sexual Battery (rape)!

Bebe Williams who is the editor of Scottsville Weekly, has used the Scottsville Weekly to make Dumler into an innocent victim.

Hey Bebe, why don't you do some real journalism on sexual violence against women. You've made it very clear that you're a Dumler supporter.

Those of you who want to keep him on the BOS, start you're own petition.
are you that dumb

United States

#11 Apr 5, 2013
Well said!!! way to go!!!!!!!!
are you that dumb

United States

#12 Apr 5, 2013
Enough wrote:
1st amendment to get scum out of Scottsville and off of the BOS, you f______ right its worth it. The rest of you cackling hide behind your shades don't deserve any input.
Forced Sodomy is rape and Dumler plead guilty to Sexual Battery (rape)!
Bebe Williams who is the editor of Scottsville Weekly, has used the Scottsville Weekly to make Dumler into an innocent victim.
Hey Bebe, why don't you do some real journalism on sexual violence against women. You've made it very clear that you're a Dumler supporter.
Those of you who want to keep him on the BOS, start you're own petition.
Well said!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
twinmom

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Apr 5, 2013
Just because you CAN legally publish the list, doesn't mean you SHOULD publish the list. I don't buy the argument that it's part of the public record, so it's fair game. The names of victims of sexual violence, the names of victims of child abuse, the names of juveniles charged with serious crimes are all part of the public record. But very few members of the media will publish those names.

What is the paper trying to do? Intimidate the petition signers? That's what it looks like.
I hope that the paper loses close to 500 subscriptions over this stunt.
Greene Native

Ruckersville, VA

#14 Apr 5, 2013
Scottsville paper going to teach all those against rape and sodomy a lesson.
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Apr 5, 2013
What an unethical, spiteful "publication" is the Scottsville Weekly.

The line between what one CAN do and what one SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do is called ethics. Clearly, the hack in charge of this rag has none.
hello

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Apr 5, 2013
if you are against this idiot, then why be upset that they printed your info as one who signed the petition? if you are for this idiot, then here is the evidence against him. he is smirking because all of you are constantly giving him the media attention that he wants. he is a narcissist. there is no doubt about it. stop being fools...stop fighting each other. the guy is a rapist, basically, and any who support him have no more moral integrity than he does. damn, i am glad i moved away from that area. some things will never change.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Apr 5, 2013
Amanda wrote:
What an unethical, spiteful "publication" is the Scottsville Weekly.
The line between what one CAN do and what one SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do is called ethics. Clearly, the hack in charge of this rag has none.
the legislature allows this
ask yourself who is in charge
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Apr 5, 2013
twinmom wrote:
I don't buy the argument that it's part of the public record
easy for you to say
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Apr 5, 2013
I see that "Lindsay Dorrier Jr." was one of the signators. Is that the ex-Supervisor himself or his son.

Either way, I say right on!!

But the point is that Dumler apologist Bebe Williams didn't publish the list in the spirit of information and transparency, but with the intention to intimidate.
Greene Native

Ruckersville, VA

#20 Apr 5, 2013
Really who advertises in a paper like that, imagine if just a few people called advertisers and asked were they for rape and sodomy
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Apr 5, 2013
hello wrote:
if you are against this idiot, then why be upset that they printed your info as one who signed the petition? if you are for this idiot, then here is the evidence against him. he is smirking because all of you are constantly giving him the media attention that he wants. he is a narcissist. there is no doubt about it. stop being fools...stop fighting each other. the guy is a rapist, basically, and any who support him have no more moral integrity than he does. damn, i am glad i moved away from that area. some things will never change.
If I lived in Scottsville and could have been eligible to sign the petition, I would have done so in big neon letters. If Bebe made my name, address, and phone number the HEADLINE of the story, I couldn't have been prouder.

But the point is the lack of integrity clearly demonstrated by the hack author of a small town rag. How pitiful life must be when this is what you work all week to release on a Friday?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pickaway County man arrested in teena s fatal s... 2 hr seems hypocritical 3
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 17 hr local yokel 65
News Jeronimo Yanez, Minnesota officer in Philando C... 20 hr slick willie expl... 37
News Fayette County Triple Murder Trial Picks Back Up (Apr '08) Tue AWG 18
News Prosecutor: Robbing a biker of his vest sparked... Tue Victor Hugo 34
News Not guilty pleas filed in Elmont double-murder ... (Apr '07) Tue Sidney Newman Jr 127
News Suspect in deadly attempted bank robbery in Cai... Jun 19 BB Board 1
More from around the web