Downey police probe apparent murder-s...

Downey police probe apparent murder-suicide on Lakewood Blvd.

There are 103 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 8, 2010, titled Downey police probe apparent murder-suicide on Lakewood Blvd.. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Downey homicide detectives are at a fast-food restaurant this morning investigating an apparent murder-suicide in the parking lot just before midnight, a lieutenant said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Romeo and Juliet

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 8, 2010
Sad story. Love stinks.
Deeeeez

El Segundo, CA

#9 Nov 8, 2010
Loooooooooooooove hurts, looooooooove...you get it
to my friend Bandit

Ontario, CA

#11 Nov 8, 2010
Hope you find the peace you were looking for...
To my friend Bandit

Ontario, CA

#12 Nov 8, 2010
Your friends will miss the both of you...Rest in Peace...
Tzanet

United States

#14 Nov 8, 2010
Wow people killing each other, reccession does this to you, the rent was high, bills and being unemployed is driving people to kill each other , what a life. I am glad I still have a job.
Big Lou

Valley Village, CA

#15 Nov 8, 2010
That restuarant is in Paramount, not Downey.
Bronzz

United States

#17 Nov 8, 2010
Andre Enrique Cantu wrote:
I feel the same way after eating there.
I feel the same
Tacos Mexico

Hilmar, CA

#19 Nov 8, 2010
Why El Pollo Loco? Why not Church's or Der Weinerschnitzel?
LongBeachCa

Long Beach, CA

#20 Nov 9, 2010
Violence solves everything.
NativeAmerican

Torrance, CA

#24 Nov 9, 2010
Big Lou wrote:
That restuarant is in Paramount, not Downey.
No, you're wrong. It's in Downey. Off of Firestone Blvd. Google it if you want to, but it's still part of Downey and not Paramount.
Noway

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Nov 9, 2010
When and where is the car wash?
ubb

Mankato, MN

#27 Nov 10, 2010
they had 5 kids.
Croak

United States

#28 Nov 10, 2010
ubb wrote:
they had 5 kids.
Very, very sad. Condolences to the children and the couple's families.
lulu

Round Lake, IL

#29 Nov 10, 2010
Tzanet wrote:
Wow people killing each other, reccession does this to you, the rent was high, bills and being unemployed is driving people to kill each other , what a life. I am glad I still have a job.
People have had huge problems since time began but do not commit murder and then suicide because the rent is high, or there is a recession, or they are unemployed.
Big Lou

Valley Village, CA

#30 Nov 10, 2010
NativeAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're wrong. It's in Downey. Off of Firestone Blvd. Google it if you want to, but it's still part of Downey and not Paramount.
Your are right about it being in Downey, but only by a few feet. The El Polo Loco is near Rosecrans and Lakewood, no where near Firestone Blvd.
Michael

Los Gatos, CA

#31 Nov 10, 2010
Rip.. be strong dubons
sassy

Whittier, CA

#32 Nov 10, 2010
for tacos mexico, your a jerk to comment about why not another restaurant. Blanca was a beautiful young woman that I knew & loved. They both died a tragic death & leave behind children who will never recover from this. That is what is important, not where it happened! apparently you have no heart.
Friend of Blanca

Los Angeles, CA

#33 Nov 10, 2010
Blanca was a wonderful person that i had the pleasure of meeting, while we both worked at the Elephant Bar restaurant in Downey. she was one of the warmest, funniest, and most caring individuals i have ever had the good fortune of meeting. i will miss losing the hope of ever seeing her again. my prayers go out to her children and her family. while the investigation isn't over, if it does turn out that Dubon killed her, then i ask God to reserve a place for him in the darkest corner of hell.

rest in peace Blanca. you will be missed. you will be mourned. you will be remembered.
EMJ

United States

#34 Nov 10, 2010
First your prayers go out to her children then you disrespect the dead and the Father of her children! Save those thoughts to yourself because u never know if one of their children is going to read this and that's going to hurt even more so shut the f up because your not helping one bit! I knew both of them and they always welcomed me to their home and let me stay there when I came from Las Vegas! RIP Waldo and Blanca!
Friend of Blanca

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Nov 11, 2010
EMJ, you do realize the prevailing theory is that he killed her and then shot himself, right? you get that? if this is the case, then why in God's name would i show respect to the man who took Blanca's life? you tell me i'm disrespecting the dead? you're disrespecting the victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... 44 min Irish Willie 3
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 3 hr Galt 63
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 7 hr local yokel 109
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 16 hr Fly yung red 220
News 4 people charged in drive-by Tue Judge Roy Bean 3
News West Plains student is charged with threatening... (Dec '12) Sun elf 52
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Aug 20 Steven Deaks 65
More from around the web