Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 Full story: Bloomberg 9,568

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Full Story

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#10376 Sep 9, 2013
menards wrote:
That didnt take long...Zimmerman back in Jail.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/us/george-zimme...
Damn, Menards. You can't help but to EMBELLISH things can you? He is in "investigative detention". In other words, the police are questioning him regarding the altercation with his wife. He is not "in jail".
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#10377 Sep 9, 2013
Just investigative detention. He was protecting the public from ugly this time! Hahaha. If that hoggly woggly ho was divorcing me Id plead guilty of marrying her under the influence of semi controlled dangerous substances and take my beating hahaha! The 911 call reeks of vengefuck!

Southeast Virginia

#10378 Sep 10, 2013
And just as I expected. He was released with no charges, and the bitch lied on the 9-1-1 call when she said that he has his hand on his gun and was threatening all of them.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10379 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, Menards. You can't help but to EMBELLISH things can you? He is in "investigative detention". In other words, the police are questioning him regarding the altercation with his wife. He is not "in jail".
Point is, its another brush with the law two months after narrowly escaping jail time. A man with a lengthy violent past. Its not the last time you'll here of GZ, Shellie might just be his next victim. Rumor has it she has a tell-all deal coming to her.
Beshara

Des Moines, IA

#10380 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just how menards rolls. He/she goes along with the "Let's Ruin Zimmerman's Life at Any Cost" cabal and spews lies, venom, and hate because they didn't get the verdict they wanted. You'll notice that membership in that club includes race-baiters, knuckle-dragging dolts, hyperbole-spewing jackasses, and liars.
Menards' membership in that group was a given.

Southeast Virginia

#10381 Sep 10, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Point is, its another brush with the law two months after narrowly escaping jail time. A man with a lengthy violent past. Its not the last time you'll here of GZ, Shellie might just be his next victim. Rumor has it she has a tell-all deal coming to her.
Narrowly escaping jail time??? The prosecution didn't have any hard evidence to disprove self-defense (much to your chagrin I am sure). But don't let little things like FACTS get in your way.

And I completely agree that it won't be the last time you hear of him, because the media is going to hound him FOR YEARS. Shellie is just proving again what a lying bitch she is. And George needs to learn to lighten up on the gas pedal a little. But don't worry, the media will let you know every time he spits on the sidewalk.

Location hidden

#10382 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Narrowly escaping jail time??? The prosecution didn't have any hard evidence to disprove self-defense (much to your chagrin I am sure). But don't let little things like FACTS get in your way.
Yes I would call multi-day deliberations at the end of a murder trial "narrowly escaping jail time"
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I completely agree that it won't be the last time you hear of him, because the media is going to hound him FOR YEARS.
As he should be. This is a violent guy out wandering around that shouldnt be. He's a loose cannon. Its only a matter of time before he slips up again.
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Shellie is just proving again what a lying bitch she is.
Now his wife is a lying bitch. And Trayvon was a thug. And that old girlfriend who filed the restraining order for domestic violence was "crazy". And the cop he shoved in the bar when asked to show his ID was "overzealous". And Zimmermans cousin who said she was molested by george for over a decade was "seeking attention". Sure, buddy. You've made more excuses for this piece of trash than his father did. Hey your both from VA. Coincidence? LOL!
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And George needs to learn to lighten up on the gas pedal a little.
To put it lightly. LOL.
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't worry, the media will let you know every time he spits on the sidewalk.
It wont be spitting on the sidewalk, LOL.

Southeast Virginia

#10383 Sep 10, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I would call multi-day deliberations at the end of a murder trial "narrowly escaping jail time"

As he should be. This is a violent guy out wandering around that shouldnt be. He's a loose cannon. Its only a matter of time before he slips up again.
He was found NOT GUILTY by a jury of his peers by the proponderance of the evidence. He is a free man and should be allowed to live as such.
menards wrote:
<quoted text>Now his wife is a lying bitch.
And was found GUILTY of such in court. And if he had threatened them with a gun (her AND her father), why did they decide to NOT press charges??? Oh yeah.....because it was BULLSHIT.
menards wrote:
<quoted text>And Trayvon was a thug.
As his past proved.
menards wrote:
<quoted text>And that old girlfriend who filed the restraining order for domestic violence was "crazy". And the cop he shoved in the bar when asked to show his ID was "overzealous". And Zimmermans cousin who said she was molested by george for over a decade was "seeking attention". Sure, buddy. You've made more excuses for this piece of trash than his father did.
I never made any of those claims. Going back to your "molestation" claim.....why have no charges have ever been filed against George?? It is the easiest thing for a woman to claim, and one of the hardest things for a guy to disprove. Things that make you go "hmmmmm".
menards wrote:
<quoted text>Hey your both from VA. Coincidence? LOL!
I am not from VA. This is where settled down. I was born and raised in St. Louis 'burbs.
menards wrote:
<quoted text>It wont be spitting on the sidewalk, LOL.
Sarcasm, dude. Sarcasm. And I am sure that when he does, you will be here to embellish on whatever those charges are.

Location hidden

#10384 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am sure that when he does, you will be here to embellish on whatever those charges are.
Actions of the past are indicative of actions of the future. Mr. Zimmerman has an extremely violent past. Its safe to assume that the next episode is right around the corner.

Southeast Virginia

#10385 Sep 10, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions of the past are indicative of actions of the future. Mr. Zimmerman has an extremely violent past. Its safe to assume that the next episode is right around the corner.
And one incident in a bar 8 years prior does NOT a history make. But keep slinging your crap, monkeyboy. None of it is sticking.

Location hidden

#10386 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And one incident in a bar 8 years prior does NOT a history make. But keep slinging your crap, monkeyboy. None of it is sticking.
What are you talking about? One incident? How many times have we been through this? We have, including but not limited too:

1) Molestation of cousin that occoured over a decade.(settled within the family)
2) Assaulting a police officer, the "bar incident".(Plea deal, misdemeanor, PTI involving anger management)
3) Domestic violence against former girlfriend (resulting in restraining order)
4) Domestic Violence (Zimmerman struck Shellie the night before he killed Trayvon, according to Shellie Zimmerman)
5) Murder of Trayvon Martin
6) And most recently Domestic Violence (Shellie & Family)

These are the known real events, and dont include the additional claims from former co-workers that claim harassment, ect. That my friend, is a well established violent history, that to this day has skirted the law (his dad is a federal judge). Fortuneately, everyone is watching now.

Southeast Virginia

#10387 Sep 10, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? One incident? How many times have we been through this? We have, including but not limited too:
1) Molestation of cousin that occoured over a decade.(settled within the family)
2) Assaulting a police officer, the "bar incident".(Plea deal, misdemeanor, PTI involving anger management)
3) Domestic violence against former girlfriend (resulting in restraining order)
4) Domestic Violence (Zimmerman struck Shellie the night before he killed Trayvon, according to Shellie Zimmerman)
5) Murder of Trayvon Martin
6) And most recently Domestic Violence (Shellie & Family)
These are the known real events, and dont include the additional claims from former co-workers that claim harassment, ect. That my friend, is a well established violent history, that to this day has skirted the law (his dad is a federal judge). Fortuneately, everyone is watching now.
1) No charges EVER filed. And it was when she was 6 years old and he was eight years old and up into their teens. Sounds more like two cousins (ewww) playing doctor.
2) Already acknowledged.
3) Mutual restraining orders filed he and his girlfriend. No charges filed. Also, not uncommon in domestics.
4) Pfft. Consider the source.
5) FOUND NOT GUILTY! IOW.....NOT MURDER. Justifable self-defense against a THUG who was assaulting him.
6) Accusations from a lying bitch. She and her dad dropped the charges admitting that he never threatened them with a gun. And his dad is a RETIRED MAGISTRATE...not a judge (more embellishment from you). Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/z...

From the link: "Kristi Wright with the Department of Legislative and Public Relations wrote us this email in response:

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction.”"

Also from the link: "Some have speculated Zimmerman’s father may have used that position to get a 2005 charge against his son thrown out (although, while the charge of assaulting a law enforcement officer was dropped, there is no proof Zimmerman’s father played any role in making that happen)."

Give it up son. You are out of your element, and no one is buying your bullshit.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#10388 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
1) No charges EVER filed. And it was when she was 6 years old and he was eight years old and up into their teens. Sounds more like two cousins (ewww) playing doctor.
2) Already acknowledged.
3) Mutual restraining orders filed he and his girlfriend. No charges filed. Also, not uncommon in domestics.
4) Pfft. Consider the source.
5) FOUND NOT GUILTY! IOW.....NOT MURDER. Justifable self-defense against a THUG who was assaulting him.
6) Accusations from a lying bitch. She and her dad dropped the charges admitting that he never threatened them with a gun. And his dad is a RETIRED MAGISTRATE...not a judge (more embellishment from you). Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/z...
From the link: "Kristi Wright with the Department of Legislative and Public Relations wrote us this email in response:
“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction.”"
Also from the link: "Some have speculated Zimmerman’s father may have used that position to get a 2005 charge against his son thrown out (although, while the charge of assaulting a law enforcement officer was dropped, there is no proof Zimmerman’s father played any role in making that happen)."
Give it up son. You are out of your element, and no one is buying your bullshit.
That's for sure. Ive never seen more white appeasers jump on a loud stinking bandwagon of lies and preposterous twisting of facts in my entire life. In most cases a judge and jury settles things down but these silly bunch of hateful racist bastards are still going strong as though theyre still shamming and altering the evidence for trial tomorrow. They redefine the definition of LOSERS Hahaha! Now the dudes arguing over some pots and pans as most men have and it attracts helicopters from the local war clad ninjas hahaha. Im sure SWAT was on standby too. Hey George let her have the flatscreen and the blender too. Attorney O'Mara is on the phone with a couple insurance companies representing NBC. Let him finish your negotiations and buy a dozen more hahaha. Move to the Dakotas or pick you up a swampland resort to retire where the jigs and the wigs aren't in abundance hahaha!

Location hidden

#10389 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
6) Accusations from a lying bitch. She and her dad dropped the charges admitting that he never threatened them with a gun.
Now who is embellishing? In order to "drop charges" one must first "file charges". Shellie and her dad elected not to "file charges" (scared? Things that make you go Hmmmmm) "Admitted that he never threatened them with a gun?" More embellishing from you? then why did mark o'mara need to release a statement saying that Zimmerman had his hand on his weapon to make sure it was properly holstered like a responsible gun owner. LOL! Dude, knock it off with the lies!
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately for me, i'm not your son and benefited from more advanced breeding than you did. Give it up? I dont think so, clown. This "bullshit" you speak of is a well documented violent past. Fortunately, Mr. Zimmerman is now exposed and everyone is watching. I kinda have this feeling that I'm going to be back, right here, in the not to distant future, with another Zimmerman brush with the law.'Till then!

Southeast Virginia

#10390 Sep 10, 2013
No charges were filed after the police investigation because Shellie and her father both admitted that he did NOT threaten them with a gun AS SHE HAD TOLD THE DISPATCHER ON THE PHONE DURING THE 9-1-1 CALL. It was on the morning news today. Yes, I misspoke when I said they they dropped the charges. There were none to be filed BECAUSE SHE LIED.

And I wouldn't exactly call being a window-licking libtard "advanced breeding", moron. LMAO!!! Like I said...keep slinging....nothing's sticking.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#10391 Sep 10, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
uuuuummmmm no, narrowly escaping a jail time verdict would be a hung jury where the defendant could still be retried. That ain't happening with a "NOT GUILTY" verdict. There is a thing called double jeopardy which disallows another trial.
Have a nice day.

Location hidden

#10392 Sep 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
And I wouldn't exactly call being a window-licking libtard "advanced breeding", moron. LMAO!!! Like I said...keep slinging....nothing's sticking.
LOL! Speaking of Slinging! SOP.... nothing left to say, sling insults! LOL!
people died obama lied

Newnan, GA

#10393 Sep 10, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it is a good thing the little thug trayvon is dead if actions of the past are indicative of future actions...we know he had a propensity for violence since he was found guilty of assaulting zimmerman. The actions of both of them were on trial. If zimmerman was found guilty of murdering trayvon that would have meant trayvon would have been innocent of assault and zimmermans use of deadly force would not have been justified. Since zimmerman was FOUND NOT GUILTY of murder his use of dealy force in self defense was justified. That means trayvon was guilty of felonious assault.
STD free

United States

#10398 Sep 22, 2013
Bubbletoes wrote:
Perceived lax gun laws will not save the crime-watch guy in he end. When the facts are revealed, he may be charged.

I am all-for castle doctrine and stand your ground. However in this case, it appears the self-styled crimewatch guy was following his suspect (and asking him questions), which does not make a case for 'stand your ground'. In most places, in order to be a self defence shooting, the shooter should NOT be a participant in causing the difficulty. Following somebody could easily be construed by most as participating in the problem.

Town watch/community watch is supposed to be heavy on the WATCH part. I think this guy has got his ass in a sling...and probably deserves it.
May your pit bull get squashed by cement truck!!!!!
STD free

United States

#10400 Sep 22, 2013
Jabber wrote:
Now we're supposed to be disarmed so the thugs can victimize us more. George Zimmerman did the right thing. Thank goodness that thug was stopped before he could rape a white girl.
Justice prevails dead thug gets eaten by hungry bugs. Good riddance Thugvon you will never smash somebody's head against concrete. How do you like sucking Satan's lollipop Thugvon?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago teen testifies about simple argument qu... 22 min MARK TRAINA 2
The Latest Alleged Murder in Bradford 7 hr duh 5
Oklahoma cop's body-cam shows fatal police shoo... Sat Kelly 1
This black woman was shot dead by Ann Arbor pol... Sat Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
Officer involved shooting in Dinuba (Sep '10) Fri keysmith 4
Stanley Dishon expected to take plea deal in co... Fri Big Ed 6
8/20 - Man in Jail for Murder in Cheboygan County (Aug '08) Fri jersey 567
More from around the web