Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

There are 9853 comments on the Bloomberg story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10034 Jul 7, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
In your perfect world -- absolutely!!
Just can't provide a straight answer can you. You just have to try to sneak in a degrading remark to make yourself seem up on someone. I let you in on a secret. THAT STOPPED WORKING IN JUNIOR HIGH.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#10038 Jul 8, 2013
luvnut wrote:
All you Zimmie haters.....read THIS;
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-con...
INNOCENT!!!!! Awesome!
There is nothing "awesome" about this case, and he has NOT been found "innocent". Although I do have to applaud ABC for being objective in your linked article. Unusual for them.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10039 Jul 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing "awesome" about this case, and he has NOT been found "innocent". Although I do have to applaud ABC for being objective in your linked article. Unusual for them.
George was already innocent and as of yet to be found guilty of any crime. he will remain innocent of any crime untill a jury finds otherwise. I agree there is nothing awesome about a death. ABC, like most others are realizing if George walks the lawsuits will start and they are trying to start damage control for their unprofessional actions of depicting George as a racist, bloodthirsty, murderer. As Sgt. Friday always said "Just the facts ma am".

Southeast Virginia

#10041 Jul 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> George was already innocent and as of yet to be found guilty of any crime. he will remain innocent of any crime untill a jury finds otherwise. I agree there is nothing awesome about a death. ABC, like most others are realizing if George walks the lawsuits will start and they are trying to start damage control for their unprofessional actions of depicting George as a racist, bloodthirsty, murderer. As Sgt. Friday always said "Just the facts ma am".
Agreed....100%
menards

Bordentown, NJ

#10042 Jul 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> George was already innocent and as of yet to be found guilty of any crime. he will remain innocent of any crime untill a jury finds otherwise. I agree there is nothing awesome about a death. ABC, like most others are realizing if George walks the lawsuits will start and they are trying to start damage control for their unprofessional actions of depicting George as a racist, bloodthirsty, murderer. As Sgt. Friday always said "Just the facts ma am".
Just because a court, Judge & Jury cant come to a "guilty" verdict does not make you "innocent". George is still a guilty man. You are failing to realize the many lessons to be learned here. Being turned loose after this trial may be the worst thing for him. He knows that too, look at the weight gain. Thats a lot of stress.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#10043 Jul 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Just can't provide a straight answer can you. You just have to try to sneak in a degrading remark to make yourself seem up on someone. I let you in on a secret. THAT STOPPED WORKING IN JUNIOR HIGH.
I provided a perfectly good answer considering that the world you seem to live in reacts precisely as you direct it - as opposed to the "real world" where the rest of us reside!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10044 Jul 8, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because a court, Judge & Jury cant come to a "guilty" verdict does not make you "innocent". George is still a guilty man. You are failing to realize the many lessons to be learned here. Being turned loose after this trial may be the worst thing for him. He knows that too, look at the weight gain. Thats a lot of stress.
I'm a little over my perfect weight but it's because I have slowed down in my later years and I eat well. Looks like Ole George is eating very well too, the stress does not seem to hurt his eating. Most people under stress lose weight not gain. LEGALLY he is innocent untill proven guilty. "Just the facts ma am". If you have facts of Georges guilt the state of Florida would like to talk to you.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10045 Jul 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>I provided a perfectly good answer considering that the world you seem to live in reacts precisely as you direct it - as opposed to the "real world" where the rest of us reside!
Just what part of my post is not the real world?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10046 Jul 8, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
The webmaster is off on weekends. You will be blocked before noon Monday
It is noon Monday.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#10049 Jul 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>Just what part of my post is not the real world?
That's the really sad part - you do not have a clue ...

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10050 Jul 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole case is awesome; a punk got punked, the prosecution proved Zimmie's defense for him too! AWESOME!
Just wondering

Oakland, CA

#10051 Jul 8, 2013
It’s not just George Zimmerman on trial, it’s America’s acceptance of killing “the other”!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10052 Jul 8, 2013
WOW glue sniffer wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be blocked on every computer in the world by 12:01.
ROLOLLMFBO BAHHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The webmaster has your fingerprints, an a stool sample.
I hate being blocked. Oh wait!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10053 Jul 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the really sad part - you do not have a clue ...
And you can't provide one. Just dodge direct questions. That's not sad, it's funny. Ha ha ha.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10054 Jul 8, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
It’s not just George Zimmerman on trial, it’s America’s acceptance of killing “the other”!
Your right. Trayvon should not have tried to kill George. Being black is no excuse. It got him out of going to jail for his criminal behavior at school but not in the real world. America does not accept violent or anti social behavior just because you are black, being a thug or gangsta is a choice but understand America does not condone it. Americans are arming themselves at record rates. Being a gangsta is becoming a DEAD end line of work. Gun and ammo sales are at an all time high, Americans are speaking up, thugs might want to listen.
Sam

Miami, FL

#10055 Jul 9, 2013
Key point in the Trayvon Martin case (Shot fired screaming stops). Who was screaming? Obviously not the shooter!!!! How does O'Mara explain this? Not even a second after the shot?

Southeast Virginia

#10056 Jul 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
Key point in the Trayvon Martin case (Shot fired screaming stops). Who was screaming? Obviously not the shooter!!!! How does O'Mara explain this? Not even a second after the shot?
Why would Zimmerman need to keep screaming after the threat was eliminated??? And why would the person on top doing the beating need to be screaming in the first place???
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10057 Jul 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
Simple. George was sceaming help while Trayvon was beating him, once Trayvon stopped beating him there was no need to keep screaming. DUH. Please tell me you could not figure that one out. That was a very weak attempt to explain the screams. Now for real logic. Two people in a fight, are you really going to claim the one on top winning is going to scream for help, while the loser on bottom remains quiet? Here is another question for you. If George was intent on killing his attacker instead of just stopping him why only one shot? His gun held seven. If he really wanted to make sure Trayvon was dead why not empty the gun or at least "double tap" as most gun training teaches?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10058 Jul 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, every single person who lives and has been interviewed disagrees with you ... they feel very uneasy about 'the guy' sneaking around with a gun strapped to his side. I think there is only one guy in the complex that is supporting Zimmerman, he is making the rounds on talk shows - his 15 minutes of fame.
On July 12, interviews conducted by the FBI were publicly released. Zimmerman's neighbors and co-workers were interviewed as well. Neighbors who knew Zimmerman had nothing derogatory to say about him and his co-workers were complimentary of him.

Are you now claiming even the FBI is lying?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#10059 Jul 9, 2013
On October 21st 2011 a burglary took place a few blocks from Krop Senior High School where Trayvon Martin attended. The stolen property outlined in the Miami-Dade Police Report (PD111021-422483) matches the descriptive presented by SRO Dunn in his School Police report 2011-11477.

However, there was ONE big issue. SRO Dunn never filed a criminal report, nor opened a criminal investigation, surrounding the stolen jewelry. Instead, and as a result of pressure from M-DSPD Chief Hurley to avoid criminal reports for black male students, Dunn wrote up the jewelry as “found items”, and transferred them, along with the burglary tool, to the Miami-Dade Police property room where they sat on a shelf unassigned to anyone for investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Cincinnati attorney Ken Lawson speaks on... 41 min Really 1
News John Stossel: 1 hr payme 2
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... 8 hr Duke for Mayor 7
News Victim's grieving dad tells Holmes jury of deva... 15 hr Elise Loves Corn 1
News Baltimore Launches Multi-Agency Effort to Curb ... 19 hr Butters 2
News Prosecution Rests in Jenkins Murder Trial (Mar '06) 19 hr redman wv 37
News Healea Named in Shooting Case 22 hr CorruptionAbound 1
More from around the web