Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 Full story: Bloomberg 9,569

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Full Story

“Stop that !!”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#9844 Jun 30, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I read some of it, but then I moved on. If I want specifics about a court case, I will look it up myself
ok you look yes?

“Stop that !!”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#9845 Jun 30, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>B.S.
Black gangs in urban environments will use it as an excuse to loot spurred on by their racist leaders.
It has been a long time from the days of the planation but certain black leaders use it as an excuse for everything from black incarceration to broken Slurpee machines.
On my home front all I can say to the brothers is bring it on.
team win, urban people happy. celebrate by burn car of other people yes? break window when team win yes? take ipod when team win yes? take store things when team win yes?

when team lose, urban people mad yes? break things burn things steal things kill things yes?

hard tell when urban people happy or mad yes?
Anti-Fascism

Anonymous Proxy

#9848 Jun 30, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lied" about what exactly? 1) Her age because she did not want her name released publicly. 2) the reason she did not attend Martins funeral, because she did not want to see his body. Both immaterial facts, which she has given thorough reasoning.
She first admitted that Trayvon [on the phone at the time] called Zimmerman a "creepy *ss cr***a," yet when the lawyer brought it up again, later on, she stumbled for roughly 10+ seconds and then say she didn't recall (another blatant lie!).

She's deceptive now that she realizes the *truth* is helping Zimmermans' case all the more.

I wonder what else she's withholding to not make Trayvon look even more guilty than he does already.

Trayvon is now the clear racist, whereas Zimmerman was called the "racist" many months ago.

The more details come out, the more innocent Zimmerman looks on multiple accounts.

Zimmerman should've never been arrested; Zimmerman should've never been put on trial.

This is beyond pathetic and disgusting. The [criminal] State prosecution has no PROOF that Zimmerman fired NOT in self-defense.

CLEAR EVIDENCE points to Zimmerman sustaining semi-serious physical damage to his face and head that night, thus being the one justified in shooting.

Case should be dropped, ASAP.

But this is not about "justice" - it's about criminals secretly within the system attempting to use this as an example to lead the dimwitted sheeple in a certain direction of thought.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9850 Jul 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>More off topic bullsht from the 4.4 forty liar...GFY
Another ad hominem when you can't refute what was said.

Typical.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#9851 Jul 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Another ad hominem when you can't refute what was said.
Typical.
Typical of what? You're the one who strays off topic to bullcht about his personal life. Refute what?

Maybe we'll start hearing from the investigators later today or sometime tomorrow.

“always”

Ticklaw

#9853 Jul 1, 2013
Lifffffe Coachhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
If you recall the cops didn't want to charge him and were forced into it. You can bet their tesimony will slant tirade Zimmerman or they will make themselves look bad
That's not what I recall because it's bullcht.

The state is beginning to call the SPD officers now, so maybe now you'll learn why the police chief got broomed and the states attorney office was replaced.

George was referring to the deceased as "the suspect" throughout his original statement. Profiling?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#9854 Jul 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I recall because it's bullcht.
The state is beginning to call the SPD officers now, so maybe now you'll learn why the police chief got broomed and the states attorney office was replaced.
George was referring to the deceased as "the suspect" throughout his original statement. Profiling?
You still a joke. The states own witnesses can't tell the same story. Half even bolster Georges story. The state has provided reasonable doubt. The defense at this point is letting the state screw their own case. Yes let these officers tell of the threats to charge George or lose their jobs. Yes let them tell how the state bypassed the local law enforcement and even cost some their career over a case that don't exist. Some of them after this trial my want to file a wrongful termination suit themselves. Profiling? Yes Trayvon was seen "casing" the neighborhood, looking in windows and cars while high on drugs. Trayvon (the racist) saw an easy white target and attacked hoping to bolster his "rep." and gain a few extra dollars but picked an armed victim. Face it, there was a bullet with that boys name on it somewhere. If not that night it would have been soon. His "gangsta" crime spree cut short. A good start.

“always”

Ticklaw

#9855 Jul 1, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You still a joke. The states own witnesses can't tell the same story. Half even bolster Georges story. The state has provided reasonable doubt. The defense at this point is letting the state screw their own case. Yes let these officers tell of the threats to charge George or lose their jobs. Yes let them tell how the state bypassed the local law enforcement and even cost some their career over a case that don't exist. Some of them after this trial my want to file a wrongful termination suit themselves. Profiling? Yes Trayvon was seen "casing" the neighborhood, looking in windows and cars while high on drugs. Trayvon (the racist) saw an easy white target and attacked hoping to bolster his "rep." and gain a few extra dollars but picked an armed victim. Face it, there was a bullet with that boys name on it somewhere. If not that night it would have been soon. His "gangsta" crime spree cut short. A good start.
Be patient grasshopper.
Anti-Fascism

United States

#9856 Jul 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
And Trayvon called Zimmerman a "cr***a" - therefore he was 'racial profiling' Zimmerman; thus evidence toward a probable fuel behind Trayvon then performing a racially motivated 'hate-crime'-based physical assault on Zimmerman soon afterward.

Zimmerman did call the police long before any confrontation happened; Zimmerman was therefore not afraid of an 'outside mediator' getting involved with what he say. Zimmerman was not planning on committing a crime that night. Why didn't *Trayvon* then call the police? Was *he* scared of an outside mediator viewing what *he* was about to do?

Why didn't "Dee Dee" dial 911 before or especially after Trayvons phone went dead? Did she know (by Trayvon saying so?) that Trayvon was about to do something illegal, like "beat that cr***a's *ss"?

Hmmmmmmmm... we'll never know now, seeing as how deceptive, "star witless" Dee Dee has shown clear signs of holding back now; recanting her first admission of Trayvon saying "cr***a" to begin with! Oops!

Zimmerman saw a suspicious-looking person walking at night, in the middle of heavy rain downpour, of whom Zimmerman has never seen before in the ***gated community*** which Zimmerman lives; a person of whom ran away from Zimmerman while seeing Zimmerman on the phone, in a neighborhood which has had *multiple break-in's* over the past few years, and one only having a criminal being arrested a few weeks before this night.

Who in their right mind would *not* call him a "suspect", genius? You would too, if you saw him and knew everything that Zimmerman knew. So would any police officer. Don't bother denying it, simply because we now know what the facts are. At that time, you'd be singing a different tune, indeed.

"Suspect" and "criminal" are two different things.
Anti-Fascism

United States

#9857 Jul 1, 2013
say = saw*

“always”

Ticklaw

#9858 Jul 1, 2013
Anti-Fascism wrote:
say = saw*
Get a life moron, cracker is an endearing term, even the head scumbag at The Conservative Tree House calls himself sundancecracker.

Go watch the trial and you'll learn that the SPD once again chose sides before it had any details.

It's not 1954 anymore.
--_--Supabeast-- _--

Denver, NC

#9859 Jul 1, 2013
I'll bet that George will walk free, turn it around and sue, then someone will either write a book or make a movie about the whole ordeal. He will make a lot of money.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#9860 Jul 1, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You still a joke. The states own witnesses can't tell the same story. Half even bolster Georges story. The state has provided reasonable doubt. The defense at this point is letting the state screw their own case. Yes let these officers tell of the threats to charge George or lose their jobs. Yes let them tell how the state bypassed the local law enforcement and even cost some their career over a case that don't exist. Some of them after this trial my want to file a wrongful termination suit themselves. Profiling? Yes Trayvon was seen "casing" the neighborhood, looking in windows and cars while high on drugs. Trayvon (the racist) saw an easy white target and attacked hoping to bolster his "rep." and gain a few extra dollars but picked an armed victim. Face it, there was a bullet with that boys name on it somewhere. If not that night it would have been soon. His "gangsta" crime spree cut short. A good start.
Huh? You live in very, very strange and tiny fantasy world where innuendo and hearsay are facts ...
Anti-Fascism

United States

#9861 Jul 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Get a life moron, cracker is an endearing term, even the head scumbag at The Conservative Tree House calls himself sundancecracker.
Go watch the trial and you'll learn that the SPD once again chose sides before it had any details.
It's not 1954 anymore.
Oh, well, looky here, boys: yet *another* troll who cannot counter points brought up! "What a coincidence," huh?

You silly [racist] troll.

You'd not happen to be related to barefoot262, xando, factologist, etc., would you? Hmm? ;-D
spocko

Oakland, CA

#9862 Jul 1, 2013
Tray wrote:
What is it exactly that compels you to, so desperately, cling to this Zimmerman character, a ‘would be’ policeman and an armed disaster waiting to happen – and it did!!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#9863 Jul 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
Would it have been better if he called him " Uncle Ben " ?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#9868 Jul 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? You live in very, very strange and tiny fantasy world where innuendo and hearsay are facts ...
Serino agreed that Zimmerman had been open with police. Singleton said she had no evidence that Zimmerman had any ill will, anger or hatred for the teen— terms that would be crucial for the prosecution to get a second-degree murder conviction. To bad your racism has clouded your mind and you can't see facts. I wonder how you react when you meet a young black man dressed like a thug on a dark night alone. How about if you see him hanging out close to your home. No need to answer, you have lied enough.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#9869 Jul 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it exactly that compels you to, so desperately, cling to this Zimmerman character, a ‘would be’ policeman and an armed disaster waiting to happen – and it did!!
Citizen tired of thugs overrunning the neighborhood. Citizen tired of thugs getting a free pass after violating those who try to make something of themselves. Trayvon was a cancer spreading to yet another neighborhood of what he thought was helpless victims. We have a cure for thugs. The "helpless victims" are arming themselves at record rates. Gun ownership has skyrocketed. This case will kill the expectation of safety in the thug line of work. Hiding behind the race card is dead. Your attempt to somehow justify the thug lifestyle has failed. Look around you, face facts, the free ride is coming to an end.
pffffttt

Albuquerque, NM

#9870 Jul 2, 2013
the gun laws worked perfectly. A legal licensed concealed carry holder defended himself against a punk who didn't like to be watched as he cases apartments for future burglaries evidenced by prior acts of being caught with burglary tools in his possession (which conveniently the liberal judge refused to be brought in as evidence).
spocko

Oakland, CA

#9872 Jul 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Citizen tired of thugs overrunning the neighborhood. Citizen tired of thugs getting a free pass after violating those who try to make something of themselves. Trayvon was a cancer spreading to yet another neighborhood of what he thought was helpless victims. We have a cure for thugs. The "helpless victims" are arming themselves at record rates. Gun ownership has skyrocketed. This case will kill the expectation of safety in the thug line of work. Hiding behind the race card is dead. Your attempt to somehow justify the thug lifestyle has failed. Look around you, face facts, the free ride is coming to an end.
Fact is you can't back up your outrageous racist statement. You personify what is wrong with this country with your hateful and racist mindset!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 3 hr O TOWN 1,137
Thousands attend 8-hour wake for slain NYC officer 7 hr Jeff Brightone 12
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 9 hr joey 2
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting Sat he who knocks 4
Pat Howard: Body cameras would serve both citiz... Fri Zugzwang 5
Video backs self-defense claim in Berkeley, MO,... Fri dont trust a hipster 4
D.C. police investigate two officer-involved sh... Fri Sunshine 1
More from around the web