Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Comments
9,181 - 9,200 of 9,570 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2014

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#9740 Jun 27, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
For a 17 year old at 5'11", 160 pounds is lean, but it is definitely not "weak". I was the same weight and just an inch shorter at that age, and could bench press 100 pounds over my body weight and run a 4.4 forty.
Your argument over either of their weight is BS and PURE SPECULATION.
In your fkn dreams...why is it that you freaks need to lie about crap that doesn't even matter?

Selma the Columbian architect is up presently, you may remember her as Mary Cutcher's roommate.

Sunday evening at 7PM and just about everyone who lived within fifty feet of the encounter was at home, paying attention and sober. That's weird, they couldn't all be sober could they?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9741 Jun 27, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
So now the Trayvon kid is all of a sudden a trained and highly skilled boxer - ye friggen white trash moron!
He did play football didn't he? How do you know what kind of fighter he was? His own text messages state he was. The point being how do you claim he was a weak little kid based only on his size?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9742 Jun 27, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can bet there will be rioting if Zimmermann gets any less than 10 years. He has no chance at a fair trial. I'll be if he could turn back the clock, he would have stayed inside and minded his own business that night
I bet if George could turn back time he would not call police or wait so long about pulling his gun and firing or staying at the scene till police arrived. Learn from "those who always get away with it". I would bet if George walks there will be many checks written to him from those that wished they had kept their mouth shut.
The Truth

Richmond, VA

#9744 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you saying Trevon Martin could bench 300 lbs. Look at his shirtless pictures, he never lifted a weight in his life (except for pulling his sagging pants up 300 times a day)
Having never met Trevon neither I or you can make that judgment. I know many people who work out every day and do not fit the protypical "Body Builder" image. To bulk up you use heavy weights and less reps. For cardio and enhansed natural strength you use less weight and more reps. As far as your making your unfounded judgement about his pulling up his pants 300 times a day, again, I did not know him or his clothing malfunctions.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9745 Jun 27, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>In your fkn dreams...why is it that you freaks need to lie about crap that doesn't even matter?
Selma the Columbian architect is up presently, you may remember her as Mary Cutcher's roommate.
Sunday evening at 7PM and just about everyone who lived within fifty feet of the encounter was at home, paying attention and sober. That's weird, they couldn't all be sober could they?
That's weird that no two have the same story. I do want to know about the one who heard cries for help but didn't because she didn't have a gun to help with. If she had seen Trayvon on top beating George and she fired and killed Trayvon would she be on trial today? How about if she didn't know who started the fight could she defend the one being beaten?
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#9747 Jun 27, 2013
Maybe that's the reason he liked them big bootys!
Right there #5 on the list is Snoops opinion. Hey theyre all on drugs and all in a big happy family.
http://www.google.com.mx/search...

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#9748 Jun 27, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> That's weird that no two have the same story. I do want to know about the one who heard cries for help but didn't because she didn't have a gun to help with. If she had seen Trayvon on top beating George and she fired and killed Trayvon would she be on trial today? How about if she didn't know who started the fight could she defend the one being beaten?
So you aren't watching along either right? Just spouting nonsense.

George has told four stories, not one of which make any sense, and he was right there in the thick of things.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9749 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure you could
The older you get, the better you WERE
A 260 lb BP and a 4.4 40? I guess you had a whole bunch of college football offers.
Nope. 260 NOW that I am old and fat and riding a desk. And as a matter of fact, I did have a couple football offers. One as a defensive back, and another as a punter. Both were to small schools in the midwest where I was from (MO).

And what the hell is a "BP"?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#9751 Jun 27, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> He did play football didn't he? How do you know what kind of fighter he was? His own text messages state he was. The point being how do you claim he was a weak little kid based only on his size?
I don't and neither do you - ye white trash idiot!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#9752 Jun 27, 2013
Oh yeah, just your friendly neighborhood watchman gunning down any young black man that dares step foot in the neighborhood! Nothing to see here, move along!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#9753 Jun 27, 2013
spocko wrote:
Oh yeah, just your friendly neighborhood watchman gunning down any young black man that dares step foot in the neighborhood! Nothing to see here, move along!
If George had been more patient and kept a distance he could've caught him breaking inside a home. It was just a matter of time. By the way the "star" witness acts like shes not to fluent in English. What her main language? Ghetto gorilla chitchat or what?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9754 Jun 27, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>So you aren't watching along either right? Just spouting nonsense.
George has told four stories, not one of which make any sense, and he was right there in the thick of things.
George claims he was attacked and the evidence supports that. Nothing else said has physical evidence to support the claims. What does that have to do with the question I asked that you dodged? One state witness said she heard screams for help but didn't because she didn't have a gun. My question is: If she had a gun and decided to help and saw Trayvon on top of George beating him could she shoot to defend George even though she had no idea who started the confrontation? If she did shoot Trayvon believing she had no choice would she be on trial for murder? Had she been a cop and shot the person on top would she be on trial for murder for defending a citizen from an attack even if the cop had no idea who started the fight? Caution this is a trick question because these scenarios have played out before and ruled in court. I do look forward to your unbiased opinion.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9755 Jun 27, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't and neither do you - ye white trash idiot!
Exactly. Thanks for finally admitting you can't back your claims with any proof. Being as you keep being PROVEN over and over to be a liar, fool and very biased and ignoring facts you might want to reconsider who is the idiot.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9756 Jun 27, 2013
A Dania Beach man chased a hit-and-run driver who crashed into a motorcyclist on Interstate 95. The man yanked the drunken driver out of his car at a stoplight in Hollywood and wrestled him to the ground.

The Dania Beach driver, who had witnessed the crash, kept the man in a headlock until police arrived.

Florida is among many states that follows common law regarding citizen's arrest. You can detain someone, until police arrive, if you witness a felony or have reasonable belief someone committed a felony. You should tell a person if they are under arrest, but don't worry about reading them Miranda rights. By the way it is legal to follow and even ask a question.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9757 Jun 27, 2013
WHAT YOU CAN OR SHOULD DO:

-- You can chase down someone you saw snatch a woman's purse or take down someone you see violently hurting someone.

--You can detain someone you were told committed a felony, if you have strong evidence and witnesses.

--You can stop a drunken driver from getting behind the wheel, if you have strong evidence and witnesses.

--You can legally follow a suspicious person and even ask them a question.

--Being followed or asked a question is not a crime or grounds for attacking the person following or asking the question.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9758 Jun 27, 2013
The killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman has garnered the most headlines, but killings during the commission of law enforcement by a citizen happens frequently.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9759 Jun 27, 2013
(CBS/AP) SANFORD, Fla.- The leader of a self-described black militia group says members will go to Sanford next week to attempt a citizen's arrest on George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch leader who admitted to fatally shooting unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin.

Najee Muhammad, a member of the New Black Liberation Militia, announced Thursday that members of the group plan to take the 28-year-old Zimmerman to federal authorities since local police haven't acted.

Hmmm. Anyone see a double standard here?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9760 Jun 27, 2013
There is no mention of citizen's arrests in Florida's criminal statutes but state courts have cited common law in establishing when such an arrest can be made. The crime has to be a felony. It has to be witnessed by the citizen making the arrest or the citizen has to have probable cause that the person being arrested is guilty of a felony. You can LEGALLY follow a suspicious person and observe them you can even ask them a question.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9761 Jun 27, 2013
Police vs. Citizen Arrests

It's easier for police to make an arrest and handcuff the person arrested
because the suspect knows police will use force when necessary and will
shoot back when shot at. When a citizen attempts a citizen arrest, the
first question in the mind of the person being arrested is "what authority
do you have?" And the next question is, "do you have a gun to enforce an
arrest?" Lawbreakers know citizens don't usually have permits to carry
handguns. If they intend to resist arrest, they may pull a gun or knife on
you. When making an arrest for a serious crime, the lawbreaker may be
desperate or doped up. They may try to wound or kill you to escape. If you
don't have a weapon to defend yourself you could get seriously wounded or
killed.

Lawyers and police officers will "ADVISE" you to just report the criminal
activity and never attempt a citizen arrest. Generally, this is the best
advice you'll get. However, sometimes police aren't handy, a telephone is
far away, and the criminal will escape if you don't do something right then
and there -- and you might lose many thousands of dollars in reward money!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9762 Jun 27, 2013
In some States a citizen is required by law to arrest anyone caught in the
act of committing a felony or immediately afterward. Citizens may be fined
or put in prison when they don't try to make an arrest. Although this is
seldom enforced, anyone witnessing a felony is supposed to make an arrest
or assist an officer or a citizen (when asked) to make an arrest. It's your
duty. Find out if there is such a law in your state, and if so, that law
is your authority to quote if anyone asks "what authority do you have?"

Title 18, Section 3059 is a Federal catch-all law that provides citizens
with authority to make arrests, by force if necessary, and by deadly force
if deadly force is required. If there is no state law that provides you
with authority to make citizen arrests, quote the federal law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 21 min Concern Citizen 1,591
The NAAWP is HOSTING a LABOR DAY WEEKEND SHOOTO... 7 hr LABOR DAY SHOOT OUT 1
Newport News police search for suspected rapist (Apr '08) 10 hr naked clown 2
Police: Fatal Quadruple Shooting Was Gang Relat... 14 hr Steve 4
Shooting stays with officer for 20 years [The H... 14 hr JRB 5
Man shot in Delhi 19 hr Roshan bast 2
Katy Burns: Locked and loaded - " and only 9 ye... Sat Jan 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••