Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Comments
8,321 - 8,340 of 9,570 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2014
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiight.
My "racism"....LOL!!!
That and the fact you claim Trayvon was a drugged out criminal intent on robbery that night make you a loon.
Get lost.
Racist = one who bases color over fact. FACT he was proven positive for drugs. FACT he was proven to be a criminal, the reason he was kicked out of school. FACT he was kicked out of his own home for being a thug. How is facing facts being a loon? Just what would you call someone who "makes up" opinions contrary to the "facts"?
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to say.
You've got at least one poster in here who changes his location every day. I'm showing Japan myself when it was Sacramento earlier.
Might want to register given it may or may not be you punk.
I don't need to bring race into this, he was a thug. Color has nothing to do with thugs they come in ALL colors and backgrounds. People like you do piss me off by defending racism on either side. The card is dead, the free ride from it is over. Being of any color no longer is justification for any action.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>...
remember the fact Trayvon had no real motive to supposedly "attack" George outside of self defense.
You call that a fact eh.

Uh OK.

It is not possible that he attacked Z out of sheer teenage hormonal rampage to show that "threat" known as George Zimmerman, just how badass he (Trayvon) was?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>...
You f-ing losers....you think you can pick and choose which facts to embellish on, which facts to include and to dismiss and the fact these aspects will be viewed in court.
And you, a fcuking loser yourself apparently, keep using hyperbole, conjecture, and fantasy in place of facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
'Measurable amounts'....LOL!!!!
You mean to say they had trace amounts asshat
Nope, I meant they were able to measure the amount.
You fell in the trap son.
You want to know just how much was, uh, measurable?

The fact that it was measured in his blood is the point Danny Boy. That means he was high at the time of the, uh, incident.

You wish to find the toxicology report on your own son and save face, or would you prefer I play with you a little longer before I burst your bubble?
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, a fcuking loser yourself apparently, keep using hyperbole, conjecture, and fantasy in place of facts.
Everyone sees it except him. I guess we are all losers for letting facts get in the way of our opinions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was going to destroy your life should Zimmerman be punished for his actions you freak.
What I did mention is that I hope this case as well as that involving the retired firefighter in Texas as well as others who abuse this 'Stand Your Ground' law or other cases in which a gun is misused and self defense is claimed will send a message to you punks who think every f-ing time someone you don't care for dies by gunfire with the shooter claiming "self defense" will end up with the shooter being justifiably held accountable.
You and your ilk are a joke to responsible gun owners friend.
Yes you did Danny Boy. You said as much and even more in some of your racial rants against me for looking at facts instead of race.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd like to know where you got your 'within an hour or two of his death' info because it's bogus.
Really?
How long does THC stay in human blood?
How long does THC stay in human urine?
How long does THC stay in human hair follicles?

Since you say I am in error. How about you educate me on the matter?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to say.
You've got at least one poster in here who changes his location every day. I'm showing Japan myself when it was Sacramento earlier.
Might want to register given it may or may not be you punk.
Why not take your own advice son?
Why not use your own newly registered screen name?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone sees it except him. I guess we are all losers for letting facts get in the way of our opinions.
Apparently so.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I meant they were able to measure the amount.
You fell in the trap son.
LOL! Trapping people with BS?

This article from May "may" help you. LOL!

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/18/traces-...
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to know just how much was, uh, measurable?
1.5 Nanograms. How much is a nanogram?
'Nano-' denotes a fraction of one billionth (10-9)

A nanogram (ng) is, therefore, 10-9g or one billionth of a gram. This can be written as a unit in the 9th decimal place: 0.0000000015g
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_is_a_nanog...
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that it was measured in his blood is the point Danny Boy.
What exactly is your point? Do you even know?
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That means he was high at the time of the, uh, incident.
Uh, no it doesnt.

"For one, they are so low as to almost certainly not be connected to recent intoxication: 1.5 nanograms of THC were found as well as 7.3 nanograms of THC-COOH, a metabolite of THC that can stay in the system for weeks after cannabis has been smoked. Immediately after inhaling, THC levels typically rise to 100 to 200 nanograms per milliter of blood..."
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish to find the toxicology report on your own son and save face, or would you prefer I play with you a little longer before I burst your bubble?
LOL! You think your bursting bubbles with your made up BS, son? Thanks for stopping in. Have a nice day! Asshat...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Yes, Really.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How long does THC stay in human blood?
A few days to several weeks.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How long does THC stay in human urine?
A few days to Several weeks
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How long does THC stay in human hair follicles?
Depends how often you get your hair cut.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you say I am in error. How about you educate me on the matter?
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuan...
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Really.
<quoted text>
A few days to several weeks.
<quoted text>
A few days to Several weeks
<quoted text>
Depends how often you get your hair cut.
<quoted text>
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuan...
Umm. I guess you missed the FACT one of the items on his person was a lighter. Since he didn't smoke cigarettes but was positive for drugs just where do you think that points? The lighter was on him that night not from weeks ago, however the baggy and pipe had been found LESS than a week earlier pointing to ONGOING drug use. Do you deny it is very possible he was high that night?
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Trapping people with BS?
This article from May "may" help you. LOL!
<quoted text>
1.5 Nanograms. How much is a nanogram?
'Nano-' denotes a fraction of one billionth (10-9)
A nanogram (ng) is, therefore, 10-9g or one billionth of a gram. This can be written as a unit in the 9th decimal place: 0.0000000015g
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_is_a_nanog...
<quoted text>
What exactly is your point? Do you even know?
<quoted text>
Uh, no it doesnt.
"For one, they are so low as to almost certainly not be connected to recent intoxication: 1.5 nanograms of THC were found as well as 7.3 nanograms of THC-COOH, a metabolite of THC that can stay in the system for weeks after cannabis has been smoked. Immediately after inhaling, THC levels typically rise to 100 to 200 nanograms per milliter of blood..."
<quoted text>
LOL! You think your bursting bubbles with your made up BS, son? Thanks for stopping in. Have a nice day! Asshat...
Funny how you quote a bias link and even it can't say he was not high. All they can confirm is he was positive for drugs which goes in favor of Georges assessment of Trayvon being on drugs. There are literally thousands of CONVICTED cases of crimes being committed by felons that were high on marijuana including assault and murder in fact many tried to use being high as an excuse for the crime. Opps is that a bubble popping?
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Darn those FACTS just keep getting in the way.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You call that a fact eh.
Uh OK.
It is not possible that he attacked Z out of sheer teenage hormonal rampage to show that "threat" known as George Zimmerman, just how badass he (Trayvon) was?
And you'd call your opinion Trayvon attacked Zimmerman out of "sheer teenage hormonal rage" fact???

BAH HAH HAH!!!

You're laughable hypocrite.

Zimmerman is going down fruitcake.

George's culpability and responsibility lies into the fact he pursued Trayvon in the manner he did. The fact no one but these two involved does not enable george to create a story line on events and make that the only plausible scenario given he's the only one who lived.

What if Trayvon was the one who lived. What if Trayvon advised he was being pursued by a strange man at night and he felt he had to defend himself with the only weapon at his disposal were his hands.

Would you then support Trayvon? You wouldn't have little tale of events now would you.

---Start thinking moron. Because I hate to tell you that's how this case will be decided. Not by bias but by actual thought.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.

So it's not a fact an unarmed boy was shot dead by an armed man?

It's not fact that it was George pursuing Trayvon and not the other way around?

It's not fact George had no police training but thought he could carry a gun and act as one?

It's not fact it was night?

It's not fact that the cops would have rather had him stop his fantasy play of pretending to be the Lone Ranger after he already advised them of seeing a "suspicious" person?

It's not fact Zimmerman left his car to continue pursuit even after he followed Trayvon by both foot at auto previously?

It's not fact any reasonable person would see a stranger following them around at night as a possible threat?

it's not a fact that Trayvon had only a trace of past use of marijuana in his system?

It's not a fact marijuana is not a drug such as rock cocaine or bath salts that make users go uncontrollably violent?

It's not a fact Trayvon was not guilty of doing anything illegal that night?

It's not a fact Trayvon had no past that would lead us to believe he'd go violent for no cause on some stranger?

It's not a fact George had a history of repeatedly calling 911 and being an overzealous wanna be policeman in the area?

---I don't know shitforbrains but those seem like a lot of facts you seem to want to dismiss.

Get a clue moron. You don't strap on a gun and play a Texas Ranger only to kill an unarmed person without having your ducks in a row and by all indications little boy George did not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Umm. I guess you missed the FACT one of the items on his person was a lighter. Since he didn't smoke cigarettes but was positive for drugs just where do you think that points? The lighter was on him that night not from weeks ago, however the baggy and pipe had been found LESS than a week earlier pointing to ONGOING drug use. Do you deny it is very possible he was high that night?
OOOOOoooooo......a lighter.

Yeah....that really proves Trayvon was a drugged out killer.

LOL!!!!

He probably did smoke weed from time to time. Big wahoo.

Weed does not make you go bonkers friend. Shit....with half the people that use it it makes them go to sleep and the others just go into a mellow state of mind.

Add to that dickhead he only had trace amounts of that in his system.

Now if you had brains you'd know if Trayvon was all loaded up with a milkshake of booze and crack cocaine that night you might have a point but as it is you're reaching and it's really sad of you to have to pull such a claim.
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
And you'd call your opinion Trayvon attacked Zimmerman out of "sheer teenage hormonal rage" fact???
BAH HAH HAH!!!
You're laughable hypocrite.
Zimmerman is going down fruitcake.
George's culpability and responsibility lies into the fact he pursued Trayvon in the manner he did. The fact no one but these two involved does not enable george to create a story line on events and make that the only plausible scenario given he's the only one who lived.
What if Trayvon was the one who lived. What if Trayvon advised he was being pursued by a strange man at night and he felt he had to defend himself with the only weapon at his disposal were his hands.
Would you then support Trayvon? You wouldn't have little tale of events now would you.
---Start thinking moron. Because I hate to tell you that's how this case will be decided. Not by bias but by actual thought.
Actually it will be decided on facts and proof. The state can't just make up a story and try to sell it. They MUST prove their accusations. Haven't you heard there is a constitution that says innocent until PROVEN guilty. IF Trayvon had lived, and IF he could provide a story consistent with the physical evidence then yes this case would be different. Even the state has not come up with a story or theory of what happened that night much less proof of that theory. In FACT they admit they don't know what really happened. This all leads to REASONABLE DOUBT. Look it up.
Tray

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOOOoooooo......a lighter.
Yeah....that really proves Trayvon was a drugged out killer.
LOL!!!!
He probably did smoke weed from time to time. Big wahoo.
Weed does not make you go bonkers friend. Shit....with half the people that use it it makes them go to sleep and the others just go into a mellow state of mind.
Add to that dickhead he only had trace amounts of that in his system.
Now if you had brains you'd know if Trayvon was all loaded up with a milkshake of booze and crack cocaine that night you might have a point but as it is you're reaching and it's really sad of you to have to pull such a claim.
Once again idiot it does not have to prove a thing just provide the possibility of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Brown's family prepares to say goodbye 8 min Bob Ruark 8
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 13 min TonyT1961 1,294
Shooting has gained Pittsfield's attention 4 hr Praxis33 12
Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing (Jul '08) 12 hr Rae 165
Manslaughter verdict in bizarre San Francisco s... 20 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 2
Two Weekend Shootings Involving Police Prompt P... 23 hr Serious Mess 2
Audio may have captured Michael Brown shooting Tue Scoop Johnson 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••